HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official NYR "Untouchables" Poll / Discussion

Old
05-30-2012, 10:43 PM
Zuccarello Awesome*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Plains Batman View Post
Untouchables: Henrik, Callahan, Girardi, McD, Staal, Richards, Krieder

Not untouchable but over 90% chance these guys don't get moved; Stepan, Del Zotto, Hagelin, Fast, Miller, McLIrath, Fogarty, St. Croix

Could be moved but not really likely; Anisimov, Dubinsky, Erixon, St. Croix, Yogan, Thomas

Franchise Players; Redden and Bickell
How are Ani and Dubi more likely to be moved than Fogarty?

Zuccarello Awesome* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 10:43 PM
GregSirico
PUCK LUCK

Untouchable FWDS:
1 - Callahan (our leader, enough said)
2 - Kreider (best package of talent we have)
3 - Richards (brings a lot to the game even when he isn't scoring)
4 - Stepan (excellent playmaker)
5 - Gaborik (laugh all you want but 40 goal scorers don't fall out of trees)

Untouchable DMEN:
1 - McDonagh (he will win a Norris trophy one day)
2 - Staal (easily our best defensive blueliner when 100%)
3 - Girardi (does a lot of things right)

GregSirico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 10:46 PM
Mrpuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregSirico View Post
Untouchable FWDS:
1 - Callahan (our leader, enough said)
2 - Kreider (best package of talent we have)
3 - Richards (brings a lot to the game even when he isn't scoring)
4 - Stepan (excellent playmaker)
5 - Gaborik (laugh all you want but 40 goal scorers don't fall out of trees)

Untouchable DMEN:
1 - McDonagh (he will win a Norris trophy one day)
2 - Staal (easily our best defensive blueliner when 100%)
3 - Girardi (does a lot of things right)
This. Exactly who I would have picked.

Mrpuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 10:50 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by trueblue9441 View Post
but lets be real because you know those guys arent getting traded. thats the whole point of the discussion.
While I sort of agree with you I still don't know how we can call someone untouchable based on the probability that the players we would trade him for won't be traded. By definition untouchable means off limits at all costs. We don't really have those kinds of players.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 11:54 PM
Machinehead
Tampa Bandwagon

vCash: 50
Richards
Gaborik
Callahan
Kreider

There's only 4 imo. Hagelin and Stepan are movable for the right piece.

McDonagh
Girardi
Staal

Machinehead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 11:56 PM
The New Originals

There's not a single player on this team that is untouchable except for Lundqvist.

The New Originals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 12:00 AM
Zuccarello Awesome*

I don't see how Gaborik could even be considered untouchable.

Maybe "untradeable" because of his massively overpaid contract, and his NTC.

But, if you could get a guy like Ryan or Nash straight up for Gaborik, you wouldn't do it?!

We need goal scorers who we can actually RELY on in the PLAYOFFS. Gaborik is the antithesis of a playoff performer. He's like the opposite of Claude Lemieux, who ( for you kiddies ) would score ~15 goals during the regular season and then be a point-per-game player in the playoffs and just be all over the place, scoring huge goals, hitting, battling, winning.

Gaborik is not even close to untouchable, IMO. He's NOT a part of the core. He's NOT a long-term solution. He's not a part of the future success. GABORIK MUST GO.

Zuccarello Awesome* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 12:08 AM
Ryan McDonut
Re-sign Glass

forwards:
mitchell
rupp
prust
scott
bickel

defensemen:
bickel

goalies:
biron

everyone else is on the table

Ryan McDonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 12:28 AM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuccarello Awesome View Post

But, if you could get a guy like Ryan or Nash straight up for Gaborik, you wouldn't do it?!

We need goal scorers who we can actually RELY on in the PLAYOFFS. Gaborik is the antithesis of a playoff performer. He's like the opposite of Claude Lemieux, who ( for you kiddies ) would score ~15 goals during the regular season and then be a point-per-game player in the playoffs and just be all over the place, scoring huge goals, hitting, battling, winning.

Gaborik is not even close to untouchable, IMO. He's NOT a part of the core. He's NOT a long-term solution. He's not a part of the future success. GABORIK MUST GO.
What playoffs have Ryan and Nash shown up for?

And in what season have they scored 40 goals and 80 points, either?

Please.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 12:49 AM
Machinehead
Tampa Bandwagon

vCash: 50
Rick Nash has absolutely no playoff experience, whereas Gaborik at least has some even if he did have a bad series. Nash is just as prone to ghosting as Gaborik is. To top it all off, Gaborik is more talented.

This drop Gaborik, pick up Nash idea makes less sense than a snowball fight in a July. Nash is a downgrade from Gaborik in every possible aspect: talent, playoff prowess, playmaking, caphit, assets required. Whatever have you. Gaborik > Nash. It really shouldn't even be a discussion.

Same goes for Bobby Ryan. It's not like we'd be giving up some goals to get guys that are aces in the playoffs like a Briere or Ovechkin for example, we'd be giving up goals to get guys who have done even less in the playoffs.

Some asked if we'd do Nash/Ryan for Gaborik straight up. Absolutely not, why would you? Like I said, it's a downgrade in goals, for zero upgrade elsewhere. This isn't like a Briere who might not put up the numbers Gaborik does over an 82 game season but is money in the bank in the playoffs. That I'd do. Nash and Ryan have done nothing North of April.

Machinehead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 12:58 AM
nevesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by The New Originals View Post
There's not a single player on this team that is untouchable except for Lundqvist.
This.

nevesis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 01:02 AM
nevesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
Rick Nash has absolutely no playoff experience, whereas Gaborik at least has some even if he did have a bad series.
Not calling you out personally, just hate seeing this argument all the time. The reason Rick Nash doesn't have any playoff experience is because his team ****ing sucks.

The guy is a purebred Canadian professional hockey badass. Has anyone here watched him outside of the NHL in world competition? He has been on the big stage before with team Canada and knows how to bring it.

His contract blows, but he is a great player. I don't want to replace Gaborik, I want to add two more badass wingers who score goals.

nevesis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 01:03 AM
Zil

Forwards: Richards, Kreider, Callahan
Defensmen: McDonagh, Girardi, Staal
Plus Hank obviously

Everybody else is moveable if the right deal comes along. The key word there being "right." Gaborik can only go if we're bringing in one or two other star forwards. Stepan and Hagelin only move for a young, big time forward. Same goes for Del Zotto.

Last edited by Zil: 05-31-2012 at 04:23 AM.
Zil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 01:03 AM
thewaitingisover

Stepan and Hagelin are very touchable. Hank, Cally, McD, Kreider (unless he's bringing back something extraordinary). That's about it.

thewaitingisover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 07:44 AM
trueblue9441

Send a message via AIM to trueblue9441
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevesis View Post
Not calling you out personally, just hate seeing this argument all the time. The reason Rick Nash doesn't have any playoff experience is because his team ****ing sucks.

The guy is a purebred Canadian professional hockey badass. Has anyone here watched him outside of the NHL in world competition? He has been on the big stage before with team Canada and knows how to bring it.

His contract blows, but he is a great player. I don't want to replace Gaborik, I want to add two more badass wingers who score goals.
contract alone makes me not want him. we're going to have a couple long term deals on the books soon, no reason to add another

trueblue9441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 08:41 AM
eco's bones

it seems to me this whole thread is about creating parameters for trade discussion proposals by the posters here--all summer long. Which is fine and can be fun for people who like that kind of thing but it's very unlikey that it's going to conform to the reality of what actually happens.

Improvements from within or through free agency seems to be the direction the team would rather go in than trade. Personnel depth IMO should be something to look at. Lack of a viable No. 6 d-man and an oftentimes discombobulated 4th line were factors throughout the playoffs--ones that eventually helped sink us. IMO--you need more than 6 dependable d-men and 12 dependable forwards. You need a taxi squad and even a couple more guys on your farm that you know you can depend on in a crisis. There is an issue here with Torts who doesn't like keeping extra guys around.

Our emergency call ups--like Newbury, Deveaux just might not cut it. Someone like Wellman might depending on what's asked of him. We had too much waste IMO in Hartford--AHL contract guys, guys being buried, young prospects struggling. It needs to be sorted out.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 08:57 AM
Ryan McDonut
Re-sign Glass

nash is not worth a 7.8mil cap hit at all.

Ryan McDonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 09:06 AM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubi17 View Post
nash is not worth a 7.8mil cap hit at all.
Exactly. In the age of a salary cap, particularly for teams that touch the limit, it is so important to maximize the value of each player. When you pay that kind of money for a player it's very hard to get a full return on your investment. And every million in lost value becomes that much more of a problem when you have no extra cap room to play with.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 09:15 AM
Cliffy1814

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hightide85 View Post
hahahahaha yeah noooooooo
Stepan for Ryan is a lateral move? Glen would trip over his cigar and golf clubs trying to get to the fax machine to send that one in to the NHL office.
That would be a steal for us.

Stepan is a nice 50 point player. Good defensive player, good teammate, cheap salary, etc.
I don't see a whole lot more upside from him. He's never going to be a big scorer. Not big or fast enough to be elite.
Ryan is what we hope Kreider will become. Big, fast, great release. Sitting on a huge year IMO.

Lundqvist, Cally, Kreider McD would be only untouchables. Everyone else is in play for the right deal.

Cliffy1814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 10:14 AM
Jersey Girl

Well, since there is not a single player in this team I would not trade straight up for Malkin, NOBODY can be called untouchable.

That said, there are really only two players I would be extremely hesitant to trade, even if the trade does look like a no-brainer...Kreider and McDonagh.

With these two we really do not have an idea just yet how high their upside actually is...could be off the charts...well, we can only hope anyway!

Jersey Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 10:18 AM
EEDAWGZ

Quote:
Stepan? Untouchable? You people are ****ing nuts. He is absolutely not untouchable. Kreider yes, Stepan, no.
No way , I wanna see the Step , Krieder line for a season

EEDAWGZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 10:18 AM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuccarello Awesome View Post

Becuase 40 goal scorers don't grow on trees is why Gaborik won't be moved?

Lundsanity30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 10:20 AM
Lundsanity30

untouchable - Hank, Kreider, McDonagh, Callahan, Staal, Girardi, Richards
pieces I wouldn't move - Stepan, Gaborik

Old
05-31-2012, 10:20 AM
EEDAWGZ

Quote:

Agree

EEDAWGZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 10:21 AM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Girl View Post
Well, since there is not a single player in this team I would not trade straight up for Malkin, NOBODY can be called untouchable.

That said, there are really only two players I would be extremely hesitant to trade, even if the trade does look like a no-brainer...Kreider and McDonagh.

With these two we really do not have an idea just yet how high their upside actually is...could be off the charts...well, we can only hope anyway!
Well yes, untouchable is definitely the wrong word, because anyone on the roster is available in a deal for Malkin lol.