*OFFICIAL* Belleville Bulls 2012-13 Season Thread

Closed Thread

Old
05-09-2012, 11:25 AM
BrianA

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaBullsfan View Post
IMO some of the older veterans know that their time is up, guys like Silas, Simmonds, Morris,Corson and Bignell. As to the couple of players that want out, it very well be Austen Brasssard? There was word going around last year that Austen wanted out then. I wouldnt be surprised at all if a bigger name is dealt in or around the June 1 trade window.
When there is a trade demand,it usually comes from parents or agents.But can you blame them for wanting out of the trap.Players like Brassard who thrive on the forecheck and on pressuring the D are not able to show their talent when they are retreating to the blueline as soon as the D has possesion.
Corson and Bignell will be back because Burnett likes them and they are decent role players.Simmonds will be back because of his name.

Old
05-09-2012, 11:38 AM
Luvtowatch

Hypothetically with the players already on the roster, plus the rookies, what will the starting lineup look like in Sept?

Old
05-09-2012, 02:06 PM
JSavoire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvtowatch View Post
Hypothetically with the players already on the roster, plus the rookies, what will the starting lineup look like in Sept?
F - In no particular order

1. Gaunce
2. Brassard
3. Sandlak
4. Zharkov
5. Simmonds
6. Cramarossa
7. Lemmon
8. Carnevale
9. Hooey
10. Corson
11. Curtis
12. Berisha
13. Younger Cramarossa
14. Petti

D - In no particular order

1. Silas (I'm hearing he's going to play with Colorado's Farm system)
2. Subban
3. Worrad
4. Morris
5. Austen
6. Bignell
7. Shaw
8. DeSousa

G. In no particular order

1. Subban
2. Graham
3. Chartrand

That's a quick scramble but 3 of those guys will in all likelihood be moving so expect 2 new bodies to replace 2 F.

Old
05-09-2012, 04:35 PM
ImaBullsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSavoire View Post
F - In no particular order

1. Gaunce
2. Brassard
3. Sandlak
4. Zharkov
5. Simmonds
6. Cramarossa
7. Lemmon
8. Carnevale
9. Hooey
10. Corson
11. Curtis
12. Berisha
13. Younger Cramarossa
14. Petti

D - In no particular order

1. Silas (I'm hearing he's going to play with Colorado's Farm system)
2. Subban
3. Worrad
4. Morris
5. Austen
6. Bignell
7. Shaw
8. DeSousa

G. In no particular order

1. Subban
2. Graham
3. Chartrand

That's a quick scramble but 3 of those guys will in all likelihood be moving so expect 2 new bodies to replace 2 F.
Simmonds should NOT be back, it shouldnt matter if hes the owners son, many season ticket holders are saying they will not renew if simmonds plays. Not because he's i bad kid, but he's not OHL caliber. The ice time is better off going to younger guys. As for Overagers Morris will not be back and Silas is not yet signed with Colorado, so he still might be back. Camarossa will surely be back, and Shaw is also a option.

Old
05-09-2012, 06:02 PM
ImaBullsfan

Brassard, Corson, Silas and Chartrand are the players that might be moved this summer. John Chartrand is the odd man out, its Subban's team and Graham will be the back up. Chartrand wants the chance to be a #1 goalie, and i cant blame him. Im sure there is teams out there that have interest in him. What can the bulls get for him?

Old
05-09-2012, 06:10 PM
OHLFan8771

Quote:
Brassard, Corson, Silas and Chartrand are the players that might be moved this summer. John Chartrand is the odd man out, its Subban's team and Graham will be the back up. Chartrand wants the chance to be a #1 goalie, and i cant blame him. Im sure there is teams out there that have interest in him. What can the bulls get for him?
Given that fact he will be 19 and has not really proven he can be a starter at this level I wouldn't expect a whole lot. Maybe a few drafts picks but what would you think they could get? As a bulls fan I'm sure you know more than I would.

Old
05-09-2012, 07:06 PM
ImaBullsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLFan8771 View Post
Given that fact he will be 19 and has not really proven he can be a starter at this level I wouldn't expect a whole lot. Maybe a few drafts picks but what would you think they could get? As a bulls fan I'm sure you know more than I would.
We gave up a 4th and 5th rounder for him last summer, he should be worth a 3rd, maybe part of a bigger deal? One thing about John is that when Malcolm got hurt last year, he stepped right in played extremely well.

Old
05-10-2012, 01:26 PM
JSavoire

Quote:
We gave up a 4th and 5th rounder for him last summer, he should be worth a 3rd, maybe part of a bigger deal? One thing about John is that when Malcolm got hurt last year, he stepped right in played extremely well.
I would agree that he stepped in and did a very good job during Malcolm's injury. Hard not to appreciate that.

Old
05-10-2012, 01:36 PM
OHLFan8771

Quote:
Who else may be on the block if he is a part of a bigger deal?

Old
05-10-2012, 01:36 PM
JSavoire

Quote:
I'd scratch Brassard off that list for now and add in Curtis. Chartrand will definitely want a shot at being a #1 somewhere so George will rush to get one OA since he'll have the roster space.

Old
05-10-2012, 06:25 PM
ImaBullsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLFan8771 View Post
Who else may be on the block if he is a part of a bigger deal?
Not quite sure, but George isnt scared to pull the cord on Blockbusters. With all of those players coming back dont be surprised if he moves the import pick in a big deal if the player or players he has his eyes on are gone before 27.

Old
05-11-2012, 03:44 PM
ImaBullsfan

Some reports have said the bulls have signed their first 3 picks from this years draft? Anyone with conformation of this? Their is nothing on the web site.

Old
05-11-2012, 03:50 PM
Luvtowatch

Quote:
Some reports have said the bulls have signed their first 3 picks from this years draft? Anyone with conformation of this? Their is nothing on the web site.
Not yet. Next week. They do have their equipment already.

Old
05-11-2012, 04:27 PM
ImaBullsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvtowatch View Post
Not yet. Next week. They do have their equipment already.
Normally they dont announce the signings till the year-end banquet? Is that next week? What do you think George will do in the import draft?

Old
05-23-2012, 05:17 PM
ImaBullsfan

Its been really quiet here in bullsnation! Not a whole lot to report at this point. Im sure when the ohl trade freeze is lifted, there will be alot of movement. IMO this is going to seem like a very long summer. Anyone have any thoughts to why George Burnett was not selected to be the head coach of the world juniors? Thought he was the next in line thats all?

Old
05-24-2012, 06:18 AM
Johnsb

Any trade rumors? What is everyone hearing?

Old
05-24-2012, 06:34 PM
ImaBullsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhire View Post
Any trade rumors? What is everyone hearing?
A couple of rumors that im hearing are George has a deal in place right now that would acquire an overage player. No other info there. Also heard that a couple of unnamed players have asked for trades? I dont know who they are but would LOVE to find out?

Old
05-29-2012, 10:27 AM
Johnsb

I'm hearing a lot of talk with Barrie on a couple of moves.

Old
05-29-2012, 02:03 PM
defensehockey19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhire View Post
I'm hearing a lot of talk with Barrie on a couple of moves.
Probably Sutch?

Old
05-29-2012, 03:55 PM
heusy_79
9 - 20 - 8

Shaw will be back as an OA, Morris will likely be dealt or released, and Chartrand will almost certainly be traded. I also see Bignell, Corson, Simmonds and Curtis as trade bait and a right-handed d-man being the return.

Based on what I saw in rookie camp, the Bulls 4th 16 year old card should go to Heffernan. Nik Coric was impressive as well but may need a year in Jr.A, hopefully in Wellington. There were no rookie D-men other than Desousa who stood out as OHL ready and Heffernan was the most impressive forward besides Berisha and the top 3 picks from this year.

I'm hoping George takes a chance on an 18 or 19 year old C/LW in the import draft to add more offense to the top 6. I would be pleased with a roster that looked something like this:

Zharkov Gaunce Berisha
Import Cramarossa Brassard
Sandlak Hooey Petti
Corson Carnevale Lemmon
Heffernan Cramarossa

Austin Subban
Worrad Trade
Shaw Desousa
Bignell

Subban
Graham
Lavigne- IIRC he was the most impressive at rookie camp, although no goalie really stood out

Old
05-29-2012, 04:50 PM
ImaBullsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetesFan94 View Post
Probably Sutch?
Do you think Gregg Sutch would be a good fit in Bell-vegas? Is he a good skater and how much offense could he bring? What would it take to get him from Barrie?

Old
05-29-2012, 04:54 PM
ImaBullsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by heusy_79 View Post
Shaw will be back as an OA, Morris will likely be dealt or released, and Chartrand will almost certainly be traded. I also see Bignell, Corson, Simmonds and Curtis as trade bait and a right-handed d-man being the return.

Based on what I saw in rookie camp, the Bulls 4th 16 year old card should go to Heffernan. Nik Coric was impressive as well but may need a year in Jr.A, hopefully in Wellington. There were no rookie D-men other than Desousa who stood out as OHL ready and Heffernan was the most impressive forward besides Berisha and the top 3 picks from this year.

I'm hoping George takes a chance on an 18 or 19 year old C/LW in the import draft to add more offense to the top 6. I would be pleased with a roster that looked something like this:

Zharkov Gaunce Berisha
Import Cramarossa Brassard
Sandlak Hooey Petti
Corson Carnevale Lemmon
Heffernan Cramarossa

Austin Subban
Worrad Trade
Shaw Desousa
Bignell

Subban
Graham
Lavigne- IIRC he was the most impressive at rookie camp, although no goalie really stood out
Totally Agree with Heffernan making the team this fall! IMO he was the Best player at the rookie camp last month. Problem is, do they have enough cards to sign 4 underagers?

Old
05-29-2012, 09:48 PM
heusy_79
9 - 20 - 8

Quote:
Totally Agree with Heffernan making the team this fall! IMO he was the Best player at the rookie camp last month. Problem is, do they have enough cards to sign 4 underagers?
I believe OHL teams have four cards to burn on 16 year olds. It might be 3 + a goalie though, I'm not sure if you can use all four on skaters. Last year the 95's were Subban, Lemmon, Carnevale and Graham. Hopefully someone is able to clarify this for us. If there's no room for him on the roster I hope Heffernan signs in Wellington and is the first call-up when Zharkov and maybe others leave for the World Juniors. Heff definitely showed OHL-ready size and strength in the rookie camp and I felt that his skating was sufficient but could use improvement. I could easily see him become useful player similar to Sandlak even if the offensive game never arrives.

Edit: The Fronts have already announced the signing of their top 4 picks, all of whom are skaters (RD Mckeown, LW Bennett, RD Di Perna and LW Watson). This means that the Bulls should be able to sign one more 2012 pick along with Petti, Desousa and Cramarossa.

Last edited by heusy_79: 05-29-2012 at 09:54 PM.
Old
05-29-2012, 10:09 PM
defensehockey19

Quote:
Originally Posted by heusy_79 View Post
I believe OHL teams have four cards to burn on 16 year olds. It might be 3 + a goalie though, I'm not sure if you can use all four on skaters. Last year the 95's were Subban, Lemmon, Carnevale and Graham. Hopefully someone is able to clarify this for us. If there's no room for him on the roster I hope Heffernan signs in Wellington and is the first call-up when Zharkov and maybe others leave for the World Juniors. Heff definitely showed OHL-ready size and strength in the rookie camp and I felt that his skating was sufficient but could use improvement. I could easily see him become useful player similar to Sandlak even if the offensive game never arrives.

Edit: The Fronts have already announced the signing of their top 4 picks, all of whom are skaters (RD Mckeown, LW Bennett, RD Di Perna and LW Watson). This means that the Bulls should be able to sign one more 2012 pick along with Petti, Desousa and Cramarossa.
You can sign as many as you'd like the Petes last season signed Ritchie, Nosad, Varga, Murphy, Thompson and Guigovaz.. You can have 4 rookie skaters play for something like 15 games? These are considered 'emergency call up games' I duno if that's exact but iys along those lines.

Old
05-29-2012, 10:58 PM
NHL Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetesFan94 View Post
You can sign as many as you'd like the Petes last season signed Ritchie, Nosad, Varga, Murphy, Thompson and Guigovaz. You can have 4 rookie skaters play for something like 15 games? These are considered 'emergency call up games' I duno if that's exact but iys along those lines.
So pretty much how it works is that you're allowed to sign your 1st, and 2nd pick as well as two wildcard picks. You can sign them to either an A or B contract. An A contract comes with the education package and allows them to play the entire season, while a B contract is a call-up for a maximum of 10 games (excluding the games during the world juniors). I believe you're only allowed to sign a maximum of 4 players to an A contract.

Closed Thread