HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Girardi's Brain Dead Play in OT, COST US THE GAME!

Old
05-26-2012, 11:53 AM
Thunderhead

vCash: 613
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImIdaho View Post
What's so funny about that POS going after Sauer's head? A defensive defenseman that clearly was needed as the playoffs progressed.

who was the pos ?

Thunderhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 11:55 AM
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderhead View Post
who was the pos ?

Notice how their commentators get a good chuckle out of it too.

ImIdaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 11:56 AM
Kershaw

Quote:

Notice how their commentators get a good chuckle out of it too.
Disgusting.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 12:24 PM
Thunderhead

vCash: 613
disgusting indeed .

Thunderhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 12:44 PM
Liferleafer
Bring on Stome-afin!

Quote:
What's so funny about that POS going after Sauer's head? A defensive defenseman that clearly was needed as the playoffs progressed.
Whoa whoa whoa...i meant funny the way you posted it, i'm not laughing at the incident. I in no way am trying to troll here and if that was how my post was percieved i apologise.

Liferleafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 12:45 PM
DonCherrysSuit
Powerplay Pass Party

Girardi has been playing out of his mind all season and POs. Easily the second best player on the team after Hank.

Bill Buckner he is not.

DonCherrysSuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 02:14 PM
eco's bones

For anyone who has ever played--when you lose you tend to think about the things you might have done that could possibly have changed the outcome and you may go over several of your own shifts. Hockey is a game of mistakes and what ifs. Yours might not have been the deciding play but you still go over potential missed opportunities--so you can rest assured that Girardi feels bad about that play but there are other players thinking about some things too.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 02:25 PM
HeaveHo94
PSN: NYC_RANGERS_94

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikC View Post
Nhl network was breaking down the play in slow motion...

As the scrum ensues and bodies are falling around lundqvist,
Danny G. skates AROUND THE NET TO THE OTHER SIDE LEAVING LUNDQVIST EXPOSED ON THE LEFT SIDE FOR HENRIQUE TO KNOCK IT IN!!!

he never gets that chance if Giardi doesn't make that play.

Say what you want about lack of scoring and you're right, but for a defensive team, our defense lost these last three games...

That and LUndqvist being average
yawn, we can play this game all day . no one is responsible for costing the nyr the game. this is sports, they show that in slow motion, do u realize how fast the game is for the players? and its not "US" its them. u people, gezzz.

HeaveHo94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 03:15 PM
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
If people want to blame somebody--blame everybody. You win--you lose as a team.

If Staal didn't get caught flatfooted. If Gaborik had been more of a force. If Hagelin had back checked better. If Kreider would have shot and not passed. If Richards had gone high instead of shot into Brodeur's pads. If Fedotenko hadn't been called for tripping. If Henrik hadn't left a small gap for the puck between his pads. **** happens or it doesn't and it doesn't matter now.
It's a ok to be critical, if it is constructive analysis. That's needed to take the next step and grow.

That said, while I am on record as suggesting to move Girardi for a sniper, I take this moment to applaud Danny G on a truly brilliant season.

He is part of the solution, not part of the problem BUT
he or anybody else on this team should be moved for a more effective solution, if that opportunity presents itself.

bernmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 06:25 PM
shon

I can not believe any one is blame Girardi , have you watched the play , it is clearly RICHARDS the screwed up.

shon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 06:30 PM
shon

I can't believe any one can blame G man for anything , if it wasn't for him there would be no game 6. If I remember it was Staal and DZ on for many goals against.

shon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 07:15 PM
Kershaw

I can't believe people are blaming Girardi for our loss. Yes he looked terrible in his own end at times in the Devils series, but he made up for the offense he provided and I'm giving him a shorter ride since Torts overused him in the regular season. He is a special player and an all star.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2012, 09:50 AM
TKG
Registered Excuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strauss View Post
I don't care what the inside-the-net camera showed! From where the ref was standing, the play should've been blown dead!

I'm not saying it was aliens, but it was a bad no-call!

'Nuff said.

This is what I wondered. If it's Fatty, that is blown on the intent play.

Battle tested bunch now. No need to sulk. Get goal scoring be back better than ever.

TKG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2012, 12:25 PM
mandiblesofdoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by shon View Post
I can't believe any one can blame G man for anything , if it wasn't for him there would be no game 6. If I remember it was Staal and DZ on for many goals against.
Love Girardi. The question is, though, does he bear blame for the last goal. I think so, along with several other Rangers. Here's Rick Carpiniello:

Quote:
That elimination goal really shouldn’t have happened. Just so many breakdowns by so many people, starting with the Brad Richards turnover at center ice—the cardinal sin vs. the Devils—then complicated by the right defenseman (Dan Girardi) over-pursuing to the left boards and getting trapped there, then choosing behind-the-net as his path back. Then Ryan McDonagh going down to the ice, Marian Gaborik kicking the puck twice but not getting it out of trouble, then Carl Hagelin and Brad Richards both ignoring Adam Henrique in the crease behind Henrik Lundqvist … when a little shove, or any sort of stick or physical challenge probably prevents Henrique from that tap-in. Looked like previous years’ Rangers defense. This year they stayed on their feet more, and took the man more … and they stopped doing that on the final play of the year.
That goal sucked.

Last edited by mandiblesofdoom: 05-29-2012 at 12:49 PM.
mandiblesofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2012, 12:46 PM
FOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by shon View Post
I can not believe any one is blame Girardi , have you watched the play , it is clearly RICHARDS the screwed up.
Complete defensive breakdown by all 5 skaters and Lundqvist. However, Gaborik once again had a chance to clear the puck and made a weak attempt. As far as Girardi, after watching the goal a million times I have a different take. Although not an excuse and still a bad play, since the puck was in the crease for so long it appears Girardi lost sight of the puck the entire scramble. I believe he assumed that the ref was going to blow the play dead. After the goal you can see Girardi immediately look at the ref questioning the goal. Still, Henrique was his man. Play to the whistle.

FOD is offline   Reply With Quote