HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Torts will join Francesa today at 3pm

Old
05-30-2012, 06:16 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

vCash: 500
speaking of bad press
http://espn.go.com/new-york/nhl/stor...iticize-blocks

Quote:
"I Get Asked Alot Of Stupid Questions"
I can accept posters making this mistake but you are a journalist and you spell "A LOT" wrong?!?

unless Torts was referring to an Alot.
http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.co...verything.html

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 06:40 PM
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
speaking of bad press
http://espn.go.com/new-york/nhl/stor...iticize-blocks

I can accept posters making this mistake but you are a journalist and you spell "A LOT" wrong?!?

unless Torts was referring to an Alot.
http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.co...verything.html

Hahaha, thanks for that link, it's that is awesome! I like it Alot!

Hellion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 06:44 PM
bleedblue94

can anyone post the Kay interview??

bleedblue94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 06:49 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCrusher View Post
This is the reason i dislike most devils fans they act cocky and ****. i give them credit they won and got some good bounces against the rangers. But lets face it this might be the devils last chance with parise probably going as well as Marty. The Rangers have potential to win multiple cups with their youth and how thier young guys are playing this good already
don't act cocky about our youth. The Devils actually won 3 cups in the span of 8 seasons so they actually have more of a prerogative to be cocky than we do. Unless our current team can pull off a similar feat, we'll just be another Washington Capitals team. Heck, just once would be nice let alone 3. and look where all of the Cap's youth and talent got them. Also, having Josefsson, Larsson, and Henrique ain't such a bad youth pool.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 07:14 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

On Kay,Torts said "we can't skip spots because you have to win it now when you're not ready to win". Basically no quick fixes. No much for the theory about the Rangers being a NOW team.

25 minutes

http://espn.go.com/new-york/radio/show?showId=TMKS

The Torts podcast is here

Make the blueline stronger. They have some guys knocking on the door. A scorer would be nice but those don't drop down to you. Talked about Stepan,Hagelin and Kreider as internal improvements/developments. Richy getting better. More focus on the backend as you grow your hockey team.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 07:18 PM
bleedblue94

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
On Kay,Torts said "we can't skip spots because you have to win it now when you're not ready to win". Basically no quick fixes. No much for the theory about the Rangers being a NOW team.

25 minutes

thanks

bleedblue94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 08:32 PM
Mr Atoz*
I hid the Atavachron

Francessa and Tortorella.

One guy who knows nothing about hockey and pretends he does.

One guy who knows a lot about hockey and pretends he doesn't.

Mr Atoz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 09:25 PM
Joe11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tundra View Post
It's a long journey to metro respectability. But on the bright side, the Rock is no longer MSG West.
Last week Steve Sommers got a call from a Bruin fan from Massachusetts who attended a Ranger/Devil playoff game at the rock

He said he was amazed that the Devils fans hatred for the Rangers way overmatched their love of their team

Joe11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 10:31 PM
SnowblindNYR

I'm amazed that I really liked Francessa's interview. It was great. I don't like the guy, but giving such a good interview to a coach of a team that plays a sport he knows nothing about is impressive to say the least. Unless someone else came up with the questions.

SnowblindNYR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 10:36 PM
JCrusher*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
I'm amazed that I really liked Francessa's interview. It was great. I don't like the guy, but giving such a good interview to a coach of a team that plays a sport he knows nothing about is impressive to say the least. Unless someone else came up with the questions.
im sure someone else helps him ther are a few hockey guys that work on his show

JCrusher* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 10:52 PM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Like him or not,he does great interviews!

Drewbackatu* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 10:54 PM
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Atoz View Post
Francessa and Tortorella.

One guy who knows nothing about hockey and pretends he does.

One guy who knows a lot about hockey and pretends he doesn't.
I don't think Francesa pretends to know hockey. He continuously states he knows nothing about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe11 View Post
Last week Steve Sommers got a call from a Bruin fan from Massachusetts who attended a Ranger/Devil playoff game at the rock

He said he was amazed that the Devils fans hatred for the Rangers way overmatched their love of their team
They're a lot like Red Sox fans. More concerned about the Yankees than the Sox.
Ridiculous.

In their case, I believe they're jealous at the coverage/popularity the Rangers have over them.
They've won 3 cups and no one in the metro area cares.

BroadwayBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 10:57 PM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tundra View Post
I don't mind the fanbase. You're an original six team which stretches back numerous decades. I just can't get over how so many members of the press openly raise up the rangers at the devils expense consistently. I thought they were supposed to be somewhat objective but they're worse than some fans. That's what drives me bonkers. I don't want to be #1 in New York but rather get some credit from the talking heads.
I hear you but with all the Rangers fans in North Jersey and Flyers fans in South Jersey, seems to me the Devils despite all their success will never be able to expand their fanbase. Tough situation to be in.

Old
05-30-2012, 10:59 PM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayBlues View Post
I don't think Francesa pretends to know hockey. He continuously states he knows nothing about it.

Ridiculous.

In their case, I believe they're jealous at the coverage/popularity the Rangers have over them.
Great analogy and makes lotsa sense to me.

Old
05-30-2012, 11:52 PM
mandiblesofdoom

Quote:
Francesa's good at radio. He does good interviews. Glad you liked it. I did too. Tortarella's love for his team really came through.

mandiblesofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 12:24 AM
Glennsoe
Horndog

Did Torts in any interview mention zuccarello?

Glennsoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 12:32 AM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:

Ridiculous.

Thats a two way street. Yankee fans are just as obsessed even though they don't want to admit it. Honestly, there is VERY little difference between Red Sox/Yankee fans nowadays.

I think Red Sox fans were pretty damn happy when they finally won a world series.

Plus comparing either fan bases to that of the Devil's fans is insulting to both the Yankee or Red Sox fans.

Blueshirt Believer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 03:50 AM
Nac Mac Feegle
wee & free

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post

25 minutes

Make the blueline stronger. They have some guys knocking on the door. A scorer would be nice but those don't drop down to you. Talked about Stepan,Hagelin and Kreider as internal improvements/developments. Richy getting better. More focus on the backend as you grow your hockey team.
Wow, very surprising interview. A person of extremes, for sure. Reminds me of one of my favorite quotes from Good Omens: Just when you'd think they were more malignant than ever Hell could be, they could occasionally show more grace than Heaven ever dreamed of. Often the same individual was involved. It was this freewill thing, of course. It was a bugger.

Also liking the continued faith in Del Zotto. The kid has faults, but still great potential there.

Nac Mac Feegle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 07:35 AM
Levitate

Quote:
Don't know why. I believe he was talking about Bondy.
Gross also made a snippy comment about it. Maybe they didn't know about that recent article but it seemed obvious Torts wasnt talking about the beat writers

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 08:40 AM
Vitto79

so what names for D depth?

I vote former TB players Kubina or Sarich is a Ranger come july 1st. 3rd pairing guys, righties

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 09:19 AM
Bardof425*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjimmyg89 View Post
I think he somewhat jealous about the fact they are still playing and somewhat jealous about how deep of a team they are. Torts at least realizes this team needs more depth all around to compete. That message cannot be more accurate.
Let's try and put this in perspective. More than half of the Devil roster is at least 30 years old, they traded for Zidlicky, Ponikarosky, and Bernier during the season in an attempt to win this year with their aging goalie.

We are young and did not expect to contend this year. And although we tried to get Nash, we did nothing at the deadline or during the season to ensure that we didn't mess with our young core.

There's no reason to be jealous. Our time is coming; they need to go for it now and they are. It was a good series; we were a little short on both responsible D and scoring punch upfront. But, if we add wisely, we should contend for years to come.

Bardof425* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 09:20 AM
NYR Viper

I read somewhere the Rangers tried to acquire Carkner from Ottawa at the deadline. It's possible Sather goes out and signs Carkner and let's Scott and Bickel walk.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 09:52 AM
Bardof425*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
I read somewhere the Rangers tried to acquire Carkner from Ottawa at the deadline. It's possible Sather goes out and signs Carkner and let's Scott and Bickel walk.
And then come playoff time Carkner will play three minutes a game. He's not good enough. Let's see if Mike Sauer gets healthy. if that happens all is good. If not we need a guy who Torts can trust with a regular shift against the best teams in the league. Matt Carkner is not that guy.

Bardof425* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 10:07 AM
NYR Viper

Carkner can play 10-12 minutes a night in 40 or so games. He is a solid #6/7 guy on a good team. Teams need players like him. He blocks shots and will run through a wall for his teammates. I would take Carkner over Scott and Bickel for sure.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 10:33 AM
jskramer83

I can kind of understand why Devil's fans hate the Rangers more then they like there own team. Imagine if you had to get your news on the Yankees from the Boston Globe, or news about the Giants from the Philadelphia Inquirer?

The Devils have been one of the most successful franchises in all of sports, yet while they were winning cups and division titles all the headlines in their local papers would be "Rangers Lose" or "Rangers Season Over" or " Rangers Going to Make Splash in Offseason".

They Constantly have to see their Rival in the local Headlines even though they have been the more successful team. It would of pissed me off too, if after Game 7 of the 1994 ECF the headlines of my local papers were " Devils Season Ends On OT on Soft Wrap Around"

jskramer83 is offline   Reply With Quote