HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Komisarek and Dagenais back in Montreal!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-24-2003, 02:05 PM
  #51
goalchenyuk
Registered User
 
goalchenyuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: montreal
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 8,365
vCash: 500
read on the HABRUS BOARD :


This is a totally unsubstatiated hearsay, but a friend of mine with Molson connections said management has concerns about Hainsey hitting the Montreal nightlife a little too hard and too often.
Have any of you heard anything similar? I hope this is BS, because overall I think Hainsey has looked pretty good this year. It would explain his limited action and demotion, but as I say, this is only a rumor.

i remember something that i've read last year , about the fact that he 's very hight to return some money to the 20 % owner of the team ,the molson company

goalchenyuk is offline  
Old
11-24-2003, 02:07 PM
  #52
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole
 
Munchausen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Stuck in traffic
Posts: 5,330
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark0v
i remember have read on a report Julien asking people to be patient with Hossa , that he was given a lot to the play of the team , even he only got 1 goal...
it already surprised me , few days later , that he didn't played him ...more when he still kept him away ...

because he only get 1 goal after playing 15 minutes /by night on the first lines , i am not againts the idea to send him to the farm team, for few weeks.But after , what i ve read , i am reallyt surprise of this move .Also ,i would be curious to know about the thinking of Julien , versus the one of Gainey , about this move ...
Julien seems more and more like a pushover to me. He seems to let the media make the calls (like a lot of inexperienced coaches). The media write papers on how Perreault should not be scratched, and then Hossa is benched for Perreault.

The media ask what's going on with Hossa as he's not producing. Julien's response: We have to give him some time. He's not awful either you know and he's improving. A couple of days later, Hossa is scratched.

Media bark on Sundstrom's or Hainsey's lack of implication, a few games later they're scratched. Seems like the media are always a few strokes ahead on Julien. Weird as I never thought they knew what they were talking about anyway.

I could be wrong, but it looks like the media seem to initiate Julien's thinking process about the lineup changes a awful lot. Who's making the calls? And if Julien bends over for the media, how long will he last in Montreal?

Just food for the thoughts and speculation of course as this just crossed my mind and I did not think it through.

Munchausen is offline  
Old
11-24-2003, 02:16 PM
  #53
habsfan11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 395
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolution
Because he is an AHL star and because he helps the bulldogs A LOT. He's the 2nd scorer in the AHL and helps to create a winning atmosphere down there.

Using the same logic you just used why would a NHL team claim him on waivers if they see him fail with a weak habs team ? Which was the original point of my reply to you.


btw can you explain to me why the habs claimed back Francis Bouillon last year when he failed to make the big team with Nashville(I think) ?
bouillon was brought back b/c of his work ethic, something dags, doesnt have IMO, and because he was a favourite of the coach, something dags isn't either.

everyone says imagine how well boullion would play if he was 6'5", most ppl think he would be amazing. Dags is 6'5" and hes weak slow and so far hasnt shown that he can make it in the nhl. i know you believe he helps create a 'winning atmosphere', but, as other ppl have said on this board, a lot of his production has to do with gratton. if hamilton plays well without him, why would you bring him back? players like perezhogin and higgins have more of a future in montreal then Dag does, they should get more ice time. But if hamilton does not play well without him, then i agree he should be in hamilton.

habsfan11 is offline  
Old
11-24-2003, 02:55 PM
  #54
Mike8
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 11,125
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolution
Look at the oilers they don't have anything close to our prospect depht and yet they have twice as many prospects playing with them. It's sad really that the management would keep achieving average(I'm being REALLY generous here) results with the vets but would keep banking their money on them. Sad ...
That's not necessarily true. Montreal's top prospects are younger and more often from Europe, thus it takes longer for them to adjust. And some quality youngsters like Semenov are being benched an awful lot.

Take a look at Edmonton's youth on board (DOB in paranthesis):
Torres - '81
Hemsky - '83
MA Bergeron - '80
Stoll - '82 (played half the games)
Brewer - '79
Chimera - '79
Sarno + Salmelainen - '79 (played 1/4 of the games each)

versus Montreal:
Ribeiro - '80
Ryder - '80
Markov - '78 (12 days from being a '79)
Hainsey - '81 (played in around half the games)
Ward - '79
Hossa - '81 (played in over half the games)

In terms of total games played, I'd say it'd be very comparable between the two groups of youth.


Overall I don't mind Dagenais being called up. Each move of late indicates to me that Montreal wants to test all their assets in different situations; testing versatility, work ethic, and overall play, before making any moves. Keep in mind this management and coaching staff has not been here long, and knowing your own assets before making moves (ie. trades or buyouts) is key.

I'm not a fan of Dagenais, and I would much prefer watching youth in the lineup, but I can understand the need to evaluate talent on various levels and positions. I'll remain an optomist in believing the youth movement will be underway by around early to mid January, which gives management enough time to evaluate each player.

Mike8 is offline  
Old
11-24-2003, 03:57 PM
  #55
Kirk Muller*
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Montréal
Posts: 3,061
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark0v
read on the HABRUS BOARD :


This is a totally unsubstatiated hearsay, but a friend of mine with Molson connections said management has concerns about Hainsey hitting the Montreal nightlife a little too hard and too often.
Have any of you heard anything similar? I hope this is BS, because overall I think Hainsey has looked pretty good this year. It would explain his limited action and demotion, but as I say, this is only a rumor.

i remember something that i've read last year , about the fact that he 's very hight to return some money to the 20 % owner of the team ,the molson company
Yeah, there was some talk about that when he played for the Citadelles too.

Kirk Muller* is offline  
Old
11-24-2003, 04:03 PM
  #56
goalchenyuk
Registered User
 
goalchenyuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: montreal
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 8,365
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey_s_
Dags is 6'5" and hes weak slow and so far hasnt shown that he can make it in the nhl. i know you believe he helps create a 'winning atmosphere', but, as other ppl have said on this board, a lot of his production has to do with gratton..

so ? If his AHL 's production has to do with Gratton , may be his NHL 's production is going to have to do with Ribeiro or with Koivu ...

if not , they are going to return him down ;

goalchenyuk is offline  
Old
11-24-2003, 04:09 PM
  #57
goalchenyuk
Registered User
 
goalchenyuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: montreal
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 8,365
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk Muller
Yeah, there was some talk about that when he played for the Citadelles too.
so if he have a ''night life'' , it is more understandable why they want to
show him that he have to make a choice

he drinks molson or ...he play hockey for gillet and molson

goalchenyuk is offline  
Old
11-24-2003, 06:31 PM
  #58
Marchy79
Registered User
 
Marchy79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Barrie
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,915
vCash: 500
Just as others have mentioned, this is more reason for trade speculation... On Saturday (I think it was saturday at least) Gainey was heard to say that he plans on moving one of the Right Defencemen... because Komisarek is ready. That says a lot of this move today...

And as anothert has mentioned if he has said that he will explain the move Tuesday Morning, it probably means there more to it than meets the eye... My guess is that it is a definate trade. No guarantee here, but it is MY speculation that the Bell Centre will have a new member (while losing a few)

Marchy79 is offline  
Old
11-24-2003, 06:51 PM
  #59
CrAzYNiNe
Registered User
 
CrAzYNiNe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,023
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
I hope so, I truely do. We need some scoring so badly.

CrAzYNiNe is offline  
Old
11-24-2003, 07:18 PM
  #60
Harry Kakalovich
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 879
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jl.roberts
For the Habs sake, I hope to see Dagenais work his butt off and prove me wrong, but the fact that he's been waived by TWO teams, and failed to crack two extremely poor rosters is disheartening.
uhh... hello - new jersey is a pretty strong (very strong!) roster last time i checked...

Harry Kakalovich is offline  
Old
11-24-2003, 07:31 PM
  #61
Harry Kakalovich
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 879
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchausen
Julien seems more and more like a pushover to me. He seems to let the media make the calls (like a lot of inexperienced coaches). The media write papers on how Perreault should not be scratched, and then Hossa is benched for Perreault.

The media ask what's going on with Hossa as he's not producing. Julien's response: We have to give him some time. He's not awful either you know and he's improving. A couple of days later, Hossa is scratched.

Media bark on Sundstrom's or Hainsey's lack of implication, a few games later they're scratched. Seems like the media are always a few strokes ahead on Julien. Weird as I never thought they knew what they were talking about anyway.

I could be wrong, but it looks like the media seem to initiate Julien's thinking process about the lineup changes a awful lot. Who's making the calls? And if Julien bends over for the media, how long will he last in Montreal?

Just food for the thoughts and speculation of course as this just crossed my mind and I did not think it through.
hmmm... did the media score 7 goals so far this season, or was that yannick perreault? did the media manage a meager 2 points in 15 games on the top line, or was that marcel hossa? it's really hard to imagine just what claude julien and bob gainey were thinking about when making this move... they must be bowing to common sens... er... i mean the media... it must be the media.

Harry Kakalovich is offline  
Old
11-24-2003, 07:36 PM
  #62
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole
 
Munchausen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Stuck in traffic
Posts: 5,330
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stick side
hmmm... did the media score 7 goals so far this season, or was that yannick perreault? did the media manage a meager 2 points in 15 games on the top line, or was that marcel hossa? it's really hard to imagine just what claude julien and bob gainey were thinking about when making this move... they must be bowing to common sens... er... i mean the media... it must be the media.





It's not common sense to play Audette, Kilger and Sundstrom over Hossa. It's not common sense to play Bouillon over Hainsey nor is it common sense to reinsert Perreault in the lineup when the team was playing his best hockey without him, just because the media were whining. For that he broke the kid line that had shown a lot of promises in Buffalo. Also if I recall Perreault didn't have 7 goals at that time and was struggling just like the rest of the team...

Munchausen is offline  
Old
11-24-2003, 07:43 PM
  #63
Harry Kakalovich
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 879
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallace
Man you could see that Hainsey was definetely not ready for the NHL. Werent you nervous every time he had the puck. Thats when you know they still need time in the AHL. Hossa just did not have the mind to handle the speed of the NHL. He needs time to develop and Montreal will not help him. In my personal opinion Hainsey will not end up being that good but Hossa still has a chance. Im not sure Komisarek is ready either, I think that he is taking Hainsey's spot because he is physically more mature then Hainsey. Ryder is good, he has good moves and likes to shoot. He is similar to Zednik and needs a setup man to complement his game. But suprisingly he does have a lot of assists. And Ribeiro is dynamite, he needs finishers too, he is same type of player as Koivu except much better one on one.

An organization like Montreal does not need all these young players. That will make the team worse. And a lot of people who say thata influx of young players will be good long term for Montreal. I disagree with that because how do we know the players are going to be sucessful. Having a few who are the best of the best of montreal prospects is good. Besides you cant give spots to people because of their potentiel or age, they have to be skilled and ready to play in tight checking NHL.
yes - i agree. play those who are ready to play... bring up dagenais, if he can score on the pp we'll all be better off...

Harry Kakalovich is offline  
Old
11-24-2003, 07:47 PM
  #64
Harry Kakalovich
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 879
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchausen
It's not common sense to play Audette, Kilger and Sundstrom over Hossa. It's not common sense to play Bouillon over Hainsey nor is it common sense to reinsert Perreault in the lineup when the team was playing his best hockey without him, just because the media were whining. For that he broke the kid line that had shown a lot of promises in Buffalo. Also if I recall Perreault didn't have 7 goals at that time and was struggling just like the rest of the team...
we need goals, he scores goals... if hossa wasn't glued to the boards all night long he'd score too... the knock on hossa has always been desire and that hasn't changed.

Harry Kakalovich is offline  
Old
11-24-2003, 08:29 PM
  #65
tinyzombies
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Calif via Montreal
Posts: 11,459
vCash: 500
I just don't understand it. Hainsey had a great game against the Islanders, then wasn't played much after that. Now he's being sent down.

They had a glorious opportunity to bring Bulis up to a scoring line and put together a second line consisting of Bulis-Ribeiro-Hossa while keeping the top line intact.

After Audette's injury, it's inconceivable that they would not slot Hossa in there and give the kid playing time.

I just do not understand these decisions.

If anyone should be put on the bench it would be Quintal or even Bouillon even though he's playing well.

Why not keep Hainsey in the lineup AND put Komi in the lineup?

tinyzombies is offline  
Old
11-24-2003, 09:08 PM
  #66
Team_Spirit
Tinordi-Subban
 
Team_Spirit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 20,540
vCash: 700
i'm 100% with you raketheleaves , well said .

Team_Spirit is offline  
Old
11-25-2003, 09:04 AM
  #67
komorules#1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 13
vCash: 500
Is Komisarek playing tonight?

komorules#1 is offline  
Old
11-25-2003, 12:06 PM
  #68
danboulie
Registered User
 
danboulie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,597
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to danboulie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrei Kastsitsyn
Oh hell jeah!

Ohhh jeah baby :>>>
Where's you get the word "jeah" from? I thought that only my friends and I used it.

This is a bittersweet move. I'm pleased to see Komi playing, and excited to see what Dagenais can do, but I wanted Hainsey to stay up because he was doing a good job.

danboulie is offline  
Old
11-25-2003, 12:08 PM
  #69
Andrei Kastsitsyn*
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 558
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphotic
Where's you get the word "jeah" from? I thought that only my friends and I used it.

This is a bittersweet move. I'm pleased to see Komi playing, and excited to see what Dagenais can do, but I wanted Hainsey to stay up because he was doing a good job.
There's no room for Hainsey AND Komi both playing at the same time, btw i say jeah all the time, among other "uncommon" words.. =p

Andrei Kastsitsyn* is offline  
Old
11-25-2003, 12:09 PM
  #70
Andrei Kastsitsyn*
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 558
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by komorules#1
Is Komisarek playing tonight?
Yes.

Andrei Kastsitsyn* is offline  
Old
11-25-2003, 01:11 PM
  #71
habitants9_4
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 639
vCash: 500
Dagenais

Just a warning this guy is not what you guys have him hyped up to be.

I have seen every home game he has played in this season in Hamilton, and he has an accurate shot, and is in the right place at the right time lately, but here are his downfalls:

Slow in the AHL!!! He looks out of place when it comes to speed.

He doesn't really go into the corners, but hangs out in the slot, and in front of the net, and usually takes shots from the Hash Marks.

He is not a good player, and I doubt he ever will be. You guys will see the speed, unless he is just one of those guys like Semenov, who can't play in the AHL and play in the NHL just fine.

I am not saying he wasn't good in the AHL, he did play with Gratton one of the most offensively gifted forwards in the AHL, and Balej who has been setting people up like crazy.

You guys will see soon, the real player behind Dagenais, another big soft Frenchman, who doesn't use his size to his full potential.

habitants9_4 is offline  
Old
11-25-2003, 01:19 PM
  #72
Vicious
Registered User
 
Vicious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,691
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Vicious
Who hyped Dagenais? I thinkg the majority here agrees that there are quite a few other kids that should have been called up before Dagenais.

Vicious is offline  
Old
11-25-2003, 01:36 PM
  #73
habitants9_4
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 639
vCash: 500
I don't remember who, but I know some had him slotted in the top 2 lines. He shouldn't be in the NHL.

Joseph Balej I think his name is...wanted him up...You will simply see what he offers.

habitants9_4 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:10 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.