Just going with prospect depth, someone who's wife is from Long Island coming back during the homestretch of his career, and one optimistic addition at first-line center if we have a bad season in 08-09.
actually impressed that about half my list wasn't too brutal, and called a couple of the slots of some of our prospects pretty accurately (McBain, Sutter).
looking another 5 years now: (using just what's in the system and who I think our first will be this year)
Jeff Skinner - Eric Staal - Teuvo Teravainen
Jeremy Welsh - Victor Rask - Zac Dalpe
Jiri Tlusty - Brandon Sutter - Drayson Bowman
AJ Jenks - Riley Nash - Brodie Sutter
Brett Sutter, Gregory Hofmann
Justin Faulk - Brian Dumoulin
Joni Pitkanen - Ryan Murphy
Jamie McBain - Tim Gleason
Austin Levi, Keegan Lowe, Danny Biega
Here's my shot at this, with the players ranked in each grouping on how likely it is that they're still in Boston in 5 years.
Will be there unless something drastic happens
1. Bergeron (only injuries can take him away from Boston)
2. Chara (whether he's still top notch in 5 years or not, that contract will make him stay)
3. Seguin (the franchise player in Boston, unless he suffers an unlikely setback)
4. Lucic (fan favourite, rare skill set)
5. Rask (if he's still a Bruin after this offseason, he's here to stay)
Probably will be there
1. Hamilton (potential to move up or down depending on how he performs)
2. Seidenberg (has found his niche in Boston)
3. Marchand (found his niche, unless he pulls something to make Boston sour on him)
1. Peverley (not a top tier player, but his versatility and contract might make him stick)
2. Boychuk (see Peverley, plus he's a true "Bruin")
3. Krejci (expect him to get traded to let Seguin transition to center at some point)
4. Horton (injury history makes him a question mark)
The rest is pretty much a complete crapshoot, I'd say. Boston doesn't have any surefire prospects outside of Hamilton, and the rest of the players are too interchangeable to predict whether they'll be there in 5 years or not.
If Kelly resigns, I'd put him at #3 on the "Maybe" list, for the same reasons as Peverley and Boychuk.
Seabrook - Keith
Barker - Campbell
Hendry - Hjalmarsson Lalonde
I chose not to include any free agents. Chicago have a lot of prospects at forward so i just basically chose the ones i thought have the best potential to make the NHL. However i'm sure that different Hawks fans will have different opinions on which prospects will be on the team.
The bolded are still with the team and the players in italics are still in the system. Overall, without being able to see the UFA signings.. not bad. Only question, what happened to Sharp along the way?
(ufa) = possible free agent spot or through a trade
hm! Adam Polasek, Patrick McNally, Eddie Lack,
Most of our regulars will run out of contract by that time; so i just decided to keep the core untill then. Next, I only added prospects that has a contract already b.c idk what'll happen to those without it in 5yrs.
I have No clue which of our prospects will remain for our 4th line role. <-- help me out here