HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Roberto Luongo Thread (Keep all rumors/speculation here)

Closed Thread

Old
05-30-2012, 05:53 PM
vanwest

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnish Your Czechs View Post
Let's put pen to paper and get this deal done!!
Agreed. No take backs.
It looks like both sides are in agreement.

Old
05-30-2012, 06:25 PM
LeafsFan2342
#CallupColborne

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhay1987 View Post
Man is it just me or would just jake Gardner alone probably be Enough to get this done?

A lot of Leaf folk might not even like that..
Jake Gardiner alone is too much for Luongo

Old
05-30-2012, 06:26 PM
SIDGENO8771

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeger View Post
TO VANCOUVER:
Mike Komisarek
TO TORONTO:
Roberto Luongo

Gross overpayment, in my opinion.. But I didn't make the proposal. You can thank the nice folks over at Sportsnet and the FAN 540.
Now its more serious

Old
05-30-2012, 06:27 PM
Inverted

you mean the guys who are on the vancouver sportsnet lol

Old
05-30-2012, 06:30 PM
JGardiner51

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Old
05-30-2012, 06:30 PM
vanwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIDGENO8771 View Post
Now its more serious
Sorry. We've already sent the contract to the league for approval. Have your assistant call mine and we'll do lunch some time.

Old
05-30-2012, 06:31 PM
htpwn

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGardiner51 View Post
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Quoted for emphasis.

Wouldn't trade any of those 3 pieces straight up for Luongo, let alone as part of a package.

Old
05-30-2012, 06:32 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Gross overpayment by the Leafs. Take out one of Gardiner or the 1st and its still borderline IMO

Old
05-30-2012, 06:32 PM
Fearless Leaf*
Playiffs 2013!!!!!

As a Leafs fan, I approve of this trade. Luongo may be little shaky come play-off time but who cares about all that when we can at the very least feel the breeze of the play-offs in like a decade now. Making the play-offs is the first and foremost priority and Luongo gives us just that even if it means never getting passed through the first round.

I say this trade win-win situation for both teams and I had happily be ready to shop out overrated but d-men like Gardiner and Schenn along with a useless pick for sexy 7uongo.

Old
05-30-2012, 06:33 PM
Skead

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGardiner51 View Post
So... that's a no then?

Old
05-30-2012, 06:36 PM
Aqualung

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafsFan2342 View Post
Jake Gardiner alone is too much for Luongo
I don't think so.

It's more about how much Toronto wants Luongo. If there are other options out there (Vokoun), Luongo is less valuable and Gardiner is a piece you can keep.

But I don't think Gardiner is more valuable than Luongo, contract and potential on both sides considered.

Old
05-30-2012, 06:36 PM
Inverted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupes View Post
As a Leafs fan, I approve of this trade. Luongo may be little shaky come play-off time but who cares about all that when we can at the very least feel the breeze of the play-offs in like a decade now. Making the play-offs is the first and foremost priority and Luongo gives us just that even if it means never getting passed through the first round.

I say this trade win-win situation for both teams and I had happily be ready to shop out overrated but d-men like Gardiner and Schenn along with a useless pick for sexy 7uongo.
i hope you're not serious

Old
05-30-2012, 06:37 PM
Finnish Your Czechs

vCash: 50
Quote:

As a Leaf fan, I don't think you're in a position to troll anyone about their goaltending

Old
05-30-2012, 06:38 PM
Vandelay Industries

What was the point of this thread?

Old
05-30-2012, 06:45 PM
Socratic Method Man
Weise's Lost Lunch

vCash: 622
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloaner1171 View Post
The same point of every Luongo thread Leafs fans start.

To tell us how much they hate/do not want Luongo or else to try to prove how valueless Luongo is, to the point that they get him for free.

Old
05-30-2012, 06:47 PM
Joe Pesci
Do I amuse you?

Quote:

Wasn't sure if serious till up to here. I should've known better.

Old
05-30-2012, 06:54 PM
vanwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnish Your Czechs View Post
As a Leaf fan, I don't think you're in a position to troll anyone about their goaltending
LOL! you mean 9eimer and the M8nster.

Old
05-30-2012, 06:56 PM
Inverted

its pretty funny listening to these guys "the canucks are well within their right to ask for any players on the leafs roster" "the first round (5th overall) pick looks pretty good, luke schenn, jake gardiner"

patrick roy was 30 years old had 2 stanley cups to his name when he got traded, and what did he fetch for the habs?

Old
05-30-2012, 07:01 PM
NYVanfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloaner1171 View Post
actually i think there's a good point in this thread

and that is that whatever random rumour from whatever media outlet of choice that generally leads to a dozen or so pages of argumentative posts here is no more valid than the next.

this proposal is no more accurate than the ones claiming Luongo's worth a 2nd, or less than Schenn alone, etc

its all speculation, and the real value will be determined by how many bidders there are and how much Gillis can get for him.

im guessing (admittedly hoping) that given how infrequently a goalie of his calibre hits the market that the price will be very good. However, his age and the length of the contract are minuses, so i'm guessing about half of this rumour will be the take ...would be happy with Gardiner and a 2nd. But can see Leafs fans pov too..

Old
05-30-2012, 07:03 PM
Bourne Endeavor
( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

vCash: 13357
Tell ya what, you can keep the pick and Schenn. We will settle for just Gardiner.

Old
05-30-2012, 07:17 PM
Socratic Method Man
Weise's Lost Lunch

vCash: 622
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYVanfan View Post
actually i think there's a good point in this thread

and that is that whatever random rumour from whatever media outlet of choice that generally leads to a dozen or so pages of argumentative posts here is no more valid than the next.

this proposal is no more accurate than the ones claiming Luongo's worth a 2nd, or less than Schenn alone, etc

its all speculation, and the real value will be determined by how many bidders there are and how much Gillis can get for him.

im guessing (admittedly hoping) that given how infrequently a goalie of his calibre hits the market that the price will be very good. However, his age and the length of the contract are minuses, so i'm guessing about half of this rumour will be the take ...would be happy with Gardiner and a 2nd. But can see Leafs fans pov too..
This is the most rational post I recall seeing on the subject.

I liked the video though, as they are actual sports guys inside the market talking. It's funny when reality comes crashing down on the fantasy of HFBoards. It's such a jarring shock. "Whaaaa? But I've been saying he's worth Tyler Bozak..."

Again, as you say, the end result is most likely going to be somewhere in between what these sports commentators say, and what Leaf fans say (Mike Komisarek & 6th round pick).

Old
05-30-2012, 07:21 PM
Vorkosh

Quote:
Originally Posted by H0MER View Post
its pretty funny listening to these guys "the canucks are well within their right to ask for any players on the leafs roster" "the first round (5th overall) pick looks pretty good, luke schenn, jake gardiner"

patrick roy was 30 years old had 2 stanley cups to his name when he got traded, and what did he fetch for the habs?
Patrick Roy also told the Habs he just played his last game with the team and was willing to sit out the season to make a point. Everyone knew he had to be dealt.

Luongo has not mentioned that and as fans, we have said multiple times we have no problems keeping him if the right offer isn't there

Old
05-30-2012, 07:31 PM
Flair Hay

vCash: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by htpwn View Post
Quoted for emphasis.

Wouldn't trade any of those 3 pieces straight up for Luongo, let alone as part of a package.
Little excessive if you ask me. Luongo's deal is effong long but I guarantee if you guys had Lou on your team next year you'd be in the playoffs. Then again, maybe the Leafs actually want to hang on to all their assets for once - not a bad thing.

Let's not overrate schenn or the high pick for that matter though. Whatever team Luongo ends up on he'll have more of an impact on his team's success than either of those two.

Old
05-30-2012, 07:47 PM
agropop

Vancouver can just keep him. We can reevaluate his worth next year when he turns 34, becomes the league's most expensive backup goalie, and only has 9 years remaining on his term. Or maybe the year after that when he turns 35 with 8 years remaining. And so on, and so on. He's literally worthless now, the biggest return for his services will be freedom from a decade long 55mil commitment with a NTC. There's no market for him now, and only a couple teams that could even if they wanted to. The deal in the OP is utter nonsense. There will be no assets of any consequence going the other way and a salary dump will be in tow. None of this has anything to do with his performance value, he's a fine goalie who'd get a king's ransom if he had 2-4 years remaining, this contract is Gillis's baby, he's stuck with it unless he practically gives it away. Too bad really.

Old
05-30-2012, 07:51 PM
TMLOBI

If Burke agrees to that I'm guessing there are some millions being put into an offshore bank account for him..

I showed this thread to a knowledgeable hockey fan who is telling me that he thinks Luongo is worth the first overall this year. I then showed him the list of former first overalls and he said the last two first overalls he'd trade for Luongo.. I guess at some point everyone goes full retard. He also called me a crack head when I said I wouldn't trade either the 1st (5thpick) or Gardiner straight up for Luongo.

I can't see Burke trading Gardiner or the 5th overall. I think he was quoting as saying he wouldn't.. I do think that he would trade Schenn for him though.

Closed Thread