HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012 Stanley Cup Final - Los Angeles Kings vs. New Jersey Devils

Old
05-28-2012, 06:09 PM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

vCash: 500
Hope some of the Kings Dman employ the fake slapshot dump/shot on goal tactic to try and catch Brodeur leaving the net early. Just do it a couple of times in game 1 to get it into his head that he cant leave the net so willingly, and hopefully that will let the Kings forecheck go to work

Muzzinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 06:44 PM
DocWest
2012 & 2014 Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tundra View Post
The flyer fans told us the same thing about their unstoppable line of Jagr-Giroux-Hartnell. Too tough down low they said.
You do know the Kings are nothing like the Flyers, right? Devils fans keep using that series as a reason why the Kings should be worried about playing them when in reality, Philly's system couldn't be more different than ours.

DocWest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 06:47 PM
Tundra

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocWest View Post
You do know the Kings are nothing like the Flyers, right? Devils fans keep using that series as a reason why the Kings should be worried about playing them when in reality, Philly's system couldn't be more different than ours.
I was talking about one of the most productive lines in the NHL, who happen to play in Philadelphia. The Kopitar line is not going to steamroll the devils. Other kings have to step up and they certainly are capable of doing so.

Tundra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 06:54 PM
driller1
Dry Island Reject

Quote:
I was talking about one of the most productive lines in the NHL, who happen to play in Philadelphia. The Kopitar line is not going to steamroll the devils. Other kings have to step up and they certainly are capable of doing so.
I think Kopitar's production will be a function of how Doughty plays more than anything. Philly's problem was they couldn't get the puck out of their defensive zone. While the production wasn't there for the Philly forwards, the main cause of it was because of their lack of puck moving ability more than NJ shutting anyone down.

driller1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 07:01 PM
nocturn

Quote:
Originally Posted by driller1 View Post
I think Kopitar's production will be a function of how Doughty plays more than anything. Philly's problem was they couldn't get the puck out of their defensive zone. While the production wasn't there for the Philly forwards, the main cause of it was because of their lack of puck moving ability more than NJ shutting anyone down.
And Bryz was hot/cold all series.

nocturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 07:04 PM
DocWest
2012 & 2014 Champs

Quote:
Very true. The Kings have never had a line that was dominant every single game of a series, so they are used to having other guys/lines pick up the slack when they are shut down and become less effective.

DocWest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 07:08 PM
Tundra

Quote:
That's why I earlier said that Doughty can make a huge difference. He can retrieve pucks and ignite the transition unlike any other player on either team.

Old
05-28-2012, 07:27 PM
Flyers Time

Go Richie Carts Williams Gagne Stevens Hextall

Thanks Ed Snider

Flyers Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 07:35 PM
BigBrown
They did it again!

The wait is killing me.

BigBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 07:58 PM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
The flyer fans told us the same thing about their unstoppable line of Jagr-Giroux-Hartnell. Too tough down low they said.
Not the sane ones.

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 08:42 PM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieGirl View Post
Not the sane ones.
Right.. the sane ones would have waxed on about how Bryzgalov is not the answer in goal and their D was a hot mess without Pronger.

I do think the Devils will be a tough team. Certainly as tough a match-up as the Kings have had so far given they're healthy (particularly if Tallinder comes back for the Finals) and have some real scoring threats.

The Devils will have their hands full with the Kings as well. I've linked to those possession charts JFTC came up with during each series because they tell the story - it's really, really hard to shut down 3 scoring lines, and I'll take the Kings D over the Devils D any day of the week.

Some line matching observations and predictions:

http://www.jewelsfromthecrown.com/20...hing-nj-devils

TonySCV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 10:03 PM
Skrimpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperAlmeida View Post
We are the underdogs.

10-6 in Devils' favour (NHL experts)!
A team with no offense had them on the ropes twice and blew it, twice. Your boys got this. I'd have rather my boys lost to yours than these guys.

Skrimpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 10:17 PM
Skrimpy

Quote:
Philly would be really scary if they had a good goalie, Giroux wasn't playing injured and Pronger had been playing. Otherwise, any team that made the second round would have an easy time. The LA of this round and the Philly of the second round aren't even close to comparable.

Old
05-28-2012, 10:18 PM
yankeeking

we are underdogs because of east coast bias ,and before you talk cany crap I am from washington heights in N.Y.C., they either do not watch us or just can't believe hockey is better in the west, whatever, you can hear it in the reporting on almost every show and if not for JR and Melrose we would not get any love. Today on nhl live they were glowing about how the devils were built right with eight of their draft choices on the roster but competely glosed over the fact we have 12 playing for us and 1 playing for them, just typical of how they see this series going,. Just as well it will be a great series and should we prevail it will be even sweeter GO KINGS GO

yankeeking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 10:24 PM
Tundra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skrimpy View Post
Philly would be really scary if they had a good goalie, Giroux wasn't playing injured and Pronger had been playing. Otherwise, any team that made the second round would have an easy time. The LA of this round and the Philly of the second round aren't even close to comparable.
Philly's problem was their backend. Carle and a few others were atrocious under the duress of the forecheck. Secondly, Bryzgalov was probably the Flyers best player considering the ice was tilted in the devils favor for most of the games.

Old
05-28-2012, 10:27 PM
Skrimpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeeking View Post
we are underdogs because of east coast bias ,and before you talk cany crap I am from washington heights in N.Y.C., they either do not watch us or just can't believe hockey is better in the west, whatever, you can hear it in the reporting on almost every show and if not for JR and Melrose we would not get any love. Today on nhl live they were glowing about how the devils were built right with eight of their draft choices on the roster but competely glosed over the fact we have 12 playing for us and 1 playing for them, just typical of how they see this series going,. Just as well it will be a great series and should we prevail it will be even sweeter GO KINGS GO
My Ranger bias wants the Kings to beat the crap out of them in 4. My hockey brain thinks they will do it in 6.

Old
05-28-2012, 10:30 PM
Skrimpy

Quote:
Philly's problem was their backend. Carle and a few others were atrocious under the duress of the forecheck. Secondly, Bryzgalov was probably the Flyers best player considering the ice was tilted in the devils favor for most of the games.
...and Bryz was atrocious. I think there were a lot of injuries there. The team the Devils faced was not the same team the Rangers barely beat in January.

Old
05-28-2012, 10:36 PM
Tundra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skrimpy View Post
...and Bryz was atrocious. I think there were a lot of injuries there. The team the Devils faced was not the same team the Rangers barely beat in January.
Nah. Bryzgalov actually played pretty solid. He played excellently in game 2 until his team folded in the third. He had close to 40 saves in game 4, when the devils could have easily netted 7 or 8 goals.

He was basically left alone to fend for himself back there for the entire series. Coburn was the only defenseman back there who was competent. The flyers were consistently turning over pucks in the corners and behind the net. It was a feeding frenzy with Bryzgalov stuck in the middle of it.

Old
05-29-2012, 07:10 AM
chimrichalds18
the key

The Flyers also have very few forwards who are responsible in each zone of the ice. Briere alone got absolutely torched in both series.

That's not an issue at all for the Kings. There really should be no comparison of the two teams.

chimrichalds18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2012, 12:12 PM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

Quote:
Originally Posted by RespectTheMajor View Post
Flyers fan asking permission to come aboard the bandwagon!!!
Welcome aboard!

Rorschach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2012, 12:16 PM
Rocket Richard
Proud Canadian!!!!!

I like Brodeur, but I'm cheering for the KINGS!

Rocket Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2012, 12:19 PM
Erza Scarlet
following the mantle

I don't think you guys care but Dean Lombardi will be on Hockey Central fan 590 in a few minutes if you guys want to hear him talk.

Erza Scarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2012, 12:20 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erza Scarlet View Post
I don't think you guys care but Dean Lombardi will be on Hockey Central fan 590 in a few minutes if you guys want to hear him talk.
Thanks for the heads up

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2012, 12:28 PM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

Fan 590: http://player.rogersradio.ca/cjcl/on_air

Old
05-29-2012, 12:42 PM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

Kings on the ice in Jersey...

Last edited by TonySCV: 05-29-2012 at 12:50 PM.