HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Alright Guys, Lets see your PRIDE!

Old
05-27-2012, 01:27 AM
CTKingsFan
6/11/12 & 6/13/14

vCash: 500
If your driving through Connecticut. You may see this on the highway.

CTKingsFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 01:43 AM
SouthernJ
Rookie User

My Kings baseball hat arrived in the mail the other day. I let it sit in the lovely humidity with no AC that is my apartment in Atlanta to get nice and bendy so I could wear it today. I wore it out to the grocery and went my stepdad visited to put the battery back in one of my cars so I could sell the bad boy Tuesday. I'm hoping it'll be my good luck charm when I hit a viewing party at some part of the of the SCF. No pics, though.

SouthernJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 02:34 AM
Wooty

I am unemployed, I can't afford to have pride or a Kings cap

Wooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 02:56 AM
SouthernJ
Rookie User

I'm broke, too - no student loans in the summer for my school. But it was cheaper to get the 77% hat that was on Twitter and have it shipped than to try and buy one locally or not. Which is kinda sad, really. I wanted at least something to represent every single game I watched, if not fully than mostly, which for the record has been every single game in the entire playoffs for all teams. That was a hockey knowledge to absorb for someone that's been watching the sport for a grand total of 2-3 weeks prior.

Old
05-27-2012, 03:33 AM
Wooty

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernJ View Post
I'm broke, too - no student loans in the summer for my school. But it was cheaper to get the 77% hat that was on Twitter and have it shipped than to try and buy one locally or not. Which is kinda sad, really. I wanted at least something to represent every single game I watched, if not fully than mostly, which for the record has been every single game in the entire playoffs for all teams. That was a hockey knowledge to absorb for someone that's been watching the sport for a grand total of 2-3 weeks prior.
do you have a link?

I am a bit agoraphobic and don't like to go strange places. I do most of my shopping on Amazon.

Wooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 06:39 AM
nocturn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
Well if we're going full blown cat fashion, I'm busting out this again:
Haha! I know that Orange Tabby look..."WTF are u doing? Im sleep'n man! Not right now!"

nocturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 10:08 AM
Pucknut50

I just bought one of those inflatable Stanley cups just in case. I will keep it in it's bag and only inflate it if the Kings win.

Pucknut50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 11:09 AM
SouthernJ
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooty View Post
do you have a link?

I am a bit agoraphobic and don't like to go strange places. I do most of my shopping on Amazon.
It was a Twitter deal only through that game, I think. But if you follow the LA Kings, you may find another deal during the SCFs.

Old
05-27-2012, 02:06 PM
123slam

I've worn something Kings-related every single day since the "Clowe" game to end the season. I even had to buy a few extra shirts just so I wouldn't have to do laundry so often.

123slam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2012, 05:34 PM
SouthernJ
Rookie User

Wooty, there's a deal up now from the Kings until 11pm tomorrow. It's 50% off versus 77%, but still. A good deal on a Finals cap.

http://ht.ly/becAp

Old
05-29-2012, 05:45 PM
SLang

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentfouser View Post
Who's the person that lives on Monterey Road in South Pasadena and has the eight-foot Doughty banner hanging from the front of their house? I always want to honk when I drive by, but, you know, it would be kind of random.
Yep, I've seen it too....

SLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 08:31 AM
nocturn

Got all my gear on today at work. Away Kopi Sweater and Old School (88') Kings lid. Its pretty daring for me to wear this stuff when I usually wear, at minimum, a Polo and Khakis. Boss man already gave me grief but he's a Pens fan so f-him.

Also have the Kings Shrine going on in my office. 12 Signed pucks, Signed Gretz McFarline 12", 3 Towels, 5 Signed Jerseys dating back to 78'. Couple Old remote controled Kings Zamboni's circa 1994 and My NEW 2012 WCC Banner! WOOT!

Old
05-30-2012, 10:17 AM
Butch 19
King me

Quote:
Originally Posted by nocturn View Post
I had a guy make me a giant logo sticker about 5 months ago but was unhappy with the plain old boring white, computer cut out one he made me. So I decided to go down to the local sign shop and bought 18" sheets of outdoor UV resistant, white, black, silver and retro-reflective silver 3M sign sticker material. Also went to the local craft store and bought a xacto mini blade kit. I found a clean, high res logo online and adjusted the size to fit my new Black and Silver FX4 SCrew's sliding rear window. I cut out the paper and used it as a template to make this:

I just got done putting it on and its late here in Virginny so the pics are dark and my truck is dirty as ****. The sticker's been done for about 2 months but I ...
How did you do the crown? Did you xacto-cut & make it by hand? That much detail would drive me crazy.

Or was sign shop able to copy it (enlarge or reduce) to be a single element?

I had a Kings crown sticker on my car window for several years, but the sun burned it so bad that I had to scrape it off last year. Now, I got nothing.

This weekend I'll get something else, but my car spends most of the time parked at the train station or in the garage, so ...?? not much exposure.

Butch 19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 10:46 AM
nocturn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch 19 View Post
How did you do the crown? Did you xacto-cut & make it by hand? That much detail would drive me crazy.

Or was sign shop able to copy it (enlarge or reduce) to be a single element?

I had a Kings crown sticker on my car window for several years, but the sun burned it so bad that I had to scrape it off last year. Now, I got nothing.

This weekend I'll get something else, but my car spends most of the time parked at the train station or in the garage, so ...?? not much exposure.
I did the crown by hand with a xacto. It wasnt as hard to do as I thought it would be. I just printed 4 copies of the crown and cut out each individual color. Black (x2), White and Silver and traced each one on to their specific color. For the jewels in the crown, I just use a hole punch. It looks almost perfect. It only took about 30 minutes to do the crown. Just make sure you have a good amount of decal transfer paper. I did it in layers. 1)White, 2)Black, 3)Silver and then 4) Black again. I'll take a closer pic of it later.

Old
05-30-2012, 10:52 AM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

From google maps..

Buddy The Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 10:52 AM
SLang

GT3 rockin' the Kings tag frame!

SLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 11:23 AM
Cook24

Send a message via AIM to Cook24
Had this bad boy flying high last weekend while camping at dockweiler/el segundo/marina del rey(whatever one it is)...

Cook24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 11:55 AM
dbbourn

Took this picture of my daughter in the beginning of the season.

Last edited by dbbourn: 05-31-2012 at 12:49 PM.
dbbourn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 02:17 PM
londonking

Me and some friends were fishing a tournament in Big Bear last weekend and we flew our flag and sported our jerseys while trolling around the lake all day. Even had a department fish n game officer stop me and chirp me on how he was a devils fan...lol0520120625d.jpg

0520120716.jpg

londonking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 04:36 PM
johnjm22

I was pricing houses the other day, and came across this in one of the houses I liked:

Strange coincidence. Or maybe a sign...

johnjm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 05:04 PM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

I think my plate may be appropriate for today.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG00018-20120530-1401.jpg‎ (377.3 KB, 4 views)

05-30-2012, 05:06 PM
DocWest
2012 & 2014 Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by londonking View Post
Me and some friends were fishing a tournament in Big Bear last weekend and we flew our flag and sported our jerseys while trolling around the lake all day. Even had a department fish n game officer stop me and chirp me on how he was a devils fan...lolAttachment 56625

Attachment 56627
Did you catch any Luongos?

DocWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 08:16 PM
Dooney
Love me some Carter!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire View Post
I think my plate may be appropriate for today.
Yes, Yes it is

Dooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 08:17 PM
Dooney
Love me some Carter!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nocturn View Post
I did the crown by hand with a xacto. It wasnt as hard to do as I thought it would be. I just printed 4 copies of the crown and cut out each individual color. Black (x2), White and Silver and traced each one on to their specific color. For the jewels in the crown, I just use a hole punch. It looks almost perfect. It only took about 30 minutes to do the crown. Just make sure you have a good amount of decal transfer paper. I did it in layers. 1)White, 2)Black, 3)Silver and then 4) Black again. I'll take a closer pic of it later.
Your car and your office are awesome!!!!!

Dooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 10:15 PM
Shootmaster_44

I've been rocking all my Kings gear at work since the playoffs began. I've got several hats (though I usually wear the purple one I picked up at Staples Center in November), a t-shirt that has a huge Kings logo (one of those custom ones from NHL.com but its a 3XL-Tall and comes down practically to my knees) and a couple jerseys. Yes I've been rocking among the jerseys, my Burger King third. Mostly, I've been wearing my Quick white that I bought recently (and it isn't a Chinese knockoff).

Shootmaster_44 is offline   Reply With Quote