HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The KHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The KHL Discuss the Continental Hockey League (Kontinentalnaya Hokkeynaya Liga).

KHL Draft 2012

Old
05-26-2012, 04:35 PM
Sokil
Ukraine Specialitsky

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
Sokil
I am not native russian speaker but I understand this very good.

В первом раунде драфта ХК "Донбасс" претендовал на 17-летнего уроженца Киева Владислава Лысенко, которого "защитил" подмосковный "Атлант".
Donbass wanted to pick Lysenko, borned in Kiev, WHO WAS PROTECTED by Atlant.

you can watch it on khl YT (since 49:40)
Does the page not say that they selected 1994 born Erik Karlsson in the 2nd round from Frolunda? The KHL list says they took Mikko Vainonen from HIFK.

Sokil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 04:40 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sokil View Post
Does the page not say that they selected 1994 born Erik Karlsson in the 2nd round from Frolunda? The KHL list says they took Mikko Vainonen from HIFK.
you are right.. I re-watched YT and yes, seems khl website has a mistake. Who knows?

vorky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 07:31 PM
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!

How many picks do Vityaz forfeit again? Apparently they had to forfeit at least their first and second-rounders...

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 08:34 PM
Polaris500*

brendan

Polaris500* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 08:41 PM
cska78

Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
draft is gowing through the growing pains, Minsk and Riga strategies are so stupid - drafting local guys who can be had as FA. Any depth CSKA/Dinamo/Kazan' guy is clearly better and can be had in later rounds when protections have run out...

cska78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 08:51 PM
Jussi
No strings on me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sokil View Post
Donbass says hi. Already signed 4 Finns and a Swede this summer.
I think you missed the point...

it seems KHL once again didn't pay attention to their own rules, according to which they can't draft players with an NHL contract. That didn't seem to stop one club from drafting Jani Hakanpää...

Jussi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 09:53 PM
Sokil
Ukraine Specialitsky

only happened a few days ago, someone didnt get the memo. maybe it'll get voided?

Sokil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 02:06 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
I think you missed the point...

it seems KHL once again didn't pay attention to their own rules, according to which they can't draft players with an NHL contract. That didn't seem to stop one club from drafting Jani Hakanpää...
pls dont judge if you dont have information.. are you sure Hakanpää contract is valid? KHL and NHL have common database of players contratcs. So if Hakanpää had contract in NHL, he would not be drafted in KHL. Thats explanation of your opinion... I dont know how true is with Hakanpää contract.

Secondly, KHL rules about draft DONT SAY anything about NHL contracts! I know it was in past, but not this year. Pls give me quote of rules if I am wrong

Old
05-27-2012, 02:11 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathradio View Post
How many picks do Vityaz forfeit again? Apparently they had to forfeit at least their first and second-rounders...
Bad for Vityaz, they lost Goldobin, Ilya Ivanov. According to MHL stats best prospects. Especially Goldobin.. Managment of Vityaz is crap. They traded Panarin + 1st round pick (3rd overall) for SOMETHING. Why they addded draft pick to Panarin´s trade?? They had to know that they wont have protection right.

Old
05-27-2012, 03:14 AM
FrontenacSens

Can someone tell me what CHL players were drafted?

FrontenacSens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 03:29 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suddz17 View Post
Can someone tell me what CHL players were drafted?

NAME - CHL - KHL

Faksa -Kitchener- Neftekhimik
Graborenko -Cape Breton- Dinamo Minsk
Gernát -Edmonton- Salavat Yulaev Ufa
Rakell -Plymouth- Sibir
Zharkov -Belleville Bulls- Novokuznetsk
Hyka - Gatineau Olympiques- Spartak Moscow
Bartchi -Calgary- Severstal
Jensen -Oshawa- Salavat Yulaev Ufa
MacKinnon -Halifax- Vityaz
Trocheck -Saginaw- Vityaz
Prince -Ottawa- Vityaz
Beran -.P.E.I.- Salavat Yulaev Ufa
Humphries -Calgary Hitmen- Traktor Chelyabinsk
Will -Moncton Wildcats- HC LEV Prague

Quote:
clever pick, undrafted in NHL, 20y old. What does he plan for future??

Old
05-27-2012, 07:44 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Maybe Marko Dano will sign with Slovan this summer. He was drafted by Slovan in 1st round.
http://www.hkdukla.sk/clanky/aktualn...-pochopia.html

Old
05-27-2012, 08:59 AM
Jussi
No strings on me

Quote:
pls dont judge if you dont have information.. are you sure Hakanpää contract is valid? KHL and NHL have common database of players contratcs. So if Hakanpää had contract in NHL, he would not be drafted in KHL. Thats explanation of your opinion... I dont know how true is with Hakanpää contract.

Secondly, KHL rules about draft DONT SAY anything about NHL contracts! I know it was in past, but not this year. Pls give me quote of rules if I am wrong
Hakanpää signed an NHL contract days ago(though he's going to play next year in Finland), check the Transactions board's Prospect signings thread. It came up yesterday when someone at the jatkoaika.com boards asked the same thing (re: KHL not knowing/following their own rules).

Old
05-27-2012, 09:58 AM
Scarecrow Boat

Graborenko - Cape Breton
He was traded at Christmas to Drummondville.
Is he Graborenko full time or is he still Hrabarenka some times?

Scarecrow Boat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 10:19 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Thilander View Post
Graborenko - Cape Breton
He was traded at Christmas to Drummondville.
Is he Graborenko full time or is he still Hrabarenka some times?
I have no idea, I have never heard about him.

Jussi
STOP insulting KHL if you dont know rules! Pls quote appropriate KHL rule.

Another thing. He signed NHL contract, but does it mean contract was valid when KHL draft took place? What do NHL rules say? Maybe he sign contract, but contract is valid since 1.july 2012.. not? Tell me more about NHL rules. Important thing is that he will play SM Liiga next season. Take it into account.

You came to this thread to troll, you have no argument to support your words. Give me them! "Saying he signed NHL contract" means NOTHING for me from legal point of view. If you gave me proof, I would support your view but no proofs on table, no discussion, just trolling.

Old
05-27-2012, 10:32 AM
hockeyamateur

Did any prospects from the "lower" countries get drafted?

Germany
Denmark
Norway
Switzerland
Austria
Italy
France
UK

Excluding Slovakia, Latvia, Belarus and Kazakhstan since they have teams in the KHL and most likely had someone drafted.

It would be nice to know.

hockeyamateur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 10:56 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
Germany
Ralf Rinke (F) EHC Timmendorfer Strand 06/Hamburg - Dinamo Riga, but he is Latvian as well acc to EP

Quote:
Denmark
Nicklas Jensen (F)- look upper

Quote:
Switzerland
Phil Baltisberger (D) ZSC - Yugra Khanty Mansiysk
Bartchi (F) - look upper

Also G Elvis Merzlikins from Lugano but he is Latvian

Old
05-27-2012, 11:12 AM
Jussi
No strings on me

Quote:
I have no idea, I have never heard about him.

Jussi
STOP insulting KHL if you dont know rules! Pls quote appropriate KHL rule.

Another thing. He signed NHL contract, but does it mean contract was valid when KHL draft took place? What do NHL rules say? Maybe he sign contract, but contract is valid since 1.july 2012.. not? Tell me more about NHL rules. Important thing is that he will play SM Liiga next season. Take it into account.

You came to this thread to troll, you have no argument to support your words. Give me them! "Saying he signed NHL contract" means NOTHING for me from legal point of view. If you gave me proof, I would support your view but no proofs on table, no discussion, just trolling.
Holy hissy fit, Batman! Hakanpää's contract was announced on Monday so of course it's valid.

It was Finnish posters (who work and live in Russia and follow their "hometown's" teams) at jatkoaika.com that noted the rule about not drafting players with an NHL contract. Take it up with the team that drafted Hakanpää, don't start hating on people that caught them for their carelessness.

Old
05-27-2012, 12:02 PM
FrontenacSens

Quote:

NAME - CHL - KHL

Faksa -Kitchener- Neftekhimik
Graborenko -Cape Breton- Dinamo Minsk
Gernát -Edmonton- Salavat Yulaev Ufa
Rakell -Plymouth- Sibir
Zharkov -Belleville Bulls- Novokuznetsk
Hyka - Gatineau Olympiques- Spartak Moscow
Bartchi -Calgary- Severstal
Jensen -Oshawa- Salavat Yulaev Ufa
MacKinnon -Halifax- Vityaz
Trocheck -Saginaw- Vityaz
Prince -Ottawa- Vityaz
Beran -.P.E.I.- Salavat Yulaev Ufa
Will -Moncton Wildcats- HC LEV Prague
Thank You

FrontenacSens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 12:30 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
В случае отказа Хоккеиста заключить Контракт с воспитавшим его Клубом, использовавшим преимущественный выбор, Хоккеист лишается права выступать в соревнованиях КХЛ, ВХЛ, МХЛ до того года, в котором ему исполняется 29 лет.
Quote:
If guy, who is protected by his club, refuses to sign contract, he CAN NOT play KHL, VHL, MHL until year he is 29
Interesting rule. It is case of Grigorenko and CSKA. I am not sure if отказ/refusal must be done summer after draft or until he is 22 (rights expire). Any idea? Club HAS TO offer contract to protected kid until 1.8. of year draft (in Grigo case it was last summer and CSKA did it, he refused).

This rule above is really important.. because if russian kid is not protected (Tolchinstky, Zadorov), he can refuse contract, play VHL or MHL until he is 22 (rights expire) and then SIGN with whoever in KHL. Grigorenko case is another, CSKA will lost right when he is 22 but he CAN NOT sign in KHL until he is 29 (even with CSKA). Of course, it is my interpretation.... I can be wrong. Therefore I ask you.

Old
05-27-2012, 12:44 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Jussi
I still dont see rules... I dont care about some finn living in Russia.

Quote:
Hakanpää's contract was announced on Monday so of course it's valid.
dont have to be true. If contract is signed, it does not matter that it is valid. Pls rules.

Old
05-27-2012, 01:31 PM
Coramoor

Quote:
Interesting rule. It is case of Grigorenko and CSKA. I am not sure if отказ/refusal must be done summer after draft or until he is 22 (rights expire). Any idea? Club HAS TO offer contract to protected kid until 1.8. of year draft (in Grigo case it was last summer and CSKA did it, he refused).

This rule above is really important.. because if russian kid is not protected (Tolchinstky, Zadorov), he can refuse contract, play VHL or MHL until he is 22 (rights expire) and then SIGN with whoever in KHL. Grigorenko case is another, CSKA will lost right when he is 22 but he CAN NOT sign in KHL until he is 29 (even with CSKA). Of course, it is my interpretation.... I can be wrong. Therefore I ask you.
dumbest rule ever... Especially as it's so easy to abuse. You'll just get a whole bunch of filatov situations, with KHL teams paying the guys contract back to the NHL team under the table. I get that they want to keep guys in the KHL.However, if you have to resort to such ridiculous rules though you're not proving your league is any good, just that people are afraid of not having a guaranteed paycheck

edit: not implying that filatov's khl team is paying them back, I would seriously doubt that, but that's what it will come to with rules like this

Coramoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 01:35 PM
Jussi
No strings on me

Quote:
Jussi
I still dont see rules... I dont care about some finn living in Russia.

dont have to be true. If contract is signed, it does not matter that it is valid. Pls rules.
Well of course that Finn, being a fan of a KHL team, would also have knowledge of the league's rules since he mentioned the said rule.

What? Are YOU trolling or just insane/stupid? Besides, you're not even Russian are you? Why is it such a big deal to you if some KHL team ef's up at the draft?

Old
05-27-2012, 01:50 PM
Coramoor

what's up with khl teams taking Canadian players who will 99.9% chance never play in the khl, especially before rights would run out. Seems like a massive waste of a pick. Take a euro player who might play rather then a Canadian or American

Coramoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 02:00 PM
Jussi
No strings on me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coramoor View Post
what's up with khl teams taking Canadian players who will 99.9% chance never play in the khl, especially before rights would run out. Seems like a massive waste of a pick. Take a euro player who might play rather then a Canadian or American
It's just really wishful foresight, in case they don't pan out in the NHL. Same with the Finns.