HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hasek thinking about NHL comeback

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-28-2012, 01:17 AM
  #51
Harnessed in Slums
Registered User
 
Harnessed in Slums's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: In the Garage
Posts: 9,509
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GentlemanMasher View Post
He plays great all season, wins us games one and two, and yet the last two games mean he was garbage the whole time.

Derp.
He admitted he was terrible. He retired and hasn't played in the NHL since. For four freaking years. He's now 47 years old. It's pretty straight forward for most people. Sorry it's a bit difficult for you to understand.

Harnessed in Slums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 01:22 AM
  #52
GentlemanMasher*
Registered Abuser
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Country: Ajman
Posts: 906
vCash: 500
I'm sorry his attitude is even more difficult for you to understand. That's Hasek's mindset-if he gets scored on in practice he says he was horrible. I'm sure you'll deny this or pretend it's crazy or something because it doesn't suit what is now your official argument stance but it's just a fact.

Hell that's the mindset of most any competitive athlete.

GentlemanMasher* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 02:34 AM
  #53
sureWhyNot
Registered User
 
sureWhyNot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 209
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDrake28 View Post
Might I add I'm ecstatic that I have achieved Captain Bob status. Glad there is another person of reason around here.
I see Bob has opened a second account.

Silky smooth my man, silky smooth.

sureWhyNot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 11:41 AM
  #54
Harnessed in Slums
Registered User
 
Harnessed in Slums's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: In the Garage
Posts: 9,509
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GentlemanMasher View Post
I'm sorry his attitude is even more difficult for you to understand. That's Hasek's mindset-if he gets scored on in practice he says he was horrible. I'm sure you'll deny this or pretend it's crazy or something because it doesn't suit what is now your official argument stance but it's just a fact.

Hell that's the mindset of most any competitive athlete.
Hahaha please keep posting as you are hilarious. The mindset is to retire and leave the sport for four years? You are hitting the koolaid really hard. Please reply, these posts are gold. Thanks for starting my memorial day off with a good laugh.

Harnessed in Slums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 04:47 PM
  #55
CorbeauNoir
Registered User
 
CorbeauNoir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 628
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fabricoh View Post
Hahaha please keep posting as you are hilarious. The mindset is to retire and leave the sport for four years? You are hitting the koolaid really hard. Please reply, these posts are gold. Thanks for starting my memorial day off with a good laugh.
Um, he most certainly did not leave the sport for four years. He's been actively playing in Europe.

CorbeauNoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 06:33 PM
  #56
Rolo Tomassi
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 31
vCash: 500
Didn't read the whole thread but I'm sure Holland will find a way to trade our 2013 first rounder for him...

Rolo Tomassi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 07:30 PM
  #57
Sentinel
Registered User
 
Sentinel's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 3,049
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CloneHakanPlease View Post
To Gentleman Masher: Your posts may very well be some of the stupidest and most blind "homer" posts I have ever seen on this board.
Fixed that for you. The man is mad.

Sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-28-2012, 07:46 PM
  #58
Harnessed in Slums
Registered User
 
Harnessed in Slums's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: In the Garage
Posts: 9,509
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorbeauNoir View Post
Um, he most certainly did not leave the sport for four years. He's been actively playing in Europe.
Come on, he went on to play at a lower level because he knew he wasn't capable of competing at the NHL level. I have no problem with the guy trying out for an NHL team. I just think it's hilarious how people think he's still an NHL level netminder. The only reason he retired in 2008 is because he knew he couldn't hang anymore. That's much different than the first time he retired following the 2003 season when he was still a very capable goalie. He was terrible during the playoffs in his final NHL season, he said as much and then retired.

I highly doubt the Red Wings go anywhere near this but it's been good for a few laughs so at least there's that.

Harnessed in Slums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2012, 12:11 AM
  #59
GentlemanMasher*
Registered Abuser
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Country: Ajman
Posts: 906
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fabricoh View Post
Hahaha please keep posting as you are hilarious. The mindset is to retire and leave the sport for four years? You are hitting the koolaid really hard. Please reply, these posts are gold. Thanks for starting my memorial day off with a good laugh.
All this reply is, is a nice fancy spruced-up way of saying "I have nothing to say anymore". Feign laughter in order to discredit. Pretty amateur. I like how you dodged the point about him playing great the entire time and then forgetting how to play in a day. Again, not much to say. But hey, good luck with the witch hunt. Blind baseless accusations always go over well.

GentlemanMasher* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2012, 12:29 AM
  #60
WesNichols14
Registered User
 
WesNichols14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Port Huron Michigan
Country: United States
Posts: 1,361
vCash: 500
He Left because Howard was going to get a chance to back up and Ozzy was lights out that year and would likely get the role of starter over him because he already had a contract. let him come to training camp play a few preseason games and if he is competitive and plays well sign him for a year, also sign another backup if Hasek out plays him for the back up spot put him into the AHL or let him get claimed off waivers. if Hasek isnt preforming dont sign him or put him in the AHL he can teach Petr Mrazek.

WesNichols14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2012, 12:35 AM
  #61
RaySheppard
Registered User
 
RaySheppard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 261
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GentlemanMasher View Post
He kept us alive against Nashville for two straight games.
What are you even talking about? Did you watch the games? Or did you simply not process what you were watching?

RaySheppard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2012, 12:42 AM
  #62
Harnessed in Slums
Registered User
 
Harnessed in Slums's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: In the Garage
Posts: 9,509
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GentlemanMasher View Post
All this reply is, is a nice fancy spruced-up way of saying "I have nothing to say anymore". Feign laughter in order to discredit. Pretty amateur. I like how you dodged the point about him playing great the entire time and then forgetting how to play in a day. Again, not much to say. But hey, good luck with the witch hunt. Blind baseless accusations always go over well.
If you have any idea what you are talking about then please tell me why he didn't sign up to play for another NHL team over the past 4 years? There's no witch hunt, there's the fact he walked away from the NHL following a playoff series where he would have prevented the DRW from making it out of the first round if he wasn't replaced by Osgood. Spin it however you like, I can't help it that I find it hilarious.

Harnessed in Slums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2012, 01:41 PM
  #63
GentlemanMasher*
Registered Abuser
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Country: Ajman
Posts: 906
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fabricoh View Post
If you have any idea what you are talking about then please tell me why he didn't sign up to play for another NHL team over the past 4 years?
It's not like he tried and was turned down. He didn't want to come back. That's really all there is to it. Under this logic, why would he want to come back? The only hilarious part kid is how you ignore anything you don't have an answer for.

GentlemanMasher* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2012, 01:45 PM
  #64
GentlemanMasher*
Registered Abuser
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Country: Ajman
Posts: 906
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaySheppard View Post
What are you even talking about? Did you watch the games? Or did you simply not process what you were watching?
How fast our memories fade lol. Babcock said it himself. It was pretty obvious.

GentlemanMasher* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-29-2012, 11:45 PM
  #65
Bench
Moderator
Coffee. Pie. Owls.
 
Bench's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Twin Peaks
Posts: 7,518
vCash: 500
I'm just interested to see how he looks in the net. I have a feeling he'll stack up pretty favorably to MacDonald, even at 47, but who knows.

Bench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 12:39 AM
  #66
Harnessed in Slums
Registered User
 
Harnessed in Slums's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: In the Garage
Posts: 9,509
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GentlemanMasher View Post
It's not like he tried and was turned down. He didn't want to come back. That's really all there is to it. Under this logic, why would he want to come back? The only hilarious part kid is how you ignore anything you don't have an answer for.
Stunk up the joint and then retired from the NHL to play against lesser competition. Sure sounds like a guy looking to redeem himself against the best competition he could find.

Harnessed in Slums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 01:31 AM
  #67
TatarTangle
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Detroit
Country: United States
Posts: 2,337
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GentlemanMasher View Post
How do I dodge what we're clearly already talking about? The team was the reason we lost, not him.
Because you are only willing to give Hasek praise for games 1 and 2 and claim he was the only reason why they won but won't place any blame on him for games 3 and 4 but rather chalk it up as 'bad luck' and that the team lost it for him.

Quote:
Wtf, how does that make sense? Why not 20? Why not 34? You picked a random, arbitrary number when countering my point that you don't forget how to play goal in 24 hours. You then said "well he's not 25", but the point was he was playing shut down hockey just 24 hours before that. Try to keep up.
A 47 year old body doesn't react the same or have the flexibility of someone in their prime. That's just science. Unless you are saying Hasek, at even the ripe 'ol age of FOURTY SEVEN is still in his prime. You haven't, so there is no arguing this.

Quote:
No I don't, please learn to read.
Heed your own advice.

Quote:
LOL@140lbs. Maybe you're 140lbs but you're reaching here.
My apologies. He's listed as 5'11'' 166 lbs. Takes up a lot of net.

Quote:
Myself and many people here. If I was a stranger I'd take my view on hockey 10 times out of 10 over a stooge who claims Ken Holland's only good move was Hossa. You clearly just have a petty personal grudge against the guy, that's pretty obvious to anyone with a pair of eyes.
Then pretell what signings (please keep in mind extending contracts doesn't qualify) he has made to address the fact that Babcock himself has said he needed a legitimate top 6 forward the past two years?

Quote:
False.
True

Quote:
Awww I sense some anger. LOL. Guess what smart guy-you don't have anything to prove your crap either that he wouldn't have won. It's heresy either way. Like I said kid, you don't forget how to play net in a day. It's more likely just very bad luck. Every goalie goes through it. He did at a time when we needed a shake up and got one. Babcock even said in an interview it wasn't so much about Dom as it was changing the team mindset. We were dead for 4 games straight.
So theorheticaly Hasek could very well play until the day he dies. Because when he doesn't play well, its just 'bad luck'

Quote:
But under your logic, he can steal to games in MVP style and it means nothing. He can have two bad games and it means he can't play anymore. Derp.
Pot calling the kettle black? I've said he played well in games 1 and 2 yet you haven't said he played poorly in games 3 and 4 but blamed it on 'bad luck'

Quote:
Why would I expand?This isn't an actual logical reason for thinking Ken Holland hasn't ever made a good move outside of Marian Hossa. None of it is. You just stack strawman nonsense replies and hope people will go along rather than point out how you spout logical fallacies left and right.
Maybe because you know you can't?

TatarTangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 02:04 AM
  #68
ricky0034
Registered User
 
ricky0034's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 7,568
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDrake28 View Post
Then pretell what signings (please keep in mind extending contracts doesn't qualify) he has made to address the fact that Babcock himself has said he needed a legitimate top 6 forward the past two years?
how the **** does Holland not doing much in the last two years prove that Hossa is the only good move Holland ever made?

ricky0034 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 03:08 AM
  #69
GentlemanMasher*
Registered Abuser
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Country: Ajman
Posts: 906
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDrake28 View Post
Because you are only willing to give Hasek praise for games 1 and 2 and claim he was the only reason why they won but won't place any blame on him for games 3 and 4 but rather chalk it up as 'bad luck' and that the team lost it for him.
He let in goals and the team lost. Ugly ones. I said the team was dead for 4 straight games. I'm not playing some bias-filled chess match trying to think moves ahead or some lame crap you always see during arguments, I'm just saying what happened.

Quote:
A 47 year old body doesn't react the same or have the flexibility of someone in their prime. That's just science. Unless you are saying Hasek, at even the ripe 'ol age of FOURTY SEVEN is still in his prime. You haven't, so there is no arguing this.
It's been a few days, a few pages and I'm still no closer to getting an answer as to where the hell this 25 year old thing came from. It's just a retort to a claim or accusation no one made. He played well far beyond that and wasn't even in the NHL at 25, or did you miss that part?

Quote:
My apologies. He's listed as 5'11'' 166 lbs. Takes up a lot of net.
Yeah he must've been 6'5 225lbs when he was 25

Quote:
Then pretell what signings (please keep in mind extending contracts doesn't qualify) he has made to address the fact that Babcock himself has said he needed a legitimate top 6 forward the past two years?
The past two years defines Ken Holland's entire career?

I smell the bait and I'm not takin' it kiddo. Sorry.


Quote:
So theorheticaly Hasek could very well play until the day he dies. Because when he doesn't play well, its just 'bad luck'
He didn't play great, but his poor play has been greatly exaggerated.


Quote:
Pot calling the kettle black? I've said he played well in games 1 and 2 yet you haven't said he played poorly in games 3 and 4 but blamed it on 'bad luck'
Oh yeah, you suuuure did lol.

Quote:
Maybe because you know you can't?
Maybe because it's retarded and wasn't an actual counterpoint to a point anyone made. But at this point it's pretty obvious you're just eager to be contrary regardless because of a personal dislike. You're a joke.

GentlemanMasher* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 08:01 AM
  #70
mindfly
KEN HOLLAND OUT
 
mindfly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bloomfield Hills, MI
Country: Sweden
Posts: 8,907
vCash: 500
"Ty Conklin will not be re-signed. And the Red Wings are not interested in bringing back Dominik Hasek, who is contemplating a comeback at age 47."

mindfly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 10:00 AM
  #71
Huddy*
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bloomfield Hills, MI
Country: United States
Posts: 2,545
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Huddy*
does this mean that the NYI will also give him a tryout

stay away

Huddy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:03 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.