HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

ALL JERSEY TALK HERE - [Who Needs Eisbaren Berlin When It's Flyers Season] Part five.

Closed Thread

Old
05-21-2012, 03:16 PM
JohnnyOnTheSpot
I Believe in G-Sus

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers845 View Post
Ok just checking. I tried emailing them through their site it wasn't working. Maybe I should get a richie made up
They have no idea how to use e-mail there, call them.

Old
05-21-2012, 03:43 PM
flountown

If you want to just save yourself the trouble of contacting and following up, go to Pro League Authentics as they will handle it soup to nuts, just make sure you specify everything when you drop it off.

Old
05-21-2012, 08:43 PM
funghoul
retardo montalbon

anyone hear anything about possible new jerseys like a new third for next year or maybe integrating the winter classic jersey?

Old
05-24-2012, 07:50 PM
Mosetter27

nothing...

Old
05-24-2012, 08:25 PM
pelts35.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by funghoul View Post
anyone hear anything about possible new jerseys like a new third for next year or maybe integrating the winter classic jersey?
I think a third jersey is the furthest things on ownership's minds right now.

Old
05-24-2012, 08:43 PM
NMFlyer1998
hello

Quote:
I don't know if I'm in the minority or majority here, but I would personally love the WC jersey as a third, I really like the way it looks.

Old
05-24-2012, 09:17 PM
funghoul
retardo montalbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelts35.com View Post
I think a third jersey is the furthest things on ownership's minds right now.
really. you think money is so far from ownership's mind? Just cause were depressed doesn't mean they are. I'm kiddin. I'm not looking for a NEW jersey, i just don't want them to one and done such a cool design. As far as the orange jerseys go, i think its better than our home jersey and its obviously popular as hell.

Old
05-25-2012, 12:02 AM
RevUpThoseGolfCarts
Experts at losing

these should be our third jerseys

Old
05-25-2012, 02:34 AM
Edgeworth*

gib link to where i can buy winter calssic jersey

pls

pls

pls

Old
05-25-2012, 11:14 AM
Flyrs21

Hollywood,

The NHL photstore is open again.

http://photostore.nhl.com/Brayden-Sc...885046_PD.html

Old
05-25-2012, 12:05 PM
NMFlyer1998
hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevUpThoseGolfCarts View Post
YES! Although I think people would get mixed up on who is who if everyone is wearing a number 2 Howe jersey.

Old
05-25-2012, 04:18 PM
funghoul
retardo montalbon

Quote:
I'm down with that. its inevitable anyway i think. but those winter classics need more of a run too.

Old
05-25-2012, 04:25 PM
TyrannoMeszarosRex
Humanoid

Anyone know where I can get a decent Giroux jersey for a decent price? I'm looking to spend 135 bucks max.

Old
05-25-2012, 04:30 PM
funghoul
retardo montalbon

Quote:
i realize i didn't know they wore these. i guess this was during warm ups? cause i just remember the jerseys with the mark howe patch on them.

Old
05-25-2012, 06:41 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
i realize i didn't know they wore these. i guess this was during warm ups? cause i just remember the jerseys with the mark howe patch on them.
Correctamundo

Old
05-25-2012, 07:38 PM
funghoul
retardo montalbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdalite View Post
Correctamundo
They do look good. We had those jerseys for so long its still weird to me that we don't have them. i remember how weird it was when we started in with the black ones. Last few years we've seen so many different jerseys i forgot how stable we were for so long. 25 years with the same set. i do like those winter classics tho. with the pants with the stripe. their cool. can't deny it.

Old
05-25-2012, 07:58 PM
Hollywood Couturier

$5500 each for both of Richards' SCF Jerseys. Damn.

On the topic at hand, I'd love to see the Flyers bring the WC jerseys back next year. They look really good live.

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Old
05-25-2012, 08:34 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
They do look good. We had those jerseys for so long its still weird to me that we don't have them. i remember how weird it was when we started in with the black ones. Last few years we've seen so many different jerseys i forgot how stable we were for so long. 25 years with the same set. i do like those winter classics tho. with the pants with the stripe. their cool. can't deny it.
The way I look at it... except for the 3D Logo one and this last Winter Classic one... all the jerseys have been an evolution and a sort of morphing and it has come full circle now. The Orange to black was only a big change because of the color and no the design... and even that was adopted in the evolution as it morphed into the Reebok template -- that BTW was a forced change in a way -- the original white and color jersey was tweaked to fit better in with the Cooperalls that was to be a long term thing, and then the black one was adapted from the orange to go with the flow of the popular color... Then the jerseys (white and black) were tweaked/morphed to fit into the Reebok template as orange as the Reebok style was kinda dictating... The way I see it, when it dawned on them that they didn't have to stay so close to the new template, and the retro trend was too difficult to ignore, they morphed back to the original with only slight modification in tint and for taking advantage of the state of the art in the ubiform manufacturing industry.

Anyway... that's how I see it.

Old
05-25-2012, 09:45 PM
funghoul
retardo montalbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdalite View Post
The way I look at it... except for the 3D Logo one and this last Winter Classic one... all the jerseys have been an evolution and a sort of morphing and it has come full circle now. The Orange to black was only a big change because of the color and no the design... and even that was adopted in the evolution as it morphed into the Reebok template -- that BTW was a forced change in a way -- the original white and color jersey was tweaked to fit better in with the Cooperalls that was to be a long term thing, and then the black one was adapted from the orange to go with the flow of the popular color... Then the jerseys (white and black) were tweaked/morphed to fit into the Reebok template as orange as the Reebok style was kinda dictating... The way I see it, when it dawned on them that they didn't have to stay so close to the new template, and the retro trend was too difficult to ignore, they morphed back to the original with only slight modification in tint and for taking advantage of the state of the art in the ubiform manufacturing industry.

Anyway... that's how I see it.
Your right. that pretty much sums it all up except for the "evolution" part. we all know Ed Snider "created" all of this and on the 7th day he rested.......cupless.... except for those 2 we won, the last one being exactly 9 mos. before i was born. boohoobhoobhoobh. i'm sorry if i sound bitter. you at least witnessed glory

Old
05-25-2012, 10:58 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
Your right. that pretty much sums it all up except for the "evolution" part. we all know Ed Snider "created" all of this and on the 7th day he rested.......cupless.... except for those 2 we won, the last one being exactly 9 mos. before i was born. boohoobhoobhoobh. i'm sorry if i sound bitter. you at least witnessed glory
Yes, yes... Creation rather than Evolution. Haha our father Ed created the Flyers in his and the Big Bad Bruins images.

On the first day Snider said, "It will forever be Orange and Black" and the morning and the evening was the first day of O&B.

On the second day he said, "The logo shall forever be the Flying P" and the morning and the evening was the second day of the Flyers mighty Logo.

On the third day Mr. Snider said, "The colors and the logo will forever be as they are on the uniform and it will forever be what it is" and the morning and the evening was the third day of the constancy of the Flyers style uniforms.

On the forth day Eddy said, "The Flyers shall never be pushed around" the morning and the evening was the forth day of the toughness that was the Broad Street Bullies.

On the fifth day Mr. Snider said, "I shall forever build our temples with my own funds" and the morning and the evening was the fifth day of the Houses That Snider Built.

On the sixth day Ed said, "I shall adopt Bobby Clarke from Flin Flan who shall be my first son in my image" and the morning and the evening was the sixth day of the Flyers do or die image.

On the seventh day it was time for a goaltender to replace Bernie Parent... and Mr. Snider saw what he had already done and his two Cups and decided to rest... saying, "It is good".

Old
05-25-2012, 11:01 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Yes, I saw the glory of two Cups... but I was young and it came too easily in the seventh season... I thought it would last forever... I want one more for my son and for all of you... and so I can die in peace.

It will come with these kids... trust me.

Old
05-25-2012, 11:28 PM
Hollywood Couturier

Damn, the Devils SCF gamers range from $1,500-$17,500. I'd have to guess the $17,500 is Brodeur. That's a lot of money.

Old
05-26-2012, 10:36 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Anybody want a white Kevin Kolb jersey for $2.99?... Screened on customization... but what the Hell? haha Boscov's in Deptford has one on its clearance rack... I want to clarify hat that was not a typo; 2 US Dollars and 99/100ths of a Dollar.

I wouldn't be caught dead in Eagles colors, BTW... so you all have a clear shot at it. Take your time though... I don't see it being sold any time soon. LOL

Old
05-26-2012, 10:55 PM
Flyers845

$2.99 is overpriced

Old
05-26-2012, 11:16 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers845 View Post
$2.99 is overpriced
Maybe that is why everybody is holding out for it to crash the infamous and oh so rare Sub-Buck-Jersey-Barrier... Personally I'd pay double the price for a Kolb than I would for an Authentic Vick one.

Closed Thread