HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Videogame Thread #2 (PSN/Gamertags): Skyrim!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-29-2012, 07:14 AM
  #876
RussianRocket10
Registered User
 
RussianRocket10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: United States
Posts: 4,789
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
The gaming community's sense of entitlement needs to stop. Seriously..

Both NHL 13 threads on the this site are just people *****ing that the game sucks..

*****ing about a game... That isn't even completed yet..

If you are going to complain about it, at least play it first.
You would love the EA forums then.

RussianRocket10 is offline  
Old
05-29-2012, 07:19 AM
  #877
Krishna
Registered User
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Canada
Posts: 82,172
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianRocket10 View Post
You would love the EA forums then.
I stay away from them

And for ****s sake, the EASHL games would be perfect if there was an option to kick a person who is being a ******..

Our goalie finished the game with 9 unsportsmanlike conduct penalties..

Krishna is offline  
Old
05-29-2012, 02:18 PM
  #878
RussianRocket10
Registered User
 
RussianRocket10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: United States
Posts: 4,789
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
I stay away from them

And for ****s sake, the EASHL games would be perfect if there was an option to kick a person who is being a ******..

Our goalie finished the game with 9 unsportsmanlike conduct penalties..
Yeah I came over from the EA forums because most people complain about the game and the NHL talk section is lacking activity.

RussianRocket10 is offline  
Old
05-29-2012, 03:58 PM
  #879
SolidSnakeUS
Registered User
 
SolidSnakeUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pipersville, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 32,319
vCash: 500
http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/05/...teases-new-rpg

****ing awesome. The Witcher dev is making a cyberpunk RPG. Can't wait .

SolidSnakeUS is online now  
Old
05-29-2012, 07:16 PM
  #880
Flyerfan808
Registered User
 
Flyerfan808's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Honolulu, HI
Country: United States
Posts: 2,002
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
I ****ing hate people who **** around on drop in games as goaltender..

up 5-1 with 5 minutes left..

Lose 6-5 with 90 seconds left..
Pretty sure I was in that game, on the other team.

Flyerfan808 is offline  
Old
05-29-2012, 07:51 PM
  #881
Jray42
Win it for Kimmo
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 3,731
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerfan808 View Post
Pretty sure I was in that game, on the other team.
I'd doubt it, it's a rather common occurrence in this game

Jray42 is offline  
Old
05-29-2012, 07:53 PM
  #882
Flyerfan808
Registered User
 
Flyerfan808's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Honolulu, HI
Country: United States
Posts: 2,002
vCash: 500
Starting to get fed up with D3:

#Diablo 3 on Normal Difficulty: No Sweat
#Diablo 3 on Nightmare Difficulty: Nope Still not Challenging
#Diablo 3 on Hell Difficulty: There were a few packs of elites that were like... wtf? other than that not very challenging.
#Diablo 3 on Inferno Difficulty: Get one shotted by everything... and by everything I mean regular-ass skeleton archers doing eleventy-billion damage per arrow. Teleporting ***** slappers who teleport right next to you and deal eleventy-billion damage per *****-slap. Not to mention packs of elite enemies which one can only survive by running from or hiding from, nevermind actually trying to kill them. If you enjoy kiting, for 20 minutes just to kill 1 dude then this is your game.

Don't even get me started on the inconsistency of lootdrops/crafting/auctionhouse system, which is beyond ****ed right now.

My advice, cruise the battle.net forums, and check out streams or youtubes before you decide to plunge into this one. If you're the type of person who is meticulous, likes to complete kill every dungeon and break every barrell in search of loot, you will be serverely disappoint. If you're the type of person who prefers melee classes, (Barbarian/Monk) you will have an AWSOME ****ING TIME, up until inferno, where you will find yourself spending more time being DEAD than anything else.

/rant.

Flyerfan808 is offline  
Old
05-29-2012, 08:00 PM
  #883
SolidSnakeUS
Registered User
 
SolidSnakeUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pipersville, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 32,319
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerfan808 View Post
Starting to get fed up with D3:

#Diablo 3 on Normal Difficulty: No Sweat
#Diablo 3 on Nightmare Difficulty: Nope Still not Challenging
#Diablo 3 on Hell Difficulty: There were a few packs of elites that were like... wtf? other than that not very challenging.
#Diablo 3 on Inferno Difficulty: Get one shotted by everything... and by everything I mean regular-ass skeleton archers doing eleventy-billion damage per arrow. Teleporting ***** slappers who teleport right next to you and deal eleventy-billion damage per *****-slap. Not to mention packs of elite enemies which one can only survive by running from or hiding from, nevermind actually trying to kill them. If you enjoy kiting, for 20 minutes just to kill 1 dude then this is your game.

Don't even get me started on the inconsistency of lootdrops/crafting/auctionhouse system, which is beyond ****ed right now.

My advice, cruise the battle.net forums, and check out streams or youtubes before you decide to plunge into this one. If you're the type of person who is meticulous, likes to complete kill every dungeon and break every barrell in search of loot, you will be serverely disappoint. If you're the type of person who prefers melee classes, (Barbarian/Monk) you will have an AWSOME ****ING TIME, up until inferno, where you will find yourself spending more time being DEAD than anything else.

/rant.
Here:


SolidSnakeUS is online now  
Old
05-29-2012, 08:01 PM
  #884
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
FAT SLOB
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 45,824
vCash: 500
They have another patch coming out shortly which is supposed to address a few issues.

__________________
Down in the basement, I've got a Craftsman lathe. Show it to the children when they misbehave.
Beef Invictus is online now  
Old
05-31-2012, 01:54 PM
  #885
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave
 
DrinkFightFlyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 13,501
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Duuuuuuuuude


DrinkFightFlyers is online now  
Old
05-31-2012, 02:39 PM
  #886
Garbage Goal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 18,076
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerfan808 View Post
Starting to get fed up with D3:

#Diablo 3 on Normal Difficulty: No Sweat
#Diablo 3 on Nightmare Difficulty: Nope Still not Challenging
#Diablo 3 on Hell Difficulty: There were a few packs of elites that were like... wtf? other than that not very challenging.
#Diablo 3 on Inferno Difficulty: Get one shotted by everything... and by everything I mean regular-ass skeleton archers doing eleventy-billion damage per arrow. Teleporting ***** slappers who teleport right next to you and deal eleventy-billion damage per *****-slap. Not to mention packs of elite enemies which one can only survive by running from or hiding from, nevermind actually trying to kill them. If you enjoy kiting, for 20 minutes just to kill 1 dude then this is your game.

Don't even get me started on the inconsistency of lootdrops/crafting/auctionhouse system, which is beyond ****ed right now.

My advice, cruise the battle.net forums, and check out streams or youtubes before you decide to plunge into this one. If you're the type of person who is meticulous, likes to complete kill every dungeon and break every barrell in search of loot, you will be serverely disappoint. If you're the type of person who prefers melee classes, (Barbarian/Monk) you will have an AWSOME ****ING TIME, up until inferno, where you will find yourself spending more time being DEAD than anything else.

/rant.
Very frequently there's a game that's always hyped up to the point where it can't fulfill that hype. Happened with SWTOR, happened to D3, and will probably happen to GW2.

Garbage Goal is offline  
Old
05-31-2012, 04:01 PM
  #887
PALE PWNR
Registered User
 
PALE PWNR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sewell NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 5,742
vCash: 50
SWTOR just took too long to come out for me. I really love Star Wars and played MMOs for the longest time as well as KOTOR and KOTOR II. But it was known that it was coming out for about 5 or 6 years and probably before that. I was in the general testing for almost a full year before the game released and I think it just burnt me out on the game and MMO's as a whole. I didn't even really play it all that much during testing. Im too old now to sit in front of a computer for hours on end to gain 1 or 2 levels a night after I get home from work. 5 or 6 years ago I would of gone nuts on it. I loved the story I did level a jedi Knight to 50 and enjoyed it but theres just nothing right now that makes me want to log on and play it anymore.

D3 sucks. So dissapointed I wasted 60 bucks on that garbage.

PALE PWNR is online now  
Old
05-31-2012, 04:06 PM
  #888
Garbage Goal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 18,076
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PALE PWNR View Post
SWTOR just took too long to come out for me. I really love Star Wars and played MMOs for the longest time as well as KOTOR and KOTOR II. But it was known that it was coming out for about 5 or 6 years and probably before that. I was in the general testing for almost a full year before the game released and I think it just burnt me out on the game and MMO's as a whole. I didn't even really play it all that much during testing. Im too old now to sit in front of a computer for hours on end to gain 1 or 2 levels a night after I get home from work. 5 or 6 years ago I would of gone nuts on it. I loved the story I did level a jedi Knight to 50 and enjoyed it but theres just nothing right now that makes me want to log on and play it anymore.

D3 sucks. So dissapointed I wasted 60 bucks on that garbage.
So you agree with me?

Garbage Goal is offline  
Old
05-31-2012, 04:20 PM
  #889
Krishna
Registered User
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Canada
Posts: 82,172
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
Very frequently there's a game that's always hyped up to the point where it can't fulfill that hype. Happened with SWTOR, happened to D3, and will probably happen to GW2.
Don't forget Duke nukem forever

Krishna is offline  
Old
05-31-2012, 04:25 PM
  #890
SolidSnakeUS
Registered User
 
SolidSnakeUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pipersville, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 32,319
vCash: 500
I actually did play GW2 and I really enjoyed it. Unlike D3, there is no ******** and ******** jump in difficulty and there's a ton of stuff to actually do. Hell the game actually rewards you for exploring. Also, I think SWTOR has really lost a lot of steam. People talked about it for a couple weeks then petered off, also the big difference is that GW2 is actually F2P, outside of the initial buying cost, so that can definitely help in the idea of people coming back to the game. But that's just me. Next weekend is actually the next GW2 beta. Can't wait.

Also, I have Max Payne 3 all pre-loaded on my computer via Steam. Almost 30 gigs.


Last edited by SolidSnakeUS: 05-31-2012 at 04:32 PM.
SolidSnakeUS is online now  
Old
05-31-2012, 05:41 PM
  #891
PALE PWNR
Registered User
 
PALE PWNR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sewell NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 5,742
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
So you agree with me?
Pretty much. D3 pisses me off because its not even better then most Free to play games out there. Its not a complex game, the graphics suck, the game isnt even hard unless like said earlier its on Inferno. Theres no character customization nothing. The games garbage all around. I never played any of the other Diablos and the only reason I picked this one up is a bunch of my buddies were playing it. They have pretty much stopped playing it as well. I guess when your Blizzard you can charge 60 dollars for a steaming pile of crap and get away with it because everyone will buy it anyway

PALE PWNR is online now  
Old
05-31-2012, 05:44 PM
  #892
SolidSnakeUS
Registered User
 
SolidSnakeUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pipersville, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 32,319
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PALE PWNR View Post
Pretty much. D3 pisses me off because its not even better then most Free to play games out there. Its not a complex game, the graphics suck, the game isnt even hard unless like said earlier its on Inferno. Theres no character customization nothing. The games garbage all around. I never played any of the other Diablos and the only reason I picked this one up is a bunch of my buddies were playing it. They have pretty much stopped playing it as well. I guess when your Blizzard you can charge 60 dollars for a steaming pile of crap and get away with it because everyone will buy it anyway
I'd say pre-order Guild Wars 2 at like Gamestop or something (so if you don't like the game, you can actually cancel the pre-order) and try it out. There's going to be a beta weekend next weekend (Friday to Sunday). It really is fun, even by yourself. To get into the beta, you do have to pay for the game fully though.

SolidSnakeUS is online now  
Old
05-31-2012, 06:23 PM
  #893
Gibbs18
Registered User
 
Gibbs18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Elmer, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 948
vCash: 500
Anybody have an EASHL Club on 360 I could join. Play any forward position and can play D if needed too. Legend 2 Card, Playmaker/DFD, 85ish OVR

Gibbs18 is offline  
Old
06-01-2012, 04:38 PM
  #894
jfb392
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,121
vCash: 500
For those that hate Be A GM, it sounds like it will be vastly improved in NHL 13, including new GM AI.

Quote:
17. NHL 12 received a lot of criticism for its poor GM AI. Teams would stash veterans in the minors, propose ridiculous trades, and let top prospects leak into free agency. This year EA is completely rebuilding the system.
Quote:
21. When deciding what moves his team should make for the upcoming season, first the GM Brain determines if his team is a championship-level team, a contender, a hopeful, or in rebuilding mode. This evaluation helps set the types of trades a team is willing to engage. If a team is on the cusp of a championship, it may trade off some prospects to get a veteran who fills a weakness. If a team is in full rebuilding mode, it will be much more likely to trade off players at the tail end of their prime in exchange for prospects or draft picks.
I've never played online, but GM Connected sounds like something that I'd like to try.

Also:
Quote:
30. The AI is also smarter about using enforcers. In previous games their high strength ratings made them likely candidates to be automatically placed on the penalty kill. Know the AI knows that these players are specialists and will play them on (and keep them off) appropriate lines.

jfb392 is offline  
Old
06-01-2012, 06:11 PM
  #895
Krishna
Registered User
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Canada
Posts: 82,172
vCash: 500
My biggest complaint with the Be a GM in nhl 12 is that the computer is just like the Toronto fans. Quality > Quantity

Krishna is offline  
Old
06-02-2012, 12:38 PM
  #896
1865
Registered User
 
1865's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Chester, UK
Country: England
Posts: 9,848
vCash: 500
So, Demon's Souls is quite difficult.

1865 is offline  
Old
06-02-2012, 03:06 PM
  #897
SolidSnakeUS
Registered User
 
SolidSnakeUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Pipersville, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 32,319
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1865 View Post
So, Demon's Souls is quite difficult.
Having friends helps a LOT. It's the way I platinumed the game at like 150 hours .

SolidSnakeUS is online now  
Old
06-04-2012, 01:03 PM
  #898
Krishna
Registered User
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Canada
Posts: 82,172
vCash: 500
http://www.twitch.tv/gamespot

E3 stream

Call of Duty black ops 2 was terribad

Krishna is offline  
Old
06-04-2012, 01:24 PM
  #899
RevUpThoseGolfCarts
Experts at losing
 
RevUpThoseGolfCarts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 1,811
vCash: 500
Microsoft E3:

+ South Park looked pretty good and Matt and Trey making fun of Microsoft was great
+ The new Splinter Cell looks fun despite being even less stealthy than before, Spies vs. Mercenaries is back
+ Halo 4 and Tomb Raider look alright

- Dancing games
- Voice control
- Stupid tablet interactions
- Black Ops 2 is not "Black Ops" in any way and looks horrific
- Barely any games were shown, more time focused on how to use Xbox internet crap
--- Resident Evil 6 looks like ****ing Gears of War

Final Grade: D+

RevUpThoseGolfCarts is offline  
Old
06-05-2012, 11:14 AM
  #900
Krishna
Registered User
 
Krishna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Canada
Posts: 82,172
vCash: 500
http://e3.nintendo.com/presentation/index.html

Nintendo WiiU presentation happening now.


Krishna is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:05 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.