HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Farewell Zuke! (Signs with KHL)

Closed Thread

Old
05-27-2012, 10:26 AM
JrSakic92

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerJack View Post
Another question for the experts:

IF the Rangers give Zuke a QO, but he signs for the KHL, the Rangers have the rights for him in the NHL. How long do they have his rights? I heard someone say that if the Rangers give him a QO, they have his rights until he is 27 years old? Is this true? In that case, he can play 2 years in KHL and then return to any NHL team that wants to give him a contract?

Btw, Zuke signed his contract with the Rangers May 25th or May 26th 2010. If the contract was 2 years, is it expired, or do all the NHL contracts end at July 1st?
I think it's like this:

If NYR offer him a contract, and he denies, NYR will be the only club with the rights to sign him until he's 27 if they don't trade his rights. Another NHL club could also top the QO NYR are willing to give him, but that is rare.

The best case for Zuke is that NYR doesn't QO him. That way he can sign with any NHL club after July 1st.

Old
05-27-2012, 03:10 PM
Glennsoe
Horndog

Having not followed the bush league called khl, when does theire season start?

Something smells about this case...If it's true that he even talked to another team while injured, he's not the team player he appears to be..

If this is is a pr stunt by the GM of the khl team and no deal is signed, the ****** - talk about puting the mouth on another player...

This is another case where outside "sources" has put a stink on zuke the last year...

Someone out there doesn't like him...

Old
05-27-2012, 03:19 PM
Maineice11

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Maineice11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennsoe View Post

Something smells about this case...If it's true that he even talked to another team while injured, he's not the team player he appears to be..

If this is is a pr stunt by the GM of the khl team and no deal is signed, the ****** - talk about puting the mouth on another player...

This is another case where outside "sources" has put a stink on zuke the last year...

i know some of these have been posted, but im posting them again....

as direct from a player we may ever get (if in fact the twitter accounts are run by the players)....

yesterday late morning early afternoon....

Quote:
Mats Zuccarello‏@zuccarello36

Its alot of romurs right now. I dont know yet were im going to play next year.

Mats Zuccarello‏@zuccarello36

Thanks 4 great support this season #whale fans and #NYR fans u r the best. I hope to see u next year in New York.

then today from Andrew Gross on who he thinks will be gone and who will be back...

Quote:
LW Mats Zuccarello (RS: 2 G, 1 A; P: Injured): Gone, reportedly already to the KHL
http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/r..._will_they_go/

most fans feel that he brings talent and works hard and should be given at least one more year

Old
05-27-2012, 04:11 PM
Kreider Typical
flex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennsoe View Post

Last season was 12 September 2011 25 April 2012
Start was delayed though

Old
05-27-2012, 08:30 PM
Oak
Hockey fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayBlues View Post
Well sure but his size would also be liability. On a team that's not overly big.

The obsession with him was ridiculous.
Power play had a noticeable improvement when he was in the lineup so I can see people talking. I thought he played well but I was not obsessed.

Old
05-27-2012, 08:41 PM
beastly115

Ugh. The worst part of all is this is now I get to listen to people here praise him alongside Ranger greats like Ortmeyer and Prucha. Damnit. We'll be hearing about this guy for years.

Old
05-28-2012, 03:31 AM
Ilovemymum
recreational MD

http://www.dn.se/sport/ishockey/ryss...-krig?rm=print

A little bit on Metallurg's Velitjkin conflict with Malkin (and the NHL) in Swedish. Would be very surpised if he ends up there, and disputed contracts are appearantly not news with this guy. Just doesn't make sense, moving from NY to this place for cash, as he have never been going for the money earlier.

Old
05-28-2012, 03:38 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunnelundefaret View Post
http://www.dn.se/sport/ishockey/ryss...-krig?rm=print

A little bit on Metallurg's Velitjkin conflict with Malkin (and the NHL) in Swedish. Would be very surpised if he ends up there, and disputed contracts are appearantly not news with this guy. Just doesn't make sense, moving from NY to this place for cash, as he have never been going for the money earlier.
irrelevant. Today are different rules like in 2004 or so. Amendments of civil law, labour law of Russian federation (due to Malkin case) + new rules of KHL (better than RSL had).

Old
05-28-2012, 03:52 AM
LordsCup*

He's not even going anywhere.

So he has a backup plan just in case the Rangers don't offer him a contract, big deal. He is smart if anything.

It just got blown up cause the stupid team decided to announce it like it was official when its about as far as official as could be. Very unprofessional from the team that leaked this. If I was Zuke I was pull out now of any potential deal in the future.

Zuke will be a Ranger next year.

Old
05-28-2012, 08:58 AM
Slayem
Lucky Zuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordsCup View Post
He's not even going anywhere.

So he has a backup plan just in case the Rangers don't offer him a contract, big deal. He is smart if anything.

It just got blown up cause the stupid team decided to announce it like it was official when its about as far as official as could be. Very unprofessional from the team that leaked this. If I was Zuke I was pull out now of any potential deal in the future.

Zuke will be a Ranger next year.
This is just what I`m thinking too.

Old
05-28-2012, 11:57 AM
Nickmo82

considering everybody keeps banging on about this team being low skilled, i think we should defo keep Zuke here. the majority of our forwards are grinder types and he'd providea little finesse. Certainly help out the PP anyways... and if he hadn't have been injured, he'd have played throughout the playoffs.

We need offense. End of story.

Old
05-28-2012, 12:38 PM
Big C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oak View Post
Power play had a noticeable improvement when he was in the lineup so I can see people talking. I thought he played well but I was not obsessed.
This.

We have to excuse the obsession from our norwegian friends, they're ridiculously biased, which is totally understandable.

Old
05-28-2012, 12:57 PM
Glennsoe
Horndog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big C View Post
This.

We have to excuse the obsession from our norwegian friends, they're ridiculously biased, which is totally understandable.
when our country has the total of ONE nhl players, it happens...

Old
05-28-2012, 01:09 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

He is gone

Old
05-28-2012, 01:13 PM
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
He is gone
I dont know for sure, do you?

Quote:
Steve Zipay‏@stevezipay

Doesn't sound like Zuccarello won't be back. Doesn't want two-way deal, wants op to play whole season, not go up and down

Old
05-28-2012, 01:23 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
I dont know for sure, do you?
Go read this comments.

Old
05-28-2012, 01:27 PM
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey

Quote:
Go read this comments.
Which comments?

Old
05-28-2012, 01:28 PM
NickyFotiu

Jim Cerny ‏@JimCerny
Quote:
Zuccarello: "I'm not going to lie, I have some opportunities, but this is where I want to be..I must think about what is best for me"
Quote:
Mats Zuccarello says: "I would love to be a NY Ranger, but I need to play...can't play 10 games...it's not enough for me"
Steve Zipay ‏@stevezipay
Quote:
In short, Zuke, who hasn't signed any deal with KHL, said: "I know I don't want this to be the same way next year."

Old
05-28-2012, 01:33 PM
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyFotiu View Post
Jim Cerny ‏@JimCerny

Steve Zipay ‏@stevezipay
Exactly, this was what i was leading to with my question to RB.
I heard his break up day interview, and to me he is just pushing for a one way deal, not saying he is out of here

Old
05-28-2012, 01:36 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Zuccarello doesn't want next season to be like this season. He wants to play more than 10 games. He doesn't want to bounce around from NY to the AHL to NY. He wants a 1 way contract. The quotes are on twitter.

Old
05-28-2012, 01:38 PM
NickyFotiu

Quote:
Zuccarello doesn't want next season to be like this season. He wants to play more than 10 games. He doesn't want to bounce around from NY to the AHL to NY. He wants a 1 way contract. The quotes are on twitter.
He also said multiple times this is where he wants to be. I guess that means its Slats/Torts decision whether they will offer him a NHL contract or not. I sure hope they do.

Old
05-28-2012, 01:41 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

http://rangers.lohudblogs.com/2012/0...carello-staal/

The audio is here

Old
05-28-2012, 01:53 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

I'm not his biggest fan and would have no problem letting him go. But, I HATE losing assets for nothing. Without reopening old arguments, I thought Zherdev should've been resigned, but what REALLY bothered me about how that played out is that we didn't get anything in return for him. Here's a kid who has a contract we control and whom we likely don't plan to use. That's fine. Trade him to a team that will give him a shot at the NHL level and get a pick in return.

Old
05-28-2012, 01:59 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

This is where he want to be BUT he also wants to play. He can make more money in the KHL than playing under a 2 way contract.

Old
05-28-2012, 02:03 PM
Glennsoe
Horndog

could we sign him and lend him out to say...modo if he has trouble making the team..

I'd love to see a 1 way deal on his table, but nyr has the ball in theire court right now..

I think he has earned it...

Either a 2 year deal 1 way or a 1 year 1 way deal should be offered...

Closed Thread