HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

So, who played hurt throughout the playoffs?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-28-2012, 02:06 AM
  #26
gardenparty
Registered User
 
gardenparty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 141
vCash: 500
Cally for sure. I recall an Ottawa player blasting a slap shot from the point that hit him in the hand or forearm, I can't recall which. I just remember saying "OMFG! - he's done" as he labored to the bench (and down the hall to get checked out by the trainers). I was shocked that Cally came back after that and, not surpringly, his production dropped like Facebook stock after that.

I'm pretty sure that Gaborik's pride hurts most, and I heard that one surgical procedure has already been completed. They've removed several large splinters from Marty Biron's butt.

gardenparty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 10:58 AM
  #27
CM PUNK
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,290
vCash: 500
so far from breakup day the ONLY injury mentioned is dubinsky who had a high ankle sprain and said he probably needs another 6-8 weeks to be fully healed so he returned still injured.

CM PUNK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 11:41 AM
  #28
turcotte8
Registered User
 
turcotte8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,871
vCash: 500
Rangers Report ‏@rangersreport

Gaborik had some sort of injury that might require a procedure but declined to say what.


Prust needs surgery on finger ligament he tore in a fight with Konopka during the season.

turcotte8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 11:45 AM
  #29
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls
 
Brian Boyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,245
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by turcotte8 View Post
Rangers Report ‏@rangersreport

Gaborik had some sort of injury that might require a procedure but declined to say what.

Brian Boyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 12:06 PM
  #30
mrjimmyg89
'13-'14 East Champs
 
mrjimmyg89's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,866
vCash: 500
Dan Rosen ‏@drosennhl
Callahan said he was fine, not hurt. Dubinsky said he had a high ankle sprain and it is not fully healed yet, needs another 6-8 weeks.

So was the Cally broken hand BS? I'm not so sure, but we'll see. Some players don't like to reveal they were hurt at all.

Obviously Dubi was hurt, but he did look good in the games he played. Another 6-8 weeks for two games played seems an awful lot.

Also, I'm pretty sure Gabby had some kind of a shoulder/arm issue. He wasn't shooting nearly as much as he was in the regular season and it's most likely because he was playing hurt.

Surprised there is nothing else from the defense. Guess it was just bruises and fatigue that got to them. Need another responsible defender for next season, maybe two.

mrjimmyg89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 12:08 PM
  #31
WhipNash27
Quattro!!
 
WhipNash27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Westchester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 15,533
vCash: 500
I'm hoping that the reason why Gaborik doesn't want to say what he's hurt with is because he doesn't want to use it as an excuse as to why he played bad.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 12:11 PM
  #32
mrjimmyg89
'13-'14 East Champs
 
mrjimmyg89's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,866
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubiSnacks17 View Post
I'm hoping that the reason why Gaborik doesn't want to say what he's hurt with is because he doesn't want to use it as an excuse as to why he played bad.
I believe that's why Cally didn't say anything. In the playoffs, everyone gets hurt/injured and play through it. Nobody wants to be the guy that puts up an excuse of being hurt for playing not up to their level.

mrjimmyg89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 12:33 PM
  #33
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!
 
ImIdaho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,151
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjimmyg89 View Post
I believe that's why Cally didn't say anything. In the playoffs, everyone gets hurt/injured and play through it. Nobody wants to be the guy that puts up an excuse of being hurt for playing not up to their level.
Honestly, there are maybe 3 players who could get away with saying they played injured: Dubinsky (He missed a few games as a result), Boyle (Concussion set him back offensively), and McDonagh (The hits he absorbed and some of the blocked shots that kid provided...wow).

ImIdaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 12:48 PM
  #34
nrf83
Registered User
 
nrf83's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: golf course
Country: United States
Posts: 784
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImIdaho View Post
Honestly, there are maybe 3 players who could get away with saying they played injured: Dubinsky (He missed a few games as a result), Boyle (Concussion set him back offensively), and McDonagh (The hits he absorbed and some of the blocked shots that kid provided...wow).
I'd add Stepan to this list; he never seemed to be right after knee on knee he took from Orpik;

nrf83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 02:06 PM
  #35
MacTruck
In Gordie We Trust
 
MacTruck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,925
vCash: 500
Dubi, Cally, Girardi, McD, Boyle, Stepan, Gabby are all definitely hurt.

I'm sure Bickel is still pulling splinters out of his ass from that 3OT game vs the Caps.

MacTruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 04:55 PM
  #36
Miller Time NYR
Wrong^
 
Miller Time NYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,793
vCash: 500
Having absolutely no heart isn't an injury, so gabby was 100%.

Miller Time NYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 05:08 PM
  #37
LordsCup*
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 794
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerdanger20 View Post
Having absolutely no heart isn't an injury, so gabby was 100%.
Did you watch the playoffs at all?

Guy was giving it is all 95% of the time. He slumped in the playoffs, he gripped the stick to tight, nothing was going right for him.

LordsCup* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 05:27 PM
  #38
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 15,193
vCash: 500
Gaborik wasn't hurt.

Every time he goes into a shell folks claim he's hurt.

He wasn't hurt. He wasn't intense.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 05:52 PM
  #39
Jabroni
The People's Champ
 
Jabroni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 6,687
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
Gaborik wasn't hurt.

Every time he goes into a shell folks claim he's hurt.

He wasn't hurt. He wasn't intense.
He said today that he was playing with an injury.

Jabroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 05:55 PM
  #40
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 15,193
vCash: 500
Nice excuse to hide behind.

Prust was injured.

Dubinsky was playing with a high ankle sprain.

Did it stop them from playing with heart and intensity?

What ever procedure he has isn't going to give him more desire to do what's necessary to win.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 06:07 PM
  #41
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls
 
Brian Boyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,245
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordsCup View Post
Did you watch the playoffs at all?

Guy was giving it is all 95% of the time. He slumped in the playoffs, he gripped the stick to tight, nothing was going right for him.
That's seems a little high. I'd say he gave it 75% 85% of the time.

Brian Boyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 06:21 PM
  #42
FromTheSide
Registered User
 
FromTheSide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 22,877
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FromTheSide Send a message via MSN to FromTheSide
Without gaborik, we don't get passed ottawa or washington. People will find ANYTHING to complain about

FromTheSide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 06:26 PM
  #43
Jabroni
The People's Champ
 
Jabroni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 6,687
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
Nice excuse to hide behind.

Prust was injured.

Dubinsky was playing with a high ankle sprain.

Did it stop them from playing with heart and intensity?

What ever procedure he has isn't going to give him more desire to do what's necessary to win.
He didn't make it an excuse, that's why he played through it.

Still, I am not disagreeing with you that he should play with some more desire.

Jabroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 06:29 PM
  #44
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 31,865
vCash: 500
Watch Gaborik needs shoulder surgery

Quote:
Amid speculation that the Slovakian right winger, who scored 41 goals in his third season with the Rangers, injured his shoulder early in the postseason, Gaborik was asked Monday if he needed any medical treatment or procedures this summer.

"I don't want to talk about it," he said. "I'll know in a few days."
http://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey...aled-1.3746830

The guy didn't miss a game all year. If he was injured,he played with the injury. He didn't sit out.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 07:22 PM
  #45
White Plains Batman
Faceoffs? Faceoffs!!
 
White Plains Batman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Westchester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 2,646
vCash: 500
To be fair, in game 4 or 5 of the OTT series, he did crash into the boards, went back to the bench and was in noticeable pain. Might have torn his shoulder. Who knows...we'll find out in a few days.

White Plains Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 08:14 PM
  #46
HeaveHo94
PSN: NYC_RANGERS_94
 
HeaveHo94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NY NEW YORK
Country: United States
Posts: 2,333
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromTheSide View Post
Without gaborik, we don't get passed ottawa or washington. People will find ANYTHING to complain about
i know, i love the LETS DUMP HIM threads...

HeaveHo94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 09:01 PM
  #47
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 15,193
vCash: 500
He NEEDS to play hard. Plain and simple.

Its the same damn argument about him every summer, and every few days in the season.

When he's moving his feet, engaged, and intense, he's an elite player that can dominate a game.

And those are the things he needs to do to be successful and for the Rangers to be successful.

The problem is, he picks and choses when he wants do to what's necessary.

Your top guys NEED to be your top guys.

If his shoulder is indeed injured and he requires surgery. Get it done now. Rehab it now. And be ****ing ready to work your ass off for your team when the lockout breaks.

We can't afford to have him floating and loafing around game in and game out.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 09:18 PM
  #48
Jabroni
The People's Champ
 
Jabroni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 6,687
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
He NEEDS to play hard. Plain and simple.

Its the same damn argument about him every summer, and every few days in the season.

When he's moving his feet, engaged, and intense, he's an elite player that can dominate a game.

And those are the things he needs to do to be successful and for the Rangers to be successful.

The problem is, he picks and choses when he wants do to what's necessary.

Your top guys NEED to be your top guys.

If his shoulder is indeed injured and he requires surgery. Get it done now. Rehab it now. And be ****ing ready to work your ass off for your team when the lockout breaks.


We can't afford to have him floating and loafing around game in and game out.
Agreed. He has to be better. No questions asked.

Jabroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 09:21 PM
  #49
nevesis
#30
 
nevesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 8,876
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
He NEEDS to play hard. Plain and simple.

Its the same damn argument about him every summer, and every few days in the season.

When he's moving his feet, engaged, and intense, he's an elite player that can dominate a game.

And those are the things he needs to do to be successful and for the Rangers to be successful.

The problem is, he picks and choses when he wants do to what's necessary.

Your top guys NEED to be your top guys.

If his shoulder is indeed injured and he requires surgery. Get it done now. Rehab it now. And be ****ing ready to work your ass off for your team when the lockout breaks.

We can't afford to have him floating and loafing around game in and game out.
****ing 100% truth. The dude gets paid $7 million, literally $80,000 per game and he DOESN'T move his feet, or skate hard every shift? I can't understand it.

I love Gaborik, and want to see him succeed. It's just hard to defend someone who can be paid such an absurd amount and not work his ass off ALL the time.

Every time I take a shift, I bust my ass because I'm super competitive and HATE to lose. I'm selfish and I want to score more goals than everyone else on the ice. I want him to have that same demeanor.

nevesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 09:39 PM
  #50
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 15,689
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
That's seems a little high. I'd say he gave it 75% 85% of the time.
That sounds more like it. I remember late in the series I actually saw him finish a check and was actually surprised. If only he could have buried a few more of his chances.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:18 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.