HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Boston/ducks

Old
05-27-2012, 10:24 PM
Gliff
Wild Bill

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Ryan Getzlaf View Post
Krejci+Hamilton+1st for Ryan. Very steep, I know, but that's the point.
Sorry but this is the biggest homer statement in this thread....

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinswincup View Post
I wouldn't do Hamilton for Ryan.
Nevermind this is....

Gliff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 09:23 AM
Dr Quincy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucic View Post
What about the other 310 games?

Bobby Ryan stats-
57(rookie, 64 games)

David Krejci-
27(rookie, 56 games)

I know Ryan is younger,(by a year,) but honestly, there isn't even a huge difference between Krejci and Ryan. Then you want to add Hamilton and a first.

(Don't get me wrong, Krejci for Ryan would be an absolute robbery for Boston, but your offer was crazy.)
His offer was totally nuts, but your stats are completely flawed. Don't look at points, look at goals. Goals are the rarer occurrence so their value is greater than an assist.

Ryan has 55 more goals despite being a year young.

Krejci in the last 4 years avgs 18 goals. Ryan has average 33.

That my friend is a huge difference.

Dr Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 09:25 AM
Dr Quincy

Quote:
I rethought it and dropped the first, but when you're dealing with a 25 year old who has 4 30 goal seasons under his belt, "gross overpayment" is the return you're gonna need.
The sticking point wouldn't be the 1st, it would be Hamilton. Krejci + any B's prospect not named Hamilton and a 1st would be fair, but doubt either team does it.

Dr Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 04:04 PM
jmeehan1985

People say like 30 goals in the NHL is hard to come by. There was 30 players with 30 plus goals and 59 players with 25 plus goals. So Hamilton and Krejci isn't happening sorry. Krejci a prospect and maybe a pick is plenty for Ryan

jmeehan1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 04:16 PM
Gliff
Wild Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmeehan1985 View Post
People say like 30 goals in the NHL is hard to come by. There was 30 players with 30 plus goals and 59 players with 25 plus goals. So Hamilton and Krejci isn't happening sorry. Krejci a prospect and maybe a pick is plenty for Ryan
How mnay have done it for their first 4 years straight in the NHL?

Not saying Krejci and Hamilton is fair value but dont undervalue Bobby.

Gliff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 04:22 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by gliff View Post

It is fair value. It's just that Boston doesn't want to part with Hamilton.

Exit Dose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 04:32 PM
jmeehan1985

Quote:

I don't under value him that's why I offered krejci and Boychuk

Last edited by jmeehan1985: 05-28-2012 at 04:54 PM.
Old
05-28-2012, 04:33 PM
Hampe
The Hampster

Quote:
I rethought it and dropped the first, but when you're dealing with a 25 year old who has 4 30 goal seasons under his belt, "gross overpayment" is the return you're gonna need.
The offer was pretty crazy, but I agree with you here.

No way we'd give up Bobby for anything less than an overpayment. It wouldn't make any sense for us.

Hampe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 06:13 PM
Sean Garrity
#51in15 eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmeehan1985;50248121[B
]People say like 30 goals in the NHL is hard to come by.[/B] There was 30 players with 30 plus goals and 59 players with 25 plus goals. So Hamilton and Krejci isn't happening sorry. Krejci a prospect and maybe a pick is plenty for Ryan
Ok, so do some math in relation to the percentage of NHLers that is that scored 30 goals this season... 30 goals is extremely hard to come by.

Sean Garrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 06:21 PM
Gibsons Finest
Beast

Quote:
Sorry but this is the biggest homer statement in this thread....

Nevermind this is....
The offer wasn't meant to be serious, or one that I would expect to be accepted. There's no reason to trade Bobby and Boston's a terrible fit for what we would want anyway. So, they want him, gross overpayment indeed.

Gibsons Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 06:30 PM
jmeehan1985

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPGallINYAface View Post
Ok, so do some math in relation to the percentage of NHLers that is that scored 30 goals this season... 30 goals is extremely hard to come by.
Considering goals were low this year 30 players with 30 goals is alot. Extremely hard is 40 plus.

Old
05-28-2012, 06:39 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

vCash: 50
Quote:
There's a difference between scoring 30 goals in a season, and scoring 30 goals every season. There are few goal scorers with that kind of consistency, and even fewer that have that kind of consistency without 1st unit PP time.

Sojourn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 06:40 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Considering goals were low this year 30 players with 30 goals is alot. Extremely hard is 40 plus.
Maybe you should make an offer on one of those guys, then. Anaheim places a high value on someone that scores 30 goals every year.

Old
05-28-2012, 06:47 PM
Dellstrom
We Like Eich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Quincy View Post
His offer was totally nuts, but your stats are completely flawed. Don't look at points, look at goals. Goals are the rarer occurrence so their value is greater than an assist.

Ryan has 55 more goals despite being a year young.

Krejci in the last 4 years avgs 18 goals. Ryan has average 33.

That my friend is a huge difference.
Krejci is a playmaker, Ryan is a goal scorer.

Put Krejci on the wing and feed him passes and he'll score 30. He can score 15-20 and still get 40-50 assists.

Dellstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 06:51 PM
jmeehan1985

I want Ryan for PP. He's hit 70 pts once. I think Krejci and Boychuk is fair value. Ryan is not untouchable. Krejci is a similar player to Ryan. Krejci doesn't shoot that's why he isn't a consistent 30 goal scorer but he is a consistent 60 to 70 point player just like Ryan.

Old
05-28-2012, 06:51 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Krejci is a playmaker, Ryan is a goal scorer.

Put Krejci on the wing and feed him passes and he'll score 30. He can score 15-20 and still get 40-50 assists.
Good thing you don't need to prove your statement, huh?

Sojourn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 06:55 PM
IrishPaulie
Sooshii is AWESOME!!

Send a message via AIM to IrishPaulie
Quote:
I want Ryan for PP. He's hit 70 pts once. I think Krejci and Boychuk is fair value. Ryan is not untouchable. Krejci is a similar player to Ryan. Krejci doesn't shoot that's why he isn't a consistent 30 goal scorer but he is a consistent 60 to 70 point player just like Ryan.
Boston is not in a position to trade a defensemen without taking one back.

IrishPaulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 07:01 PM
jmeehan1985

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishPaulie View Post
Boston is not in a position to trade a defensemen without taking one back.
What?
Chara/Seids
Ference/Hamilton
Mcquaid/ Krug or a signed free agent
Sign Zanon as your number 7
If you can gets top 6 forward see ya Boychuk

Old
05-28-2012, 07:02 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
If he'd be a consistent goal scorer on the wing, then you don't need to trade for Ryan. Just move him to the wing.

We don't need to move Ryan. It's going to take an overpayment of players we want to get him out of Anaheim. If our price for Toronto was Kessel and Grabovski, then you can safely assume that we're not looking for 'fair value'.

Old
05-28-2012, 07:08 PM
IrishPaulie
Sooshii is AWESOME!!

Quote:
What?
Chara/Seids
Ference/Hamilton
Mcquaid/ Krug or a signed free agent
Sign Zanon as your number 7
If you can gets top 6 forward see ya Boychuk
You want to run with two rookies?

Happy you're not our GM.

Old
05-28-2012, 07:14 PM
jmeehan1985

Quote:
You want to run with two rookies?

Happy you're not our GM.
There paying Krug 1.2 million if they didn't like him they wouldn't pay him. Hamilton was the Defensemen player of the year. If you read I said sign a free agent to krugs spot

Old
05-28-2012, 07:27 PM
IrishPaulie
Sooshii is AWESOME!!

Quote:
There paying Krug 1.2 million if they didn't like him they wouldn't pay him. Hamilton was the Defensemen player of the year. If you read I said sign a free agent to krugs spot
You're trading 20+ minutes of proven 2nd pairing D-man and replacing it with either:

A.- The OHL (also won CHL but besides the point) D-man of the year. Last I checked JR hockey hardly compares to pro. He's a fantastic prospect but some people are getting way ahead of themselves with expectations. Julien also isn't known for handing spots to rookies or playing them heavy minutes IE Seguin started on 3rd line, Marchand 4th line.

B.- Krug. Who is likely our #7 change of pace D-man. He has a very similar skill set to Kampfer and will likely be used the same way.

C.- A UFA to be signed later? You don't trade a #3/4 D-man who gives you 20+ minutes a night without knowing you have something reliable to replace him with. This UFA market is extremely weak and after Suter the names out there on D aren't overly appealing. Boston would also be up with their backs against the wall with little cap room and a desperate need to compete with every other team looking for D-men. Not an Ideal situation.

Boston doesn't have the defensive depth to trade a middle pairing D-man without getting a similar player back. That D you listed would most likely struggle mightily and all the Bruins would have accomplished is trading out Krejci's ~20 goals for Ryan's ~30. If Boston is trading they're trading from where they have strength: Center (still debatable because Kelly may walk and the brass may not see Seguin as a center) and Goaltending.

Old
05-28-2012, 07:44 PM
jmeehan1985

Quote:
You're trading 20+ minutes of proven 2nd pairing D-man and replacing it with either:

A.- The OHL (also won CHL but besides the point) D-man of the year. Last I checked JR hockey hardly compares to pro. He's a fantastic prospect but some people are getting way ahead of themselves with expectations. Julien also isn't known for handing spots to rookies or playing them heavy minutes IE Seguin started on 3rd line, Marchand 4th line.

B.- Krug. Who is likely our #7 change of pace D-man. He has a very similar skill set to Kampfer and will likely be used the same way.

C.- A UFA to be signed later? You don't trade a #3/4 D-man who gives you 20+ minutes a night without knowing you have something reliable to replace him with. This UFA market is extremely weak and after Suter the names out there on D aren't overly appealing. Boston would also be up with their backs against the wall with little cap room and a desperate need to compete with every other team looking for D-men. Not an Ideal situation.

Boston doesn't have the defensive depth to trade a middle pairing D-man without getting a similar player back. That D you listed would most likely struggle mightily and all the Bruins would have accomplished is trading out Krejci's ~20 goals for Ryan's ~30. If Boston is trading they're trading from where they have strength: Center (still debatable because Kelly may walk and the brass may not see Seguin as a center) and Goaltending.
This is your opinion. We have 5 mil without Savard on IR. With Savard its 9 mil not to mention the caps going up. So up against the cap not so sure about that. If they didn't like Krug they wouldn't pay him that money. Bostons Defense os good enough to trade Boychuk. Look at it what ever way you want its your opinion. Mine is Hamilton will fit in very nice so that's a solid 5 D with one to replace.

Old
05-28-2012, 10:27 PM
PatriceBergeronFan
U.S. Army Hooah!

Quote:
Ryan, maybe. Perry would cost more than Nash. No reason for them to trade him.
This.

Sheesh, OP realllly wants the Bruins to trade for a star with all of these proposals....

PatriceBergeronFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 11:36 PM
CanadianBruinsFan

Even mentioning Perry's name in trade proposals is preposterous. He was the MVP 2 years ago! Anaheim has 0 reason to trade him. I think it's similar for Ryan. Unless they get a stud D in return and a pick they're not doing it. Taking Krejci would be pointless to them. Who is he going to set up with Perry on Getzlaf's line? The only way an Anaheim-Boston trade happens for Ryan is if they're getting Hamilton in return, which just flat out isn't going to happen.

CanadianBruinsFan is offline   Reply With Quote