HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The official Adam Henrique appreciation thread, Part 2

Old
05-27-2012, 11:03 PM
AZNDevil
Yay band.

vCash: 500

From then to now,

I love ya, Hennie.

AZNDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 11:07 PM
Ilkka Pikachu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larsson View Post
Henrique's face when

Draft threads are always source of mockery later on.

Ilkka Pikachu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 11:21 PM
Wingman77
Glory Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZNDevil View Post

From then to now,

I love ya, Hennie.
I was at both of these games and to see him evolve like this over a short period of time has been incredible

The game against the Jets, I was at with my boss and when Henrique scored the winner he turned and said to me 'we got a star in the making'

Wingman77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 11:38 PM
glenwo2
PATTY'S BETTER!!!

glenwo2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 11:48 PM
Bleedred
I too lose SO to NJD

Will I be banned or get an infraction for saying Henrique reminds of Gomez? A YOUNG Gomez. Back when Gomez was actually a productive NHL player? I don't know if Henrique is gonna be a 30+ goal scorer most years though I can see him scoring 20-30 also. He reminds of Gomez in being a playmaker, and racking up a lot of points, and setting up goals. Not just scoring the goals.

Remember guys Gomez was a GREAT player at one time. The fact he was grossly overpaid, and grossly under produced since that contract cheapens the positives about him.

Henrique is the best new player we've had since Zajac.

Bleedred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 11:50 PM
Bleedred
I too lose SO to NJD

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenwo2 View Post
HOLY **** THAT'S AWESOME! YEAH!!!!!

Also that game winner breakaway against Winnipeg I love that! I wish Chico could do color with Doc on NBC! I loved Chico's reaction after Henrique scored that goal against Winnipeg!

WAAAAHHHHHHH CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?

Old
05-27-2012, 11:57 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Gomez was a much better playmaker than Henrique, with better vision. He wasn't a goal scorer. Henrique is, he has much better hands in tight than Gomez did. Henrique also plays much more physical than Gomez ever did.

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 12:00 AM
BrodeursCups

Send a message via AIM to BrodeursCups
I really REALLY hate gomez, but there was a time when he was a player. Dude had speed to burn and sick vision. It's somewhat sad he rolled out for the bigger payday.

I fully expect the Habs to buy him out and him to try get back into the devils organization. Problem is we have Zajac/Henrique/JAJO down the middle and have no room for him.

BrodeursCups is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 12:10 AM
Wingman77
Glory Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrodeursCups View Post
I really REALLY hate gomez, but there was a time when he was a player. Dude had speed to burn and sick vision. It's somewhat sad he rolled out for the bigger payday.

I fully expect the Habs to buy him out and him to try get back into the devils organization. Problem is we have Zajac/Henrique/JAJO down the middle and have no room for him.
The guy had skill, but also reaped the benefits of playing with Mogilny and Elias throughout his Devils career

Wingman77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 12:20 AM
BrodeursCups

Send a message via AIM to BrodeursCups
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman77 View Post
The guy had skill, but also reaped the benefits of playing with Mogilny and Elias throughout his Devils career
Absolutely. He dug his own grave on that one. I feel no remorse for him..

BrodeursCups is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 12:41 AM
Bleedred
I too lose SO to NJD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
Gomez was a much better playmaker than Henrique, with better vision. He wasn't a goal scorer. Henrique is, he has much better hands in tight than Gomez did. Henrique also plays much more physical than Gomez ever did.
A few similarity's. I think Henrique will be the overall better player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrodeursCups View Post

Yeah we have absolutely no use for him. You know when I would have wanted him back? When we had no faceoff depth whatsoever when YaYo, and Zajac were out.

This is also IGNORING the fact he had a $7.5 million dollar cap hit, and pretending he had like less than a million dollar cap hit, and not 2 more years remaining on his contract. Faceoffs were the only thing I noticed he still seemed decent at.

He would have also been great centering the 4th line had we not gotten Little Gio for the playoffs. Once again this is pretending he had a LOW salary. I couldn't justify paying him more than what Sykora was paid, and Sykora was a BARGAIN. Not after all that **** he pulled on this last contract, and being a complete, and total bust. That's Sather's fault, and whoever was in charge in Montreal at the time for agreeing to that trade. He didn't absolutely suck yet when he got to Montreal, but he was GROSSLY OVERPAID for what he was. Someone will still pay him $2 million this season. Any team that gives him $2 million unless it's a team close to the cap floor like the Islanders, or Colorado is making a really stupid move.

Old
05-28-2012, 06:03 PM
Devils Dominion
Conte's Critic

I remember that when he was drafted, someone here posted something like "How cool would it be to see Henriques score an OT playoff goal on Lundquivst to eliminate them, and our fans chanting Henrique!!

I don't have the time to look up that draft thread, but it was posted around that time. I do recall it.

Devils Dominion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 06:19 PM
Getzo5
The Punisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Dominion View Post
I remember that when he was drafted, someone here posted something like "How cool would it be to see Henriques score an OT playoff goal on Lundquivst to eliminate them, and our fans chanting Henrique!!

I don't have the time to look up that draft thread, but it was posted around that time. I do recall it.
Oh noez, we`re drafting Matteau.

Getzo5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 06:42 PM
NJDevs26
Status quo

vCash: 237
Quote:
Henrique joked about how people might have watched other teams during the season, but they had no choice but to watch the Devils on Friday if they wanted to watch hockey.

“I don’t think we’re the top pick to watch during the year,” he said. “Now, people are forced to watch us.”
lolz

NJDevs26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 11:52 PM
Blackjack

Hate to talk about Gomez in Henrique's thread, but I would absolutely take a flier on him at 1/2 salary cap hit. The guy's a flat out hockey player and he's only 32. Anyone could look bad playing for The Ranger and Habs. (Anyone see Richards, ahh, all series? Neither did I.)

I think he could be great on Henrique's wing

(disclaimer: posted with a BAC of at least 0.15)

Blackjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 11:54 PM
Classic Devil
Global Moderator
Spirit of 1988

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackjack View Post
Hate to talk about Gomez in Henrique's thread, but I would absolutely take a flier on him at 1/2 salary cap hit. The guy's a flat out hockey player and he's only 32. Anyone could look bad playing for The Ranger and Habs. (Anyone see Richards, ahh, all series? Neither did I.)

I think he could be great on Henrique's wing

(disclaimer: posted with a BAC of at least 0.15)
Was a flat-out hockey player. Was.

Now he's closer to an eighteen wheeler with nine flat tires stranded without cell service in the middle of North Dakota.

Classic Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2012, 12:01 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
We have Zajac, Henrique, and Josefson all but locked in as our top 3 centres for next season, and he doesn't fit a fourth line role like DeBoer would want. We don't need Gomez.

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2012, 12:03 AM
Blackjack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic Devil View Post

Now he's closer to an eighteen wheeler with nine flat tires stranded without cell service in the middle of North Dakota.
True. I guess the memory of him dominating the Rangers in the first round just doesn't want to fade from my memory.

Blackjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2012, 12:10 AM
manilaNJ
Optimism: Unwavering

I get chills, in the bad way, everytime someone mentions Gomez and Henrique in the same sentence.

Therefore, I'll do my best to put this back on track.

His hockey IQ is at the genius levels, I think this one of my favorite quotes I've seen of his:

Quote:
Rookie center Adam Henrique was probably one of the most unlikeliest candidates to be involved in the Devils’ first fight of the playoffs, but his fight with Ryan McDonagh 9:26 actually proved to be quite important. McDonagh was in the box, so Del Zotto was on the ice with Girardi instead for the shift when Parise set up Zajac’s 2-on-1 goal.

“It was just battling,” Henrique said. “I’m not going to back down. I’ll take the trade-off. I recognized it was him. Obviously, he’s a big guy for them, a big contributor and I’ll take that trade off.”
He wasn't just reacting, he knew what he was doing for the team. That's awesome.

manilaNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2012, 12:36 AM
HeliDevil
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic Devil View Post

alaska

HeliDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2012, 12:37 AM
Bleedred
I too lose SO to NJD

Half a salary cap hit on Gomez would be like $3.75 million! No way would I take him back for that. He was worth that maybe in 09. He was never worth $7.5 I would say $5 million tops. Come to think of he had a great season scoring over 30 goals in 05/06, but in 06/07 he sucked. Was worth $4-$4.5 million a year for like 4 or 5 years. No way even worth a 7 year contract he was given.

Like I said I would have taken Gomez back during the days when Zajac, and Ya Yo were injured, and we couldn't win a damn faceoff to save our lives. For a Sykora type cap hit too. I would have taken John Madden at that point with how bad we were at faceoffs. Gomez is still fairly good with faceoffs. I would only take him back if we can't re sign one of Gio or Carter. He probably wouldn't like my offer either. I'm talking $650k-$750k. He would probably want $2-$3 million a year. Unless you're the Isles, or Avs, and are close to the cap floor you're wasting your time, and a roster spot at that price.

Anyway sorry for bringing him up in the first place! Carry on with the Henrique love! I'm still loving the Dos Equis one!

Old
05-29-2012, 12:52 AM
Semak

Crazy to think now that Henrique might turn out to be better than Tedenby. Yikes.

Semak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2012, 01:20 AM
Bleedred
I too lose SO to NJD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semak View Post
Crazy to think now that Henrique might turn out to be better than Tedenby. Yikes.
I don't think might is the term! I can't stand Tedenby. I don't hate him, but there tends to be a big obsession with him. I just don't think he's that good. I think he has a future, but I just don't think he's gonna be what some expect him to be. I think Josefson might turn out to be better. If he was any good defensively I think he would be a great 3rd/4th liner. Sorry but that's just all I see there.

It's funny our most useful draft picks so far that are really paying off for us are the late round guys like Henrique, and Fayne. Wasn't Fayne a 3rd round pick too? Corrente where is he? I know he's had some tough luck with injuries, but I can't see him at Fayne's level.

Old
05-29-2012, 02:34 AM
Chessarmy
Its a Marty Party

Corrente is garbage.

Chessarmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2012, 03:29 AM
MJB Devils23*
No lockout!

Wasn't Corrente slated to be basically another Fayne? I was also hearing a more gritty version of Rafalski.

MJB Devils23* is offline   Reply With Quote