HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Geek Emporium
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Geek Emporium Discuss computers, hardware, software, electronics, video games, internet, etc.

Diablo 3 - Stay Awhile And Listen

Closed Thread

Old
05-30-2012, 01:25 PM
parabola
Global Moderator
BOlieve dat

vCash: 500
Diablo 3 - Stay Awhile And Listen

All discussion about Diablo 3 can go here. A new thread had to be created because the OP was no longer going to update battle tags in the other thread.

Post your battle tag and region and I'll try to keep them as up-to-date as possible

HFBoards Username Battletag Region
parabola parabola#1880 Americas
Powdered Toast Man Toastman#1234 Americas
CanadienDude Hynesie#1188 Americas
BreakTheWallsDown illuSioN#1608 Americas
Buddio Buddio#1739 Americas
vippe Mbolibombo#1407 Europe
wKetch22 ketchammer#1940 Americas
just22 wulfstein#1809 Americas
Orpheus Doalateralus#1527 Americas
Kardi Kardi#1163 Americas
DeadGator401 Smitty#1308 Americas
eldiablo17 eldiablo17#1723 Americas
Theosis Theosis#1417 Americas
Oso Blanca wizard#1677 Americas
Blueline Bomber CLRose59#1592 Americas
TehDoak Lionelhutz#1985 Americas
kingsholygrail Dickawesome#1670 Americas
Engineer EngineerPete#2351 Europe
Crabapple Soles21#1239 Americas
golfmade golfmade#6169 Americas
Cashville Wulfgang#1431 Americas
The Head Crusher HeadCrusher#1762 Americas
Fish Invictus Beefhammer#1289 Americas
Marty Straka PriMiuS#1984 Americas
Kekumba Kekumba#1897 Americas
Wilch Sky#1757 Americas
loadie WarthogKing#1338 Americas
Epoch Ashborer#1830 Americas
Jack Bourdain JackBourdain#1430 Americas
Irwin R Shyster JuanZomby#1273 Americas
Beantown Beatdown bruinsfan19#1736 Americas
ozhenson ozhenson#1968 Americas
Gooch Milo#1843 Americas
Dylonus Dylonus#1249 Americas
great_one98 Edonator#1175 Americas
Dugray Belkarama#1495 Americas
Hammer Slammer EvilVoices#1359 Americas
The Dayvan Cowboy Dayvan#1347 Americas
FNK DrK#1908 Americas

05-30-2012, 01:51 PM
DeadGator401

Screw that damn spider queen. God damn she's annoying.

Old
05-30-2012, 01:56 PM
Wilch
Unregistered User

Inferno mode does not feel rewarding - at all. Level's capped at 60, that's fine. Even the goombas of the monster murder you in 2-3 hits? Fine, whatever. But god do the drop rates suck.

I can't be bothered to kite some trio of elite monsters for 10-15 minutes just for 3 blue drops FFS.

Old
05-30-2012, 02:37 PM
dr robbie
Let's Go Pens!

Guess this is the new thread.

I've still only found 2 uniques (magefists and some broken helm). My brother found one (sky cutter). We've got about 150 combined hours in the game. The only good thing about the legendaries is that they sell really easily on the AH .

Old
05-30-2012, 03:13 PM
Corto
Faceless Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilch View Post
Inferno mode does not feel rewarding - at all. Level's capped at 60, that's fine. Even the goombas of the monster murder you in 2-3 hits? Fine, whatever. But god do the drop rates suck.

I can't be bothered to kite some trio of elite monsters for 10-15 minutes just for 3 blue drops FFS.
That's the issue. It's boring and not rewarding in any way.
Crap game design.

Anyway, EU servers down the whole day.
Two weeks from launch.
Considering most people really do play solo only, it's like... Whatever. I give up.

Old
05-30-2012, 03:45 PM
dr robbie
Let's Go Pens!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corto View Post
That's the issue. It's boring and not rewarding in any way.
Crap game design.

Anyway, EU servers down the whole day.
Two weeks from launch.
Considering most people really do play solo only, it's like... Whatever. I give up.
US East servers were down all day yesterday save about an hour around noon and a couple hours at night. Very disappointing to say the least.

Old
05-30-2012, 03:46 PM
Blueline Bomber
Expectations - high

And the whole hacking issue has pretty much made it too dangerous to play anything but solo. Until they figure out what hackers are doing to steal items/gold/etc (which...you know...being forced to play online was supposed to prevent), playing in open games is like Russian Roulette.

Old
05-30-2012, 06:53 PM
vippe

Send a message via MSN to vippe
Belial down on Inferno.. took forever and we couldnt do it on a 4 party but 3 was the magic number.

Old
05-30-2012, 07:05 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
FAT SLOB

I started again as a wizard. I'm liking it more than my Barbarian character so far.

05-30-2012, 07:14 PM
Volcanologist
Used Register

vulkan#1679 (Americas)

going to play nightmare with my bro. sounds like inferno isnt a great time yet and finishing it would be more of a tedious chore than anything else. Hopefully it will be fixed up by the time we/I get there...

Old
05-30-2012, 09:54 PM
dogbazinho

Love to see those 51 level rares in ACT IV Inferno. I can't even pay for repairs beyond Act 1 in Inferno with the drops I get. Meanwhile AH prices on my weapon are absurd mostly because the stats I'm looking for are the only viable way to play my class.

Old
05-30-2012, 10:35 PM
Stop Winnin
TANK ON BOYS

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogbazinho View Post
Love to see those 51 level rares in ACT IV Inferno. I can't even pay for repairs beyond Act 1 in Inferno with the drops I get. Meanwhile AH prices on my weapon are absurd mostly because the stats I'm looking for are the only viable way to play my class.
My biggest beef with the game, you don't find the drops you need for the level you're at. You need Act 3 + Inferno gear to even do Act 1, and you're forced to buy it from the AH to even do it. It's so stupid, the game is fun but sometimes I just want to pound my skull into oblivion playing it.

Old
05-30-2012, 11:21 PM
BeBen*

Hell yeah, my first set item

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/zunimassas-vessel

Old
05-30-2012, 11:23 PM
Towers
Is it on Origin?

Send a message via MSN to Towers
Yeah I've hit the wall in inferno. **** this ****. I have to use the AH or I'm screwed? **** that noise.

Old
05-31-2012, 12:00 AM
yakitate304
Crunch Time

I don't mind the fact that Inferno is killing me. I'd rather not feel like I've mastered the game after two weeks. I hope they don't make it easier all-around.

Old
05-31-2012, 01:17 AM
Takao
kesbae

Inferno is pretty much doing as intended. I'll do a few late AI + Butcher runs and switch between that and an alt. Tried AII yesterday and got destroyed. Not quite there yet.

Old
05-31-2012, 02:51 AM
Corto
Faceless Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakitate304 View Post
I don't mind the fact that Inferno is killing me. I'd rather not feel like I've mastered the game after two weeks. I hope they don't make it easier all-around.
There's no skill involved, pretty much at all.

It's a gear/grind-check, nothing would show that you "mastered" it.

Again, it's a retardedly bad game design.

Good game design:
- natural progress through gear and skill... even if slow

Bad game design:
- your character is stuck farming MONEY so he can buy gear that is otherwise unattainable to him in order to progress

Seriously... And instead of the whole gaming community throwing garbage at Blizz (which they deserve, as this was deliberate in order to force people to use their AH - they flat out said so), there are a lot of folks out there who gobble up whatever Blizz releases, no matter if the product is a truly great game, or a glorified piece of thrash feeding off the franchise name.

Old
05-31-2012, 03:44 AM
Bruins4Lifer
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
There's no skill involved, pretty much at all.

It's a gear/grind-check, nothing would show that you "mastered" it.
This is Diablo, of course there's very little skill involved. It's all point and spam-click with tons of grinding.

Old
05-31-2012, 03:51 AM
vippe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins4Lifer View Post
This is Diablo, of course there's very little skill involved. It's all point and spam-click with tons of grinding.
Yeah I dont understand what he means really. Diablo was always gear/grind-check. Always was, always will. There are some skill to it but mostly it was gear. In Diablo, in Diablo II and you guessed it - In Diablo III as well.

Old
05-31-2012, 04:06 AM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Karlos 1318 - Americas

Old
05-31-2012, 04:23 AM
Corto
Faceless Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by vippe View Post
Yeah I dont understand what he means really. Diablo was always gear/grind-check. Always was, always will. There are some skill to it but mostly it was gear. In Diablo, in Diablo II and you guessed it - In Diablo III as well.
Because in D2 you farmed for your items, and you COULD PROGRESS naturally.
It didn't matter the items came slowly, but they came, and while farming, you were progressing etc.ž
Every time you whacked a boss you were hoping for a good drop.
When you saw an orange item drop, you nearly shat yourself with excitement.

In D3, you CANNOT PROGRESS NATURALLY, but you're stuck (especially as a melee) farming Hell or Act 1, having a vastly REDUCED chance of finding your own items (again, done deliberately so you're forced to use the AH), and then hoarding money to buy stuff off the AH.

The game isn't centered around YOU, the customer and the player character.
It's centered around the AH/RMAH, where the devs out up an artificial, poorly designed difficulty wall in order to make you use it.

I'm not sure how anyone can defend such a retarded concept, a concept that treats customers like morons and brainless losers who'll fork out money for anything dressed in the right coat.
The Inferno artificial difficulty is awful.
The itemization is awful.
The story feels like it was done in 2 hours by a 12 year old for 8-year old kids.
The class system is just... No customization at all, and for all the "different" builds available, you're pigeon-holed into most certain skills in Inferno.
Jeweler and blacksmiths are useless and pointless, and it all goes back to the AH again.

For the Nth time, there's a right kind of "hard" in a game (Dark Souls) and there's the boring, tedious, artificial, badly designed gameplay like here...

(whatever, I'll play out my toon til I'm done with Inferno, out of spite... and hopefully soon BG:EE will come out to dull the pain and the disappointment that was D3)

On a separate note, numerous reports of player losing lvl 50+ HC characters due to servers dropping, and Blizz simply saying "soz, but we don't do backsies on HC toons for ANY reason", just goes to show how much that company is influenced by Activision.
Disgusting.

Last edited by Corto: 05-31-2012 at 04:28 AM.
Old
05-31-2012, 04:55 AM
vippe

Quote:
Because in D2 you farmed for your items, and you COULD PROGRESS naturally.
It didn't matter the items came slowly, but they came, and while farming, you were progressing etc.ž
Every time you whacked a boss you were hoping for a good drop.
When you saw an orange item drop, you nearly shat yourself with excitement.

In D3, you CANNOT PROGRESS NATURALLY, but you're stuck (especially as a melee) farming Hell or Act 1, having a vastly REDUCED chance of finding your own items (again, done deliberately so you're forced to use the AH), and then hoarding money to buy stuff off the AH.

The game isn't centered around YOU, the customer and the player character.
It's centered around the AH/RMAH, where the devs out up an artificial, poorly designed difficulty wall in order to make you use it.

I'm not sure how anyone can defend such a retarded concept, a concept that treats customers like morons and brainless losers who'll fork out money for anything dressed in the right coat.
The Inferno artificial difficulty is awful.
The itemization is awful.
The story feels like it was done in 2 hours by a 12 year old for 8-year old kids.
The class system is just... No customization at all, and for all the "different" builds available, you're pigeon-holed into most certain skills in Inferno.
Jeweler and blacksmiths are useless and pointless, and it all goes back to the AH again.

For the Nth time, there's a right kind of "hard" in a game (Dark Souls) and there's the boring, tedious, artificial, badly designed gameplay like here...

(whatever, I'll play out my toon til I'm done with Inferno, out of spite... and hopefully soon BG:EE will come out to dull the pain and the disappointment that was D3)

On a separate note, numerous reports of player losing lvl 50+ HC characters due to servers dropping, and Blizz simply saying "soz, but we don't do backsies on HC toons for ANY reason", just goes to show how much that company is influenced by Activision.
Disgusting.
I agree with some things you are saying and I have let Blizzard know that through a few posts. I just dont believe sounding like a broken record with all the whine that you read on the b.net forum is helping. I'm sure they find it more useful if more POSTERS instead of POSTS make their voices heard. And I dont see how the so called Mephisto Runs and Baal runs are any different "natural" progressing than what is happening in D3 right now, I've progressed through dozens and dozens of Butcher Runs on Inferno and I finally managed to beat Belial yesterday. If we want to talk about natural progress we would be talking Iron Man in Diablo But hey that's just me and obviously we dont see things the same way

If that last part is true that is awful though. I'm sure blizzard has heard alot of stories on people wanting their HC chars back though

Old
05-31-2012, 04:57 AM
Wilch
Unregistered User

IMO this game is too gear heavy. If PVP was available, a level 40 with epic gear can kick the **** out of a level 60 with not so good gear.

I've also been running around in Act I inferno with decent level 57-60 gears. Anytime I run into a group of elites or a champion, I die instantly if I try fighting, and if I try kiting I start losing health because "I'm taking too long to kill them".

I think I might stick around to see what the real currency AH has to offer. If there are enough rich kids to rip off on there, I might grind it out just a little more for some $$. Otherwise I'm done.

Old
05-31-2012, 04:59 AM
Graveland
HONE YOUR CRAFT

vCash: 50
Because power leveling isn't refined/common knowledge and the legendary items that drop in D3 are ****.

I can't play this game like I used to play D2 but then again I just don't have that kind of time anymore.

When it comes to hardcore characters, blizzard has always had that stance. Don't make one if you can't handle the fact that server stability might get your character deleted.

Old
05-31-2012, 06:16 AM
Sir Richard 37
311 Has Grassroots.

I don't understand why some players are so anti-AH. People are refusing to use it, then complaining about not having solid gear for survival. It's a key aspect in the game, so embrace it, or at least TRY to.

Also, Corto, I respect your opinion, but you're just repeating yourself at this point. I love Dark Souls as much as the next fan, but I'm not playing Dark Souls.

I dunno, I guess I look at it differently than most folks. When I buy a game, I embrace all the things I love about it, instead of dwelling on the things I dislike. It makes for a better experience.

If ya don't like a game, no harm no foul... But, move on!

Closed Thread