HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Farewell Zuke! (Signs with KHL)

Closed Thread

Old
05-29-2012, 02:59 PM
Grumpy Humphrey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by quentez View Post
At least he will be moving to an exotic place

I imagine this whole place all the time is just steam whistles and hammers clanking on metal beams, and it's all very depressing

Old
05-29-2012, 05:48 PM
NickyFotiu

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamitter View Post
Stepan and Anisimov are mediocre, redundant players?
I guess that depends on your point of view. We dont need 6 centers on the team so there is some redundancy there. I personally don't see them as star players. I see them as 2nd line or 3rd line players. We have to give up some guys that are solid players to get a great player.

Old
05-30-2012, 05:19 AM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

MZA's defensive woes are way overblown.

Put him with Arty and Hagelin on the third line. Please.

Old
05-30-2012, 05:22 AM
Kshahdoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by quentez View Post
At least he will be moving to an exotic place

Well, mine is better

Old
05-30-2012, 08:40 AM
Riverdale

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
MZA's defensive woes are way overblown.

Put him with Arty and Hagelin on the third line. Please.
Yes, thank you

Old
05-30-2012, 09:00 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Zuccarello's comments to that Norweigian newspaper will be the end of his time here. Where does he get off with a sense of entitlement?

Too small, Too weak, too overmatched. Have fun in Europe where you belong.

Old
05-30-2012, 03:47 PM
Ilovemymum
recreational MD

I might be an idiot, but isn't that inteview a pretty good move by Zuke? He states clearly that he will be lost for Rangers if he doesn't get a one-way deal. He WILL go to Metallurg if they don't come up with something pretty good, otherwise they will get absolutely nothing in return for him, not even a late pick. That gives Rangers two options, either sign him a one way deal, something that might be a problem as has critized them and they cannot use players that critized them (see above), or they can trade him. So they will trade him to a ****** team that never will haunt them in the play offs anyway, where he will get plenty of icetime in a top line. Good work Ryman. CBJ is next up.

Old
05-30-2012, 04:00 PM
BigDaddyNYR
Calgary Flames GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Zuccarello's comments to that Norweigian newspaper will be the end of his time here. Where does he get off with a sense of entitlement?

Too small, Too weak, too overmatched. Have fun in Europe where you belong.
This. I was offended by them and I can only imagine what the Rangers organization thinks of them.

Hate to break it to you Zuccs but your not the second coming of Wayne Gretzky.

Old
05-30-2012, 04:02 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddyNYR View Post
This. I was offended by them and I can only imagine what the Rangers organization thinks of them.

Yes! Today, a new article came out. In it, he said that the Rangers didn't treat him right, he had the Most assists on the PP, and that the PP sucked without him. Who does he think he is? Enjoy the KHL and their freakish airplanes.

Old
05-30-2012, 04:04 PM
Cmox

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddyNYR View Post

I don't get how a player who barely played the regular season has such a huge loyal following. The thought of him leaving has very little impact on this team.

Old
05-30-2012, 04:18 PM
NickyFotiu

Most the same people that bashed Zooks during the season are bashing him now. Most the people that supported him during the season continue to support him. A player doesnt have to be the next Wayne Gretzky to have my support. I have been a Rangers fan for almost 40 years. I only remember us having 1 Wayne Gretzky. Zooks adds a creative diminsion that some of us like. I do not get in to the 6 players trying to play goalie at 1 time and just chipping the puck up the boards. I like passing, stick handling and offense.

Old
05-31-2012, 02:34 AM
Ilovemymum
recreational MD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
Yes! Today, a new article came out. In it, he said that the Rangers didn't treat him right, he had the Most assists on the PP, and that the PP sucked without him. Who does he think he is? Enjoy the KHL and their freakish airplanes.
Isn't that what everybody has been whining about all year, that the PP sucked? He obviously helped the pp, even Torts thought so as he was spending more time there than in ES this season. He was the MVP in SEL and had something like five clubs after him when he chose NY after Sather called him and convinced him. He hasn't been complaining at all for two years even though he has spent the larger part with a bus driver salary in front og 2500 spectators i Hartford. So now, after being a healthy scratch in the playoffs, he blows out a bit of his dissapointment and he all of a sudden think he's Gretzky? NHL ready and Torts ready seem to be two very different things. Think it was about time he talked a bit about this, and hopefully it will help him get a trade. This is just not a good marriage.

Old
05-31-2012, 03:27 AM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyFotiu View Post
Most the same people that bashed Zooks during the season are bashing him now. Most the people that supported him during the season continue to support him. A player doesnt have to be the next Wayne Gretzky to have my support. I have been a Rangers fan for almost 40 years. I only remember us having 1 Wayne Gretzky. Zooks adds a creative diminsion that some of us like. I do not get in to the 6 players trying to play goalie at 1 time and just chipping the puck up the boards. I like passing, stick handling and offense.
Good point

Old
05-31-2012, 05:10 AM
Slayem
Lucky Zuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyFotiu View Post
Well said........ why not try to make at least 1 line creative and interesting to watch. You that prefer anti hockey can enjoy the other three lines..

Old
05-31-2012, 11:21 AM
Artemia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmox View Post
I don't get how a player who barely played the regular season has such a huge loyal following. The thought of him leaving has very little impact on this team.
Because he was probably the best player in europe before going to the NHL.

If he gets to play top icetime in another NHL team he'll be an 80+ points player easily. It's just that his skills have been completely wasted in Rangers' system.

Old
05-31-2012, 11:26 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayem View Post
Well said........ why not try to make at least 1 line creative and interesting to watch. You that prefer anti hockey can enjoy the other three lines..
Blocking shots and board play are "anti-hockey?"

Spoken like a true European.

Old
05-31-2012, 11:27 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemia View Post

If he gets to play top icetime in another NHL team he'll be an 80+ points player easily. It's just that his skills have been completely wasted in Rangers' system.
Now Ive seen everything.

Thats just amazing.

Old
05-31-2012, 01:06 PM
Glennsoe
Horndog

I feel a rant coming up...

Gonna hold it in a little longer...

Gonna burst..one of these days..

Old
05-31-2012, 01:15 PM
Krams
outrageous

Quote:

Seriously? You're kidding yourself if you think MZA is anything more than, AT BEST, a fringe second line winger.

Old
05-31-2012, 01:48 PM
KenGuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwissFreakinWatch View Post

Seriously? You're kidding yourself if you think MZA is anything more than, AT BEST, a fringe second line winger.

If mediocre Hagelin can play 1st line so can Zuccarello. You saw how awful Hagelin was at the end of the season. Ken Gernander, coach CT Whale, has also praised Zuccarello alot more than Hagelin

Old
05-31-2012, 02:02 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

I hope Zucarello is out of our organization so we don't have posters saying rediculous things like "he'll be an 80 pooint player anywhere else."

Players with 80 or more points this season:
Henrik Sedin 81
John Tavares 81
James Neal 81
Phil Kessel 82
Ilya Kovalchuk 83
Jason Spezza 84
Claude Giroux 93
Steven Stamkos 97
Evgeni Malkin 109

That's 9 players. Zucarello sucks compared to all of them.

Board play isn't part of playing hockey? Tell that to Jagr, who was great along the boards AND put up points from it. It's not all to just waste time, you know.

Playing defense INCLUDES blocking shots. It's not the whole package. Poor Zucc doesn't want to play defense? Sucks for him.

Want him to be top 20 in points? sure. He just has to get past guys like D. Sedin, Kopitar, Karlsson, Elias, Thornton, Eberle, Gaborik, Ray Whitney, and MSL.

Is he better than ANYONE here or on the above list? Hell no. And you can't say it with a straight face. Poor Zucc is going to whine about his ice time? Who does he think he is? Go and earn it, instead of giving interviews to Norwegian and Swedish newspapers about your lack of PP time.

Enjoy the KHL.

Last edited by Rangers Fail: 05-31-2012 at 02:19 PM.
Old
05-31-2012, 02:08 PM
Krams
outrageous

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenGuru View Post
If mediocre Hagelin can play 1st line so can Zuccarello. You saw how awful Hagelin was at the end of the season. Ken Gernander, coach CT Whale, has also praised Zuccarello alot more than Hagelin
I never called Hagelin a first line player either. The notion that Zucc is an eighty-point player is lunacy.

Old
05-31-2012, 02:18 PM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Blocking shots and board play are "anti-hockey?"
No, I agree they are not. They are part of the game, especially on the smaller NA ice, and need to be perfected in order to succeed consistently. Especially with a lineup as ours was last year. So here you are entirely correct
Spoken like a true European.
This is quite the ignorant comment that only an inbred, narrowminded American would consider making. Which I do not believe you are at all. Stick to the hockey debate. You make good points there...
See bold

Old
05-31-2012, 02:38 PM
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey

Quote:
If he gets to play top icetime in another NHL team he'll be an 80+ points player easily.
Lol, I dont know about 80 points. 50-60 I could see under the right cictumstances and with the right team though.

Old
05-31-2012, 02:58 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKers View Post
See bold
Dont turn that Euro comment into some sort of race-bait or something like that. But, honestly, North American hockey is more rugged and gritty. The NHL is and always will be that way too. So, to talk about how blocking shots and board play shouldnt matter/isn't "real hockey" is the ignorant thing to say here. And, sure enough, whenever a comment like that is made, its from a person who is used to watching hockey be played on a larger rink that have next to no knowledge regarding what it takes to be successful at the NHL level.

If you're not a well-rounded player, and only depend on offensive skill, you better damn be uber-talented in one of those offensive areas. Skating, shot, stick handling, vision, whatever. Zuccarello, while skilled, isnt an extraordinarily talent in any of those areas.

And thats why hes headed back to Europe.

Closed Thread