HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Schultz talk pt. 2

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-27-2012, 05:07 PM
  #51
arsmaster
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 22,066
vCash: 500
Maybe Murray constantly badgered (no pun intended) Schultz to the point he wanted out.

None of us have a clue what's taken place, whether he felt 'pressured' by the Ducks or not.

arsmaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 05:33 PM
  #52
Exit Dose
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Cerritos, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 19,483
vCash: 500
This has late sunday night trade written all over it.

Exit Dose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 05:56 PM
  #53
Leafidelity
Way she goes...
 
Leafidelity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 26,267
vCash: 1775
It will be interesting if his reasoning behind going to FA ever comes out. Top prospects don't usually up and leave an organization without reason. Something stinks in Anaheim/Syracuse.

Leafidelity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 05:57 PM
  #54
EarlGrey
Registered User
 
EarlGrey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Austria
Country: Austria
Posts: 2,479
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafidelity View Post
It will be interesting if his reasoning behind going to FA ever comes out. Top prospects don't usually up and leave an organization without reason. Something stinks in Anaheim/Syracuse.
Schultz fears Vatanen

EarlGrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 06:02 PM
  #55
Emerald Duck
Registered User
 
Emerald Duck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Orange County, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 963
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senshi View Post
Schultz fears Vatanen
Thank God Murray didn't trade Vatanen earlier this offseason, thinking that the Ducks had too many PMD

Emerald Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 06:03 PM
  #56
EarlGrey
Registered User
 
EarlGrey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Austria
Country: Austria
Posts: 2,479
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald Duck View Post
Thank God Murray didn't trade Vatanen earlier this offseason, thinking that the Ducks had too many PMD

Dude don't jinx it...next thing we know Vatanen is off to Toronto for a 7th rounder...

EarlGrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 07:17 PM
  #57
jax00
DangleSnipe&Celly
 
jax00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Anaslime
Country: United States
Posts: 8,633
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
This has late sunday night trade written all over it.
I'm down.

jax00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 07:24 PM
  #58
cyris
On a Soma Holiday
 
cyris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 3rd Planet From Sun.
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,440
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gliff View Post
Anyone who knows what situation the Ducks were in when that trade was made knows that Lupul was not the asset. Burke is not the devil to me. I really doubt he is the one doing the tampering if it is being done.
That wont stop half this board from accusing him of it if the Leafs sign Schultz. For years after people will complain about him being caught tampering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gliff View Post
I'm not saying I dont think ANY tampering is going on. I just think it is probably Gardiner rather then Burke. Yes players can be charged with tampering also. They cant recruit players that are not UFAs.
Do you have any link to back this up? As far as I know there are no rules against 2 players talking about playing together or having 1 of them sign with the other when he becomes a UFA.
Now if Gards was doing it on behalf of management with assurances that the Leafs would offer him a contract that would be different but that is unlikely. It is well publicized that the leafs tried to trade for Schultz, he should know we are interested in acquiring him leaving no reason to go the back channel route to tell him that.

cyris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 07:35 PM
  #59
CodeE
Registered User
 
CodeE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,728
vCash: 500
Really hope that whatever happens in the new CBA, we close all these loopholes that give prospects the option of becoming unrestricted free agents. The Islanders have lost a couple prospects this way, and now Anaheim looks like they'll lose Schultz. What's the point of the draft if kids know they can spurn their original team and chase a paycheck they haven't earned?

CodeE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 07:38 PM
  #60
cyris
On a Soma Holiday
 
cyris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 3rd Planet From Sun.
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,440
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeE View Post
Really hope that whatever happens in the new CBA, we close all these loopholes that give prospects the option of becoming unrestricted free agents. The Islanders have lost a couple prospects this way, and now Anaheim looks like they'll lose Schultz. What's the point of the draft if kids know they can spurn their original team and chase a paycheck they haven't earned?
I dont mind a player really not wanting to sign somewhere but they should have to go back into the draft for atleast a second time.

cyris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 07:42 PM
  #61
blasted_Sabre
Global Moderator
Warden of the North
 
blasted_Sabre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Muskoka
Country: Canada
Posts: 21,367
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyris View Post
I dont mind a player really not wanting to sign somewhere but they should have to go back into the draft for atleast a second time.
"and with the 6th overall pick, the Anaheim Ducks are proud to select Justin Schultz"

blasted_Sabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 07:52 PM
  #62
Krazy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 2,084
vCash: 500
I honestly have no idea where Schultz will sign, but its looking like Anaheim is not even likely. However reading this thread is absolutely ridiculous.

First it was who is he going to sign with? Every year probably more than half of the drafted players list toronto as their favorite team, and the majority of players are from the GTA (compared to anywhere else). Whenever anyone mentions that a FA might want to play in toronto, everyone laughs, oh sure another player wants to play for the leafs. However whenever it is not a Toronto born player, its well his family are canucks fans, or Duchene had a poster of Roy in his room, or schultz said he had fun on a trip to edmonton....... It gets even better here, when the hometown boy schultz purposely went to the states to play hockey, but now he is gauranteed to want to go home.

Now because somebody guesses toronto (which, I mean who really knows), now it is Burke is tampering. Players play together all the time, and talk. You don't think that the staals ever talk about playing on the same team, or Teemu and Saku only thought it would be a good idea after July 1st. That happens all the time. He sent an email saying he would play and changed his mind. That must mean burke is up to something.....

Everyone thinks that he owes anaheim something because he said he would play for them. Well guess what, they would trade him in a second if it suited them, or waive him if he falters. The GM who drafted him is gone, the coach is gone, and he was a college player. Anaheim has had like zero role in his development. It is his choice.

Krazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 07:57 PM
  #63
Gibsons Finest
R-E-L-A-X
 
Gibsons Finest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Saskatoon/Brandon
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,490
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyris View Post
I dont mind a player really not wanting to sign somewhere but they should have to go back into the draft for atleast a second time.
There actually might be a case that Schultz is eligible. I wouldn't be surprised in the least to see a team pick him and make that case later.

Gibsons Finest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 08:09 PM
  #64
Linden
[hello] :)
 
Linden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Granduland
Country: United States
Posts: 48,195
vCash: 50
I dont know about everyone in here, but I would not call someone a dick and put his character into question when we don't know all the facts. I think before we discount Schultz as a terrible person, we should see if any more information is released. Half the people in here are going off of a document that might or might not be accurate. Jeez, he's just a kid.

Linden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 08:19 PM
  #65
Ho Borvat
Registered User
 
Ho Borvat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,179
vCash: 500
I really wonder how many offers will be on the table for this kid...

Part of me hopes he becomes a bust with all the hype about him...

Ho Borvat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 08:25 PM
  #66
Gibsons Finest
R-E-L-A-X
 
Gibsons Finest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Saskatoon/Brandon
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,490
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by live playoff hockey View Post
I dont know about everyone in here, but I would not call someone a dick and put his character into question when we don't know all the facts. I think before we discount Schultz as a terrible person, we should see if any more information is released. Half the people in here are going off of a document that might or might not be accurate. Jeez, he's just a kid.
That's very, very true, who knows what'll happen. Hell, he could even end up deciding to stay in Anaheim. But as of right now, it really doesn't look good for him. Especially when he quietly withdrew from school(it was a couple days before it was even reported) and we have still yet to hear from his camp at all.

Gibsons Finest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 08:29 PM
  #67
forthewild
Registered User
 
forthewild's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 3,651
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dangerousdan85 View Post
I really wonder how many offers will be on the table for this kid...

Part of me hopes he becomes a bust with all the hype about him...
35 (i'm sure some KHL teams will try to lure him with a russian bombshell and some money)


i disagree on wanting him to bust, what if he signed with Vancouver?

forthewild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 08:33 PM
  #68
nrf83
Registered User
 
nrf83's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: golf course
Country: United States
Posts: 791
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgupca View Post
I've been saying this for weeks - when the AHL playoffs are over and IF Schultz really wants to play in Toronto I can see Burke Sending Holzer + pick to the ducks for Schultz rights.


I think ducks fans would really like Holzer's game, IMO it's very similar to Gunnar.
this makes absolutely no sense. why would Burke send an asset to Ducks for Schultz; if Schultz wants Toronto he signs with them on July 1st; trading for his rights is foolish and a waste of an asset.

nrf83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 08:39 PM
  #69
Gibsons Finest
R-E-L-A-X
 
Gibsons Finest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Saskatoon/Brandon
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,490
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrf83 View Post
this makes absolutely no sense. why would Burke send an asset to Ducks for Schultz; if Schultz wants Toronto he signs with them on July 1st; trading for his rights is foolish and a waste of an asset.
Burke's the one guy who would do it. Burke's a great asset manager, but he also has no problems basically giving assets away. Couple in the fact that Holzer likely won't get much of a shot if they sign Schultz, and he could justify it as doing the kid a favor. If Burke determined that Schenn's one of the odd men out with Schultz coming, I could see him try to swing a deal with him for Schultz's rights and a pick or a winger prospect or something.

If there's anyone who could basically have Schultz signed yet still give up an asset for him, it's Burke. Especially when it's Bob Murray he's dealing with here.

Gibsons Finest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 08:42 PM
  #70
UniverStalinGraduate*
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 3,253
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVPeyton View Post
Burke's the one guy who would do it. Burke's a great asset manager, but he also has no problems basically giving assets away. Couple in the fact that Holzer likely won't get much of a shot if they sign Schultz, and he could justify it as doing the kid a favor. If Burke determined that Schenn's one of the odd men out with Schultz coming, I could see him try to swing a deal with him for Schultz's rights and a pick or a winger prospect or something.

If there's anyone who could basically have Schultz signed yet still give up an asset for him, it's Burke. Especially when it's Bob Murray he's dealing with here.
How is Burke a great asset manager?

UniverStalinGraduate* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 08:50 PM
  #71
Gibsons Finest
R-E-L-A-X
 
Gibsons Finest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Saskatoon/Brandon
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,490
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by UniverStalinGraduate View Post
How is Burke a great asset manager?
Maybe I shouldn't have quite said that, as not being afraid to throw assets away isn't a quality of a great asset manager, but he makes some pretty solid deals, that can't be denied. Turning a UFA signing into a very good defenseman prospect is no slouch.

Gibsons Finest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 09:00 PM
  #72
jax00
DangleSnipe&Celly
 
jax00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Anaslime
Country: United States
Posts: 8,633
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrf83 View Post
this makes absolutely no sense. why would Burke send an asset to Ducks for Schultz; if Schultz wants Toronto he signs with them on July 1st; trading for his rights is foolish and a waste of an asset.
You're talking about the guy that traded a 2nd for Parros and waived Bryzgalov.

Wouldn't be surprised if he made the offer at the very least.

jax00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 09:05 PM
  #73
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****
 
NFITO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 27,903
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Ryan Getzlaf View Post
Maybe I shouldn't have quite said that, as not being afraid to throw assets away isn't a quality of a great asset manager, but he makes some pretty solid deals, that can't be denied. Turning a UFA signing into a very good defenseman prospect is no slouch.
I don't see Burke as a great asset manager at all... he got lucky on some deals just like every GM does. Some players just take another step in their development after being dealt.

Burke has given away a lot of assets or seen them devalued after the brought them to his organization... and he's always been a terrible drafter as well, and hasn't accumulated a lot of assets through the draft through most of his career.

At best, he's average when it comes to overall asset management.

NFITO is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 09:07 PM
  #74
gooilgo
Fire MacLowe
 
gooilgo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Area 51
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,510
vCash: 500
Well if there does prove to be anything in the tampering allegations then I hope that the team and GM involved whether that is Tambellini, Burke, Gillis or whoever is subject to severe penalties, fines and suspensions.
It's one thing to take advantage of a loophole which in an ideal world should not exist but as it does you have to say that it's fair game to sign Schultz as a UFA but tampering is simply unacceptable .



The spotlight is really going to be on Schultz now after this saga and when he arrives in the nhl for whichever team the pressure on him is going to be immense. I hope for his sake he can deal with that.


Last edited by gooilgo: 05-27-2012 at 09:13 PM.
gooilgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 09:14 PM
  #75
Gibsons Finest
R-E-L-A-X
 
Gibsons Finest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Saskatoon/Brandon
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,490
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFITO View Post
I don't see Burke as a great asset manager at all... he got lucky on some deals just like every GM does. Some players just take another step in their development after being dealt.

Burke has given away a lot of assets or seen them devalued after the brought them to his organization... and he's always been a terrible drafter as well, and hasn't accumulated a lot of assets through the draft through most of his career.

At best, he's average when it comes to overall asset management.
Wouldn't call it lucky, a lot of them were pretty smart. He definitely gives a lot away, sometimes unnecessarily, but overall I'd say he's quite good.

Gibsons Finest is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:47 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.