HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The KHL
The KHL Discuss the Continental Hockey League (Kontinentalnaya Hokkeynaya Liga).

HC Lev Prague 2012/13 season talk

Closed Thread

Old
05-24-2012, 11:31 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

vCash: 500
btw, club website should be www.levpraha.cz (does not work yet). At least I got email from this website from press center.

Old
05-24-2012, 12:24 PM
JayCal

Paul Szczechura signed

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Szczechura

http://sabrenoise.com/2012/05/22/szc...s-for-support/

Old
05-24-2012, 12:52 PM
zorz

looks like a good player

Old
05-24-2012, 01:11 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

does anybody know something about his/his ancestors roots? Would not be suprised if they were from Poland or so

Old
05-24-2012, 03:17 PM
JayCal

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorz View Post
looks like a good player
He is. He most recently played with the Buffalo Sabres (my team) farm team, so I saw him quite a bit.

I was in Prague earlier this year and went to see Sparta Praha play, by the way. Lots of fun! Even though the arena was freezing cold, ha. Nothing some hot mulled wine couldn't fix.

Old
05-24-2012, 03:21 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCal View Post
He is. He most recently played with the Buffalo Sabres (my team) farm team, so I saw him quite a bit.

I was in Prague earlier this year and went to see Sparta Praha play, by the way. Lots of fun! Even though the arena was freezing cold, ha. Nothing some hot mulled wine couldn't fix.
Is he offensive or defensive center? He had many pts this season but EP says this "A two-way center, Szczechura is better defensively than offensively. He is a very good skater and faceoff man.
Lacks size and aggression. Isn't a natural scorer. "
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=11424

Old
05-24-2012, 04:21 PM
zorz

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCal View Post

He'll be playing in the same arena in Prague. But freeze shouldn't be problem if he gets hot on the ice

Old
05-25-2012, 10:20 AM
IJKPrinciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufon68 View Post
What i don't like about this whole KHL business is the fleeting nature of the whole thing, if i'm not mistaken, new clubs are given a licence for only one season, after that, there is no guarantee the club will stay in town, one year in Poprad, then Prague, next maybe in Copenhagen. What is this, a gipsy league ? How can i, as a fan, relate to a club with a) no history b) very insecure future

Also, there is way too many russian clubs, i would like to see a league with teams from the biggest hockey nations and cities, like Stockholm, Helsinki, but also say Berlin, Zurich etc. , im really not interested in some far away siberian teams which i can't relate to in any way.

This is perhaps not the best thread for this subject....
Don't worry, I'm 99 % certain Lev won't be moving anywhere from Prague in the future. They might change Tipsport Arena for O2 Arena, but that's all.

Poprad was an "emergency" temporary solution because of unwillingness of the CSLH to allow them to play in Hradec Králové. It was obvious from the beginning Lev is supposed to be a Czech club based in the Czech Rep. And since they are now in Prague, the "city of residence" can't get any better for them from now on.

When it comes to an uneven number of Russian clubs compared to European clubs, I'm also sure this will change for the better. Eventually weaker Russian clubs (like Avto for example) will be transferred to the VHL to make room for more European clubs. In the end you'll have 50:50 ratio of Russian:European clubs.

And if there will be not enough room in the league even after that, the KHL might transfer into 2 leagues - 1 with Euro conference and the other with a Russian one. The teams from both conferences will battle it out in the playoffs of the league to determine the ultimate champion.

Old
05-25-2012, 11:18 AM
ult

Avto? That's like the worst example ever. Great school. A team from rich and huge city with 15k arena in a couple of years. They'll always be more important for KHL than any european team.

Old
05-25-2012, 11:20 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
Originally Posted by ult View Post
Avto? That's like the worst example ever. Great school. A team from rich and huge city with 15k arena in a couple of years. They'll always be more important for KHL than any european team.
I am curious how will new menagment of Avto work, who will be new sponsor.. but it is off topic here.

Old
05-25-2012, 12:40 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Rashid Khabibulin - sport director of HC LEV Prague Does anybody know who he is? Any former player?

Old
05-25-2012, 01:53 PM
IJKPrinciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by ult View Post
Ok, Vityaz then. Anyway - the best solution would be to leave all the Russian teams, add back Lada (and maybe Krylia Sovetov or others) and create a European conference. Everyone will be happy.

Old
05-26-2012, 09:49 AM
zorz

Lev's picks in KHL draft:
1 Tomáš Rachůnek
2 Vojtěch Mozík
3 Lukáš Žejdl
4 Jan Košťálek
5 Roman Will

Rachunek and Kostalek are both Sparta's players, so that makes sense. I wonder if they were talking to the rest of the guys before the draft or just picked whoever they liked. But I totally wouldn't mind if they for example got Mozik out of Boleslav for the next season (since they relegated) and let him play in Sparta.

Old
05-30-2012, 08:05 AM
zorz

interesting, but not totally unexpected stuff:
Quote:
Hokejová HC Sparta Praha kdysi hrávala pod názvem Sparta ČKD Praha a od příští sezony by znovu mohla. Do klubu, ovládaného Antonínem Charouzem, totiž podle informací motejlek.com vstoupil jako poloviční majitel HC Lev, jehož oficiálním vlastníkem je ČKD Group. Transakce se ve Spartě odehrála krátce poté, co poloviční majitel a vládce klubu Charouz splatil dluh majoritnímu vlastníkovi Mountfieldu Ivanu Drbohlavovi …..
from: http://www.motejlek.com/?s=lev+spart...=25&search.y=6

Old
05-30-2012, 09:02 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

If true, I would not be suprised if clubs will merge some day.

Old
05-30-2012, 12:25 PM
IJKPrinciple

Let's rename them back to TJ Spartak Praha Sokolovo.

Or combine both and name them ZSJ Spartak ČKD Sokolovo Praha.

Old
05-30-2012, 04:39 PM
IJKPrinciple

Can someone confirm this http://www.facebook.com/levpraha is Lev's official FB page? It says "official page" there but you can never be sure.

Old
05-31-2012, 04:11 AM
Jeez
Jay Jay

who will in Lev's group? My opinion : SKA,Minsk,Riga,Donbass,Slovan
Any next?

Old
05-31-2012, 04:33 AM
Jeez
Jay Jay

What date we'll know standings for next season? How do you mean will Lev's group look like?

Old
05-31-2012, 04:47 AM
Jeez
Jay Jay

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=9233

Michal Birner as newcomer.

Old
05-31-2012, 05:09 AM
WhoIsGuyIncognito

I will just say one thing, existence of this team is a bad, bad thing for whole czech hockey.

Old
05-31-2012, 05:12 AM
Jeez
Jay Jay

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoIsGuyIncognito View Post
I will just say one thing, existence of this team is a bad, bad thing for whole czech hockey.
Why?

Old
05-31-2012, 05:26 AM
Jeez
Jay Jay

Michal Birner as newcomer. http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=9233

Old
05-31-2012, 05:28 AM
WhoIsGuyIncognito

Well first of all it will take a large sum of money away from other Prague teams - Slavia and Sparta - both from sponsorship and from attendance - which is pretty bad even as of now. Then, it will take away a lot of prestige from extraliga - the league has big problems to keep even the above-average players as of now and with KHL team made up mostly from czech players it will get even worse. I mean, if czech teams cant keep players like Vondrka or Troncinsky - you are in trouble. What I think will happen is that HC Lev will be succesfull and that will lead to creation of about 3 more czech based teams in next, say, 5 years (it can be Karlovy vary, Ostrava, Brno or some other team) - this will make etraliga a redundant league on level with 1.liga or something - this will lead to less money in 'traditional' extraliga teams - hence less money for youth system (money is the biggest issue even as of now) and further decreasing quality of czech junior leagues. The point is that this one team is not so much of a problem - but im affraid that it will open the doors fore more 'regional'teams (one from west bohemia, one from moravia etc.) that will 'steal' attention, money and fans from smaller teams which will in result lead to lowering the quality of czech hockey in general.

Old
05-31-2012, 05:50 AM
Jeez
Jay Jay

understand. I don't need more czech clubs in KHL. Maybe one more Moravian (Brno,Ostrava) in future, but I definitely need some international competition. I'm boring in czech league, since it comes first ideas about international league.

Closed Thread