HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Wake up, the team blew it.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-26-2012, 03:30 PM
  #76
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat
 
wolfgaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 12,050
vCash: 500
It is true that crying usually makes you feel better..

Feel better?

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 03:32 PM
  #77
Pizza
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 9,916
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordsCup View Post
"oh they are young, that means they will be better next year"

Really? How about the pens? They grew up a year and lost in the first round easily.

How about those flyers who really have the young guns who will be better ?

How about hank who is turning 30 next season? Is he still only getting better ?

Face it, we ****ing blew it this season. Playoffs is ALL luck. We had it through 2 rounds. Not this round.

All you so happy we are young means jack ****. Wake up will you?

And last, WILL WE EVEN HAVE A SEASON NEXT YEAR WITH THE LOCKOUT?

MAKE THAT a 31 YEAR OLD LUNDQVIST.
I'm warming your bottle in the microwave right now.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 03:34 PM
  #78
MessierIsGod
Registered User
 
MessierIsGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 466
vCash: 500
I feel like we blew it because of the teams we needed to beat to get the Cup.

Had we lost to the Bs or the Pens then I would feel differently.

If at the beginning of the playoffs, someone tell you the 4 teams you need to beat for the Cup are the Sens, Caps, Devils and the Kings - would you have taken that and think that is about as easy a draw as we can possibly get?

So how can one say we did not blow it? We may get back to the ECF soon but it's not likely we get the favorable draws that we had.

There are so many variables to winning a Cup. We had a great great opportunity this year. We blew it.

MessierIsGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 03:35 PM
  #79
Vitto79
Registered User
 
Vitto79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,334
vCash: 500
Listen it blows but I have faith they will learn and win one

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 03:36 PM
  #80
strumwolf
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Albany
Posts: 24
vCash: 500
I am disappointed that we lost. I am not surprised though. We won games all season by grinding out the wins. Sometimes that led to a flurry of goals sometimes it didn't. The playoffs tends to expose teams weaknesses. The devils exposed ours. Even if we made to the SCF I am not so sure that we would win. Once we have a team that can win games by having scoring goals or out grinding the other team then IMO we will be contenders.

strumwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 03:39 PM
  #81
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm
 
Clowes Line's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Yawk
Country: United States
Posts: 12,544
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jb500ex View Post
so does everyone get a shot at your pig wife when this team doesnt do anything the next few years? since your such a big internet tough guy
Too bad I'm not married.

And that made no sense. I don't lash out at the team like I'm better than they are. So even if I was married, you couldn't say that the team ****ed my wife cuz I'd never bash them to the extent where you'd think that they did.

Since you're such a big internet tough guy.

Clowes Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 03:42 PM
  #82
MessierIsGod
Registered User
 
MessierIsGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 466
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
Listen it blows but I have faith they will learn and win one
I agree with you that this is something they can learn from but we were favorites in every series. They lost to a team that had less xpectations than us. Expected to finish below us. Expected to lose to us. When you are the favorite and top seed and lose. That's blowing it.

MessierIsGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 03:46 PM
  #83
EEDAWGZ
Registered User
 
EEDAWGZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Queens,NY
Country: United States
Posts: 857
vCash: 500
to many youngsters , not enough experience , that will all change by next season , the one positive I can pull from all of this.

Hopefully they can all learn from their mistakes

EEDAWGZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 05:01 PM
  #84
DevilsAnimal*
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,684
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by McMonster View Post
If it's "all luck" then how exactly did this team blow it?. Crushing defeats like this sometimes trigger dynasties. 80's Oilers got their doors blown off by the Islanders before going on to win multiple cups. '94 Devils lost to us in OT of Game 7 and then went on to win cups in '95, '00, and '03.

This is only the beginning for this team and I firmly believe that there is a lot more to come. This experience is great for guys like Stepan, Del Zotto, Hags, McDonagh, & Kreider.
To further prove your point; devils missed the playoffs last year only for like the first time ever

DevilsAnimal* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 05:05 PM
  #85
bobbop
Henrik's Pop
 
bobbop's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Suburban Phoenix
Country: United States
Posts: 4,818
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordsCup View Post
"oh they are young, that means they will be better next year"

Really? How about the pens? They grew up a year and lost in the first round easily.

How about those flyers who really have the young guns who will be better ?

How about hank who is turning 30 next season? Is he still only getting better ?

Face it, we ****ing blew it this season. Playoffs is ALL luck. We had it through 2 rounds. Not this round.

All you so happy we are young means jack ****. Wake up will you?

And last, WILL WE EVEN HAVE A SEASON NEXT YEAR WITH THE LOCKOUT?

MAKE THAT a 31 YEAR OLD LUNDQVIST.
We ought to make this a poll so we can quantify how stupid this statement is.

bobbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 05:08 PM
  #86
chosen
Registered User
 
chosen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 5,611
vCash: 500
The Rangers didn't blow a thing. Their lack of offensive depth was finally exposed.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 05:40 PM
  #87
Whoot Whoot
Biased-NYR-Homer
 
Whoot Whoot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 2,683
vCash: 500
I understand what you mean, "A chance to get to the SCF and to not get there is a wasted opportunity"

Whoot Whoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 06:35 PM
  #88
Hockify
Registered User
 
Hockify's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 1,781
vCash: 500
Blaming the team for a great season and making it to the conference finals? Don't you remember when this team couldn't even make the post season? There is nothing to blame.

Hockify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 06:37 PM
  #89
Hockify
Registered User
 
Hockify's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 1,781
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsAnimal View Post
To further prove your point; devils missed the playoffs last year only for like the first time ever
Ever? You must be young, The Devils were awful for a long time.

Hockify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 06:40 PM
  #90
LordsCup*
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 794
vCash: 500
Relax guys, I was a little pissed, and a little drunk when I made the thread.

That said, i still think getting back to the ECF will be extremely tough and a ton of luck still is needed which we may or may not get for awhile.

There are still better teams then ours in the East (Philly with all the young talent and the Pens).

If Lundqvist starts going down with injuries, then what? We can look back at this year remember what could have been?

It sucks guys, but this was one of our best chances, we needed this cup because nothing in the future is a guarantee...

LordsCup* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 06:40 PM
  #91
Blueshirt Believer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 6,378
vCash: 500
Four pages in:

Not a single embedded youtube clip of Deniro's exchange with Sly in Copland.

For shame.

Blueshirt Believer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 06:47 PM
  #92
Trident61494
Registered User
 
Trident61494's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: SUFFOLK, LI, NY
Posts: 585
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
The Rangers didn't blow a thing. Their lack of offensive depth was finally exposed.
Surprised that this thread is still open.

But anyway...some of you need to learn some manners...not kidding. You guys have some different opinions but calling each other names is less than comical.

ANYWAY anyway...The quote above is probably to closest thing you'll get to a "one sentence explanation." There are probably ten things I can think of that contributed to this team not continuing on, but that is certainly in the top three if not the top reason.

Trident61494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 06:58 PM
  #93
N9Y4R
Bleed Blue
 
N9Y4R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The Gold Coast
Country: United States
Posts: 941
vCash: 500
I get that it is incredibly disappointing to get bounced in the CF especially by the Devils. But anyone who is not proud of what this team accomplished this year and excited by the potential of this team going forward is an idiot. We overachieved and grew up a ton, this will only benefit us going forward. Granted there are a lot of good young teams in the east, but we are one of them and there is no reason to think that we can not make a serious run at the cup in the next few years. This team is everything we have wanted for the last 15 years, let's embrace it and be proud of what they accomplished and look forward to the opportunity they have in the next few years.

N9Y4R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 07:02 PM
  #94
Trident61494
Registered User
 
Trident61494's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: SUFFOLK, LI, NY
Posts: 585
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by N9Y4R View Post
I get that it is incredibly disappointing to get bounced in the CF especially by the Devils. But anyone who is not proud of what this team accomplished this year and excited by the potential of this team going forward is an idiot. We overachieved and grew up a ton, this will only benefit us going forward. Granted there are a lot of good young teams in the east, but we are one of them and there is no reason to think that we can not make a serious run at the cup in the next few years. This team is everything we have wanted for the last 15 years, let's embrace it and be proud of what they accomplished and look forward to the opportunity they have in the next few years.
This.

We are not the 2006 Mets.

We are not the Jets of recent memory.

We will come back and we will finish.

Trident61494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 07:02 PM
  #95
poeman
Fixing Rangers PP
 
poeman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 4,587
vCash: 500
http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1196977

^ see that thread


We also have what 6-7 years of great Lundqvist?

poeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 07:04 PM
  #96
poeman
Fixing Rangers PP
 
poeman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 4,587
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident61494 View Post
This.

We are not the 2006 Mets.

We are not the Jets of recent memory.

We will come back and we will finish.
Excellent stuff...I am a die hard Jets fan...That jets team got stacked up for the short run to the championship...Now it seems like they may be going backwards

2006 mets also made alot of signings and were not built for the long run

poeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 07:44 PM
  #97
Killem Dafoe
Moderator
modus operandi
 
Killem Dafoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Land of Bad Drivers
Country: United States
Posts: 15,253
vCash: 50
I can't believe this threads still here.

Killem Dafoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 08:07 PM
  #98
Dactyl
Registered User
 
Dactyl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,979
vCash: 500
look im not attempting to take anything away from the devils but more bounces went their way than ours. sometimes just hitting the post and having the puck bounce one way and not the other is all you need to win a series. most of those 6 games were decided by a bounce, call, or one mistake cant blame the team for playing poorly at all. i know we looked like we **** the bed that series but thats only because we lost if you ask a devils fan or any other fan they will say it was a good series

Dactyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 08:30 PM
  #99
Trident61494
Registered User
 
Trident61494's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: SUFFOLK, LI, NY
Posts: 585
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dc55 View Post
look im not attempting to take anything away from the devils but more bounces went their way than ours. sometimes just hitting the post and having the puck bounce one way and not the other is all you need to win a series. most of those 6 games were decided by a bounce, call, or one mistake cant blame the team for playing poorly at all. i know we looked like we **** the bed that series but thats only because we lost if you ask a devils fan or any other fan they will say it was a good series
respectfully disagree. Mostly because you're right, game 5 is a supreme example of a huge bad bounce off AA skate.

But 80 percent of the Rangers GA were because of poor defense, especially just below the blue line, and because of the inability to get out of our own zone. The Debs forecheck was nearly unstoppable and we made it look god-like by long bombing every other pass into the Neutral Zone

edit: GA = Goals Allowed

Trident61494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 08:35 PM
  #100
Blueshirt Believer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 6,378
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident61494 View Post
respectfully disagree. Mostly because you're right, game 5 is a supreme example of a huge bad bounce off AA skate.

But 80 percent of the Rangers GA were because of poor defense, especially just below the blue line, and because of the inability to get out of our own zone. The Debs forecheck was nearly unstoppable and we made it look god-like by long bombing every other pass into the Neutral Zone

edit: GA = Goals Allowed
Technically not really a defensive problem in the sense our Dmen were able to neutralize the Devils forecheckers most of the time. However its certainly a systemic one pertaining to our transitional game. We willingly turnover the puck too much.

Too many unforced turnovers.

Blueshirt Believer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:25 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.