Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Germany

Season 11/12

Old
04-06-2012, 01:50 PM
Purple hippo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zecke26 View Post
well yes, they didn't meet requirements. but even if, they would have been denied because of no other team dropping out. welcome to german hockey.
Ahh ok, so I didnt read those articles wrong and what the hell, so basically for the Champion its "apply, pass....ohh sorry, nobody is leaving, try again next year, maybe then you can join us"

Pretty much, the league will never grow above 14 again unless the people in charge randomly decide they want it to happen? Lame.

Purple hippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-06-2012, 02:12 PM
zecke26

Quote:
Originally Posted by SvenskaRiga View Post
Ahh ok, so I didnt read those articles wrong and what the hell, so basically for the Champion its "apply, pass....ohh sorry, nobody is leaving, try again next year, maybe then you can join us"
exactly!

Quote:
Pretty much, the league will never grow above 14 again unless the people in charge randomly decide they want it to happen? Lame.
there's no desire to grow. some in the league would prefer to make the league even smaller. i remember times when some thought about 10 teams to have a better schedule.

the problem with the DEL is that there's no "league". they have no one to decide things and no one who takes care of the growth of the league. all teams are equal and of course each team has a different interest. and of course the small market teams don't want relegation because they would likely be first while teams like berlin would support relegation because they are too good and too rich to ever get relegated.
and all those different interests keep the league from ever developing. there's really no progress. no new ideas how to make the league bigger. it's the just business as usual. but that's a general problem in german. the federation has nothing to say anymore. so every league is doing their own stuff and it just gets worse from top to bottom.

this is why german fans often sound bitter when talking about german hockey.

zecke26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2012, 03:04 PM
sturmthis
@Zen_44

Adler Mannheim will meet Eisbären Berlin in the DEL finals. Game 1 will be on Sunday in Berlin . Both teams have 5 DEL Championships.

sturmthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-13-2012, 04:44 PM
sturmthis
@Zen_44

Hannover will play in the DEL next season.

Aufatmen in Hannover

Old
04-20-2012, 05:14 PM
Schalkenullvier*

seriously, you get 5 and a game in the DEL for a high stick that drew blood? Geez.

Schalkenullvier* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 03:29 PM
Maverick41

Eisbären Berlin are DEL Champions again.

I really loved the whole finals series. 2 great teams playing at the same level.
This could have gone either way.

Maverick41 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-24-2012, 05:01 PM
sturmthis
@Zen_44

Game 4 was something else as a fan of Mannheim. Listening to that was terrible and listening to the third period today was even worse.

Congrats to Berlin though. They completely deserved the title. Zepp was huge for them.

Old
04-25-2012, 12:59 AM
Maverick41

Quote:
Originally Posted by sturmthis View Post
Game 4 was something else as a fan of Mannheim. Listening to that was terrible and listening to the third period today was even worse.

Congrats to Berlin though. They completely deserved the title. Zepp was huge for them.
As a fan of Berlin of course it was sort of the other way around. But no matter the outcome this was a great series with so many great stories.

- Sven Felski winning his sixth championship in his 1000th game for the Eisbären.
- The respect both teams and even the fans had for each other. Even the Eisbären Fans were chanting "Adler Mannheim" after the game, and not to mock them but out of respect. There was some great sportsmanship on both sides, something that I'd like to see more often.

Old
04-26-2012, 02:28 PM
sturmthis
@Zen_44

Just a small change for the 2012/13 season

The foreign limit will drop from 10 to 9.

http://www.sport1.de/de/eishockey/ei...ge_351819.html

Old
04-26-2012, 02:33 PM
sturmthis
@Zen_44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick41 View Post
As a fan of Berlin of course it was sort of the other way around. But no matter the outcome this was a great series with so many great stories.

- Sven Felski winning his sixth championship in his 1000th game for the Eisbären.
- The respect both teams and even the fans had for each other. Even the Eisbären Fans were chanting "Adler Mannheim" after the game, and not to mock them but out of respect. There was some great sportsmanship on both sides, something that I'd like to see more often.
The Berlin fans were really great and respectful to Mannheim and that is great. Both teams played great and game 4 was a special game (more so for Berlin fans haha) but still the series was great. Proud of the team for making it back to the finals and maybe next year will be the year to bring back the championship to Mannheim. Plus the accomplishment for Felski is truly remarkable.

Old
04-26-2012, 06:57 PM
GermanNuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by sturmthis View Post
Proud of the team for making it back to the finals and maybe next year will be the year to bring back the championship to Mannheim.
Nah, sorry, but next year the eagle will drown in the shark tank

GermanNuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2012, 09:28 PM
PietB
Random User

I'm still hoping the Freezers miraculously find some wheels next year. This year was a good start, proud to see some progress. Proud of the fans as well. I attended that gruesome, way-too-high 1-8 loss vs. Mannheim. Won't forget that atmosphere, despite the loss, any time soon.
Köln's my no. 2 pick, wouldn't mind them finding some success as well.

As for these years playoffs, congratulations to Berlin and especially Felski.

PietB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2012, 12:58 AM
sturmthis
@Zen_44

Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanNuck View Post
Nah, sorry, but next year the eagle will drown in the shark tank
Hey, I have to respect a team with this sort of Captain.

DEL: Haie-Kapitän übergibt fast € 18.000,- ans Kölner Kinderkrankenhaus

Old
05-04-2012, 12:33 PM
BruceWayne

Nice to see Kotschnew back in the DEL.

BruceWayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-07-2012, 09:48 PM
Purple hippo

Could you guys help me out again please?
http://www.abendzeitung-muenchen.de/...5b7e2d826.html

What I gather is that München is no dead (they wont relegate, they have to start all over again?) and the sale of their licence to Schwenningen is all but signed?

Thanks for the help in advance.

Old
05-08-2012, 06:58 AM
PietB
Random User

Quote:
Could you guys help me out again please?
http://www.abendzeitung-muenchen.de/...5b7e2d826.html

What I gather is that München is no dead (they wont relegate, they have to start all over again?) and the sale of their licence to Schwenningen is all but signed?

Thanks for the help in advance.
München tried to get sponsoring from the municipal works, but didn't get it due to some political reasons. They won't be starting over, there won't be any professional hockey franchise in München any more for now.
You're right about the license - it's almost in Schwenningens hands.

Old
05-14-2012, 10:36 PM
Purple hippo

Thanks PietB.

This München/SERC 04 story has to end soon right, 24.May applications for licence must be in correct? I would assume if München cant get money by the weekend, they sell it off next week.

I also assume Düsseldorf is safe for another year? I havent heard anything about them for some time now.

Old
05-20-2012, 09:58 AM
Maverick41

Quote:
Thanks PietB.

This München/SERC 04 story has to end soon right, 24.May applications for licence must be in correct? I would assume if München cant get money by the weekend, they sell it off next week.

I also assume Düsseldorf is safe for another year? I havent heard anything about them for some time now.
Story is over. The DEL franchise stays in Munich. Red Bull will be the new sponsor for the team for the coming season. The name will be changed to EHC Red Bull München.

This deal only covers the 12/13 Season. Whether or not Red Bull will continue this project beyond that is unknown. But at least for one more season there will be DEL hockey in Munich.

As far as Düsseldorf is concerned I have also not heard anything new, but it sure seems like they will remain in the DEL, as they continue to get the roster for next season together. They have lost many players and are currently signing a lot of young players to replace them.

Old
05-20-2012, 01:16 PM
PietB
Random User

Quote:
Story is over. The DEL franchise stays in Munich. Red Bull will be the new sponsor for the team for the coming season. The name will be changed to EHC Red Bull München.

This deal only covers the 12/13 Season. Whether or not Red Bull will continue this project beyond that is unknown. But at least for one more season there will be DEL hockey in Munich.

As far as Düsseldorf is concerned I have also not heard anything new, but it sure seems like they will remain in the DEL, as they continue to get the roster for next season together. They have lost many players and are currently signing a lot of young players to replace them.
This comes as a big surprise. Last thing I read about them wasn't very promising...

Old
05-27-2012, 04:48 PM
ahump90

Im moving to Heidelberg next year. Would Mannheim be the closest hockey for me to watch?

ahump90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 02:29 AM
Maverick41

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahump90 View Post
Im moving to Heidelberg next year. Would Mannheim be the closest hockey for me to watch?
Yes, there may be some lower tirer hockey team that might be closer, but Mannheim should definitely be your first choice. It's really not far 14-15 km, I think.

Old
06-03-2012, 01:40 PM
ahump90

Quote:
Yes, there may be some lower tirer hockey team that might be closer, but Mannheim should definitely be your first choice. It's really not far 14-15 km, I think.
Danke

ahump90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-04-2012, 04:42 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Kölner Haie will play in Chelyabinsk at pre-season tourney (15-19.8. 2012). Why? It is a long distance to travel for 4 games or so.
KHL clubs Traktor Chelyabinsk, Avangard Omsk region, Metallurg Magnitogorsk and Neftekhimik Nizhnekamsk wil play here as well.

vorky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 02:41 AM
Salzig
I am laudable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
Kölner Haie will play in Chelyabinsk at pre-season tourney (15-19.8. 2012). Why? It is a long distance to travel for 4 games or so.
KHL clubs Traktor Chelyabinsk, Avangard Omsk region, Metallurg Magnitogorsk and Neftekhimik Nizhnekamsk wil play here as well.
As stupid as it sounds, why not?

It's a great opportunity to test your players against some of the best teams in Europe. Additionally it's also a great way to motivate your players. Exhibition games against German teams are pretty boring, while playing in Russia seems to be a highlight in the off-season.

Salzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-12-2012, 02:49 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salzig View Post
As stupid as it sounds, why not?

It's a great opportunity to test your players against some of the best teams in Europe. Additionally it's also a great way to motivate your players. Exhibition games against German teams are pretty boring, while playing in Russia seems to be a highlight in the off-season.
I see you. I though about long travel distance to Ural city. If tourney take place somwhere in Switzerland or so, then ok.

Another point, does Kölner Haie have good relationship with KHL clubs? As I know, club does not play European Trophy, why?

There was rumour about 3 german clubs wanting to join KHL in last year. It was said by vicepresident KHL. Is Kölner Haie one of them? Maybe it is answer for my previous Q about relationship... hmm?

vorky is offline   Reply With Quote