HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Potential Leaf Galchenyuk: "I love Toronto"

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-29-2012, 08:03 PM
  #76
sheed36
Registered User
 
sheed36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,875
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mydnyte View Post
I see Subban more as a #2 who needs a solid partner, and Murray could let him run wild.

If Subban is your #1, there will be many high scoring games in the Habs future
So dependable Josh Gorges isn't a solid partner to cover for him? Since you said the Leafs don't really need a potential #1 D-man who may I ask is that on the Leafs backend?

sheed36 is offline  
Old
05-29-2012, 08:30 PM
  #77
Eb
TML
 
Eb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,475
vCash: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGuruPitka View Post
If Burke wants him badly enough, he will be in blue and white. See Henrik and Daniel.
Just like B. Schenn right?

Eb is offline  
Old
05-29-2012, 08:32 PM
  #78
Eb
TML
 
Eb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,475
vCash: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by theLongR0D View Post
Black Ops? No MW3?
Wow I want him now... Black ops > MW3

Eb is offline  
Old
05-29-2012, 09:22 PM
  #79
darrylsittler27
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 3,043
vCash: 500
Why worry?

First off,Montreal should have swapped the 3rd overall for the 5th overall to cover any tampering on our pick.Dudley will stay out of it?Yeah right!We cant lose at fifth,there is no pressure and we take the best kid left.If it is Murray,great.Forsberg,good.A center,excellent.We cant lose at 5th,let the other teams make the mistake and we take whats left,which will be good.Grigenko,Galnychek..whatever,why worry?

darrylsittler27 is offline  
Old
05-29-2012, 09:26 PM
  #80
JGardiner51
Registered User
 
JGardiner51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Leafs Nation
Country: Canada
Posts: 696
vCash: 500
I honestly don't get why were all getting so excited about this interview. WHAT ELSE IS THE KID SUPPOSED TO SAY? I hate toronto? like cmon. Sure he may "like Toronto" but its no more than any other team in the top 5.

JGardiner51 is offline  
Old
05-29-2012, 10:55 PM
  #81
sheed36
Registered User
 
sheed36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,875
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by darrylsittler27 View Post
First off,Montreal should have swapped the 3rd overall for the 5th overall to cover any tampering on our pick.Dudley will stay out of it?Yeah right!We cant lose at fifth,there is no pressure and we take the best kid left.If it is Murray,great.Forsberg,good.A center,excellent.We cant lose at 5th,let the other teams make the mistake and we take whats left,which will be good.Grigenko,Galnychek..whatever,why worry?
To cover tampering on your pick???

sheed36 is offline  
Old
05-29-2012, 11:15 PM
  #82
BayStBullies
Burn the Boats!
 
BayStBullies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: @BayStBullies
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,854
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
To cover tampering on your pick???
If Dudley was looking to leave; there was no benefit in keeping him here. The Leafs had nothing to win from that scenario.

I'm sure the Habs do not care what the Leafs want with pick 5. Be more concerned with the later rounds.


Last edited by ULF_55: 05-30-2012 at 08:37 AM.
BayStBullies is offline  
Old
05-29-2012, 11:22 PM
  #83
BayStBullies
Burn the Boats!
 
BayStBullies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: @BayStBullies
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,854
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGardiner51 View Post
I honestly don't get why were all getting so excited about this interview. WHAT ELSE IS THE KID SUPPOSED TO SAY? I hate toronto? like cmon. Sure he may "like Toronto" but its no more than any other team in the top 5.
Do you not understand the point of using quotation marks? He never stated that he may "like Toronto". There is enough false information floating around; getting a direct quote wrong when the article is painfully available to you is just sloppy.

Here's an idea; don't interpret the meaning of another persons words, if you can 't even take the time to understand them.

My biggest annoyance by far is someone who misquotes someone else.

BayStBullies is offline  
Old
05-30-2012, 06:59 AM
  #84
Kulemon
Registered User
 
Kulemon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,268
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGardiner51 View Post
I honestly don't get why were all getting so excited about this interview. WHAT ELSE IS THE KID SUPPOSED TO SAY? I hate toronto? like cmon. Sure he may "like Toronto" but its no more than any other team in the top 5.
Columbus and the New York Isles are in the top 5....

Kulemon is offline  
Old
05-30-2012, 07:19 AM
  #85
SteveV*
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 6,212
vCash: 500
Let me get this straight, a kid on a Toronto radio station said he loved Toronto. Man, that is very insightful stuff.

SteveV* is offline  
Old
05-30-2012, 07:52 AM
  #86
re5piration
'67 til
 
re5piration's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,406
vCash: 500
Get'er done, Burkie. Him or Forsberg.

re5piration is offline  
Old
05-30-2012, 08:30 AM
  #87
mydnyte
Registered User
 
mydnyte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Country: Italy
Posts: 10,305
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
So dependable Josh Gorges isn't a solid partner to cover for him? Since you said the Leafs don't really need a potential #1 D-man who may I ask is that on the Leafs backend?
Phaneuff is the Leafs de facto #1 ...Dependable Josh Gorges is not a top pairing d-man the same way that Dependable Gunnarson is not a top pairing d-man.

A healthy Markov would be your #1, but, he may never be truly healthy again

mydnyte is offline  
Old
05-30-2012, 08:36 AM
  #88
suprvilce
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Country: Slovenia
Posts: 1,238
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eb View Post
Just like B. Schenn right?
I guess he didn't want him badly enough?

suprvilce is online now  
Old
05-30-2012, 08:42 AM
  #89
bobbyflex
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,392
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by suprvilce View Post
I guess he didn't want him badly enough?
what would you rather have:

B.Schenn OR

Nazem Kadri
Kenny Ryan
Jesse Blacker

Dean Lombardi was willing to flip the 5th overall for the 7th overall in 2009. But he wanted both 2nd round picks that year as well. Burkie declined

bobbyflex is offline  
Old
05-30-2012, 08:46 AM
  #90
suprvilce
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Country: Slovenia
Posts: 1,238
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyflex View Post
what would you rather have:

B.Schenn OR

Nazem Kadri
Kenny Ryan
Jesse Blacker

Dean Lombardi was willing to flip the 5th overall for the 7th overall in 2009. But he wanted both 2nd round picks that year as well. Burkie declined
I never heard that story so i can't comment on it, it could very well be a fabrication. We'll have to wait a few years to see how things turn out. Just because Schenn is an NHL player already and Kadri hasn't made the Leafs full time and Blacker is in AHL doesn't mean it was a bad decision not to make the trade (if it was on the table at all).

EDIT: Besides moving up almost every other year might not be the smartest idea. Leafs already moved up in 2008 to pick Schenn (look how that worked out so far), Burke was talking loud how he wanted to get Tavares (also in 2009), and we traded up again in 2011 for Biggs. Eventually some of these 2nd and 3rd round picks you give up all the time will pan out and you'll regret always trading up when (yes, hindsight) that happens.

suprvilce is online now  
Old
05-30-2012, 08:51 AM
  #91
Phatic
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 424
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveV View Post
Let me get this straight, a kid on a Toronto radio station said he loved Toronto. Man, that is very insightful stuff.
thought i should add, he was baited into saying it as well

Phatic is offline  
Old
05-30-2012, 09:40 AM
  #92
ForSpareParts*
agreement
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 5,904
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kesleaf View Post
What do you all make of this? Here is a talented center than WANTS to play in a hockey hotbed. A place which dissuaded a bunch of top centers from playing in this city, mainly due to the spotlight.

I would honestly go all out and get this guy! You don't come buy many potential #1C's that actually "want" to play in Toronto.
I think that the collective self-esteem of this city is a serious problem.

Face
Palm
Action

ForSpareParts* is offline  
Old
05-30-2012, 11:39 AM
  #93
Stats01
Registered User
 
Stats01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,917
vCash: 500
If he's available at 5 he is a must pick, I will be PISSED!! if we pick someone ahead of him. We need a young talented center, he's a talented young center.

Stats01 is offline  
Old
05-30-2012, 12:10 PM
  #94
MildlyAwesome
Rational Leaf Fan
 
MildlyAwesome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 953
vCash: 500
I've read this thread and usually I don't respond to this but some people here are reading way to much into this.

1) Galchenyuk will probably say the same thing about every city. Rarely will a player say he doesn't want to play there and he would love to play in any city as his dream is to be drafted into the NHL.

2) Deeming the draft a failure if we get Murray? That would be awesome if we got Murray. Our defense sucks. Murray is going to be a great defender and has been rated as the second best prospect behind Yakupov.

3) Deeming Burke a failure if Galchenyuk is picked by Montreal. How is that Burke's fault if another team selects him first?

4) Adding him on XBL and hounding him with messages? Don't be that guy.

MildlyAwesome is offline  
Old
05-30-2012, 12:20 PM
  #95
Jacob8hockey*
Maple Leaf Fan
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: London, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,661
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MildlyAwesome View Post
I've read this thread and usually I don't respond to this but some people here are reading way to much into this.

1) Galchenyuk will probably say the same thing about every city. Rarely will a player say he doesn't want to play there and he would love to play in any city as his dream is to be drafted into the NHL.

2) Deeming the draft a failure if we get Murray? That would be awesome if we got Murray. Our defense sucks. Murray is going to be a great defender and has been rated as the second best prospect behind Yakupov.

3) Deeming Burke a failure if Galchenyuk is picked by Montreal. How is that Burke's fault if another team selects him first?

4) Adding him on XBL and hounding him with messages? Don't be that guy.
Actually I just added him and I was gonna try and join his game if he did and i doubt he accepts but if he does ill try and talk to him. No messages sent.

Jacob8hockey* is offline  
Old
05-30-2012, 01:17 PM
  #96
robdicks
Registered User
 
robdicks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Welland ON
Posts: 5,518
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyflex View Post
what would you rather have:

B.Schenn OR

Nazem Kadri
Kenny Ryan
Jesse Blacker

Dean Lombardi was willing to flip the 5th overall for the 7th overall in 2009. But he wanted both 2nd round picks that year as well. Burkie declined
well in hindsight I would take the only player that is currently a regular NHLer....

robdicks is offline  
Old
05-30-2012, 01:23 PM
  #97
cyris
Global Moderator
The one who knocks!
 
cyris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 3rd Planet From Sun.
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,166
vCash: 797
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyflex View Post
what would you rather have:

B.Schenn OR

Nazem Kadri
Kenny Ryan
Jesse Blacker

Dean Lombardi was willing to flip the 5th overall for the 7th overall in 2009. But he wanted both 2nd round picks that year as well. Burkie declined
Here on HF Kadri is a bust and B.Schenn is still an elite prospect.

B.Schenn:
Games 63
Goals 12
Assists 8
Points 20
+/- -9

Kadri:
Games 51
Goals 8
Assists 11
Points 19
+/- -2


Last edited by cyris: 05-30-2012 at 01:41 PM.
cyris is offline  
Old
05-30-2012, 01:37 PM
  #98
Edgeworth*
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,847
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafsJacob8 View Post
Actually I just added him and I was gonna try and join his game if he did and i doubt he accepts but if he does ill try and talk to him. No messages sent.
If he gets drafted by Toronto should just changed your name to LeafsStalker8

<3

Edgeworth* is offline  
Old
05-30-2012, 01:46 PM
  #99
Jacob8hockey*
Maple Leaf Fan
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: London, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,661
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgeworth View Post
If he gets drafted by Toronto should just changed your name to LeafsStalker8

<3
Played a game of black ops with im pretty sure they guy he shares the account with cause he should be at combine.

Jacob8hockey* is offline  
Old
05-30-2012, 01:47 PM
  #100
7even
Moderator
Deus Ex Machina
 
7even's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Georgia
Country: United States
Posts: 7,655
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyris View Post
Here on HF Kadri is a bust and B.Schenn is still an elite prospect.

B.Schenn:
Games 63
Goals 12
Assists 8
Points 20
+/- -9

Kadri:
Games 51
Goals 8
Assists 11
Points 19
+/- -2

Funny how often that gets overlooked/played down.

7even is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:29 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.