HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Official Offseason Thread (Part II) - Brooks: Rangers after Radulov

Closed Thread

Old
05-30-2012, 02:32 PM
Zuccarello Awesome*

vCash: 500
Apparently, if you're not head over heels in love with every single homegrown Ranger, you're a fool.

Any team that trades a homegrown player loses the trade, right?

Some of you are so blinded by your obsession with homegrown players, I don't think you'd trade Lindberg for Malkin. "Malkin is overpaid!! Lindberg is on a ELC!! Fools!!"

I haven't seen anyone suggest we trade away all our youth for aging stars.

Some of us who accurately understand the urgency of the current situation/window of opportunity simply want to explore the option of trading 1 or 2 young players along with a roster player and/or picks to acquire a legitimate top-line scorer who happen to also be YOUNG. This ridiculous overvaluing of our drafted players is truly reaching levels of absurdity that I thought only Leaf fans could reach. Wow.

Old
05-30-2012, 02:33 PM
TKG
Registered Excuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
I think the difference here is that nobody wants AA and Dubi to be GONE. what we want is to upgrade the team and understand that those are the chips that are the most easily traded.

I like Dubi as a player a LOT. I think he's a lot closer to the player he was 2 years ago than the one he was last year. The guy who led our team in scoring, not the guy who was a complete non-factor in about 75 games this season.

Yep. This all right here. 4.2 M is alot if you dont produce. Brandon can frost his tips elsewhere.

Old
05-30-2012, 02:37 PM
TKG
Registered Excuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
BTW, really impressed our offseason talk has gotten this far already.

Best fans in the NHL don't miss a beat after getting knocked out
Giant fans might be the only others that are as loyal or beyond our loyalty to the Rangers.

Old
05-30-2012, 02:38 PM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKG View Post
Yes. But keep Stepan.
For now anyway. Tell you what, he better get physically stronger and improve his skating or he's basically maxed out his ability and he will continue to be a card carrying member of our "Mr. Softie/cant produce in the playoffs club."

By the way, make mine vanilla with sprinkles.

Old
05-30-2012, 02:39 PM
Machinehead
Hank, pls

Mason Raymond sucks. I wouldn't grab him for Dubi straight up and that's saying alot coming from me because Dubi is my whipping boy.

Old
05-30-2012, 02:40 PM
BigDaddyNYR
Calgary Flames GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlessThisMess11 View Post
What do you guys think the cost of Bobby Ryan will be on draft day ?
I would say Dubi, MDZ, Gaborik, and their 1st round draft pick.

Rangers get Bobby Ryan, Schultz, Etem, Palmieri. Then freeing rangers up to get parise.

(That is my opinion on what they should do.)

Old
05-30-2012, 02:41 PM
TKG
Registered Excuser

Does this deal work?

NY RANGERS GET:

Patrick Sharp C/W

Dave Bolland C

Chicago Blackhawks Get:

Brandon Dubinsky C/W
Artem Anisimov c/w

Last edited by TKG: 05-30-2012 at 02:49 PM. Reason: Had wrong player in my head.
Old
05-30-2012, 02:42 PM
NYRSchrute217

Please get Ryan or Iginla. Iginla would fit this team perfectly, big winger who can score. Ryan is big too but not as physical.

Either way, Dubinsky, McIlrath, Thomas, 1st rounder ('12, '13) should be in play. If we can get Ryan for Hagelin, Dubinsky, McIlrath and a first, I do it.

Old
05-30-2012, 02:44 PM
Killem Dafoe
k.

vCash: 50
Quote:
Does this deal work?

NY RANGERS GET:

Patrick Sharp C/W
Kyle Beach W

Chicago Blackhawks Get:

Brandon Dubinsky C/W
Artem Anisimov c/w
I think Chicago says no IMO. I would think we would have to add more to snag a package including Sharp.

Old
05-30-2012, 02:44 PM
Machinehead
Hank, pls

Quote:
Does this deal work?

NY RANGERS GET:

Patrick Sharp C/W
Kyle Beach W

Chicago Blackhawks Get:

Brandon Dubinsky C/W
Artem Anisimov c/w
The Rangers would do that in a heartbeat and squeal like school girls on prom night if it went down.

Chicago on the other hand would give a hardy laugh and say "Nice try , Glen, but April fools was two months ago!"

Old
05-30-2012, 02:45 PM
NYRSchrute217

Quote:
Does this deal work?

NY RANGERS GET:

Patrick Sharp C/W
Kyle Beach W

Chicago Blackhawks Get:

Brandon Dubinsky C/W
Artem Anisimov c/w
Hate trading Anisimov, because he shows flashes of brilliance. I'd do it though. Why can't you just be consistent Arty?

Old
05-30-2012, 02:47 PM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuccarello Awesome View Post
Apparently, if you're not head over heels in love with every single homegrown Ranger, you're a fool.

Any team that trades a homegrown player loses the trade, right?

Some of you are so blinded by your obsession with homegrown players, I don't think you'd trade Lindberg for Malkin. "Malkin is overpaid!! Lindberg is on a ELC!! Fools!!"

I haven't seen anyone suggest we trade away all our youth for aging stars.

Some of us who accurately understand the urgency of the current situation/window of opportunity simply want to explore the option of trading 1 or 2 young players along with a roster player and/or picks to acquire a legitimate top-line scorer who happen to also be YOUNG. This ridiculous overvaluing of our drafted players is truly reaching levels of absurdity that I thought only Leaf fans could reach. Wow.
As Ed MacMahon used to say to Carson on the tonite show,
"
You Are Correct Sir."

It really is laughable at best when some of our fans fixate on Thomas potting 50+ in Jrs or St. Croix's production last year, etcetera and so on. They also think Del Zaster was a better pick than Carlson and Eberle or even Ennis and the Flyers lucked into Giroux because we picked the highly rated Bobby Sangs.

Really amusing, ain't it?

Old
05-30-2012, 02:50 PM
Killem Dafoe
k.

vCash: 50
Anisimov was almost a hero. That break would have been a sweet goal and a 3-2 lead had Brodeur not sticked it away.

Kid has some moves he's just a little inconsistent. He's perfect for our third line IMO. Unless he's package in a deal (for example if Chicago actually send us Sharp for Ani and Duby) then i'm down. But other than that, I'm happy keeping him around.

Old
05-30-2012, 02:50 PM
MetalGodAOD
Star Rangers

Quote:
Does this deal work?

NY RANGERS GET:

Patrick Sharp C/W

Dave Bolland C

Chicago Blackhawks Get:

Brandon Dubinsky C/W
Artem Anisimov c/w
Not a chance.

Old
05-30-2012, 02:52 PM
TKG
Registered Excuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killem Dafoe View Post
I think Chicago says no IMO. I would think we would have to add more to snag a package including Sharp.

More like picks/prospects? Or NHL level player?

Old
05-30-2012, 02:54 PM
NYRSchrute217

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbackatu View Post
"
You Are Correct Sir."

It really is laughable at best when some of our fans fixate on Thomas potting 50+ in Jrs or St. Croix's production last year, etcetera and so on. They also think Del Zaster was a better pick than Carlson and Eberle or even Ennis and the Flyers lucked into Giroux because we picked the highly rated Bobby Sangs.

I think you're over exaggerating Del Zotto's poor play against NJ. He was bad, but his season was terrific. He is what he is. Developing into a 50 point defenseman who plays solid on the back end and has an occasional gaffe. For NYR's style, he's a better fit than Carlson. We have shutdown D in McDonagh, Girardi and Staal. Obviously Eberle would be awesome to have and he's already a star in this league, but the Del Zotto pick was more than fine with me.

Also, St. Croix looks like he has nice potential. Could be a late round pick with some upside. Those do exist, you know, like Carl Hagelin. I'd include him in a deal for a Ryan or Iginla or Nash, but don't be so quick to dismiss him. Kid looks like he can play.

Old
05-30-2012, 03:07 PM
TKG
Registered Excuser

Quote:
Does this deal work?

NY RANGERS GET:

Patrick Sharp C/W

Dave Bolland C

Chicago Blackhawks Get:

Brandon Dubinsky C/W
Artem Anisimov c/w

Nevermind this proposal, I don't pay much attention to Western Conference hockey I didn't realize Sharp had almost 70 points. If this were someone else's trade proposal I would laugh at it.

I am going to go sit for 2 and feel shame, now.

Old
05-30-2012, 03:11 PM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

Quote:
Does this deal work?

NY RANGERS GET:

Patrick Sharp C/W

Dave Bolland C

Chicago Blackhawks Get:

Brandon Dubinsky C/W
Artem Anisimov c/w
Much worse than the original deal you proposed.

Old
05-30-2012, 03:19 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
The Red Wings have called a press conference tomorrow morning at Joe Louis Arena. Ken Holland and Nick Lidstrom are expected to speak.
https://twitter.com/DetroitRedWings/...13136232202240

Ryan Suter. Here is your suitcase of money.

Sounds like retirement.

Old
05-30-2012, 03:19 PM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

edit: nvm

Last edited by Ih8theislanders: 05-30-2012 at 03:25 PM.
Old
05-30-2012, 03:22 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

The Rangers aren't giving up McDonagh or Kreider for Nash. Stepan and Staal are likely off limits as well. They may have softened on Del Zotto, but I doubt it. Unless Howson gives in, or Sather has a card he hasn't played yet, I think Nash to NY is destined to fail.

Old
05-30-2012, 03:22 PM
jskramer83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbackatu View Post
"
You Are Correct Sir."

Same as the people who think trading for or signing a star Vet means he will come here and put up the same numbers he did with his past team.

But thinking a 21 year old defensman won't improve his game is just a lack of understanding on how young players progress. Giving up on him could very well come back and bite you in the ass, especially when he can put up 40 plus points a year

Old
05-30-2012, 03:23 PM
Machinehead
Hank, pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
The Rangers aren't giving up McDonagh or Kreider for Nash. Stepan and Staal are likely off limits as well. They may have softened on Del Zotto, but I doubt it. Unless Howson gives in, or Sather has a card he hasn't played yet, I think Nash to NY is destined to fail.
I agree. I think if we were gonna do something stupid for Nash, we would've done it already.

Old
05-30-2012, 03:33 PM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRSchrute217 View Post
I think you're over exaggerating Del Zotto's poor play against NJ. He was bad, but his season was terrific. He is what he is. Developing into a 50 point defenseman who plays solid on the back end and has an occasional gaffe. For NYR's style, he's a better fit than Carlson. We have shutdown D in McDonagh, Girardi and Staal. Obviously Eberle would be awesome to have and he's already a star in this league, but the Del Zotto pick was more than fine with me.

Also, St. Croix looks like he has nice potential. Could be a late round pick with some upside. Those do exist, you know, like Carl Hagelin. I'd include him in a deal for a Ryan or Iginla or Nash, but don't be so quick to dismiss him. Kid looks like he can play.
Sorry, I tend to get carried away sometimes. My biggest concern with MDZ is his lack of awareness on the ice in the "D" zone, poor positioning and terrible reads. He has terrific talent but I don't get the feeling he'll max it out going forward. That being said, guess I would still keep him!
Gabby? Hated him from day #1 and I don't really give a crap how many goals he scores in the regular season but we're stuck with him too because no team in their right mind is gonna take his overblown contract.

Old
05-30-2012, 03:38 PM
Pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
Underrated signing right there
I'd love to see us hit the Jack Pot on a "came from no where" player like this. The Dan Girardi version of a forward basically.

Closed Thread