HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Toronto-Tampa Bay

Old
05-26-2012, 12:35 PM
Doctor Drej
Unregistered User

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MISC View Post
This actually the worst trade proposal I have ever read on a hockey forum.
You either

A) Haven't been here long enough

or

B) Don't read here enough

Doctor Drej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 12:37 PM
Liferleafer
Golf....again....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Pyatt View Post
You either

A) Haven't been here long enough

or

B) Don't read here enough
I don't know....there may be worse, but this is pretty putrid.

Liferleafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 12:40 PM
stryfe604

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealkoho View Post
as I said radio

there is a Canucks writer talking about it as well, so it's not isolated

I'll ask you again to stop acting like a 13 year old, keep the nonsense to yourself
As you refuse to provide a link. Tell me what station, and I will back track them to find the supposed truth that only you and no one on HF boards has ever heard before.

Do you honestly think if Kypper said something along that lines, it wouldn't have been mentioned anywhere else on HF? It would have blown up the Lou thread. So again GG to you.

stryfe604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 12:41 PM
Liferleafer
Golf....again....

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoundCake View Post
Then provide a link. Most talk radio shows(that aren't hacks) provide recordings of previous shows on their website.

Again, you need to provide a link.

I think you're full of it, Yzerman has already said he won't be trying to trade V4.

Link

See how that works? I claim something and back it up with a reviewable source.
Off topic...how the hell do you post links on this site, i've tried with no luck.

Old
05-26-2012, 12:47 PM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
Off topic...how the hell do you post links on this site, i've tried with no luck.
when you start a response or a post look for the little globe with what look like shades under it in the middle. If you hover over it you'll see it says insert link. You may mess it up the first time as I did but just a simple copy and paste. I think you need to copy the link up to the back slashes but not the back slashes. I think if you copy over them it won't work but anyway that's were you start.

dredeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 12:49 PM
Liferleafer
Golf....again....

Quote:
Originally Posted by dredeye View Post
when you start a response or a post look for the little globe with what look like shades under it in the middle. If you hover over it you'll see it says insert link. You may mess it up the first time as I did but just a simple copy and paste. I think you need to copy the link up to the back slashes but not the back slashes. I think if you copy over them it won't work but anyway that's were you start.
I thank you good sir.

Old
05-26-2012, 12:50 PM
stryfe604

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
Through voodoo and magic lol.

I just use the actual quote icon. And in the tab where you have youtube and such there is one for URL and Links

Old
05-26-2012, 12:59 PM
Liferleafer
Golf....again....

QUOTE=stryfe604;50182089]Through voodoo and magic lol.

I just use the actual quote icon. And in the tab where you have youtube and such there is one for URL and Links[/QUOTE]

Got it...thanks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2MAKaadA9c

Old
05-26-2012, 01:08 PM
Still All In
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
as I said radio

there is a Canucks writer talking about it as well, so it's not isolated

I'll ask you again to stop acting like a 13 year old, keep the nonsense to yourself
Kypreos knows nothing about this team, and Malone at the start of the year was a prime example.

Still All In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 01:13 PM
Liferleafer
Golf....again....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still All In View Post
Kypreos knows nothing about this team, and Malone at the start of the year was a prime example.
I read as far as Kypreos knows nothing....and i said..."yup, good post".

Old
05-26-2012, 01:14 PM
LightningStrikes
Forgot About Drej

As shown in the past Kypreos isn't exactly the most reliable source out there when it comes to the Lightning.

Regardless I'll take a direct quote of Yzerman stating he won't be shopping Lecavalier over Kypper allegedly claiming otherwise.

Last edited by LightningStrikes: 05-26-2012 at 01:19 PM.
LightningStrikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 01:33 PM
therealkoho
Gary says it's A-OK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still All In View Post

no you're absolutely right and why would he, he doesn't know any current players, GM's, assistant GM's, coaches, assistant coaches, scouts, trainers, athletic therapists or any people who perhaps even watch hockey whether it be pro or amateur, never goes out for pops with Dudley or Loiselle who if rumours are correct have never even been to Florida

Malone at the start of the year was a good example I suppose, he didn't appear at all in any of the widely reported rumours, not even once and they did not continue right up to the trade deadline

therealkoho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 01:52 PM
LightningStrikes
Forgot About Drej

During Stammergeddon Kypreos claimed the Lightning and Stamkos were not close to getting a deal done. We all know how that story ended.

That alone should be reason enough for Lightning fans (or hockey fans in general) to take everything he says with a grain of salt. He's a journalist after all.

In this case, unless you provide a link we don't even know if he in fact said it.

LightningStrikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 04:22 PM
stryfe604

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningStrikes View Post
During Stammergeddon Kypreos claimed the Lightning and Stamkos were not close to getting a deal done. We all know how that story ended.

That alone should be reason enough for Lightning fans (or hockey fans in general) to take everything he says with a grain of salt. He's a journalist after all.

In this case, unless you provide a link we don't even know if he in fact said it.
DING DING DING DING. Get this man a prize.

Put aside the fact the he hasn't been right about anything in my recent memory, you can't prove that he even stated the fact. Like I said before, do you think out of the thousands of die hard hockey fans here on HF that you are the only one to hear this statement? Like I also said before this would blow up all over the threads if he in fact did say something this idiotic.

People like Kypper and Eklund are the equivalent to Fox News but for Hockey Insider Reports.

Old
05-26-2012, 04:59 PM
Still All In
Plz stop pucks

Quote:
no you're absolutely right and why would he, he doesn't know any current players, GM's, assistant GM's, coaches, assistant coaches, scouts, trainers, athletic therapists or any people who perhaps even watch hockey whether it be pro or amateur, never goes out for pops with Dudley or Loiselle who if rumours are correct have never even been to Florida

Malone at the start of the year was a good example I suppose, he didn't appear at all in any of the widely reported rumours, not even once and they did not continue right up to the trade deadline
You can try to be a sarcastic **** all you want but everything he has ever said about the franchise has ended up playing out, generally, in the exact opposite manner from which he claimed, just like his "Malone is done until after Christmas, maybe longer" stuff just before training camp.

Still All In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 06:26 PM
stryfe604

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Ian-E...ense/164/44618

And the source of the Vinny for Lou talk that popped up solved. Not found by Kypper but on the home of Eklund, Hockeybuzz.

That's how you state a source. And in this situation I use the term source very loosely.

Old
05-26-2012, 08:25 PM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
LMAO@ Leafs fans not taking this deal. Vinny is a beast. His point totally kick up in the playoffs and he stays healthy.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 08:27 PM
TheSilencer

We're talking about Vinny here, not Scott Gomez. Even though Vinny has a long contract, he's far from being a salary dump.

TheSilencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 08:43 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Highway robbery , Leafs make out like bandits. Komi is a negative and Connolly is almost even but maybe the 4th would entice Stevie Y enough

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 10:30 PM
wreckingcru

hi

This is a whole lotta cap. As much as I want this, I doubt TBL would trade Vinny for salary. If they trade him, it will be for prospects or a #1 goalie.

wreckingcru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 06:19 AM
therealkoho
Gary says it's A-OK

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningStrikes View Post

and there was a time early in the negotiation that they weren't close, he didn't at any point that I know of say they wouldn't get a deal done

and that my friend is a huge difference

and for the record the Leafs are not interested in Vincent Lecavalier and apparently Vincent Lecavalier has no interest in leaving Tampa

Stevie Y has come out and said he is no longer/not interested in Luongo(and not interested in shopping Lacavalier "around"........hmmm wonder why he said that?) and Gillis has said he has no interest in acquiring a huge contract in return.............what would that say to any of you, consider the 2 principles involved and who they are and how many "huge" contracts do the Lightning have currently

could some one name those contracts? oh and provide links please because I'm sure there are people somewhere in the universe who don't know

Last edited by therealkoho: 05-27-2012 at 06:29 AM.
therealkoho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 09:50 AM
PoundCake
Go Bolts!

Quote:
Stevie Y has come out and said he is no longer/not interested in Luongo(and not interested in shopping Lacavalier "around"........hmmm wonder why he said that?)
Because he has no intentions of trying to trade Vinny? I'm not sure how else you can read that statement.

Quote:
and Gillis has said he has no interest in acquiring a huge contract in return.............what would that say to any of you
Where has Gillis said that?

Quote:
consider the 2 principles involved and who they are and how many "huge" contracts do the Lightning have currently

could some one name those contracts? oh and provide links please because I'm sure there are people somewhere in the universe who don't know
You're the one who brought up the Lightning's huge contracts, you should be the one to go find the info.

PoundCake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 10:06 AM
ThunderRoad

Quote:
and there was a time early in the negotiation that they weren't close, he didn't at any point that I know of say they wouldn't get a deal done

and that my friend is a huge difference

and for the record the Leafs are not interested in Vincent Lecavalier and apparently Vincent Lecavalier has no interest in leaving Tampa

Stevie Y has come out and said he is no longer/not interested in Luongo(and not interested in shopping Lacavalier "around"........hmmm wonder why he said that?) and Gillis has said he has no interest in acquiring a huge contract in return.............what would that say to any of you, consider the 2 principles involved and who they are and how many "huge" contracts do the Lightning have currently

That's just the thing wrong with this whole conjecture - Yzerman hasn't mentioned Vinny's name at all recently. When Yzerman said he would not be trading Vinny (and that Vinny was a part of the team's core and future going forward), it was when he first became GM of the team.

So there is no "link" between Luongo and Lecavalier, other than what writers/reporters are making.

That is not Yzerman.

Yzerman is not interested in Luongo's contract as he has said (and to be factual, he had no point said he ever was). He has NEVER said anything about Vinny in any discussion about Luongo.

ThunderRoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 10:13 AM
RogerRoeper*

Why would Burke ever want that terrible contract of Vinny's.

RogerRoeper* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 10:21 AM
wreckingcru

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerRoeper View Post
Why would Burke ever want that terrible contract of Vinny's.
It would certainly create a stop-gap. Think about it, if we draft Galenchyuk let's not rush him into the NHL, give him time to develop. Vinny fits perfectly. He can play for another couple years as our #1 Center, and then once he retires, we bring up a fully-developed and all-star in Alex.

wreckingcru is offline   Reply With Quote