HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Elbow pads.

Old
05-27-2012, 03:58 PM
Old Man Barking

vCash: 500
Elbow pads.

Hey all,

How can I tell which elbow each elbow pad goes on? neither of them have a "R" or "L" and straps latch down on both sides.

Thanks!

Old Man Barking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 04:46 PM
kr580

Send a message via AIM to kr580
There should be a big flap on each that would wrap around your forearm. Those flaps should start on the outside of your arm and wrap to the inside. This is to give you a solid wall on the outside to protect against slashes and such.

Look at the elbow pad on the right only. The the side to the right (N in EASTON) should be on outside and the side to the left (E in EASTON) should be on the inside. You can tell this pad belongs on the LEFT arm since the protected side is on the left.

kr580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 04:47 PM
Old Man Barking

Quote:
Originally Posted by kr580 View Post
There should be a big flap on each that would wrap around your forearm. Those flaps should start on the outside of your arm and wrap to the inside. This is to give you a solid wall on the outside to protect against slashes and such.

Look at the elbow pad on the right only. The the side to the right (N in EASTON) should be on outside and the side to the left (E in EASTON) should be on the inside. You can tell this pad belongs on the LEFT arm since the protected side is on the left.
Thank you very much - that's how I've been wearing them! Perfect. I just wanted to double check!

Old
05-27-2012, 04:53 PM
kr580

Send a message via AIM to kr580
No problem. I still have to take a good look at my elbow pads to make sure I'm putting them on the right way, haha.

kr580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 05:06 PM
Old Man Barking

Quote:
Originally Posted by kr580 View Post
No problem. I still have to take a good look at my elbow pads to make sure I'm putting them on the right way, haha.
Exactly! I had the same ones for years, they were simple, old, beat up. I knew them. I got these new, fancy ones and it's just insane to me, haha.

Glad my instincts were right though.