HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

You Guys Still Hate Detroit Right?

Old
05-25-2012, 05:30 PM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Jones View Post
The rangers have a lot of enemies.
And rightfully so, I hate every NY based franchise (especially Jets and Yanks) with the exception of the Islanders because of Billy Smith, Bossy, Potvin and Trottier.

Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-25-2012, 11:58 PM
Elever
Hth

vCash: 500
I don't hate the Detroit team atm. I didn't like them when Bowman was the coach with all the **** they'd pull and get away with plus they had some dbag players over the yrs like McCarty. They've changed now and are quite respectable...okay they employ Bertuzzi but guy can play at least.

The only thing I hate about them is why they call themselves hockeytown lol. I lived in Windsor and would go to Detroit all the time (across the border), hockey might be popular in parts of Michigan but certainly not Detroit.

EDIT: Oh I'd vote for Tavares btw out of those four, favourite player to watch from that group. But I'm not gonna bother much with NHL 13, doubt the ai changes do anything, probably gonna stick to the modded NHL 2004.

Elever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 12:14 AM
TTOMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWantSakicAsMyGM View Post
My biggest issue with the Canucks is the fans. Anyone who can defend Bertuzzi and blame Moore for the incident doesn't deserve to watch their team have any success.
I can't say I blame Avs fans if they hate us. Back when that incident happened, I think a lot of Canucks fans were just lying to themselves, trying to justify it and hoping Bertuzzi wouldn't get suspended for long because we needed him in the lineup for the playoffs (Not that he was close to as good as he was the season before.). But, I mean, as Bertuzzi said, 'it is what it is', and what it was was not pretty. It hasn't gotten any less cringe-inducing to watch it over the years. Bertuzzi got very lucky that he only missed the playoffs. Canucks fans who still think Moore deserved it are screwed. Moore's hit would probably be suspendable today, but I've seen much worse. Duncan Keith on Daniel Sedin was much worse.

TTOMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 01:39 PM
Golden Foppa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynthesis View Post
Those of us that were actually old enough to appreciate the rivalry while it was happening, will hate the Dead Wings for the rest of our life. Everyone I know here in Denver who is a die hard Avs fan feels the same way.
This!

Golden Foppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 02:36 PM
Adama0905

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzai12 View Post
I have a lot of friends from Detroit that get riled up for the rivalry all of the time. They're usually more fanatic about it that I am.

I think it just breeds from all the people in Denver that have moved here from Detroit. As I always say to them - if Detroit is that freaking great...then move back. That usually shuts them up.
Meh, guess you just know different people from Detroit than me. Most that I hear/know will laugh a little when they hear about the Avs as if to get ready for any sort of hate thrown towards them, but don't really care in the grand scheme of things. Why would they hate us? We haven't been good for years and they more or less lay the beat down on us every time we go against them - including the playoff series where they more or less pissed on us for four games.

I just don't understand it. Yupp, I hated the Wings as much as anybody back in the good ol' days when the two teams beat the crap out of each other. They were dirty and cheap and ew. But nowadays the only reason to actually hate them whatsoever (and I'm not sure why you would hate all the players on a team just because their GM brought in a player...) is Bertuzzi.

And that's yet another never-gonna-let-go-of-the-past thing. Do I think he should probably not be in the game anymore? Yeah, probably. But come on, you've done stupid crap that you probably shouldn't have done in the heat of the moment. So did he. I'm not one for believing that one incident in anybody's life should declare them a bad person for life. But maybe that's just me. Maybe I'm just a forgiving person.

Adama0905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 04:21 PM
cgf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
And rightfully so, I hate every NY based franchise (especially Jets and Yanks) with the exception of the Islanders because of Billy Smith, Bossy, Potvin and Trottier.
What's wrong with the Giants? The Mara's are some of the best owners in sports, Reece and Ross run a great organization, they have talented players and fun too watch players, and Eli is just awesome-ness.

cgf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 04:37 PM
JWK
Report Spam @JWK Plz

vCash: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgf View Post
What's wrong with the Giants? The Mara's are some of the best owners in sports, Reece and Ross run a great organization, they have talented players and fun too watch players, and Eli is just awesome-ness.
I believe Ivan is a Patriots fan. I would hate a team that beat my team in the SB twice too.

JWK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 06:04 PM
Drizzt1

I RESPECT Detroit. They transitioned MUCH better to the salary cap era than us. They continue to be consistent, and they continue to contend (unlike us). They have a much, MUCH better coach than us. Their ownership is willing to invest (different to us). Their roster is full of proven winners (we have a lot of "potential" according to people).

People say Colorado and Detroit have a rivalry. I'm sorry, but that died off when Colorado slid into mediocrity. A "rivalry" is when two similar classed teams face off against each other.

Frankly, Colorado isn't the shadow of Detroit any more both on and off the ice.

Now their GM has come out and have said they are making a play at both Suter and Parise !! All I know, is if Detroit and Colorado came knocking at my door as a player, I know who's career I'd put my hands in first.

Detroit is a heavyweight team, and contender.
Colorado is a bottom tier team, and a survivor.

Drizzt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 07:27 PM
Helton4Hall
Internet Charlatan

vCash: 69
Quote:
I hate the giants like nothing other than the redskins and eagles.

Helton4Hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 07:58 PM
Pirate Deadpool
Sacco must go

vCash: 130
I can't vote for JT because of all of the douchey islander fans always putting down Dutch.

Pirate Deadpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 08:15 PM
Skogger
Still Believe

Skogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 10:18 PM
CalderKing21
Darth Calder

vCash: 531
i liken the Red Wings to Satan, but at least Lucifer was at one point good.

CalderKing21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 10:25 PM
Frenchy
Global Moderator

vCash: 3375
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drizzt1 View Post
I RESPECT Detroit. They transitioned MUCH better to the salary cap era than us. They continue to be consistent, and they continue to contend (unlike us). They have a much, MUCH better coach than us. Their ownership is willing to invest (different to us). Their roster is full of proven winners (we have a lot of "potential" according to people).

People say Colorado and Detroit have a rivalry. I'm sorry, but that died off when Colorado slid into mediocrity. A "rivalry" is when two similar classed teams face off against each other.

Frankly, Colorado isn't the shadow of Detroit any more both on and off the ice.

Now their GM has come out and have said they are making a play at both Suter and Parise !! All I know, is if Detroit and Colorado came knocking at my door as a player, I know who's career I'd put my hands in first.

Detroit is a heavyweight team, and contender.
Colorado is a bottom tier team, and a survivor.

Good comment , very constructive

Frenchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 05:21 AM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

vCash: 50
Quote:
They're a franchise based in New York, that's pretty much enough for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWK View Post
I believe Ivan is a Patriots fan. I would hate a team that beat my team in the SB twice too.
I am, but I hated them long before 2008. I actually hate them less today than before because of David Diehl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Jones View Post
I hate the giants like nothing other than the redskins and eagles.
'Boys fan?

Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 08:26 AM
croAVSfan*

Still hate Red Wings...Canucks not so much since Bertuzzi left...

Last edited by Frenchy: 05-27-2012 at 06:03 PM. Reason: dont change the names like you did, ty
croAVSfan* is offline   Reply With Quote