HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Next years prospects

Old
05-29-2012, 07:10 PM
Kreider Typical
flex

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger View Post
Move Rupp for what? A draft pick? He has his uses--regardless of whether McIlrath is ready or not. And you certainly don't want a first round draft pick being a team's fighter, players--especially defenseman--don't learn how to become NHL players from the penalty box.

Rupp is not the problem and he's not going anywhere.
fair logic. rupp doesn't really need to fight either though. he's sort of just there as a deterrent.

Kreider Typical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 06:14 AM
petejudge

i think getting JAM a contract needs to be a huge priority. the guy led the whale in scoring and won a defensive player of the year at the qmjhl level. his size is still an issue but he's not that far off from hagelin.

petejudge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 03:27 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
They could sign Parise and another top 6 forward and Kreider still makes the team out of camp. That much is certain imo.
We would have the money for Parise and another top-6 forward if the cap percentage wasn't cut. But alas, it is.

That said, we can and should sign Parise. The fact that we might need cap space in the future shouldn't stop us. Would we trade Dubinsky, Anisimov and Boyle for Parise? Of course we would. And this would be more or less neutral on our cap space.

So what if we had to trade Dubi, AA and Boyle for prospects to clear the cap space to sign Parise? How would that be different? In fact, it would be better because we'd be able to get first round picks or equivalent prospects for the Rangers trio.

And even this would only be necessary a year from now and only if there's a severe problem with NHL revenue.

Beacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 03:37 PM
chosen

All of you seem to think we need to get bigger and tougher. I think they are plenty tough to play against but need far more offensively gifted forwards.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 03:39 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post
All of you seem to think we need to get bigger and tougher. I think they are plenty tough to play against but need far more offensively gifted forwards.
Our offensive guys can't be softies, like Gaborik. We need guys who are big and create their own space. We really need Kreider to come into his own, because he can be just that.

Rangers Fail is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 03:40 PM
egelband

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger View Post
Move Rupp for what? A draft pick? He has his uses--regardless of whether McIlrath is ready or not. And you certainly don't want a first round draft pick being a team's fighter, players--especially defenseman--don't learn how to become NHL players from the penalty box.

Rupp is not the problem and he's not going anywhere.
i think rupp played on a less-than-100% wheel for most of the season.

egelband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 04:36 PM
JayQueensNY88*

im just saying prospects will be moved..everyone is expecting a team of all home grown,doubt it works that way..so stop penciling in every single prospect....this is so laughable.

JayQueensNY88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 04:38 PM
JayQueensNY88*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
Erixon, provided he hits the gym. He needs to bulk up, a lot.
Miller will be in the AHL. Thomas should be there too. Yogan is either in the A or ECHL. MaciIlrath should be With the Whale too. Looking at that list, the Whale should be a better team next year.
Erixon looks like a fragile 12 year old out there,literally..he needs to start bulking up immediatly.

JayQueensNY88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 05:03 PM
TheFatOne
Mr.Negativo

Derek Dekeyser.

TheFatOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 05:17 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

i wouldnt be surprised if JT Miller made the team.....hopefully the Rangers team....Ryan Kesler made the NHL at 19 years old...and sadly he was compared to him....i just hope he doesnt dive and flop like he does...hopefully Miller will be our version of Mike Richards...

on defense im gonna say Erixon most likely and maybe McIlrath if Bickel or the other depth dman leaves via UFA....and depending on Sauer's concussion..

Punxrocknyc19* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 05:52 PM
bernmeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjimmyg89 View Post
Erixon. Puts on some weight and I can see him on our bottom pair next season full time, getting some bigger minutes when guys are struggling/need rest.

Don't forget about Casey Wellman. He played in the NHL with the Wild this season and he will be in camp with the team. I doubt they let him walk away from being at least on the Whale. He's technically not a rookie, but is someone that can inject some speed and a little bit of skill onto the bottom six in house.

JAM needs a contract, could surprise some people.

MSC (St. Croix) should be getting a contract from the team soon. I wouldn't be surprised if he made the staff give him a longer look in camp, but falling short of making the team.

Thomas, Yogan, and McIlrath will be on the Whale next season.
This, except McIrath is principally stay at home D, so he probably gets here end of next year no worse than 7th D.

MSC is a sniper in the making and this team will continue to need snipers.
If there is anyone else who has a real shot to use a real shot to get here, it will be him.

Thomas needs another full year +, maybe 2 years of protein shakes.

Yogan gets here, but needs more seasoning...

bernmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 07:39 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
Our offensive guys can't be softies, like Gaborik. We need guys who are big and create their own space. We really need Kreider to come into his own, because he can be just that.

If we had another softie like Gaborik, we'd have won the Cup this year. I get that it's better to have a Tkachuk type of player who can both score and hit, but if that isn't available (or is too expensive), another scorer will do just fine.

Again, if you add another soft 40-goal scorer to the team, we most likely win the Cup. Even with an additional 30-goal scorer, we would probably get the Cup.

Beacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 08:05 PM
Mikos87

Quote:
Originally Posted by egelband View Post
i think rupp played on a less-than-100% wheel for most of the season.
Yup, Torts and the management team like having toughness out there shift in and shift out, Rupper played on a bad knee for a huge chunk of the year. I also wouldn't be shocked if McIlrath made the team out of camp. Fills the Bickel role, and then some. If Dylan shows promise and responds well to the system and coaching, they'll keep him up.

Mikos87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 09:05 PM
eco's bones

Kreider is the most ready. After that Erixon--but he needs to work on his strength this summer and come in and be more aggressive.

After that anybody else is pretty much a long shot. Yogan--possibly because he has size, strength and skating might be No. 3. McIlrath needs at least a year in the AHL--maybe a cup of coffee next year but that's about it.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 09:09 PM
drewcon40

Great insight on our prospects, everyone. How did Pavel Valentenko look this year? Wasn't he close to making the roster in 2010-11 camp? Can he be an NHL caliber player? He is an RFA.

drewcon40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 09:11 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewcon40 View Post
Great insight on our prospects, everyone. How did Pavel Valentenko look this year? Wasn't he close to making the roster in 2010-11 camp? Can he be an NHL caliber player? He is an RFA.
I believe he is more than likely going to the KHL this year. I remember reading that but I don't remember the source.

05-30-2012, 09:19 PM
Trxjw
Bored.

Quote:
Originally Posted by New York RKY View Post
I believe he is more than likely going to the KHL this year. I remember reading that but I don't remember the source.
Correct. He signed a contract with Omsk.

Quote:
Laurie Carr
‏@byndblueshirts

Per team website, Pavel Valentenko has signed a 2 year deal with Avangard Omsk of the KHL ‪#CTWhale‬ ‪#NYR‬ (s/t @AliGoWeed)
https://twitter.com/byndblueshirts/s...49824634273793

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 10:29 PM
drewcon40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Correct. He signed a contract with Omsk.

https://twitter.com/byndblueshirts/s...49824634273793
Thanks so much. I totally missed that. I almost inquired about Jarkko Immonen and Ivan Baranka. ; )

drewcon40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 10:34 PM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewcon40 View Post
Thanks so much. I totally missed that. I almost inquired about Jarkko Immonen and Ivan Baranka. ; )
Ivan Baranka is a cool name. Rememberthe commercial where he was in a zamboni derby

Silence Of The Plams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 12:06 AM
Giglio NYR15
Section 417

Erixon...thats it. Mcillrath and Miller are 2013-2014 at earliest. Bourque has a rough season and will need some miracle rebound to jump up...apparently torts likes thomas and wants to see what he has, but I dont see a place for him, or him making the team, especially if zuccs is still here.

Giglio NYR15 is offline   Reply With Quote