HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Team USA roster predictions in Sochi

Old
05-26-2012, 10:54 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
Buff is really getting underrated. The guy has 32 goals and 106 points from the point over the past 2 seasons and he has the biggest shot of any US Dman.. unless he nose dives, I too find it hard to believe he won't make the team.

Is he the best defender? No, but as has already been pointed out he'd be playing limited minutes.
in those games, you need your DMan to play D, not score the points. That's what you have your forwards for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanDream View Post
EJ has no shot in hell of making the team if the games started right now as I stated. simply just not cutting it. in 2 years he could rebound back up which I hope because he is a good kid, but others have passed him by....

with what is available to the US, Buff is pretty close to a lock in making this team as long as he doesnt kill anyone and answers the call at next years WC.... nothing else like him for the US....or anyone for that matter
you have that thoughts exculsivly... EJ is more of a lock than Buff is. EJ will be captain or JJ too.

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 01:49 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
in those games, you need your DMan to play D, not score the points. That's what you have your forwards for.

you have that thoughts exculsivly... EJ is more of a lock than Buff is. EJ will be captain or JJ too.
you dont need Buff to play d in those games, you bring him in to bring his massive blast from the point...I also dont think he is terrible on d either, I have seen much worse then him...Ryan Whitney was terrible in his own end and I would rather have Buff over Whitney easily....

EJ is a player filled with potential and a player who may never hit that potential. I am rooting for the kid bigtime, but if the Olympics were to happen right now, he is behind Buff on the depth chart. EJ had a real tough year and isnt in the top 10 for US blueliners right now.

EJ has a lot to focus on for next year or he might find himself a journeyman player over the next 3-4 years...

AmericanDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-26-2012, 04:29 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

EJ is the #1 D for the Avs and they are happy to have him...

Whitney and Komisarek made the team because USA didn't have better players that time.

You don't play a pylon at D because he can score. Suter has a good shot, JJ, EJ & others too. Those guys can play D and physical too. Buff may make the roster, but he is far away from being a lock

Old
05-29-2012, 03:11 PM
InjuredChoker

vCash: 494
Buff could suffer a lot on a larger ice.

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2012, 03:29 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:
EJ is the #1 D for the Avs and they are happy to have him...

Whitney and Komisarek made the team because USA didn't have better players that time.

You don't play a pylon at D because he can score. Suter has a good shot, JJ, EJ & others too. Those guys can play D and physical too. Buff may make the roster, but he is far away from being a lock
no they certainly did have better players.... Komi was picked because of Brian Burke... Whitney on the other hand was having a decent year, but when Martin got injured you just knew it would go to Whitney

Old
05-30-2012, 01:35 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

who was missed on the Roster 2010 that they left better options at home?

Old
05-30-2012, 11:20 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:
who was missed on the Roster 2010 that they left better options at home?
they made up for that asap when Komi went down and they went with Gleason who should have been there all along...

Gleason was so much the better player then Komisarek, so was Scuderi, both are better at their roles then Komisarek.

Whitney was a turn over machine that tournament, to the point his ass was sat for much of the games...he simply looked way out of his league....

It was a travesty that Whitney was picked over Yandle....still to this day I have no idea why they did that. Yandle was so much the better player then, he was simply hidden in Phoenix I guess.

Yandle over Whitney AINEC....

Goligoski was too young I guess to make the team, but I would have taken him over Whitney as well.. Same for Keith Ballard who was playing a lot on a **** team, I thought he would have been golden for the US in Vancouver. Speedy and physical, he would have been better over Whitney.

I would have taken Hal Gill and Matt Greene over Komisarek as well...all play the same ilk, but I like the way Gill and Greene do move out there and I like the way the play defense....

the scary thing was I was pulling for Whitney to make the team prior to that year, I just saw a number of young Americans coming up that I felt were better then Whitney, Komisarek, and Martin....Yandle and Gleason were my top 2 picks, and they got one of them right....Whitney made a costly give away in the Gold medal game, if his ass isnt in the lineup, I might be watching a Gold medal win on my dvr instead of silver....ya never know...

Old
05-31-2012, 01:43 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

In other words, there wasn't much more options than Komi