HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

How Bad Is the "Sting" Your Feeling

Old
05-26-2012, 11:46 PM
rangers5000

vCash: 500
How Bad Is the "Sting" Your Feeling

i had to make this post regarding the feelings of ranger fans, i know some of you are positive but i had to make this post to see what me fellow ranger fans are experiencing more than 24 hours after the game

it feels like my beloved pet died, thats the sting im still feeling, im sure it will go away over time, but man this hurts more than the drury goal

i mean one of those chances we had in the 3rd goes in and we have the big game 7 in our house, i usually never look ahead but i could not help but think how awesome a game 7 would be in our building in this series, i even cleared my schedule on thur for sunday knowing how big that would be, i was so jacked for this weekend

and to have it end in overtime after we outplayed them in the periods 2 and 3, i don't have words, plus i have no other team to run to, i know many of you are yankee fans so atleast you have that this summer

rangers5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 11:52 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Haven't been this crushed after a sports season since the Drury goal back in 07 like you said. Before that, the 06 disaster with the Mets because there wasn't a doubt in my mind we'd win the WS if we won that game 7 against the Cards.

05-26-2012, 11:53 PM
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!

It stings so much. If it's not directly on my mind, it's on the back of my mind and I feel it constantly in my gut. It's not making me emo, but it just sucks...a lot. Being only 20, I haven't seen much devestating Ranger outcomes.

This series as a whole takes itself above the Drury goal in 07. The Federov 3rd period goal in Game 7 of the 2009 playoffs against the Rangers stung badly too. Top three for me.

2012 Conference Finals

2007 Drury goal

2009 Federov GW

Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 11:53 PM
M Gaz
Au revoir Shosanna!

vCash: 50
Not really all that bad. Getting swept in 06 felt worse to be honest.

M Gaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 11:55 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger de FLA View Post
It stings so much. If it's not directly on my mind, it's on the back of my mind and I feel it constantly in my gut. It's not making me emo, but it just sucks...a lot.
I was beyond depressed last night but today I've been fine for the most part. It's when I have time to think and I realize "**** it's over" that I start to get that feeling again. It'll pass in a couple of days like it does every season but this one stings more than most.

NYRFAN218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 12:00 AM
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
I was beyond depressed last night but today I've been fine for the most part. It's when I have time to think and I realize "**** it's over" that I start to get that feeling again. It'll pass in a couple of days like it does every season but this one stings more than most.
Yeah, the sting will fade, but it'll always be there when you think of it or you just happen to run into highlights.

I thought about 15 minutes ago that the Rangers were playing tomorrow... Then I realized it's done.

Spoiled with 102 Ranger games lol

Old
05-27-2012, 12:03 AM
Megustaelhockey
Global Moderator
Hybrid icing

Hockey is just a game. You still have families, friends, spouses/GFs/BFs.

Losing sucks, but you have to maintain perspective.

I'm honestly too old now to get as upset about losing as I used to.

Megustaelhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 12:07 AM
Kershaw

Not as bad as I imagined.

I have faith in the Kings to provide justice. Plus if the Debbies lose, they don't have a cup or their 1st round pick!

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 12:17 AM
SnowblindNYR

I felt dejected when the goal was scored and when they were showing the replays of the goal. However after that, I've been fine. I'm over it. Drury's goal is on a whole different universe. I was sick to my stomach the next day over that. I felt a lot worse after game 5. I was upset the next day over that.

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 12:18 AM
rangers5000

ya i just wanted to see if you guys were feeling like i was, im surprised some of you aren't "stung" that much

this hurts worse than the drury goal, i mean i was really all in this year, i even watched the pre and post games and all the extra stuff, even listening to more talk radio than i usually do because of this, i wanted to take it all in because it felt like this was our "94"

even though i witnessed 94 i was to young to grasp and appreciate it

i tried to shake it today but man i still stings, i know i shouldn't feel this way but i can't help it, this one hurts, even when im not thinking about it its always there in the back on my mind

maybe i had unfair expectations, maybe i care to much, maybe i shouldn't invest this much time on this team, i just feels like i wasted so much of it on this team this year hoping it was another 94 run

Old
05-27-2012, 12:19 AM
Thunderhead

just sports , not enough to alter one's life . waiting for october

Thunderhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 12:21 AM
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!

I don't even know who scored the Devils goal. Don't care. I saw the ref point his hand to the ice and that was enough for me. Haven't watched anything. I highly doubt I'll watch the Cup. But I'm not going to walk around all sad and emotional over a game for days. That night? Yeah. But it's too much, in my opinion, if it affects your emotions for days.

Old
05-27-2012, 12:22 AM
Thunderhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
I felt dejected when the goal was scored and when they were showing the replays of the goal. However after that, I've been fine. I'm over it. Drury's goal is on a whole different universe. I was sick to my stomach the next day over that. I felt a lot worse after game 5. I was upset the next day over that.

i am going to look for this dreaded drury goal to see what's the big deal about it. was it 2005 ?

Old
05-27-2012, 12:22 AM
rangers5000

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
see i don't get how fans can feel this way, that goal sucked, in fact i sat there for around 30-60 min just sitting on the floor, just a blank stare at the tv not even concentrating on what i was watching, but the next day i think i felt better, and the sens beat them helped out, then the ducks winning it felt better knowing we probably never won anyways

but this lose, this deep, with a real legit chance to our rivals, the sting seems to last longer for me, this is on a whole new level even compared to the drury goal

Old
05-27-2012, 12:24 AM
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderhead View Post
i am going to look for this dreaded drury goal to see what's the big deal about it. was it 2005 ?
07. I can't watch it. That sucked ass. Words can't describe it.

Old
05-27-2012, 12:27 AM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
That, the Henrique goal, and the Molina HR followed up by the Beltran AB in 06 are definitely the list I have set up to watch if I ever want to torture myself. Maybe I'll toss in the Doug Brien missed FG's against the Steelers in 04 too.

Old
05-27-2012, 12:28 AM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark11 View Post
see i don't get how fans can feel this way, that goal sucked, in fact i sat there for around 30-60 min just sitting on the floor, just a blank stare at the tv not even concentrating on what i was watching, but the next day i think i felt better, and the sens beat them helped out, then the ducks winning it felt better knowing we probably never won anyways

but this lose, this deep, with a real legit chance to our rivals, the sting seems to last longer for me, this is on a whole new level even compared to the drury goal
I honestly don't think we were going to beat the Kings. I don't think we lost a chance to win the cup this year. The Drury goal hurt because we had a sure win taken away from us. Though that Brad Richards chance drives me crazy whenever I think of it. It's like everyone on this team lost any chance to score a semi-skilled goal once the playoffs hit, except Kreider. At least when forwards are concerned. The D has looked like they have way more skill than our forwards. All Richards had to do was lift it. No, of course he channels his inner Rupp and shot it right into Brodeur. Hell even Rupp in OT against the Caps lifted the puck and would have scored if not for Boyle. Richards' hands completely turned into stone on that. That's the only thing that pisses me off. Otherwise I'm over it. I'm surprised. But I'm over it.

Old
05-27-2012, 12:31 AM
Thunderhead

Quote:
well, i have to see it at least once . thank you.

Old
05-27-2012, 12:33 AM
Machinehead
54★ 74★ 90★ 14★

Easiest elimination I've ever gone through. There's hope; there's a tomorrow. This is something I never had for almost two decades.

Sure it hurts that I could smell the Cup and ended up not getting there, but to me it's so much better to smell it and not get there, especially with a young team, than to just get embarrassed like we usually do.

The aforementioned Drury goal though; still not over that one. That was that team's last chance.

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 12:34 AM
rangers5000

richards also had that semi break in game 5 that would of won it, i mean we had our chances to take the lead in both game 5 and 6, i mean richards lifts that puck were have game 7 tomorrow night

how can u be "over it", im sorry but im not, maybe i need to stop caring as much

how many games have you watched this year, im just curious, did you watch every second of the playoff run

Old
05-27-2012, 12:36 AM
rangers5000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
Easiest elimination I've ever gone through. There's hope; there's a tomorrow. This is something I never had for almost two decades.
see im the opposite, i feel it was easier i get through the last 7 seasons because we never had a chance, we had a chance this year, going this deep makes it hurt even more

Old
05-27-2012, 12:36 AM
Fanned On It

Quote:
It stings so much. If it's not directly on my mind, it's on the back of my mind and I feel it constantly in my gut. It's not making me emo, but it just sucks...a lot. Being only 20, I haven't seen much devestating Ranger outcomes.

This series as a whole takes itself above the Drury goal in 07. The Federov 3rd period goal in Game 7 of the 2009 playoffs against the Rangers stung badly too. Top three for me.

2012 Conference Finals

2007 Drury goal

2009 Federov GW
Isn't "emo" a style of music?

But yeah... I'm disappointed. I can't help but feel like we were overrated this entire season (please don't shoot me! lol). Every game was sort of gut-wrenching to watch... idk. I was just really hoping we were better than that.

Fanned On It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 12:37 AM
KICKsaveANDaBeauty

I was REALLY down from the time the game ended until about 6pm today. I went to bed last night thinking I'd just sleep on it and by morning I would just have this "Oh well...Get em next year" kinda feeling. Didnt happen, I pretty much just walked around all day shaking my head and sulking. Then I went out, played some hockey and felt a little better. My expectations going into this year(and pretty much every year) weren't exactly sky high. I'm extremely proud of the team. To be honest, the main feeling I have right now is just excitment for next season. Im not going to sit here and say we're shoe-ins for the Cup, not at all. But I just think next years team is going to be leaps and bounds better than this team...

Honestly, for me the loss wasn't the worst part. WHO we lost to is what was killing me...I live right in the thick of Devil country, and the majority of my friends are Devils fans. I just don't want to hear the garbage from them. I just hope the Kings destroy them and that Richards and Carter have a great series(Cant believe I just said that), just to make Philly look silly for dumping the both of them

KICKsaveANDaBeauty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 12:37 AM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderhead View Post
Dude, how long have you been a hockey fan, lol? 2005 was the lockout. Anyway, it was 2007.

Old
05-27-2012, 12:39 AM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

The Fedorov goal in 09 didn't bother me as much. Obviously a goal with five minutes left in a game 7 sucks big time but I really had no expectations going back to DC for game 7 after getting killed in the prior two games and that was the worst Ranger team since the lockout IMO. Just a brutal team. If we somehow got by the Caps, we would have gotten beaten in the 2nd round.