HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Chris Kreider next season

Old
05-28-2012, 09:53 AM
Hanke
Tortsless Rangers

vCash: 500
Chris Kreider next season

I remember when we drafted this kid, I was excited. Watching (well hearing, couldn't watch the games) him devolope over the years in BC was great. The kid grew from his draft year from 6'1" to 6'3", a absolute tank weighing near 230! Then finally watching him play for the Rangers in the playoffs! He didn't play one regular season game what so ever. Came up straight up from playing in BC winning a nation title, to going to the playoffs and EFC in the NHL and being a huge success with us scoring 5 big goals. Kid is going to be a stud!

The reason why I made this thread is because going into next season his confidence should be through the roof. Going straight into the NHL is pretty tuff, but going straight into the playoffs in clutch situations with tons of pressure for a 21 year old rook is mind blowing. Going into the regular season should be much easy, less pressure and will have tons of confidence.

I don't like to make my expectations very high but I expect a big year from Chris.

What do you expect Chris Kreider to do next year in his rookie season?

My expectations:
82 GP
30 goals
25 assists
55 points

Rookie of the year nominee. Yakapov taking the award.

Hanke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 09:55 AM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangerSince05 View Post
I remember when we drafted this kid, I was excited. Watching (well hearing, couldn't watch the games) him devolope over the years in BC was great. The kid grew from his draft year from 6'1" to 6'3", a absolute tank weighing near 230! Then finally watching him play for the Rangers in the playoffs! He didn't play one regular season game what so ever. Came up straight up from playing in BC winning a nation title, to going to the playoffs and EFC in the NHL and being a huge success with us scoring 5 big goals. Kid is going to be a stud!

The reason why I made this thread is because going into next season his confidence should be through the roof. Going straight into the NHL is pretty tuff, but going straight into the playoffs in clutch situations with tons of pressure for a 21 year old rook is mind blowing. Going into the regular season should be much easy, less pressure and will have tons of confidence.

I don't like to make my expectations very high but I expect a big year from Chris.

My expectations:
30 goals
25 assists
55 points

I'm not feeling 30 goals. Too much for a Ranger rookie. Remember this team is offensively inept.

23 goals and 32 assists for 55 points.

05-28-2012, 09:55 AM
JCrusher*

well now he has playoff experience and will have training camp entering basically his rookie season which i feel will help him even more.

JCrusher* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 09:57 AM
Tawnos

I believe 20-20 would be fine from him.

Tawnos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 10:01 AM
Hanke
Tortsless Rangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyday Im Hagelin View Post
I'm not feeling 30 goals. Too much for a Ranger rookie. Remember this team is offensively inept.

I will defiently be not disappointed with those numbers. I can see any where from 20-30 goals, especially if he's playing with Richie.

Hanke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 10:04 AM
FromTheSide

Send a message via AIM to FromTheSide Send a message via MSN to FromTheSide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everyday Im Hagelin View Post

If Prucha can do it, Certainly Kreider can.

FromTheSide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 10:06 AM
BroadwayBlues
Angel Grove

28 goals.

BroadwayBlues is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 10:09 AM
sfox7076

He could be a 30 goal player if Stepan learns to win a draw and learns to skate with him. He's the reason I don't want to trade for Nash. I think he can put in the 20-30 goals Nash will bring to us (don't believe Nash gets his high end numbers in our system).

So what about other options? Well, I think we are more likely to package DZ or Erixon, Dubi, Boyle and our first (maybe this and next years) to Edmonton to get their first round pick or one of their forwards not named Nugent-Hopkins or Hall. Basically Eberle or Gagner depending on the package. Edmonton gets the D man and grinding winger they want, plus a pick or two.

sfox7076 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 10:18 AM
Ih8theislanders

25-25 would be amazing. That's what I'm hoping for.

Ih8theislanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 10:28 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

I think 25 goals/50 points is the high-end of what we should expect.

20 goals/40+ points would be a good stepping stone. I think he winds up in Torts' doghouse at times during the season because he has a lot to learn on the defensive side of the puck at the NHL level.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 10:32 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
I think 25 goals/50 points is the high-end of what we should expect.

20 goals/40+ points would be a good stepping stone. I think he winds up in Torts' doghouse at times during the season because he has a lot to learn on the defensive side of the puck at the NHL level.
That is about what I am expecting.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 10:35 AM
Fitzy
Relative to what?

vCash: 50
Depends on the role he plays and ice time he gets.

If we land another top winger, I think maybe 15 goals would be a nice contribution if he sticks with the club full season (I believe he will)

He and Hagelin may have their numbers higher, however if we do not sign another winger.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 10:37 AM
Giacomin

I have followed his career closely and he should score 25-30 goals next year. I expect him to be a 40 goal scorer in a few years.

Giacomin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 10:39 AM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

I think a 20-20 season would be a solid rookie year.

05-28-2012, 10:58 AM
SERE 24
LGR

I'm not going to predict numbers but I think coming into a fairly low pressure October (relative to the situations he's already been in) he should have lots of confidence and more space in games that won't be as tightly contested. He should definitely see top-six minutes. I could see him having a really monstrous rookie year. We'll see though. He'll have to show endurance over 82+ games. I really hope Torts puts him in a position to succeed with PP time, etc. I think we have to recognize that in this system, with Torts' line juggling everyone's offensive potential is lower than we perceive. I think he's got James Neal like potential though, but I'm thinking more like Neal's first few seasons than what he did with Malkin.

SERE 24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 11:01 AM
Baby Punisher

25g-27a

Baby Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 11:07 AM
92hatchattack

I think TORTS will ruin him like he's done to Step and Hags...

92hatchattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 11:07 AM
msv957

It really depends on what line and ice time that Kreider gets next year.

If he is put on the top 6 and on the Power play I can see Kreider getting 25 goals and around 25 assists. He would be put in a position to succeed on a great team. This would only help his confidence level.

This can be said about any player. For example if Dubinsky is put on the top 6 and gets power play minutes I would think we would get similar stats also.

msv957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 11:09 AM
msv957

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92hatchattack View Post
How is Torts ruining Stepan and Hags? Torts has Hags on the first line with Gaborik and Richards while he had Stepan on the first for more than half the season last year. Then he moved Stepan to the 2nd line center near the end of the season. Both players had great top 6 ice time last year.

msv957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 11:16 AM
92hatchattack

Quote:
Originally Posted by msv957 View Post
How is Torts ruining Stepan and Hags? Torts has Hags on the first line with Gaborik and Richards while he had Stepan on the first for more than half the season last year. Then he moved Stepan to the 2nd line center near the end of the season. Both players had great top 6 ice time last year.
I think the system torts runs takes all creativety away from these young players. When Stepan first came in he was making great creative plays. He saw the ice well and took advantage. He played to his strengths.

But torts doesnt like this. He doesnt let his players be creative. He has them so afraid of making a mistake and has dumbed down their games to GRIND GRIND GRIND.... doesnt matter if you make nice plays or score goals, just GRIND GRIND GRIND......

The same with Zucca. This kid would be an amazing player on a team that would let him play to his strengths...

The reason this team has no offense is Torts.

This is my opinion and I am entitled to it.

92hatchattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 11:24 AM
Edge

20-20.

I'm not even going to respond to the Torts ruining young talent comments.

This team hasn't had this much youth come along and stick in the NHL in 20 years.

Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 11:25 AM
Fitzy
Relative to what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92hatchattack View Post
Hagelin would not have made as big an impact with any other coach in the league as he did with this one... his speed fits with Tortorella wants from him perfectly.

Stepan? 51 points 21 year old Stepan? Who he played with Gaborik more than half the season? Silly remark to make.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 11:26 AM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangerSince05 View Post

My expectations:
82 GP
30 goals
25 assists
55 points

I love Chris Kreider and I believe he's exactly the type of player(size and skill wise) that we should be building the team around. It will be great for him to go thru a full training camp and hopefully the league and the players can resolve their expected differences when the CBA expires on sept.15th.
I think your expectations are a little high for a 21 year old in his 1st season and so I would temper my expectations; say 20-23 goals and a like amount of assists would be great for him.
Looking very much forward to next year already provided Sather makes some constructive moves to make us bigger, more productive and tougher to play against in the playoffs from now on.

Drewbackatu* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 11:27 AM
-31-
portnor, pls

I'm not sure how much he'll get, but I do think it's great that he extended his season by 18 games. He played a total of 62 games this season, making it an easier transition to the NHL schedule. Stepan went from 41 to 82 games in his rookie year. Hagelin 44 to 81.

-31- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 11:28 AM
Rangers4Life74

i will admit that my expectations for him have gone up since the playoffs.however,hes still a rookie,still will hit a wall at same point over the 82 game regular season.

ill be happy with: 20 goals,20-25 assists while being responsible defensively

Rangers4Life74 is offline   Reply With Quote