HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Official Offseason Thread (Part II) - Brooks: Rangers after Radulov

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-30-2012, 11:54 AM
  #26
DutchShamrock
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 4,964
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevesis View Post
Why does anyone want Anisimov or Dubinsky? They both suck.
Agreed. They aren't core players. I'm not deadset against having them on the team, but you can upgrade them. They are they stereotypical deadline deal fodder that returns you an expiring contract on a Larmer type.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Geoffrion View Post
MDZ sucked last year too, fools wanted him gone as well. Prior to that, the same fools wanted Girardi gone. This summer, we have the same breed who've given up on AA and Dubi.
We didn't have an MDZ anywhere in the system, and they are nearly impossible to acquire. Dubinsky and Anisimov... dime a dozen. Especially on this team. Krieder looked like a huge upgrade the second he hit the ice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antithesis View Post
I think some folks have a 12 month memory. Dubi was our leading scorer literally the year before this one.

You keep Dubi unless some better opportunity comes along. You keep Anisimov no matter what.
I think that's entirely the idea with Dubinsky... upgrade him. He seems to be coveted around the league for his style of play and probably for the continent he was born on. We have guys that play his style, guys that are more consistent. And everyone else that is just as inconsistent is why we can't afford to have him and his big contract hanging around. If we acquired Dubinsky instead of drafting him, he would already have been run out of town by rabid fans.

Anisimov, I can't even begin to fathom why he's untouchable.

DutchShamrock is offline  
Old
05-30-2012, 12:18 PM
  #27
Matt4776
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Matt4776's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,586
vCash: 500
What I do (i.e. my pipe dream):

Priority 1: Sign Schultz
Priority 2: Sign Parise

We start out the year with:

Kreider-Richards-Gaborik
Parise-Stepan-Callahan/Hagelin
Dubinsky-Anisimov-Hagelin/Callahan
Prust-Boyle-Rupp/Fedotenko

McDonagh-Girardi
Staal-Schultz/Stralman
Del Zotto-Erixon/Stralman

Lundqvist
Biron

Nothing too dramatic, although at this point, Parise is probably a pipe dream. At the deadline (or just later in the year when our cap space expands), we push hard for Iginla. Depending on the year he's having, I would be willing to offer up Dubi+. If Dubi has a rebound year, I would try to get away with perhaps futures (i.e. 1st rounder, Thomas.etc)

Playoff Roster:

Kreider-Richards-Gaborik
Parise-Stepan-Iginla
Hagelin-Anisimov-Callahan
Prust-Boyle-Rupp/Fedotenko

OR

Kreider-Richards-Gaborik
Parise-Stepan-Iginla
Dubinsky-Anisimov-Callahan
Prust-Boyle-Hagelin

McDonagh-Girardi
Staal-Schultz/Stralman
Del Zotto-Erixon/Stralman

Henrik
Biron

I'm not sure if that second forward corps would work cap wise even at the deadline, but if it does it's deadly. Obviously, both top lines can score, third line is a fantastic checking line that can also score,and the fourth line has great defensive play along with speed (Prust, Hagelin) and grit that a tad of scoring touch that we need in the playoffs.

A man can dream...

Matt4776 is offline  
Old
05-30-2012, 12:27 PM
  #28
Punxrocknyc19*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,233
vCash: 500
Players Rangers should target via trade or UFA..

Brandon Sutter...would help with faceoffs and is an RFA.

Joe Pavelski...clutch player but is an UFA summer of 2013 or 2014...

Patrick Sharp.....would help the powerplay and can play wing or center.

Bobby Ryan....adds a more complete goal scorer who adds size.

Mason Raymond...adds speed speed and goal scoring ability...would fit the Rangers...



On defense...

Ryan Wilson....would add some hitting and gritty defensive skills

Dan Boyle...would help the powerplay and has played for Torts on the Bolts.

Cory Sarich.....adds leadership toughness and has playoff experience.

Tobias Enstrom...adds skill and can skate and pass the puck, also has a good shot from the point.

Justin Schultz....a young dman that every team will try to sign with lots of skill.

Mark Stuart....adds toughness grit and can clear the crease ....what do you guys think???

Punxrocknyc19* is offline  
Old
05-30-2012, 12:31 PM
  #29
Killem Dafoe
Moderator
modus operandi
 
Killem Dafoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Land of Bad Drivers
Country: United States
Posts: 15,336
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
Players Rangers should target via trade or UFA..

Brandon Sutter...would help with faceoffs and is an RFA.

Joe Pavelski...clutch player but is an UFA summer of 2013 or 2014...

Patrick Sharp.....would help the powerplay and can play wing or center.

Bobby Ryan....adds a more complete goal scorer who adds size.

Mason Raymond...adds speed speed and goal scoring ability...would fit the Rangers...



On defense...

Ryan Wilson....would add some hitting and gritty defensive skills

Dan Boyle...would help the powerplay and has played for Torts on the Bolts.

Cory Sarich.....adds leadership toughness and has playoff experience.

Tobias Enstrom...adds skill and can skate and pass the puck, also has a good shot from the point.

Justin Schultz....a young dman that every team will try to sign with lots of skill.

Mark Stuart....adds toughness grit and can clear the crease ....what do you guys think???
Man i remember when during the trade deadline there was a short rumor about the Rangers getting Stuart for a 3rd. I was pretty excited.

Killem Dafoe is offline  
Old
05-30-2012, 12:34 PM
  #30
z1co80
The Incredible Hank
 
z1co80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Scotland
Country: Scotland
Posts: 4,901
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Geoffrion View Post
MDZ sucked last year too, fools wanted him gone as well. Prior to that, the same fools wanted Girardi gone. This summer, we have the same breed who've given up on AA and Dubi.
I see you like taking potshots at people for people wanting upgrades to a team that struggled to score more than two goals a game. Words like fools and breed really aren't needed, if you disagree with someone could you not go about it without being a ****?

You quoted my post in the other thread, asking about if i did my trade proposal on NHL 12, Well i dont own NHL 12 and i stated that realistically all i see happening is our 3rd and 4th lines being upgraded but you decided to ignore that so you could criticize a fantasy proposal i myself know wouldn't happen and only posted because i was curious.

Nevermind maybe i am just being to touchy

z1co80 is offline  
Old
05-30-2012, 12:34 PM
  #31
Trxjw
Retired.
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Land of no calls..
Country: United States
Posts: 16,477
vCash: 500
Someone mentioned on the trade board that Jeff Rimer said he expects Sather and Howson to have "serious" talks at the GM meetings this week. Rimer is the play-by-play announcer for the Jackets.

Here's the quote from the poster:
Quote:
on the CBJ sunday radio show, Jeff Rimer said in talking with Sather that he believes that he and Howson will have some serious talks this week during the GM meetings...

Trxjw is offline  
Old
05-30-2012, 12:39 PM
  #32
Glen Teflon Sather
Like A Boss
 
Glen Teflon Sather's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bloomfield, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 4,891
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Glen Teflon Sather
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
Players Rangers should target via trade or UFA..

Brandon Sutter...would help with faceoffs and is an RFA.

Joe Pavelski...clutch player but is an UFA summer of 2013 or 2014...

Patrick Sharp.....would help the powerplay and can play wing or center.

Bobby Ryan....adds a more complete goal scorer who adds size.

Mason Raymond...adds speed speed and goal scoring ability...would fit the Rangers...



On defense...

Ryan Wilson....would add some hitting and gritty defensive skills

Dan Boyle...would help the powerplay and has played for Torts on the Bolts.

Cory Sarich.....adds leadership toughness and has playoff experience.

Tobias Enstrom...adds skill and can skate and pass the puck, also has a good shot from the point.

Justin Schultz....a young dman that every team will try to sign with lots of skill.

Mark Stuart....adds toughness grit and can clear the crease ....what do you guys think???
The only realistic guys on this list would be Raymond and Sarich IMO. Raymond had a Dubi type let down season. He's fast, but IMO that's a lateral move. Sarich I can get on board with

Glen Teflon Sather is offline  
Old
05-30-2012, 12:40 PM
  #33
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck
 
NYRFAN218's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 11,955
vCash: 500
New York Rangers ‏@thenyrangers
The #NYR have agreed to terms with free agent forward Marek Hrivik, who had been playing with @CTWhale on Amateur Tryout Agreement

__________________
http://hfboards.com/image.php?u=53946&type=sigpic&dateline=1320361610
NYRFAN218 is offline  
Old
05-30-2012, 12:44 PM
  #34
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 20,029
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Someone mentioned on the trade board that Jeff Rimer said he expects Sather and Howson to have "serious" talks at the GM meetings this week. Rimer is the play-by-play announcer for the Jackets.

Here's the quote from the poster:
god i hope so.

Inferno is offline  
Old
05-30-2012, 12:45 PM
  #35
Jabroni
The People's Champ
 
Jabroni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 6,591
vCash: 500
I really hope Sather doesn't make one of his pre-lockout dummy moves.

Jabroni is offline  
Old
05-30-2012, 12:52 PM
  #36
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 20,029
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabroni1994 View Post
I really hope Sather doesn't make one of his pre-lockout dummy moves.


I fail to see how adding a guy who has put up the following goal totals would be a dummy move.....

30
32
33
40
38
27
31
26
41
17 (rookie season)


Oh...and hes 27 years old

Oh, and he's 6'4 220lbs

Oh, and he can play either wing.

Oh, and he did all that without ever playing with a legitimate center...Carter isn't a playmaker.


GO GET ME NASH DAMMIT!!!




The only way this becomes a bad move is if we obliterate this team to get it done.

I wouldnt move Kreider, or any of our stud defenseman currently on the roster. cally, stepan, gabby, hagelin, and richards are off limits to varying degrees (id be willing to include hagelin or stepan if other players come out of the deal, etc)

Inferno is offline  
Old
05-30-2012, 12:53 PM
  #37
Killem Dafoe
Moderator
modus operandi
 
Killem Dafoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Land of Bad Drivers
Country: United States
Posts: 15,336
vCash: 50
Oh man. I don't think Sather would add anything more than he already offered for Nash. I hope...

Killem Dafoe is offline  
Old
05-30-2012, 12:56 PM
  #38
FromTheSide
Registered User
 
FromTheSide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 22,605
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FromTheSide Send a message via MSN to FromTheSide
It's impossible for sather to make a stupid move with nash

1) Everyone knows nash wants out
2) Nash was PISSED he didn't get dealt on trade deadline day
3) Howson was asking for an arm and a leg...and a kidney for nash and it backfired. Now his value is even less.

FromTheSide is offline  
Old
05-30-2012, 12:56 PM
  #39
Jabroni
The People's Champ
 
Jabroni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 6,591
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
I fail to see how adding a guy who has put up the following goal totals would be a dummy move.....

30
32
33
40
38
27
31
26
41
17 (rookie season)


Oh...and hes 27 years old

Oh, and he's 6'4 220lbs

Oh, and he can play either wing.

Oh, and he did all that without ever playing with a legitimate center...Carter isn't a playmaker.


GO GET ME NASH DAMMIT!!!




The only way this becomes a bad move is if we obliterate this team to get it done.

I wouldnt move Kreider, or any of our stud defenseman currently on the roster. cally, stepan, gabby, hagelin, and richards are off limits to varying degrees (id be willing to include hagelin or stepan if other players come out of the deal, etc)
This is what would make it a dummy move.

I think if we trade the right guys, we'll be in good shape.

It's just that Columbus's asking price for Nash was ludicrous.

Jabroni is offline  
Old
05-30-2012, 12:57 PM
  #40
EEDAWGZ
Registered User
 
EEDAWGZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Queens,NY
Country: United States
Posts: 857
vCash: 500
I think Dubi has a bounce back yr , had enough of Anisimov, put him in a package deal,we are in desperate need of scoring .At the same time I don't want to make our redundant mistakes of overpaying a lazy veteran

EEDAWGZ is offline  
Old
05-30-2012, 12:58 PM
  #41
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 20,029
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabroni1994 View Post
This is what would make it a dummy move.

I think if we trade the right guys, we'll be in good shape.

It's just that Columbus's asking price for Nash was ludicrous.
yeah, i'd say the likelyhood of McDonagh or Kreider being in this deal are less than zero.

Frankly im not sure Sather would do Nash for either of those guys straight up....not saying i agree or disagree...just saying im not sure he would do it.

Inferno is offline  
Old
05-30-2012, 01:03 PM
  #42
EEDAWGZ
Registered User
 
EEDAWGZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Queens,NY
Country: United States
Posts: 857
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
yeah, i'd say the likelyhood of McDonagh or Kreider being in this deal are less than zero.

Frankly im not sure Sather would do Nash for either of those guys straight up....not saying i agree or disagree...just saying im not sure he would do it.
Sather struck gold with these two , I agree ,no way he involves them in anything

EEDAWGZ is offline  
Old
05-30-2012, 01:06 PM
  #43
z1co80
The Incredible Hank
 
z1co80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Scotland
Country: Scotland
Posts: 4,901
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
yeah, i'd say the likelyhood of McDonagh or Kreider being in this deal are less than zero.

Frankly im not sure Sather would do Nash for either of those guys straight up....not saying i agree or disagree...just saying im not sure he would do it.
There was never anyway we would have given up McDonagh and now Kreider has shown what he can do there is no way Kreider would be included now. Neither will be going anywhere.

I dont know how i'd feel about including MDZ, he frustates me but i also understand he is still progressing. I feel in the long run Erixon will be a better player so i'd prefer to hold on to him so if it came down to the choice of moving MDZ or Erixon i think i'd be more inclined to move MDZ. I do agree with the thinking that players like Dubi shouldn't stop you from getting a Nash.

My worry isn't Nash the player and what he can do on the ice its Nash the $7.8m contract.

z1co80 is offline  
Old
05-30-2012, 01:12 PM
  #44
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,360
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
New York Rangers ‏@thenyrangers
The #NYR have agreed to terms with free agent forward Marek Hrivik, who had been playing with @CTWhale on Amateur Tryout Agreement
Underrated signing right there

NYR Viper is offline  
Old
05-30-2012, 01:15 PM
  #45
Kreider Typical
flex
 
Kreider Typical's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,548
vCash: 500
anybody that still has game 4-6 at 17:25 of the 2nd period in one of those games there is a replay on nbc that shows 2 pucks in the rangers defensive zone... camera glitch or aliens?!?

Kreider Typical is offline  
Old
05-30-2012, 01:18 PM
  #46
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 20,029
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by z1co80 View Post
There was never anyway we would have given up McDonagh and now Kreider has shown what he can do there is no way Kreider would be included now. Neither will be going anywhere.

I dont know how i'd feel about including MDZ, he frustates me but i also understand he is still progressing. I feel in the long run Erixon will be a better player so i'd prefer to hold on to him so if it came down to the choice of moving MDZ or Erixon i think i'd be more inclined to move MDZ. I do agree with the thinking that players like Dubi shouldn't stop you from getting a Nash.

My worry isn't Nash the player and what he can do on the ice its Nash the $7.8m contract.
Yep Nash's only concern for me is his contract. its huge. but you can find ways to work around it.

Inferno is offline  
Old
05-30-2012, 01:19 PM
  #47
TKG
Registered Excuser
 
TKG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 360
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
Theoretically, would anyone trade Stepan/Hagelin (one of them), Del Zotto, Dubinsky, and a draft pick for Bobby Ryan?

Yes. But keep Stepan.

TKG is offline  
Old
05-30-2012, 01:21 PM
  #48
BlessThisMess11
Registered User
 
BlessThisMess11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Brooklyn
Country: United States
Posts: 73
vCash: 500
What do you guys think the cost of Bobby Ryan will be on draft day ?

BlessThisMess11 is offline  
Old
05-30-2012, 01:21 PM
  #49
SnowblindNYR
Registered User
 
SnowblindNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 17,237
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Geoffrion View Post
MDZ sucked last year too, fools wanted him gone as well. Prior to that, the same fools wanted Girardi gone. This summer, we have the same breed who've given up on AA and Dubi.
There's a big age difference between MDZ and Dubi.

SnowblindNYR is offline  
Old
05-30-2012, 01:31 PM
  #50
Drewbackatu*
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 3,048
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EEDAWGZ View Post
Sather struck gold with these two , I agree ,no way he involves them in anything
Darn tootin; McD and Kreider are the future of this team and in my opinion are untouchable.

Drewbackatu* is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:28 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.