HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Team chirping at our own goalie!

Old
05-27-2012, 08:06 PM
BHDefensiveForward

vCash: 500
I'm glad there are people that see things the same way I do... Not sure why this team is different. Well I hope the goalie finds a better team after, heck I might be leaving as well because of this garbage.

I remember one game mid season, he had 80+ shots on net, not even kidding!!! He let in 11 of those shots, and still got chirped by some a-holes on the team! We had no back-checking, no defense, nothing... We pretty much left our goalie out to dry. Yet we still won, and he was pretty ticked off at the end of the game.

Apparently the team has had a new goalie every season, which I'm not greatly surprised as to why.

BHDefensiveForward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2012, 08:39 PM
Grave77digger

Not the same situation at all, but our goalie was a no show for the championship game. SO the first game of the next season we line up for the face off and do nothing at the puck drop. We gave the team 3 on 0 break away and just stood laughing as he got torched. There was no hard feeling and it was a great way to get back at him. Even he said he deserved it.

Grave77digger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 02:33 AM
Primrose Everdeen
Shake it Off

vCash: 100
As someone who has played goalie before and is about to start back up again, if people on my own team started regularly chirping me mid-game I'd probably skate off the ice and never play for them again.

Primrose Everdeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2012, 09:20 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Never, ever, ever chirp the goalie. That's my rule. Without him, you'd really be screwed. I try not to chirp or yell at my teammates, but a couple times a year things blow up and then after the game we hash it out and it's all good.

I will say goalies, at least the few I've played with, tend to catch up really quickly. We brought in a guy who was pretty shaky to say the least, by the end of the first season, he was solid, and then for two years he pretty much carried the team and got moved up. This past year, we brought in a new guy from two levels below us, and he was definitely shaky at first, but by the end of the year he was really clutch and adjusted.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2012, 02:50 PM
jsykes

Yeah, talking **** about your goalie, unless its in good fun and he knows it, is just stupid. Its hard to play a game without a goalie.

If it were me and I was playing with a bunch of ********** like it sounds like these guys are, seeing as how you seem to be dominating the league, I'd stick around till the first game of the single elimination playoffs and simply not show up, let the powerhouse team go down in flames and never show up again.

jsykes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2012, 07:24 PM
Gino 14

If you have players on your team that are chirping at your goalie and you allow it, you're no better than they are. Just like in a game, no one should be allowed to touch the goalie.

Gino 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2012, 09:25 PM
AIREAYE

Those players deserve a lifetime of playing three bar shinny.

AIREAYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2012, 11:24 PM
adaminnj
Leafs out = SPRING!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by AIREAYE View Post
Those players deserve a lifetime of playing three bar shinny.
I just threatened to kick someones butt at shinny for chirping then I said "I have a better idea! I'll just stop coming to this shinny and let the guys kick your butt for running me off".

The offender is a buddy but he has been taking it to far lately. I was just playing net because everyone found out I had goalie equipment and begged me to bring it. That was over a year ago and I have a little skill now. As the skill goes up the chirping gets louder and more frequent from this one guy. Some of the guys actually love to see me make good stops even if it's on them and boost my ego ever chance they get.

When I play net I don't need to be stroked but, I don't need to get **** either. I do have to say if I make 2 stops on the same rush and no one clears the puck I don't think that anyone has a right to give me crap, or celebrate a goal on a 50 year old beginner goalie either.

goalies are the last line of defense and if a puck gets behind the goalie it went through 5 players before the goalie ever saw the shot.

Just an FYI to anyone chirping there own goalie: Goalies skate for free, Goalies can find places to skate any time, any place, as well goalies can get paid to skate at all levels. If you still feel like chirping man up and strap the pads on for a game and see how you fair.

adaminnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2012, 11:51 PM
VerySuperFamous

I play goalie on and off (mainly defense). I'd say a bad game gets you annoyed. My worst was actually a school game, we lost 13-2 (I was in net for 9 goals and scored 1 with a primary assist). If it's more the team(my players would stand in my crease and I play goalie positionally so that didn't go well, and did more of four guys stand in front of me). If your team is playing ****** and he'd have to stand on his head to stop the shots they let up (ie one timers from near the top of the crease from a player standing near the circle). He'd have every right to be upset. Does he play like Mike Smith by any chance?

VerySuperFamous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2012, 11:55 PM
ean

I try not to talk to goalies unless its in the locker room.

ean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 09:26 AM
TUCKER 06

those guys sound like dickheads

TUCKER 06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 12:09 PM
CanucksSayEh

Luongo?

CanucksSayEh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 02:47 PM
adaminnj
Leafs out = SPRING!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanucksSayEh View Post
Luongo?

I just hope the Leafs don't pick up his contract.

adaminnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 09:21 PM
Halfshot21
Rookie User

We played a team that did this, rec inline. Kind of started to feel bad because not only were they chirping him, they just stopped playing defense letting anyone walk in and shoot. Sad really. Went through and said good game to the other team, made sure to give an extra pat on the back to the goalie for sticking it out. Come to find out he was a last minute fill-in.

I've never chirped my own goalie because it's not my place and I couldn't do what they do. It was pretty aggravating to watch and the poor guy had good intentions. Some people just play for themselves and the team aspect is out the window.

Halfshot21 is offline   Reply With Quote