HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ryan Smyth potential free agent signing

Old
05-29-2012, 04:10 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by massivegoonery View Post
Yay, five years of Bowman learning on the job.

I guess every GM is learning on the job then. I don't see any teams winning the Cup every year.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2012, 04:12 PM
digdug41982

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post

I guess every GM is learning on the job then. I don't see any teams winning the Cup every year.
No, only the stupid ones. I've got to say, Massive has been spot on with his posting of late, especially regarding Bowman and his moves. Give credit where it is due.

digdug41982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2012, 04:19 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
No, only the stupid ones. I've got to say, Massive has been spot on with his posting of late, especially regarding Bowman and his moves. Give credit where it is due.
Give credit where credit is do? One liners? Seriously? I don't think I've ever seen Massive layout one thoughtful post.

I guess Dean Lombardi is an idiot.. I guess Kenny Holland is a moron and I suppose Ray Shero has no ****ing clue what he's doing, right? Pittsburgh and Detroit haven't made it out of the 2nd round since 2009 and Dean Lombardi was critized like Bowman is now, before getting the right players for his team.. now they're in the Stanley Cup final and he doesn't look too stupid, does he?

Old
05-30-2012, 12:42 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Massive can be a good poster if he wants to be... there was a time when he wanted to be at least instead of only the one liners

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 03:48 AM
TheFatOne
Mr.Negativo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevanston View Post
I hope not.

He's basically Andrew Brunette, but with a higher price tag, and an even higher chance of demanding to go back to Edmonton at some point.

Looks like the Kings are really missing him.

what a hell are you talking about? he is way better then Brunette. have you even seen smyth played the last years? he still gott it.

gritty veteran guy with decent skills.

TheFatOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 04:01 AM
Pepe Silvia

lol at comparing smyth to brunette

Pepe Silvia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 09:17 AM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Give credit where credit is do? One liners? Seriously? I don't think I've ever seen Massive layout one thoughtful post.

I guess Dean Lombardi is an idiot.. I guess Kenny Holland is a moron and I suppose Ray Shero has no ****ing clue what he's doing, right? Pittsburgh and Detroit haven't made it out of the 2nd round since 2009 and Dean Lombardi was critized like Bowman is now, before getting the right players for his team.. now they're in the Stanley Cup final and he doesn't look too stupid, does he?
Exactly, everyone is stupid except for Lou and Lombardi.

This board is becoming a joke.

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 09:35 AM
digdug41982

Bowman does NOTHING. That's his strategy. It's unlike anything else going on with any team that has any idea of winning anything.

Lombardi acquired two core studs signed long term. Bowman would be scared ****less to bring in one player like that.

Old
05-30-2012, 10:57 AM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Quote:
Bowman does NOTHING. That's his strategy. It's unlike anything else going on with any team that has any idea of winning anything.

Lombardi acquired two core studs signed long term. Bowman would be scared ****less to bring in one player like that.
...Because we already have ours...

I'm not a big Bowman fan. At all. But blasting him for not bringing in more top end talent on a team deep with it is moronic.

DisgruntledHawkFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 10:59 AM
digdug41982

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan View Post
...Because we already have ours...

I'm not a big Bowman fan. At all. But blasting him for not bringing in more top end talent on a team deep with it is moronic.
It's not just that. The bashing is because everything does and everything he decides not to do is moronic.

Old
05-30-2012, 11:04 AM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
I think he's whiffed terribly on what the secondary pieces should be... But as I said, blasting him for not bringing in top end talent isn't fair. This team has it in spades.

DisgruntledHawkFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 11:09 AM
digdug41982

Quote:
I think he's whiffed terribly on what the secondary pieces should be... But as I said, blasting him for not bringing in top end talent isn't fair. This team has it in spades.
Yeah, it's just we are in such a position with the defense and goaltending that Suter became a necessity in my mind. Maybe there are/were trades we could have done to fix that problem but Suter was a quick and dry solution. If Stan still signs Suter then flips Hammer for a 2nd line center, that wouldn't be so bad but I still would have prefered Hammer to Oduya quite a bit, especially considering they have the same cap hit now. This would also require dumping Frolik and/or Montador.

Old
05-30-2012, 01:00 PM
Rexy

Quote:
Kyle Beach, Ben Smith even Jeremy Morin could be the secondary pieces. Stan just loves the vets.

you telling me that those three players wouldn't have been better than Brunette?
Pirri couldn't be better on a callup basis than Morrison?

I'd take Beach over Brunette in a heartbeat.

Rexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 01:02 PM
MurrayBannerman
Uno Besto Washoooooo

vCash: 470
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexy View Post
Kyle Beach, Ben Smith even Jeremy Morin could be the secondary pieces. Stan just loves the vets.

you telling me that those three players wouldn't have been better than Brunette?

Beach had a shoulder injury most of the season...

MurrayBannerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 01:04 PM
Rexy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurrayBannerman View Post
Beach had a shoulder injury most of the season...
yes, I am aware of that. But I thought he should have made the team out of camp.

Rexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 01:18 PM
stingo

I'd be for it if the price was right. He's better than Brunnette.

stingo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 01:28 PM
MagicSlap*

No thanks, would rather a player like Hayes or Beach get a shot in this role. If they don't work out we can send them down.

MagicSlap* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 02:13 PM
H a w k s

Quote:

Considering Morin was coming off a concussion, Beach at this time last year was still viewed as a high skilled big guy with even bigger idiocy and Smith is a 4th line guy.

Lets pin our 2nd line center spot this year on Danault, David Toews and Rob Flick

H a w k s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 02:17 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:

What did new Jersey do?

Brought in Zidlicky (Bowman would of been balsted for acquiring him, no doubt about that)
Brought in Ponikarovsky (...ya)
Am I missing something else?

At some point, we have to start blaming the players who actually play the game. Like the goalie we have who completely **** the bed in the post-season.

We don't need 2 'stars' like Suter, Parise...we need players who are willing to do WHATEVER it takes to win. Seems like our players don't want to do that.

Old
05-30-2012, 02:17 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:

This post just goes to show, no matter what, Bowman can't win.

Most of the fans on this board were crying "no more rookies next year" at the end of 2010-11.. Most fans wanted veterans while the young players developed..

And now we have people using that against him? FFS. If you talk to some people, Bowman is too in love with young players (Kruger, Leddy, etc) and clearly, if we talk to you, he doesn't have enough?

He simply can't win, no matter what he does. He could find a way to bring a healthy Sidney Crosby to Chicago for propsects and picks and you'd still find people whining about something.

Old
05-30-2012, 02:19 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

you need some vets on the Roster... young guys will improve a lot. Smyth won't sign with a contender. I see him going back to long island and be a mentor for this young team. Or he comes to us. Did he play under Q?

Old
05-30-2012, 02:20 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
What did new Jersey do?

Brought in Zidlicky (Bowman would of been balsted for acquiring him, no doubt about that)
Brought in Ponikarovsky (...ya)
Am I missing something else?

At some point, we have to start blaming the players who actually play the game. Like the goalie we have who completely **** the bed in the post-season.

We don't need 2 'stars' like Suter, Parise...we need players who are willing to do WHATEVER it takes to win. Seems like our players don't want to do that.
I agree.

Our problems start with the goal and end with coaching

Old
05-30-2012, 02:24 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:

Bowman has already signed our "core studs" to long-term contracts.. why does he need to trade for more? It's not that Bowman doesn't have the balls to acquire big-name players.. it's that he already has Toews, Kane, Hossa, Sharp, Keith and Seabrook signed for the foreseeable future.

It's like I already said.. Dean Lombardi was critized for a long time for, as many here would put it (especially you), "sitting on his hands". Could it be because the players he could have gotten, or according to fans like you should have, didn't fit what he felt his team needed? Hmm...

Old
05-30-2012, 02:26 PM
digdug41982

Quote:
This post just goes to show, no matter what, Bowman can't win.

Most of the fans on this board were crying "no more rookies next year" at the end of 2010-11.. Most fans wanted veterans while the young players developed..

And now we have people using that against him? FFS. If you talk to some people, Bowman is too in love with young players (Kruger, Leddy, etc) and clearly, if we talk to you, he doesn't have enough?

He simply can't win, no matter what he does. He could find a way to bring a healthy Sidney Crosby to Chicago for propsects and picks and you'd still find people whining about something.
NO, it comes from the realization this team isn't going to be contending for anything except a playoff spot. Since that is the case, let's play the kids instead and still make the playoffs.

Just like I said at the TD. If all you are going to do is get Oduya, just play Olsen, we'll end up in the same place.

Old
05-30-2012, 02:29 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
NO, it comes from the realization this team isn't going to be contending for anything except a playoff spot.
Wasn't LA contending for a playoff spot, and just barely squeaked in?
Look at them now.