HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OK Flyers fans, who you rooting for?

View Poll Results: As a Flyers fan, who are you rooting for in the SCF?
Kings 96 70.59%
Devils 40 29.41%
Voters: 136. You may not vote on this poll

Old
05-28-2012, 10:57 PM
GoneFullHextall
RIP Andy B.

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by hckyplayer8 View Post
Got to question any "fans" loyalty when they would rather root for a heated conference rival, rather than root for an ex player.

Pretty nauseating that I am seeing a lot of NJ support.

Those people must have missed the 90's and early turn of the century.
you know who else is a former Flyer that is in the Kings front office? Ron Hextall. He is pretty loved around Philly. Still not enough.
If the Kings win its going to be pretty ****ing hilarious to see people flip their ****

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 10:57 PM
funghoul
retardo montalbon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Got to question any "fans" loyalty when they would rather root for a heated conference rival, rather than root for an ex player.

Pretty nauseating that I am seeing a lot of NJ support.

Those people must have missed the 90's and early turn of the century.
no. i was here. i just like the moves we made during the summer. the ones you'll never shut up about if the kings win. You can bring up the 90's like you weren't 5 years old all you want but your the type of dude i want the kings to lose for. It's funny that you bring up "loyalty" yet i've never seen somebody talk more **** about their own supposed team than you.

funghoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 11:02 PM
hckyplayer8
He's Gone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFullHolmgren View Post
you know who else is a former Flyer that is in the Kings front office? Ron Hextall. He is pretty loved around Philly. Still not enough.
If the Kings win its going to be pretty ****ing hilarious to see people flip their ****
Its baffling. All because one guy is injury prone and its affected his post season numbers.

Simon is so injury prone also, causing him to have mediocre post season numbers, and he is a fan favorite.

hckyplayer8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 11:05 PM
funghoul
retardo montalbon

Quote:
Its baffling. All because one guy is injury prone and its affected his post season numbers.

Simon is so injury prone also, causing him to have mediocre post season numbers, and he is a fan favorite.
Nice avatar , tard. you hardcore flyers fan, you.

funghoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 11:12 PM
hckyplayer8
He's Gone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by funghoul View Post
no. i was here. i just like the moves we made during the summer. the ones you'll never shut up about if the kings win. You can bring up the 90's like you weren't 5 years old all you want but your the type of dude i want the kings to lose for. It's funny that you bring up "loyalty" yet i've never seen somebody talk more **** about their own supposed team than you.
I talk **** on Bryz because the guy has been complete garbage.

He did nothing to improve the team this year. Nothing. Zip. Zero. Zilch. Nadda.

All the while of being complete garbage, he tells the fans and media that we shouldn't worry about him.

The sad part is some people like yourself would rather defend this guy and make excuses for him, but when it comes to Richards and Carter; you'd behead them everyday of the week and twice on Sunday.

Richards and Carter have both posted one of their best post season performances. Its non debatable. Both have GWG's. Both have improved their team tenfold.

You know who else has improved their team? Simmonds, Jake, Schenn, Couts and Grossman.

The only one that really hasn't shown to be an improvement is Bryz and thus he gets more criticism than the others.

You and others want the critiques to shut up? Then your boy better start performing.

Last edited by hckyplayer8: 05-29-2012 at 09:53 AM. Reason: grammar
Old
05-29-2012, 07:47 AM
ilovetheflyers8

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNote View Post
I'm not even sure Gags would get his name engraved on the Cup.
Unless he comes back for the finals and plays a game or the team asks the NHL for an exception he won't. It's either at least 41 or 42 games or at least one game in the playoffs.

I said the Kings because I dislike the Devils and Martin Brodeur.

ilovetheflyers8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2012, 08:36 AM
kicksave27

The kings. More so because I hate the devils than I'd like to see Richie and Carter win.

kicksave27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2012, 09:09 AM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:

The boston series i complained about was the one in 2011. he sucked and we lost. as far as players wanting to win and not, come on. that's ridiculous. Im a Flyers fan not a bleeding heart. If any of the guys we got back in those trades don't win i'll throw them in the pile of other losers who didn't win a cup here. I'm not saying you can't root for richards. good for you. I'm glad you love richards and carter so much. sounds great. richards and carter.....jesus christ.
right on! add them to the list of all the other losers who didn't win a cup here like Lindros, Hextall, Leclair, Desjardins, Primeau, Brind'Amour, Propp, Kerr and Howe

FlyersFan61290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2012, 09:11 AM
Cmoneyflyguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillDineen View Post
How could anyone ever cheer for the Devils?
this
WTF?

Cmoneyflyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2012, 09:24 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Interesting finals for you guys

Some key pieces on this Kings teams come from the Flyers.

Where do the Flyers fans fall.... do you root for the Richie and the Kings?

Does it help that the Devils are the opponent?

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2012, 11:27 AM
Amaro out

vCash: 230
I dont want to see any team win the cup until the Flyers do. I will not be happy either way.

856 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2012, 11:27 AM
GoneFullHextall
RIP Andy B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am Chariot View Post
Some key pieces on this Kings teams come from the Flyers.

Where do the Flyers fans fall.... do you root for the Richie and the Kings?

Does it help that the Devils are the opponent?
you need to read this thread. We have Flyer fans who hate Jeff Carter and Mike Richards so much they are rooting for NJ. Personally i think its stupid to hold a grudge on a player so bad you are rooting for a division rival.
I loved Ritchie when he was here. Carter was never my favorite when he was in Philly but I dont hate him.
Someone should start a thread on the main board and ask take 2 players off your team. One guy who was a favorite and one not so much and put them on a western conference team that is in the Cup Final. Would you root for the division rival over the western team with your former players on it? Just curuous how it would turn out.

Old
05-29-2012, 11:33 AM
Ryker

Quote:
you need to read this thread. We have Flyer fans who hate Jeff Carter and Mike Richards so much they are rooting for NJ. Personally i think its stupid to hold a grudge on a player so bad you are rooting for a division rival.
I loved Ritchie when he was here. Carter was never my favorite when he was in Philly but I dont hate him.
Yeah, not everyone who's rooting for the Devils is doing it for that reason, though. Personally, Carter was my favourite player while here, and I'm still not even close to rooting for the Kings.

Ryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2012, 11:39 AM
GoneFullHextall
RIP Andy B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryker View Post
Yeah, not everyone who's rooting for the Devils is doing it for that reason, though. Personally, Carter was my favourite player while here, and I'm still not even close to rooting for the Kings.
why then? makes little sense to me why anyone would root for a divisional rival in a Cup Final.

Old
05-29-2012, 11:43 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Provolone & The Neck

vCash: 470
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
why then? makes little sense to me why anyone would root for a divisional rival in a Cup Final.
I can't believe people are arguing about a pure question of opinion. It doesn't matter why someone is rooting for one team or another. Everyone has their own reasons. I agree with you and I would never root for a divisional rival in any circumstance (unless it were against another division rival or would help us in some way), but this is just an opinion. If someone is rooting for the Devils because they hate Jeff Carter or Mike Richards, so be it. If they are rooting for the Devils because they like their jerseys more, great. If they want to see the Cup go to this division, ok. It is an opinion. You don't even have to have any reason to back up your opinion.

DrinkFightFlyers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2012, 11:55 AM
Amaro out

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
I can't believe people are arguing about a pure question of opinion. It doesn't matter why someone is rooting for one team or another. Everyone has their own reasons. I agree with you and I would never root for a divisional rival in any circumstance (unless it were against another division rival or would help us in some way), but this is just an opinion. If someone is rooting for the Devils because they hate Jeff Carter or Mike Richards, so be it. If they are rooting for the Devils because they like their jerseys more, great. If they want to see the Cup go to this division, ok. It is an opinion. You don't even have to have any reason to back up your opinion.
word. people can root for whoever the hell they want too and that is their right to do so.

Old
05-29-2012, 12:03 PM
Coffe

The Kings, hoping that Kopitar brings the cup to Södertälje #unlikely

Coffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2012, 12:07 PM
TOCxNJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justified View Post
word. people can root for whoever the hell they want too and that is their right to do so.
This is totally true.

However, it also makes sense why some of us are baffled that a real flyers fan could ever root for the devils.

In case people don't know, rooting for a rival team to win a championship in any sport is far from the ordinary.

TOCxNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2012, 12:16 PM
GoneFullHextall
RIP Andy B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justified View Post
true. it would be like Phillies fans rooting for the Braves in the World Series or Eagle fans rooting for the Giants in the Super Bowl. It doesnt bother me who people root for. I just find it odd or different Flyer fans are rooting for the Devils.

Old
05-29-2012, 01:17 PM
hckyplayer8
He's Gone!

Rooting for NJ is like rooting for Pitt. /thread.

Old
05-29-2012, 01:31 PM
pughater

rooting for 2013 flyers!

pughater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2012, 01:48 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Doof Warrior

I'm rooting for the Devils.

Specifically, I'm rooting for them to go bankrupt, fold, be purchased by a Russian minor league owner, shipped to Siberia, go bankrupt again, fold again, and then be forced to eke out a living in Birobidzhan working as potato farmers or tractor mechanics. Maybe...MAYBE even working in a ball bearing factory.

05-29-2012, 01:50 PM
zarley zelepukin

Quote:

Was he? i missed the whole warrior thing. i just saw a decent two way guy who scored some short handed goals. I didn't see any leadership til Pronger got here. He was insanely overrated which is why we traded him. I like hextall and gagne too but they were also here and should've won HERE. I'm 36 and if you suffered through all those finals losses like i did you should be sick of losing. You should also be sick of overrated a holes conveniately getting traded or somehow winding up on cup winning teams after failing for us. Richards and Carter were overrated and they are just lucky to be there. Glad their gone. Glad we've got schenn, simmonds, couturier, voracek, and bryzgalov instead. like them better as players. Go devils.
If it's such a trend, don't you think maybe the organization is at fault for failing to identify certain guys who would be really beneficial to a contending team?

zarley zelepukin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2012, 02:02 PM
Amaro out

Quote:
true. it would be like Phillies fans rooting for the Braves in the World Series or Eagle fans rooting for the Giants in the Super Bowl. It doesnt bother me who people root for. I just find it odd or different Flyer fans are rooting for the Devils.
I know some Eagles fans that rooted for the Giants in this past Super Bowl, I just personally couldnt watch the game as I disliked both teams. Im sure this is how some people feel about this final. Im not one of these people that dislike #10 and #77, that being said I wouldnt be happy if they won. If would just be another team that has won the Cup before the Flyers have in the last 37 years. Ive already seen the Penguins and Bruins win in the last 3 years and the other year our team lost in heartbreaking fashion so what is the big deal if the Devils win? Cant be any worse than we have experienced recently. So I can see both arguments here.

Old
05-29-2012, 02:25 PM
Flyerfan4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Invictus View Post
I'm rooting for the Devils.

Specifically, I'm rooting for them to go bankrupt, fold, be purchased by a Russian minor league owner, shipped to Siberia, go bankrupt again, fold again, and then be forced to eke out a living in Birobidzhan working as potato farmers or tractor mechanics. Maybe...MAYBE even working in a ball bearing factory.
Hahah, i see what you did there..

Flyerfan4life is online now   Reply With Quote