HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Madison Square Garden Renovations (Part IV)

Closed Thread

Old
05-15-2012, 06:08 PM
Oak
Hockey Connoisseur

vCash: 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Nope...only $4 more per ticket. Actually the best value (as far as an annual increase is concerned) for my tenure as a subscriber...not counting the 10% decrease after Dolan's guarantee.
Ya the knicks fans get to pay the grunt of the increase.

Old
05-15-2012, 07:45 PM
Blueshirt Special
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oak View Post
This is cute.

Not sure what idiot you talked to but this makes no sense. You know there are different trades its not just "union construction" guys right?

Im a union Ironworker and a good amount of my friends were on the phase 1 renovation at msg and trust me not one of them gives a **** if the job starts sooner or later. If they are Ranger fans they want them to win and dont care about that. You act like the people who planned the job didnt count on this possibility? If they didnt they are morons and shouldnt be planning jobs.
It would seem to me that the same amount of work would still have to be done, just in a shorter timeline. That equates to more overtime.

I haven't been in a union for many years, but as I recall, OT was always a good thing.

05-25-2012, 10:31 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

So it begins.

05-25-2012, 10:32 PM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

^

Old
05-25-2012, 10:38 PM
PassShootScore
208 Row 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
So it begins.
lol can they close the playoff ticket thread already lol

Old
05-25-2012, 11:57 PM
Giglio NYR15
Section 417

They already dropped off the dumpsters for the demo of phase 2....sickening. Pics were on twitter from scotty hockey.

Old
05-26-2012, 12:02 AM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giglio NYR15 View Post
They already dropped off the dumpsters for the demo of phase 2....sickening. Pics were on twitter from scotty hockey.
Can you blame them? Can't waste any time, they're already starting a month later than last year.

Really gonna miss the old Garden. I'm deathly afraid the renovations will continue to kill the atmosphere.

Old
05-26-2012, 12:05 AM
Giglio NYR15
Section 417

Quote:
Can you blame them? Can't waste any time, they're already starting a month later than last year.

Really gonna miss the old Garden. I'm deathly afraid the renovations will continue to kill the atmosphere.
You and me both man...msg is already a corporate world. Luckily for me im left away from bridges in the only 400s left, tucked away under the west balcony.

Old
05-26-2012, 12:08 AM
Baby Punisher

Quote:

I HATE what they did with the seating in the lower bowl. Love the Concourses, hate the seating.

When I was in DC for game 4 I reliazed that the Garden is going to look like every other new arena in the leauge. MSG's heart maybe it's fans but the Dolans have torn out it's soul which made it a unique place to play.

Old
05-27-2012, 08:28 PM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Punisher View Post
I HATE what they did with the seating in the lower bowl. Love the Concourses, hate the seating.

When I was in DC for game 4 I reliazed that the Garden is going to look like every other new arena in the leauge. MSG's heart maybe it's fans but the Dolans have torn out it's soul which made it a unique place to play.
bah, don't be so dramatic. The Garden gets hyped a lot but truth be told the seating was garbage and the place was severely dated. I'm all for these changes, not so much for the ticket increases that are coming with it.

Old
05-27-2012, 08:34 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

MSG will always look unique. Inside and out.

Its instantly recognizable, IMO. And still feels like MSG.

I just don't want those stupid bridges.

Old
05-27-2012, 08:39 PM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
I just don't want those stupid bridges.
yeah, when I said I like "these" changes I wasn't thinking about the bridges, one of the dumbest ideas in arena history

Old
05-27-2012, 08:44 PM
koz2393

Still can't make those bridges work in my head. No matter how many plans/concept drawings/whatever else I see, I just can't picture them in real life in the garden.

Old
05-27-2012, 08:47 PM
Kane One
HFB Partner

vCash: 2000
I for one, love the bridge idea.

05-27-2012, 10:56 PM
bobbop
Henrik & Pop

Quote:
What exactly is bothering you about the lower level? They basically ripped out the seats and put new ones in. Don't get it...

Old
05-27-2012, 11:14 PM
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!

I miss the purple seats. Will miss the teal seats once they're all gone. Now that was unique. lol

Old
05-27-2012, 11:17 PM
PassShootScore
208 Row 18

Where the 400s behind the goal are gonna be are they gonna have their seats the color blue or the same as the new lowerbowl?

Old
05-27-2012, 11:27 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger de FLA View Post
I miss the purple seats. Will miss the teal seats once they're all gone. Now that was unique. lol
I liked the purple and teal and I also liked the orange, blue, green, and red at Shea Stadium. May not be the prettiest of color schemes in these places but it was unique and made it different than other places.

Old
05-27-2012, 11:56 PM
Baby Punisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
bah, don't be so dramatic. The Garden gets hyped a lot but truth be told the seating was garbage and the place was severely dated. I'm all for these changes, not so much for the ticket increases that are coming with it.
I'm not being dramatic. My seats were section 104 row 1. I had the asile. We were relocated to 119 no asile & no leg room at all, & massive ticket hikes to boot. I hate it.

Old
05-28-2012, 12:02 AM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Figured I'd post these. Maybe we could put em in the OP as reference to what the pricing used to be in the past and how the arena used to look and how it's changing.

2010-2011 virtual seating chart - http://rangers.io-media.com/

2011-2012 virtual seating chart - http://rangers2011.io-media.com/

2012-2013 virtual seating chart - http://rangers2012.io-media.com/

Old
05-28-2012, 07:13 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

It looks perfect at 12-13.

Just leave it that way. No stupid bridges.

Old
05-28-2012, 09:05 AM
darrenturcotte#8

I just hope the new upper level has amazing sight lines. I'm so tired of having to lean forward and dodge heads to see the puck.

Old
05-28-2012, 09:21 AM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrenturcotte#8 View Post
I just hope the new upper level has amazing sight lines. I'm so tired of having to lean forward and dodge heads to see the puck.
I have to think that will be the best part of the entire renovation. Raising every seat up about 10 feet and forward by almost the same distance...as well as increasing the pitch should make the upper level a much more enjoyable experience for everyone who sits there. Really the only* downsides I can see are wider sections (making getting to and from your seats more of a nuisance), and the fact that you will need to take the escalators to get between the upper/lower bowls (should you want to.) But for you and I and anyone else sitting towards the front of the new upper bowl this should be a minor inconvenience compared to not having to deal with the distraction of people walking around the concourse in front of us any longer. But really, the view should be improved for everyone. Can't wait for opening night!

*The other downer will be related to the possible obstruction caused by the new fan bridges...but as we all know that's another year away. Personally if I had seats in the upper bowl I would do everything in my power to make sure I was NOT in the last 10 rows.

Old
05-28-2012, 10:21 AM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger de FLA View Post
Quote:
I liked the purple and teal and I also liked the orange, blue, green, and red at Shea Stadium. May not be the prettiest of color schemes in these places but it was unique and made it different than other places.
Miss it like Aunt Mildred's wall to wall flower wallpaper?

Old
05-28-2012, 10:23 AM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015

Quote:
I'm not being dramatic. My seats were section 104 row 1. I had the asile. We were relocated to 119 no asile & no leg room at all, & massive ticket hikes to boot. I hate it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
I have to think that will be the best part of the entire renovation. Raising every seat up about 10 feet and forward by almost the same distance...as well as increasing the pitch should make the upper level a much more enjoyable experience for everyone who sits there. Really the only* downsides I can see are wider sections (making getting to and from your seats more of a nuisance), and the fact that you will need to take the escalators to get between the upper/lower bowls (should you want to.) But for you and I and anyone else sitting towards the front of the new upper bowl this should be a minor inconvenience compared to not having to deal with the distraction of people walking around the concourse in front of us any longer. But really, the view should be improved for everyone. Can't wait for opening night!
Yeah have to agree on the legroom in the lower bowl, they really f'd that up. Not so much in the new 300s from last summer, so we'll see how the rest of the upper bowl turns out

Closed Thread