HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Minnesota Wild
Notices

HF Team Board Mock Draft - 7th Overall

View Poll Results: who do you want the Wild to draft 7th overall?
Jacob Trouba 35 36.46%
Morgan Rielly 36 37.50%
Teuvo Teräväinen 13 13.54%
Griffin Reinhart 6 6.25%
Radek Faksa 0 0%
Olli Määttä 5 5.21%
Cody Ceci 1 1.04%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Old
05-21-2012, 08:18 PM
llamapalooza
Hockey State Expat

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by squidz View Post
If the Wild view two players as roughly equivalent, and Carolina is worried we might pick "their guy" or worse, trade down to Winnipeg's spot, they would possibly be inclined to move up. Think about the Vikings at their draft. They could trade down because of the threat of someone else moving up.

I don't think it's really likely, but I wouldn't rule out a trade with Carolina.
Bingo. Based on my (limited) knowledge of WPG's organization, they're probably not looking for OFD either. Get WPG and CAR into a bidding war for the Wild's pick, since there's a very good chance they'll both be after Teravainen. Or alternatively, just lie and say that we're going to pick him unless CAR convinces us otherwise. It's not entirely implausible; he fits a mold.

llamapalooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 08:20 PM
Minnesota
L'Étoile du Nord

vCash: 50
I think both Carolina and Winnipeg would be content picking either Teräväinen or Faksa.

Minnesota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2012, 09:28 PM
Casper
30 goal grinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by squidz View Post
I understand what you're saying, but "skilled forwards [are] at a premium" doesn't make a compelling argument to me about drafting one. High-end goalies (in terms of draft position at least) are a rarity in this draft as well, but no one would argue for that to be reason to draft Subban. Our organization's defensive pool has Brodin, a giant empty space, then Seeler and Cuma. Even if there was only a single quality forward in the draft, we might still be better off picking a defenseman. We could pick defensemen with every one of our picks and I wouldn't necessarily say we picked enough of them this year.
Depends on the forward. we still have room in our pool to either get a dynamic scorer or a big, fluid skating center. If we have a chance to fill one of those holes in our pool it would be foolish to take a dman. LIke others have pointed out, we have a better chance of getting a stud dman in the second then a forward.

Now, i don't really see that happening so you'll probably get your wish. Given how close some of these dman are to each other i wouldn't mind trading down. (probably use the extra pick to trade back up in the second to the dismay of some posters here).

Casper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2012, 12:52 AM
youvegotit

Chose Määttä but would be happy with Trouba

Eliteprospects on Määttä:
A defenceman with a good frame. Very good overall skills, though better defensively. A very patient player who positions himself well. Excellent hockey sense. Doesn't usually go for big hits, but likes to play the body enough to steal the puck. (Matias Strozyk)

Yet in the OHL playoffs Määttä finishes with a 19GP 6G 17A 23PTS stat line. If he keeps improving he should be a really good at both ends of the ice (much like Trouba is projected to be).

youvegotit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 10:03 PM
SauceHockey
Retired

We do not need Teuvo!

SauceHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 11:55 PM
Victorious Secret
Dr. Chuck Evil

vCash: 16145
Quote:
Originally Posted by asdwe1 View Post
We do not need Teuvo!
qft.

Victorious Secret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 03:53 AM
SphinX
#Whytake7whenyouget3

It's offcourse most likely that we end up with a D, but what if we went with Gal and than picked D's in the rest of the draft?

Misa like that thought yes

SphinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 04:35 AM
Avder
Global Moderator
Sleep? What's that?

vCash: 50
If Gal is somehow, by the stars aligning, by moon being in its proper orbit, still available when we pick, we need to grab him.

Avder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 05:05 AM
TZM
Par too easy

Gal is the obvious one if he's available. I'm still high on Teuvo if a forward isn't out of the question after Gal is picked.

TZM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 09:49 PM
Caior89

vCash: 353
Definitely Trouba, complete package, but there is a high chance that TOR/NYI/ANA draft him.

Caior89 is offline   Reply With Quote