HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Ryan Kesler Unhappy?

Old
05-27-2012, 09:47 PM
Peter Griffin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by startainfection View Post
maybe they should pull a philly and retool
The thing is, Philly had Giroux and Briere still in their system when they dealt Carter/Richards. If the Canucks move Kesler, who centers the 2nd line?

Peter Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 09:48 PM
WangMustGo
NYI

vCash: 3178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorkosh View Post
wait what?

in 2 years the Sedins are going to be 60 point players? Care to make a wager on that?

I love how undervalued the Canucks players are. Luongo is going to horrendously suck in a few years, the Sedins are gonna be 60 point players in 2 years. Wow.

You realize Henrik Sedin alone, puts up 60 points in just assists for the last 7 years right? Well 6, 7th year he put up 57 assists.
Sorry but players aren't in their primes forever, 35 is old for an NHL player these days. To expect them to be PPG players in 3 years is a bit ridiculous. Hell Henrik dropped from 112 points to 94 points to 81 points over the past 3 seasons, a 41 point difference between 2010 and 2012.

The islanders would not do this trade it doesn't make sense for them. Sure it's an overpayment, but the Islanders aren't ready to compete for a cup even with the sedans and Kesler. Plus adding over 17 million a year will definitely make this trade a no go.

WangMustGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 09:53 PM
Joe Sakic
Goodbye ROR

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubplatepressure View Post
Lol.. why would Vigneault call this guy out like this?
Yah that seems dumb.

Joe Sakic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 10:02 PM
PanthersHockey1
South by Southeast

Vancouver fans really believe that kesler draws a return similar to a john tavares or a johnathan huberdeau? Seems very unrealistic imo.

PanthersHockey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 10:05 PM
K2B
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
To the person above me the Sedin's aren't the type of players to regress with age, they don't play a 'speed" Game, they play a cycle game which won't regress with age, there game is based on chemistry and that doesn't regress with age. So tell me how the Sedin's will be 60 point players in 2 years?

K2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 10:06 PM
Oroku Saki*
Pete Hearts Volch

Henrique and Merill for Kesler?

Oroku Saki* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 10:11 PM
usual suspects

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno Mars View Post
To the person above me the Sedin's aren't the type of players to regress with age, they don't play a 'speed" Game, they play a cycle game which won't regress with age, there game is based on chemistry and that doesn't regress with age. So tell me how the Sedin's will be 60 point players in 2 years?
I'm not sure but I think you are saying they won't regress with age..

usual suspects is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 10:20 PM
K2B
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by usual suspects View Post
I'm not sure but I think you are saying they won't regress with age..
Was hoping to get my point across.

Old
05-27-2012, 10:31 PM
Winroba
Keep Calm, Kassi On

Quote:
Originally Posted by stryfe604 View Post
Who said Leino got a good contract?
Nobody, I was saying that Kesler at 5 is a great contract when open market Ville-freaking-Leino got $4.5

Winroba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 10:32 PM
Boondock

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGuruPitka View Post
Obviously if the stars align they could possibly win a cup. However im refuting the fact that Nucks fans think they can stand pat and win a cup. They expect to receive a massive overpayment for the worst available contract in hockey. They have barley any cap space and feel like Luongo is a valuable asset not a contract that needs to be unloaded. At this point, somethings got to give in order to get this team over the hump. Yes there are good years in the tank, but the current mix wont get it done. IMO and thats all.
It's obvious that you dislike the Canucks, but you are letting your hatred cloud your reason. No Canuck fan has said if they stand pat they will win a cup, but a few tweaks will help a lot more then moving big pieces of their core. Luo isn't the worst contract in hockey, so that's just a flat out un-truth. With the potential to trade Luo (5.3), Ballard (4.2), and a good possibility that Raymond isn't going to be qualified (2.55) there is cap relief. So with Lack replacing Schneider, and Schneider replacing Luongo the Canucks would have roughly 16.5 million to fill 5 roster spots - so cap isn't a huge issue. Canucks are an elite team even with the 1st round knock out and will push for the top of the league again next year.

Boondock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 10:44 PM
maroon 6
Live and let live

Quote:
Ummm if there slow, there going to get even slower with age...

maroon 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 10:55 PM
jigsaw99

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubplatepressure View Post
Lol.. why would Vigneault call this guy out like this?
Because he is a coach who plays favorites with his players. Those who hate him eveuntally gets runned out by him. (Mitchell, Hodgson, Shirokov, Grabner, O'brien).

jigsaw99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 11:06 PM
K2B
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotNamed View Post
Ummm if there slow, there going to get even slower with age...
That's my point, The Sedin's don't rely on there speed to be successful players.

Old
05-27-2012, 11:21 PM
McXLNC97

Quote:
That's my point, The Sedin's don't rely on there speed to be successful players.
Yet Henrik has seen his production drop off by 31 points in the past 2 seasons. So what's the reason behind that since it's not the speed? Maybe it's the hands? Markus Naslund peaked out at 104 pts when he was 29 years old, and saw his production drop off every season after that and he wasn't a player who relied on his speed either.

McXLNC97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 11:25 PM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlnc66 View Post
Yet Henrik has seen his production drop off by 31 points in the past 2 seasons. So what's the reason behind that since it's not the speed? Maybe it's the hands? Markus Naslund peaked out at 104 pts when he was 29 years old, and saw his production drop off every season after that and he wasn't a player who relied on his speed either.
Considering goal scoring has dropped off league wide, maybe it's not so much the player. Henrik was the leading scorer in the Western conference this season afterall and 4th overall the year before.

Old
05-27-2012, 11:46 PM
LiquidSnake*
Agent of Chaos...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
Considering goal scoring has dropped off league wide, maybe it's not so much the player. Henrik was the leading scorer in the Western conference this season afterall and 4th overall the year before.
OWNED. well done.

LiquidSnake* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 11:58 PM
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos

If Kesler is, indeed, on the block, would there be something to work around between Vancouver and Anaheim, with Getzlaf being the key return?

Anaheim gets the two way center to help improve overall team defense, and Vancouver gets the bigger and more skilled player.

Maybe some depth players can be traded to offset the value difference.

King'sPawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 12:06 AM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by King'sPawn View Post
If Kesler is, indeed, on the block, would there be something to work around between Vancouver and Anaheim, with Getzlaf being the key return?

Anaheim gets the two way center to help improve overall team defense, and Vancouver gets the bigger and more skilled player.

I don't think Kesler will be shopped, but if there was a chance for the Canucks to get Getzlaf, I would hope Gillis would pursue it hard. Only way the Ducks would likely consider it though is if Getzlaf refuses to sign an extension which doesn't seem like it will be the case.

Old
05-28-2012, 12:06 AM
ChillyPalmer

Quote:

Only reason the Ducks would do that is if they think Getzlaf won't re-sign with the team.

ChillyPalmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 12:14 AM
bumperkisser

Quote:

no way. getzlaf is on a great contract. however, if we had to trade getzlaf. we'd need a couple top 6's and a great prospect. not a 1 for 1 swap. we're top heavy enough as it is. trading getzlaf for a lesser center just makes us weaker as a team

bumperkisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 02:54 AM
heathfilms*

mtl - van

To Montreal

Ryan Kesler

To Vancouver

Tomas Plekanec
Lars Eller

there are rumors that Kesler is not happy in vancouver

Ryan Kesler is better then Tomas and I know we would have to add so I putted Lars Eller and he would be perfect as the 3rd line center for the canucks. as for montreal they have louis leblanc coming up next year to be the 3rd line center

thoughts?

heathfilms* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 03:06 AM
HockeyRX

what you don't know about kesler is that he is never happy. he isn't even happy when he wins. he isn't happy with AV, and wasn't before. he didn't ask for a trade before and he will not ask for one now. move on.

HockeyRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 03:07 AM
Mr Misty
The Irons Are Back!

You are on a roll, more Plekanec to _____ team proposals!

Why does Vancouver trade 1 good center for a less good center and a much less good center? Kessler could fetch a bit more than this if he was available.

Mr Misty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 03:17 AM
Halpysback*

Kesler is a bit too injury prone for Montreal to take this risk.

Halpysback* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 05:17 AM
Hampe
The Hampster

I can't see Vancouver going for this.

Hampe is offline   Reply With Quote