HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who will you root for in the SCF?

Old
05-26-2012, 12:59 PM
Gwyddbwyll

vCash: 500
No. After reading some of the main boards, the trash Kings fans are spewing.. they lost my respect. Very disappointing behaviour, I guess its mostly little kids posting. There should be natural solidarity between sunbelt fans. Despite the Coyotes resurgance, they won the series fairly comfortably, there's no need for that crap afterwards.

Gwyddbwyll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 01:58 PM
AZcoyotes
So... Now what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwyddbwyll View Post
No. After reading some of the main boards, the trash Kings fans are spewing.. they lost my respect. Very disappointing behaviour, I guess its mostly little kids posting. There should be natural solidarity between sunbelt fans. Despite the Coyotes resurgance, they won the series fairly comfortably, there's no need for that crap afterwards.
The Kings fans are the cockiest people I've even encountered.

AZcoyotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 03:10 PM
Colt45Blast
is in your head

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhXcoyotes View Post
The Kings fans are the cockiest people I've even encountered.
Like I said before, you have fans of any kind no matter the team or sport. If anything, my experence with Kings Fans overall has been much better compared to some of the others. It should be very obivous who we don't really get along with all that much when you look back before we faced the Kings in the Conference Finals.

As far as Dustin Brown is concerned:

Nobody ever likes a dirty player when they are on the opposing team but when they are on your team its a different story. At best a few of the fans will complain about something stupid such a player or any player for that matter will do to another player on another team.

I have seen a few posters here in the past get disgusted at the dirty hits Torres has done before signing with the Yotes, especially with Vancouver and his hit on Keith. Now that he is playing with us, he has been welcomed in with open arms and is viewed by many here the same way Brown has been viewed by many Kings Fans.

Look at it this way. Shane Doan is not well liked by many Kings Fans, if Doan signed with LA for one reason or another, you don't think for one moment Doan won't be welcomed in with open arms by the majority in the Kings Fanbase? Hell, there are not alot of Nashville Fans who like Doan during the playoffs but it appears that many of them would have no problem with him in their team.

Last edited by Colt45Blast: 05-26-2012 at 03:46 PM.
Colt45Blast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 03:26 PM
PhoPhan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
As far as Dustin Brown is concerned:

Nobody ever likes a dirty player when they are on the opposing team but when they are on your team its a different story. At best a few of the fans will complain about something stupid such a player or any player for that matter will do to another player on another team.

I have seen a few posters here in the past get disgusted at the dirty hits Torres has done before signing with the Yotes, especially with Vancouver and his hit on Keith.

Look at it this way. Shane Doan is not well liked by many Kings Fans, if Doan signed with LA for one reason or another, you don't think for one moment Doan won't be welcomed in with open arms by the majority in the Kings Fanbase? Hell, there are not alot of Nashville Fans who like Doan during the playoffs but it appears that many of them would have no problem with him in their team.
I've seen a few comments like this, and I have to disagree. Not everyone is okay with the mental gymnastics it takes to justify this kind of thing. Some of us try to view things as objectively as we can.

PhoPhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 03:33 PM
Colt45Blast
is in your head

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoPhan View Post
I've seen a few comments like this, and I have to disagree. Not everyone is okay with the mental gymnastics it takes to justify this kind of thing. Some of us try to view things as objectively as we can.
I do the same as well and I would by lying if I didn't say I didn't want Dustin Brown playing for us. When Brown isn't acting like a jackass, he is a very effective player and the same can be said about Torres as well. The more I look at what Brown has done in the playoffs with what Torres has done they both played pretty much the same except less diving by Torres and Torres got suspended after sending a player off to the hospital on a streacher.

Old
05-26-2012, 06:47 PM
Redcoyote
Hungry

I never had a problem with torres before or after he signed with phx. i really dont think most of his hits have been dirty.

as far as brown goes...i dont think the klesla hit was dirty andhe answered the bell for it. i wasnt happy with the rozy hit but when i thought about i would say what was the big deal if it was a coyote hitting a king player instead of the reverse.

what i hate about brown is his smarmy little grin and his pathetic playoff beard.

Redcoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 07:35 PM
PHX FireBirds18

Torres answers the bell for his cheap shots something that Brown did for his hit on Klesla but I wouldn't expect it out of him much. I just can't past the diving. That kind of scummy play made our players start to embellish just to keep up. It poisons the game at it's highest level and teaches young players to turn their back to the play. See the Lewis and Brown majors. Parise is a hockey player that plays the right way so I will be rooting for him and Devils.

PHX FireBirds18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 07:36 PM
AZviaNJ
@AZviaNJviaNY

Devils......easy one for me. I'd cheer for Kings against the Rangers, glad that's not match-up.

AZviaNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 10:28 AM
MK9

After the way the Kings won, hands down Devils. On one hand, I'd like to see a 4 game sweep / beatdown. But, after the encounters I've had with their [Kings] fans and several people rooting for them, I'd like to see the pain in a game 7 loss.

MK9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 11:52 AM
OttawaRoughRiderFan
Make It 30!!!!

Kings are 60% Canadian. Devils are 30% Makes my decision easy. GO KINGS GO!!!!

OttawaRoughRiderFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 02:29 PM
AZcoyotes
So... Now what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevyD View Post
Kings are 60% Canadian. Devils are 30% Makes my decision easy. GO KINGS GO!!!!
Whats with fans of other teams coming in here all the time?

Old
05-27-2012, 02:42 PM
Magnifique

vCash: 50
Not a chance in hell I will support the Kings. I don't really care for the Devils either. I guess I'll just hope for the Devils to win and beat the **** out of Brown.

Magnifique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 02:45 PM
Colt45Blast
is in your head

Quote:
For the same reason why other fans from other teams head to other team boards; People can post anywhere they want as long as it is in the rules. Also, would you have made this response if he/she was cheering for the Devils instead?

I think it is clear that after seeing the responses from hockey fans, unless you live New Jersey or a Ducks Fan in Anaheim, most fans are picking the Kings and a common reason is that this is a team that never won a cup and would like a team win a cup for the 1st ever time. I'm not saying everyone who lives in Jersey or Anaheim or a Ducks Fan is picking the Devils to win it all but it should be obvious who is picking who and for such reasons.

Old
05-27-2012, 02:52 PM
AZcoyotes
So... Now what?

Quote:
For the same reason why other fans from other teams head to other team boards; People can post anywhere they want as long as it is in the rules. Also, would you have made this response if he/she was cheering for the Devils instead?

I think it is clear that after seeing the responses from hockey fans, unless you live New Jersey or a Ducks Fan in Anaheim, most fans are picking the Kings and a common reason is that this is a team that never won a cup and would like a team win a cup for the 1st ever time. I'm not saying everyone who lives in Jersey or Anaheim or a Ducks Fan is picking the Devils to win it all but it should be obvious who is picking who and for such reasons.
This is a Coyotes board, and a thread asking Coyotes fans what they think. I'm sure his Penguins board has a place he can post his thoughts too. Plus, it's a slight form of trolling to come into a board where 95% of us are cheering for the Devils and say "GO KINGS GO!". I'm sure nobody is going into the Rangers board saying "GO DEVILS!"

Old
05-27-2012, 03:05 PM
Colt45Blast
is in your head

Quote:
This is a Coyotes board, and a thread asking Coyotes fans what they think. I'm sure his Penguins board has a place he can post his thoughts too. Plus, it's a slight form of trolling to come into a board where 95% of us are cheering for the Devils and say "GO KINGS GO!". I'm sure nobody is going into the Rangers board saying "GO DEVILS!"
If it were a Rangers vs Devils and someone cheered for the Devils in the Rangers board then yea, you would have a point.

Old
05-27-2012, 03:07 PM
awfulwaffle

Quote:
I do the same as well and I would by lying if I didn't say I didn't want Dustin Brown playing for us. When Brown isn't acting like a jackass, he is a very effective player and the same can be said about Torres as well. The more I look at what Brown has done in the playoffs with what Torres has done they both played pretty much the same except less diving by Torres and Torres got suspended after sending a player off to the hospital on a streacher.
Torres, yes, is an extremely effective hockey player. People only look at his questionable hits, but in reality, he is a very very good hockey player. He brings a different level of intensity to the Coyotes that wasn't there, and we missed it, and we saw that in the series against the Kings.

Not only that, but he was effective on the Power Play, and effective in general on this team. I love the guy, and loved the signing when we got him. It's unfortunate what happened, but hopefully next year, he is back and the hammer doesn't come down on him like it did.

My complain is the league cracked down on him, yet similiar hits weren't even looked at(Ovi on Rangers player). It's a joke of a system, and needs to be brought up in the negotiations for the next CBA.

awfulwaffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 03:07 PM
doaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yotes Persevere View Post
Not a chance in hell I will support the Kings. I don't really care for the Devils either. I guess I'll just hope for the Devils to win and beat the **** out of Brown.
I'm down with that!

doaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 03:14 PM
Magnifique

vCash: 50
Quote:

How in the world is that "clear"? There are new fans for both teams from all over. Look at the board you are posting in, how many people are cheering for the Kings? Maybe five.

Magnifique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 04:02 PM
Colt45Blast
is in your head

Fans that post at HFBoards doesn't represent what all fans of any NHL teams thinks, especially since there are hockey fans that have never posted at HF let alone know that such a website exists. Phoenix has a very large transplant population and many of those transplants are not Coyotes Fans and they are not going to decide who to pick in the finals(if they choose to do so) simply because what the majority of the Coyotes Fans pick.

I know that there is this idea going around saying that any Coyotes Fan who picks the Kings is foolish but it is what it is. The only way I could pick NJ in the final is if the WCF is just a brutal as the Colorado vs Detroit games(or worse) of the past and if Dustin Brown was excatly Claude Lemuix or worse.

Old
05-27-2012, 04:51 PM
AZviaNJ
@AZviaNJviaNY

Quote:
Easy on Kevy. He's battled Coyote fans for years, but always fair in doing so, to the point where he was cheering for the Yotes in the playoffs this year (I think)

AZviaNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 10:00 PM
DirtDogMesa
STH Sec 208 Row A

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZviaNJ View Post
Devils......easy one for me. I'd cheer for Kings against the Rangers, glad that's not match-up.
I aggree, my feelings exactly. Like NJ type of play and some of their players. I hope Brodeur has a great series. Go Devils

DirtDogMesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 10:06 AM
mitch27

I don't mind NJ. And also, I'd puke if I saw Brown raising the cup.

mitch27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 06:59 PM
Flying Chalupa

I'll root for anyone but the kings....at this point I'm so pissed I might have even rooted for the red wings (if they were in the east) vs kings...

you DO NOT root for a team that just eliminated your team. there is no divisional/geographic solidarity. **** that ****!

Flying Chalupa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 07:19 PM
Mossy

You should change your name to flying chipchura.

Mossy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 08:26 PM
albertabound

i don't care if Kings were 98% canadians I still wouldn't waste my voice cheering for them, come on Devils canada will thank you!!!

albertabound is offline   Reply With Quote