Notices

FLIGHT PLAN: CSF #2 Effective Forward Lines

Old
05-27-2012, 02:01 PM
viper0220
Go Jets Go

vCash: 500
FLIGHT PLAN: CSF #2 Effective Forward Lines

Peter Tessier takes a look at the Jets foward lines and talks about what needs to be done.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Peter...ines/161/44629

viper0220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 09:05 AM
Huffer

vCash: 50
I appreciate this guys work, but I fundamentally disagree with the premise of this article.

He is trying to create the Jets lines under the premise that the GST line is #3, and acquiring players to fill out line #4.

I don't see the point of that. Just be honest and admit that GST is line #4, and acquire the players you need to fill out lines #1-3.

Huffer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 09:32 AM
Grind
Stomacheache AllStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post
I appreciate this guys work, but I fundamentally disagree with the premise of this article.

He is trying to create the Jets lines under the premise that the GST line is #3, and acquiring players to fill out line #4.

I don't see the point of that. Just be honest and admit that GST is line #4, and acquire the players you need to fill out lines #1-3.
exactly my thoughts.

My apologies if you wrote this or are a friend of this guy, but honestly his articles are pretty bad. Bad assumptions and bad writing, and usually just really basic input.

I respect what he's trying to do, and i'm sure he'll get better, but as of right now i'm just not a fan.

Grind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 10:05 AM
trebendan

I disagree with him in that I think Slater is a 3rd line centre. Cormier should be playing between Thorburn and Glass as the 4th line for 2012-13.

trebendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 11:29 AM
viper0220
Go Jets Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind View Post
exactly my thoughts.

My apologies if you wrote this or are a friend of this guy, but honestly his articles are pretty bad. Bad assumptions and bad writing, and usually just really basic input.

I respect what he's trying to do, and i'm sure he'll get better, but as of right now i'm just not a fan.

I did not write this, nor am I friends with the guy who wrote, just found on hockey buzz.

viper0220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 11:33 AM
Grind
Stomacheache AllStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper0220 View Post
I did not write this, nor am I friends with the guy who wrote, just found on hockey buzz.
ok, had just seen you link to these two articles and you (or someone else?) had linked to some other articles he wrote earlier, that otherwise i would never have come across so i wasn't sure if it was plugging or not...also because i found the writing to be pretty bad.

Old
05-28-2012, 01:09 PM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Kane - ??? - Wheeler
Ladd - Little - Burmi
Tele - Sheif - ???
Kling - Cormier - Mach

I see this as being a very probabal future lineup 2-3 years down the road (obviously some movement/shuffling is feasable) so to me the GST linemates are the most expendable of the lines (specially the wings)

garret9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 11:26 PM
Hollywood3
Bison/Jet/Moose Fan

vCash: 525
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post

I agree. But easier said than done. We need two big forwards, one more top-9 calibre forward, and two top-4 calibre defencemen.

Hollywood3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2012, 08:39 AM
Huffer

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood3 View Post
I agree. But easier said than done. We need two big forwards, one more top-9 calibre forward, and two top-4 calibre defencemen.
I agree that it's not easy. But the first step to fixing a problem is admitting you have a problem.

Pretending the GST line is a 3rd line, and spending time and assets on adding other 4th line players just delays the inevitable.

Huffer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2012, 10:58 AM
broinwhyteridge

Quality websites don't throw 10 annoying pop-ups at you. This one does for some reason.

broinwhyteridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2012, 03:37 PM
Waldo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDz View Post
Quality websites don't throw 10 annoying pop-ups at you. This one does for some reason.
I don't get ANY popups at HF.

Waldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2012, 04:37 PM
Grind
Stomacheache AllStar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldo View Post
I don't get ANY popups at HF.
i think he means Bleacher Report..which is like a Huffington Post of sports...i think....i don't actually read huffington post....

come to think of it i don't actually read bleacher report either...