HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Notices

So who are you rooting for now? Devils or Kings?

View Poll Results: Who are you rooting for now, if either team?
I am rooting for the Kings. 100 63.29%
I am rooting for the Devils. 34 21.52%
I do not care either way. 18 11.39%
Huh? They are still playing hockey? 6 3.80%
Voters: 158. You may not vote on this poll

Old
05-27-2012, 01:15 AM
Dylonus

vCash: 500
Honestly, I was rooting for whoever won the Canucks / Kings series. I wanted one of those two teams out of the West.

**** the trap. Go Kings

Dylonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 02:41 AM
Honour Over Glory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogrezilla View Post
in a Devils jersey. Yuck
I bet Devils fans said the same about Guerin in a Pens jersey, but you know what...I hate a lot less of the Devils players than I do the Kings players.

Win it for Marty B.

Honour Over Glory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 05:45 AM
Uncle Jorgi

Kings. I really like both teams, so i wouldn't be upset either way, but i love the way the Kings play, and Kopitar is just the man right now.

Uncle Jorgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 06:42 AM
trader997

My favorite non penguin player is Parize but NJ is a bigger rival than the Kings are to us. Also NJ has 3 cups already just like us so i can't root for them.

trader997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 10:31 AM
Darth Vitale
Transitional Period

Quote:
Originally Posted by bathroomSTAAL View Post
Whats a chav
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaylaJ View Post
Yeah, I'm confused too. What is wrong with the hat?

Plus for all the talk about the annoying fan base, I remember wanting to strangle Pens fans back in 08 & 09 myself.
I was being a smart-ass mostly (although I won't root for the Kings) but there were helpful links and background provided. Chav is a derogatory term for drunken, hooligan yoots in the UK who have illegitimate kids by the time they're 14. (Their girlfriends -who are often grandmothers by age 30- are known as chavettes.)

Richards is a punk and has a similar dresscode at times so I had to make his crimes known.

There's just no way I'm rooting for Richards, Carter and Penner. Plus someone once said Doughty is fat and I believe them.

I dislike the Devils as a rival but I like the character on their team and their coach better than I like the Kings or Sutter (who appears to be perpetually stoned / drunk based on speech patterns). Plus LA is the biggest bandwagon town in hockey potentially. The idea that they'd try to do a Winter Classic on Venice Beach (what one of their reporters was saying on NHL tonight the other day) is a laugh-and-half. If you can't see your breath, they shouldn't hold the Winter Classic there. The end. This isn't a gimmick; it's supposed to be building a tradition that harkens back the roots of the game, playing on open ice in the great white north.... EH! Least the league can do is never hold it in S California or Florida.

Last edited by Darth Vitale: 05-27-2012 at 10:37 AM.
Darth Vitale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 01:47 PM
Luigi Lemieux

LA. They've been in the league a long time and deserve a cup. Not to mention they have a lot of players i like. I will always root for the devils against ny or philly, but for the most part will root for non-atlantic over atlantic.

Luigi Lemieux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 02:52 PM
Mr. T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancellor Vitale View Post
I was being a smart-ass mostly (although I won't root for the Kings) but there were helpful links and background provided. Chav is a derogatory term for drunken, hooligan yoots in the UK who have illegitimate kids by the time they're 14. (Their girlfriends -who are often grandmothers by age 30- are known as chavettes.)

Richards is a punk and has a similar dresscode at times so I had to make his crimes known.

There's just no way I'm rooting for Richards, Carter and Penner. Plus someone once said Doughty is fat and I believe them.

I dislike the Devils as a rival but I like the character on their team and their coach better than I like the Kings or Sutter (who appears to be perpetually stoned / drunk based on speech patterns). Plus LA is the biggest bandwagon town in hockey potentially. The idea that they'd try to do a Winter Classic on Venice Beach (what one of their reporters was saying on NHL tonight the other day) is a laugh-and-half. If you can't see your breath, they shouldn't hold the Winter Classic there. The end. This isn't a gimmick; it's supposed to be building a tradition that harkens back the roots of the game, playing on open ice in the great white north.... EH! Least the league can do is never hold it in S California or Florida.
Settling into rigor mortis is more accurate. He might be the most boring man alive.

Mr. T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 02:54 PM
Darth Vitale
Transitional Period

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. T View Post
Settling into rigor mortis is more accurate. He might be the most boring man alive.
Yah that too. Not what I would call a "high energy" guy.

Darth Vitale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 03:16 PM
Jedi Pengu*

Rooting for the Devils but it hurts cause I truly believe without that Briere offside goal we would have rolled the East. Still very upset at the way this season went. NHL also has to fix the way the playoff seeding is. We finish 4th and get Philly. NJ finished 6th and got Florida??? Give me a break...........NHL has major issues heading into this offseason. Another lockout might actually help if this can be changed. Hockey was a lot better after the last lockout was it not. Solely because the refs called the new rules as they were intended. Now the new rules are just ignored. Pathetic and it really hurt Pittsburgh because we built a team full of mobile defensemen and speed/grit smaller fowards. It worked beautifully when the NHL followed their own rule book. But it'll kill us if the refs let all the obstruction go. I really REALLY don't want to go back to big hulking, untalented but hardworking players. BORING won't even come close to what could result. These playoffs are a good example.

Jedi Pengu* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 06:49 PM
KaylaJ
Tungsten!

^You mean the same Florida team that ripped into NJ's #1 PK and led that series 3-2 even though Theodore & Garrison missed some games and Versteeg & Fleischmann were both playing injured? Yeah, they totally got it easy....

I know it sucks the Pens lost, but this attitude of people not giving any credit to other teams is getting tiresome. If the Penguins were good enough to supposedly roll the East, they would've won the first round.

Last edited by KaylaJ: 05-27-2012 at 06:55 PM.
KaylaJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 06:58 PM
Coach John McGuirk
Bylstarded

The Penguins weren't going anywhere with the way their defense was playing, as well as how MAF was playing for the last couple of weeks.

Coach John McGuirk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 07:59 PM
Jesus Vitale
Formerly CPZ17

I'm rooting for the Kings, mostly because of Quick, Scuderi, and the fact that they've never won the cup before.

and I might take some heat from people for my probably unpopular opinion, but i wouldn't be too upset if the Devils won. I sorta like NJ. and they got a bunch of cool players: Zajac, Parise, Henrique, Zubrus, Elias, Ryan Carter, ex-pen Petr Sykora, and Josefson.

Jesus Vitale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 09:57 PM
Heatseeker

Definitely rooting for the Kings. I don't dislike any Devil players but that organization ruined hockey with their style of play in the mid 90s. I'm just glad that the Rags or Flyers don't have a chance to win it this year. Plus the Kings have never won one before and to see an 8th do it would be very impressive.

Heatseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2012, 11:55 AM
dr robbie
Let's Go Pens!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowdy Roddy Peeper View Post
Either's fine. I'm just ecstatic that the Caps, Flyers, and Rangers are all out.
Wow. Couldn't have said it better myself.

Though, I'm pulling for the Kings. I'm from St. Louis and both the Blues and Kings have the record for longest time without a cup. A Kings win would put the Blues as the sole possessor of that title and would give some story to a Blues future cup rup.

dr robbie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2012, 12:54 PM
Jaded-Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyPierroZabotel17 View Post
I'm rooting for the Kings, mostly because of Quick, Scuderi, and the fact that they've never won the cup before.

and I might take some heat from people for my probably unpopular opinion, but i wouldn't be too upset if the Devils won. I sorta like NJ. and they got a bunch of cool players: Zajac, Parise, Henrique, Zubrus, Elias, Ryan Carter, ex-pen Petr Sykora, and Josefson.
From reading here that is my impression for most. Certainly is true for me. I am supporting the Kings, but NJ never bothered me overly much, as a team or their fans. I can not say the same for the Flyers, Rangers or especially their fans. If I get annoyed here at HF, or see something stupid said about us or our team, you can bet dimes to dollars 99% of the time it is a Flyer or Ranger fan involved.

Jaded-Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2012, 02:26 PM
Le Magnifique 66
Let's Go Pens

Same here, would like to see the Kings win but the Devils don't bother me much and them winning might make Parise leave for the $ this summer so wouldn't be a bad thing

Le Magnifique 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2012, 02:30 PM
TorstenFrings
wieder zuhause!!!

Can't vote, can't care. Either is fine by me.

TorstenFrings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2012, 04:38 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

I am floored by how little most of you dislike the Devils. Screw those guys. Go Kings.

Ogrezilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2012, 05:40 PM
Til the End of Time

i think most hockey players are just regular people, some good some bad.

sidney crosby is one player who i think is a legit good dude.

jeff carter is one player who i think is a legit bad person. i can't stand him. i am actively rooting against him.

it would be a shame to see a punk like him sulk when he gets traded to a bad team, then whine enough to get reunited with his butt-buddy and ride other peoples coat-tails to the Cup.

Til the End of Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2012, 06:16 PM
Sidney the Kidney
All zee Germans!

vCash: 80
Kings all the way. I just like a lot of their players; Doughty, Kopitar, Quick, Brown, Scuds, etc. Though I wouldn't mind seeing Parise with a Cup ring.

Sidney the Kidney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2012, 07:05 PM
canadianguy77

Kings...partly for the Philly troll, and partly because I think it will be good for the game.

canadianguy77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2012, 07:58 PM
vikingGoalie

every flyer fan I know is calling the Kings "Flyers West".

While as a goalie myself I really like Quick (always have). I can't stand the idea of Richards or Carter hoisting a cup, nor any Flyer fans around here getting some distorted satisfaction that the players they jettisoned gives some sort of glory back to the flyers in some way.

That and Kovalchuk seems genuine, and I'd love to see Marty at the very least have one more good SCF appearance.

vikingGoalie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2012, 08:07 PM
canadianguy77

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikingGoalie View Post
every flyer fan I know is calling the Kings "Flyers West".
Wat...lulz. Only Philly fans would think like that. I guess thats what happens when your favorite team hasn't won anything meaningful in almost 40 years.

canadianguy77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2012, 08:09 PM
metalan2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honour Over Glory View Post
Devils. I hated them less than the Rangers and there are way too many Flyers on the Kings to really pull for them since most Flyers fans consider them the LA Flyers. I like Scuderi, miss the hell out of his playoff heroics being a solid defensive defenseman, but I hope his team fails miserably in the Finals.

I'd also like to see Martin Brodeur cap off his hall of fame career with a Cup.
Yes but that is what makes it even better. The fact that the two main Flyers, a year later, are about to win a cup while not on the Flyers. It is just too glorious.

metalan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2012, 08:11 PM
metalan2

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaylaJ View Post
^You mean the same Florida team that ripped into NJ's #1 PK and led that series 3-2 even though Theodore & Garrison missed some games and Versteeg & Fleischmann were both playing injured? Yeah, they totally got it easy....

I know it sucks the Pens lost, but this attitude of people not giving any credit to other teams is getting tiresome. If the Penguins were good enough to supposedly roll the East, they would've won the first round.
Just not true. **** happens constantly where the better team loses. This year the Pens were clearly better than most of the East. The Pens win game one of the Flyers series, they win the series. They also win the East.

metalan2 is offline   Reply With Quote