HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The KHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The KHL Discuss the Continental Hockey League (Kontinentalnaya Hokkeynaya Liga).

HC Lev Prague 2012/13 season talk

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-31-2012, 06:12 AM
  #101
zorz
Registered User
 
zorz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 3,908
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeez View Post
What date we'll know standings for next season? How do you mean will Lev's group look like?
this year it will be 2 divisions with 7 teams and 2 divisions with 6 teams. Last year it was Lev, SKA, Riga, Spartak, CSKA, Dynamo. They could just add Slovan and therefore it would be 7 teams division. Or they could remove somebody and have 6 teams division.

zorz is offline  
Old
05-31-2012, 06:33 AM
  #102
Jeez
Jay Jay
 
Jeez's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Praha - Islands
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 981
vCash: 500
It's all about do we get "Moscow group" again ?

Non-Moscow group can look like : SKA,Riga,Minsk,Slovan,Donbass
maybe plus one more team.

Jeez is offline  
Old
05-31-2012, 06:37 AM
  #103
zorz
Registered User
 
zorz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 3,908
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeez View Post
It's all about do we get "Moscow group" again ?

Non-Moscow group can look like : SKA,Riga,Minsk,Slovan,Donbass
maybe plus one more team.
I don't know, but I doubt KHL would like to separate SKA from Moscow teams.

zorz is offline  
Old
05-31-2012, 07:25 AM
  #104
cska78
Registered User
 
cska78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: USA
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 10,762
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoIsGuyIncognito View Post
Well first of all it will take a large sum of money away from other Prague teams - Slavia and Sparta - both from sponsorship and from attendance - which is pretty bad even as of now. Then, it will take away a lot of prestige from extraliga - the league has big problems to keep even the above-average players as of now and with KHL team made up mostly from czech players it will get even worse. I mean, if czech teams cant keep players like Vondrka or Troncinsky - you are in trouble. What I think will happen is that HC Lev will be succesfull and that will lead to creation of about 3 more czech based teams in next, say, 5 years (it can be Karlovy vary, Ostrava, Brno or some other team) - this will make etraliga a redundant league on level with 1.liga or something - this will lead to less money in 'traditional' extraliga teams - hence less money for youth system (money is the biggest issue even as of now) and further decreasing quality of czech junior leagues. The point is that this one team is not so much of a problem - but im affraid that it will open the doors fore more 'regional'teams (one from west bohemia, one from moravia etc.) that will 'steal' attention, money and fans from smaller teams which will in result lead to lowering the quality of czech hockey in general.
Sorry, but your league doesn't have much prestige left, even marginal prospects go abroad. I understand your point, but having a richer team in the region (keeping at least marginal prospects home) and seeing MUCH stronger competition on regular bases is actually good for the fans and the NT.

cska78 is offline  
Old
05-31-2012, 07:53 AM
  #105
dratvak
Registered User
 
dratvak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Prague
Country: Chad
Posts: 26
vCash: 500
Praha, Doneck, Minsk, Riga, CSKA Moskva a SKA Petrohrad
http://hokej.pravda.sk/krajci-palffy...33_sk-hkhl_p50

dratvak is offline  
Old
05-31-2012, 08:02 AM
  #106
dratvak
Registered User
 
dratvak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Prague
Country: Chad
Posts: 26
vCash: 500
Lev, Doneck, Minsk, Riga, CSKA Moskva ,SKA Petrohrad
http://hokej.pravda.sk/krajci-palffy...33_sk-hkhl_p50

dratvak is offline  
Old
05-31-2012, 08:27 AM
  #107
Jeez
Jay Jay
 
Jeez's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Praha - Islands
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 981
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dratvak View Post
Lev, Doneck, Minsk, Riga, CSKA Moskva ,SKA Petrohrad
http://hokej.pravda.sk/krajci-palffy...33_sk-hkhl_p50
This composition looks great. All teams interesting me a much.

Jeez is offline  
Old
05-31-2012, 09:10 AM
  #108
cska78
Registered User
 
cska78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: USA
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 10,762
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
Quote:
Originally Posted by dratvak View Post
Praha, Doneck, Minsk, Riga, CSKA Moskva a SKA Petrohrad
http://hokej.pravda.sk/krajci-palffy...33_sk-hkhl_p50
oh, great group. only get rid of ska and put spartak in - this way we all have a chance.

cska78 is offline  
Old
05-31-2012, 09:54 AM
  #109
zorz
Registered User
 
zorz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 3,908
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dratvak View Post
Lev, Doneck, Minsk, Riga, CSKA Moskva ,SKA Petrohrad
http://hokej.pravda.sk/krajci-palffy...33_sk-hkhl_p50
he also says according some KHL rules they have to create their MHL team in 3 years. if that's true, the same probably applies to Lev.

zorz is offline  
Old
05-31-2012, 01:25 PM
  #110
Jeez
Jay Jay
 
Jeez's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Praha - Islands
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 981
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorz View Post
he also says according some KHL rules they have to create their MHL team in 3 years. if that's true, the same probably applies to Lev.
Yep that's he said. But I thought HC Lev wants his junior team in K.Vary for next season 12-13. Do we know any names for this team?

Jeez is offline  
Old
05-31-2012, 02:33 PM
  #111
zorz
Registered User
 
zorz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 3,908
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeez View Post
Yep that's he said. But I thought HC Lev wants his junior team in K.Vary for next season 12-13. Do we know any names for this team?
Nope, it's KV who initiated this. Both KV and Lev denied there is any connection. I think at least 80% will be their own juniors.

zorz is offline  
Old
05-31-2012, 04:12 PM
  #112
vorky
@vorkywh24
 
vorky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 6,685
vCash: 500
Jeez
I would say we will know divisions and schedule of next season in the middle of june (or june/july)


WhoIsGuyIncognito
czech league has trouble for many years.. czech clubs can not keep their best prospects until they are 20. Solve this not KHL. Look have many 17-18 czechs play CHL and Swedish u18/u20 leagues. That is problem of czech hockey, not KHL.

Quote:
even marginal prospects go abroad.
THIS, thats problem

vorky is online now  
Old
05-31-2012, 04:17 PM
  #113
vorky
@vorkywh24
 
vorky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 6,685
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeez View Post
Yep that's he said. But I thought HC Lev wants his junior team in K.Vary for next season 12-13. Do we know any names for this team?
read here

vorky is online now  
Old
05-31-2012, 04:40 PM
  #114
Jeez
Jay Jay
 
Jeez's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Praha - Islands
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 981
vCash: 500
Ok then.
I've heard K.V. made a strategy, that other clubs can send their best prospects to K.V. What is sense of that ? K.V. wants divide profit for these players heading to HC Lev, or so...?

Jeez is offline  
Old
06-01-2012, 12:33 AM
  #115
vorky
@vorkywh24
 
vorky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 6,685
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeez View Post
Ok then.
I've heard K.V. made a strategy, that other clubs can send their best prospects to K.V. What is sense of that ? K.V. wants divide profit for these players heading to HC Lev, or so...?
I am not sure if it is even possible. Dont know. I would say KV wants to give kids better conditions for development. Look at slovak Orange 20 project. Kids are loaned here to play regularly extraliga (they would not in respective club). They are back in their club after season. I can imagine similar model with KV MHL - maybe kid will play for them 2 years or so. Who knows?

vorky is online now  
Old
06-01-2012, 04:23 AM
  #116
Jeez
Jay Jay
 
Jeez's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Praha - Islands
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 981
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
I am not sure if it is even possible. Dont know. I would say KV wants to give kids better conditions for development. Look at slovak Orange 20 project. Kids are loaned here to play regularly extraliga (they would not in respective club). They are back in their club after season. I can imagine similar model with KV MHL - maybe kid will play for them 2 years or so. Who knows?
How is it works? no idea, probably better than U-20 league. Remember last season Tatranskí vlci but i saw only few games. I hope MHL is far better than Czech U-20. This is, why is it kinda surprise for me. Not similar strategy of Poprad and Praha. Poprad created MHL team automatically.

Found it. stuff about K.V. (MHL) - http://hokejkv.cz/clanek.asp?id=6382


Last edited by Jeez: 06-01-2012 at 07:43 AM.
Jeez is offline  
Old
06-01-2012, 05:05 AM
  #117
vorky
@vorkywh24
 
vorky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 6,685
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeez View Post
How is it works? no idea, probably better than U-20 league. Remember last season Tatranskí vlci but i saw only few games. I hope MHL is far better than Czech U-20. This is, why is it kinda surprise for me. Not similar strategy of Poprad and Praha. Poprad created MHL team automatically.
Orange 20 is slovak project in slovak extraleague. Best juniors play for this team against adults instead of playing U20 league. You know, young kids dont have chance do make senior roster in our country. Sad.. but these kids are ON LOAN in Orange team. Orange team can not "sell" them to another team/lague. I can imagine the same with KV in MHL. Kid will sign 5 year deal in 18 years with Pardubice, club loans him for one/two seasons to KV in MHL. But KV wil have no right to sell player to Sparta etc. Maybe I am wrong but that scenario makes sense for me.

Quote:
I hope MHL is far better than Czech U-20.
all guy of Vlci and coaches support your opinion as I know.


Last edited by vorky: 06-01-2012 at 05:11 AM.
vorky is online now  
Old
06-01-2012, 11:30 AM
  #118
Erathian
Registered User
 
Erathian's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Czech republic
Posts: 370
vCash: 500
I am very interested in MHL in Karlovy Vary. I'm also glad that I can visit these matches. It should be for free so there might be solid attendance.

Erathian is offline  
Old
06-01-2012, 03:35 PM
  #119
Rumcajs
Registered User
 
Rumcajs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,133
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post

WhoIsGuyIncognito
czech league has trouble for many years.. czech clubs can not keep their best prospects until they are 20. Solve this not KHL. Look have many 17-18 czechs play CHL and Swedish u18/u20 leagues. That is problem of czech hockey, not KHL.


THIS, thats problem
From an outsider looking in this can't be fixed. The lure of being abroad with more money is far more alluring than being at home with the same money. Sure there are guys who will play for life in the Czech League but generally speaking most will leave.

For example. Jakub Culek.

3rd round pick of the Ottawa Senators (my team). Hes not Amazing or great just very average but still he got a 3 year entry level deal. Meaning he will make perhaps 60-85 thousand CAD a year. Not bad for a young Czech kid who realistically won't stick around for long in the NHL. Furthermore, before he was offered this contract he played for Rimouski in Quebec (a province of Canada). Time abroad + money = bad news for Czech League

The only way around it is to have a strong U16, U18, U20 structure to produce fresh new talent every year.

Rumcajs is offline  
Old
06-02-2012, 03:27 AM
  #120
zorz
Registered User
 
zorz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 3,908
vCash: 500
Lev's FB page says their website will be launched in 10 days max

zorz is offline  
Old
06-02-2012, 04:48 AM
  #121
ult
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 1,676
vCash: 500
KHL inspecting arena.





They should make them spend so much on renovation of Tipsport arena, that it would be cheaper for lev to play in o2 arena. Shame it won't happen because of KHL bending its own rules.

ult is offline  
Old
06-02-2012, 06:16 AM
  #122
Tatanik
Registered User
 
Tatanik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: England
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 1,916
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Tatanik
Quote:
Originally Posted by ult View Post
KHL inspecting arena.





They should make them spend so much on renovation of Tipsport arena, that it would be cheaper for lev to play in o2 arena. Shame it won't happen because of KHL bending its own rules.
Well the reason why Lev didn't play in the o2 Arena I don't think was because of cost.

I think the main reason was due to the size of ice. I may be off-base completely, but I swear HC Slavia Praha use a smaller sized ice pad (especially width wise) than the international standard, and because Slavia have the contract with the o2 until 2014, the ice will stay that size. Lev wanted full international size ice.

I believe that's what the reason was anyway.

Tatanik is offline  
Old
06-02-2012, 06:48 AM
  #123
vorky
@vorkywh24
 
vorky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 6,685
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatanik View Post
Well the reason why Lev didn't play in the o2 Arena I don't think was because of cost.

I think the main reason was due to the size of ice. I may be off-base completely, but I swear HC Slavia Praha use a smaller sized ice pad (especially width wise) than the international standard, and because Slavia have the contract with the o2 until 2014, the ice will stay that size. Lev wanted full international size ice.

I believe that's what the reason was anyway.
maybe it is a type, according to czech media Slavia has contract with O2A until 2024

Quote:
Slavia má v aréně podepsanou smlouvu jako domácí tým až do roku 2024.
http://aktualne.centrum.cz/sportplus...html?id=742445

vorky is online now  
Old
06-02-2012, 03:34 PM
  #124
dratvak
Registered User
 
dratvak's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Prague
Country: Chad
Posts: 26
vCash: 500
Nathan Oystrick
http://www.hokejportal.cz/khl/khl/24...je-artuchina-/

dratvak is offline  
Old
06-02-2012, 03:46 PM
  #125
zorz
Registered User
 
zorz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 3,908
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dratvak View Post
wow, I like that. Thanks!

zorz is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:28 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.