HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Ror's Game 4 SCF-bound photos and towel thread!

Old
05-23-2012, 01:27 AM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

vCash: 500
Ror's Game 4 SCF-bound photos and towel thread!

Now that we have arrived, the last team standing in LA...a team of destiny perhaps...it's time for another round of photos from game 4, round 3...and also more towels!

I'm still keeping the game 4, round 2 thread going a little longer as others who were sent towels receive them and also I embarrassingly still have photos to post on that thread, including gifs.

This round, game 4 seats were on the opposite side, Center Ice behind the Kings penalty box. It was much easier to see the game this time but much harder to take photos as there were more metal glass frames in the way. I'll post round 2 photos in the old thread and this round's photos in this thread.
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...1186055&page=3

Towels:
I got a total of nine of them...I'm keeping one for myself as I lost mine (irony) and one for a local friend. One person in the round 2 thread asked me for one as well (Calirose) and if that person claims it, it's theirs. That leaves six up for grabs!

Ok this time I'm going by this priority...if you want a towel, PM me.

1) You aren't someone who already was sent a towel from round 2

2) First come first serve amongst the people who qualify for 1

3) If I come into my PM list and you say you want a towel, and you've given me your entire mailing address including first and last name, I'll give you priority over someone who just asks me if a towel is available. The reason for this is that the HF PM system makes you wait 60 seconds in between messages, even replies (anti-spammer thing). Thus it becomes messaging spaghetti for me real fast. (Plus I'm almost out of room in my box.)

If you are one of the first six, I will reply back with the position number you are in (1st, 5th, etc.) If I'm out, I will try to get more towels later (FINALS BABY) but no guarantees.

I will do my best to let you know right away on this thread if I'm out and I'll reply back too that I'm out.

And, as before, this is free of any charge and I'll include a little gift too. No streamer this time though

Thanks!

- R
.>|<.

And here come the pics:

Rorschach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 01:37 AM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

Ok so the pics...the "more babes for jfont" edition...

All of them walking in pairs...I kept catching them from behind but I'm not complainin'. Sorry for the blurriness but these girls walk fast...they all can skate you know. And dudes kept jumping in front of my lens to get their own "better look"

Bailey was walking around hitting his drum in the arena. I kept getting blurry shots of him (or was it furry shots?) until finally I tracked him down. Look at him front with holding the pen...be real son! Just give them a paw print!

You better be looking at this jfont!
The Ice Girls doing some sort of dance in front of me, on the other side of the arena, while the cameras are rolling. I noticed this while a commercial break during the replay of the Kings game 7 victory over Toronto.

Man, old man Taylor and Luc being interviewed after that big win...it seemed so long ago...every time the Kings scored, the sparse crowd in the seats cheered and also when the final seconds ticked off on the win, lol. Including me. (most people were still at LA Live and wandering the arena...this is like 11 AM right now.

Some kids won the right to sit in the Kings penalty box, right in front of me, while the Kings did a massive warm up skate. (Yotes were skating too) One of them posted this sign.

I turned around and guess who was sitting almost directly behind me...it was a troll! illpucks! No, it was the former NBA commissioner... Guess I got a better seat than him, lulz!

Funny thing is this shot took me 20+ tries and each time it was extremely blurry. Finally when these big dudes are walking past me, I get a recognizable shot almost by accident.

More later!

- R

Old
05-23-2012, 01:45 AM
Dawdler

Thanks Ror!!! very kind of you to share the towels and your game 4 photos

Dawdler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 01:48 AM
LAsusan
Dry Island

You're the best, man

LAsusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 01:54 AM
DocWest
2012 & 2014 Champs

Thanks for sharing all these pics, man!

DocWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 09:37 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Ror, since (I think) you sent me a towel from game 4, round 2, (I say think because it hasn't arrived though I'm sure it's just because some customs agent figured it was a towel bomb or something and is holding it from inspection) I won't PM you for a towel here for Game 4, Round 3. If however by chance you still have one or two say a week from now unclaimed, I'd love to get one. I'd rather let my fellow Kings fans have first dibs though, spread the wealth.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 01:23 PM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
Ror, since (I think) you sent me a towel from game 4, round 2, (I say think because it hasn't arrived though I'm sure it's just because some customs agent figured it was a towel bomb or something and is holding it from inspection) I won't PM you for a towel here for Game 4, Round 3. If however by chance you still have one or two say a week from now unclaimed, I'd love to get one. I'd rather let my fellow Kings fans have first dibs though, spread the wealth.
You got it .

In the meantime I still have four left

Old
05-23-2012, 01:33 PM
kynen

Ror is the greatest thing since Penner scored in OT.

I'm looking at my rd2, g4 towel, streamer and hockeycards as I type this and I am so happy! Not only because of the gifts but I just re-watched Penner winning the game again!

I'll throw my name in the hat again knowing that the towels will probably be gone before my # comes up. I've yet to frame the previous towel though, so it's all good!

kynen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2012, 01:54 PM
saintsnsoldiers
The Nolanator

jarrett.jpg

jarrett1.jpg

jarrett2.jpg

Got our towel a few days ago wanted to post pics, woke my son up from his nap to show him the towel. I cant say it enough....but THANK YOU. This is a very nice thing you did. Living in Utah its hard to get to games and this really allowed for a unique and fun playoff experience this year for us. We were swinging that towel around alot during last nights game 5 win. Thank you for the extra gifts of the Richards card and streamer. Very cool. Im having my mom frame all 3 behind glass and it will go on my wall with my other Kings stuff. Its nice to know the world is filled with wonderful decent and giving people. Thanks for being a true Kings fan Ror. Your the best.

A Kings Regard
Chuck

Last edited by saintsnsoldiers: 05-23-2012 at 02:03 PM.
saintsnsoldiers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 10:28 PM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

Thank you everyone for the kind words!

I still have a few of these left. And I plan on hell or high water to be there on at least Wednesday, again for game 4.

Hit me up if you've never gotten a towel from me or all these guys gonna double dip! lol

- R

Old
05-26-2012, 12:02 AM
123slam

I wanna double dip!

123slam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 07:41 PM
son of earl

Send a message via AIM to son of earl
It was nice meeting you at game 4. hope to see you at another game. Great pics as well

son of earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 06:50 PM
jfont

Awards:
LOL!

Thanks ror..

Keep up the good work...

05-28-2012, 02:10 PM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfont View Post
LOL!

Thanks ror..

Keep up the good work...
YAY!

More pics to come tonight, hopefully.

Old
05-29-2012, 06:26 PM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

I'm going to be gone for a couple of days...might even miss the first game.

I'll try to get these round 3 towels shipped off by Friday. Sorry for the wait!

If you're on the list below, you're guaranteed. If you're not on the list, that means I didn't get a reply back and/or have an incomplete address.
Only one left so whoever gives me their complete info will get it first, IF YOU'VE ALREADY PM'ed ME.

Got towels reserved:
onlyalad
wandk128
ROBITAILLE
LAsusan
Dawdler

Thanks!

- R
.><.

Old
05-29-2012, 06:38 PM
ILuvLA

I just sent you a PM

ILuvLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 12:50 AM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

I'm getting some PMs from new people. My previous message says that I'm only taking info from people who already messaged previously.

For the people I have new messages from, you're on the reserve list...no promises but if someone doesnt claim theirs, I'll make those towels available.

Hopefully it all works out!

Old
05-30-2012, 01:04 AM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

Also I'm away from home so I apologize for not responding immediately.

Old
05-30-2012, 04:35 AM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

Quote:
Originally Posted by son of earl View Post
It was nice meeting you at game 4. hope to see you at another game. Great pics as well
Thanks man you too

Old
06-01-2012, 02:04 AM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Ror is a stud.

RonSwanson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 03:14 AM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonSwanson View Post
Ror is a stud.
I noticed we love to "fight" on the main boards (against the disrespectful fans of other teams)...like playoff warriors...are we the HF Kings fans 4th line? Haha.

Old
06-01-2012, 03:17 AM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach View Post
I noticed we love to "fight" on the main boards (against the disrespectful fans of other teams)...like playoff warriors...are we the HF Kings fans 4th line? Haha.

Nailed it.

Notice how the opposing fans aren't nearly as pathetic/feisty lately as they were in the first two rounds? They see us hanging around and they back off.

Old
06-01-2012, 03:24 AM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

Quote:
Nailed it.

Notice how the opposing fans aren't nearly as pathetic/feisty lately as they were in the first two rounds? They see us hanging around and they back off.

Yeah for sure!

For this round though, all of that "you know when the Kings are down 1-0 to us, how will they handle that" bs, lol. Then they come back with the..."why are you so sensitive to that? it could happen rite?"...yeah, 8-0 on the road...err, 9-0 on the road and we're expected to lose and have to "deal" lol.

We went from underdog (before round 1) to lucky (after round 1) to dirty (after round 2) to lucky and dirty (after round 3) to somehow underdog again (round 4)...

It would be so easy to retaliate and make a similar thread...I can see it now:
"How will the DEVILS deal with adversity"
The Kings have gone up 3-0 in every series they've played. The Devils have not been down 3 games this whole playoffs. How will the Devils handle this "adversity" for the first time?

Poll, choose only one -
o Lose the 4th game like the Blues
o Win one game then lose the 5th like the Canucks and Coyotes

*clicks on first choice*

Why don't I do it? Because I don't want to commit the same faux pas that poster did...piss off a bunch of Devils fans who didn't start anything just to try to piss off the ones who did. But it would be funny. And at least this question/poll is based on immediate history unlike theirs.

- R
.>|<.

Last edited by Rorschach: 06-01-2012 at 03:32 AM.
Old
06-01-2012, 03:36 AM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach View Post
Yeah for sure!

For this round though, all of that "you know when the Kings are down 1-0 to us, how will they handle that" bs, lol. Then they come back with the..."why are you so sensitive to that? it could happen rite?"...yeah, 8-0 on the road...err, 9-0 on the road and we're expected to lose and have to "deal" lol.

We went from underdog (before round 1) to lucky (after round 1) to dirty (after round 2) to lucky and dirty (after round 3) to somehow underdog again (round 4)...

It would be so easy to retaliate and make a similar thread...I can see it now:
"How will the DEVILS deal with adversity"
The Kings have gone up 3-0 in every series they've played. The Devils have not been down 3 games this whole playoffs. How will the Devils handle this "adversity" for the first time?

Poll, choose only one -
o Lose the 4th game like the Blues
o Win one game then lose the 5th like the Canucks and Coyotes

*clicks on first choice*

Why don't I do it? Because I don't want to commit the same faux pas that poster did...piss off a bunch of Devils fans who didn't start anything just to try to piss off the ones who did. But it would be funny. And at least this question/poll is based on immediate history unlike theirs.

- R
.>|<.
LOL

I would laugh at that poll. Clearly you would be doing it to point out how silly the original was. That's the difference between the two threads.

Old
06-01-2012, 09:37 AM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

Quote:
LOL

I would laugh at that poll. Clearly you would be doing it to point out how silly the original was. That's the difference between the two threads.

The best is when honest Kings fans reply that we'll handle the "adversity" really well just like our very recent and extensive track record, and the Devils fans are like "are you sure? We're the Devils you know...we have three Stanley Cups you know...none recently and Brodeur is old now but just sayin".

So bad.