HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

SCF Gm#1: KINGS Defeat DEVILS in OT 2-1, lead series 1-0 ...

Old
05-31-2012, 08:10 AM
Nex06

vCash: 500
It was kind of a game I was expecting to see. I think we will see more from both teams in game 2.

First line was being covered pretty well, Kopitar still managed to get couple of nice breakthroughs, too bad it wasn't finished well (Brown in first period?). I thought Brown wasn't that good and Kopitar & Williams were ok. Not just because of the goal, the GWG was a 4 player effort.

Second line... I thought they were terrible. Penner was ok but Richards and Carter were among biggest disappointments of the game, for me personally. They were ok in last period, but even in last period I still thought that they were the biggest defensive liability of all 4 lines. First two periods... let's forget about that. Mike Richards. What happened to the 1B center? I'm sorry but Richards has not been 1B center since Vancouver series. The most disturbing is that it's the defensive end, where his bad performance is most obvious. It seems to me that people are willing to overlook all of that, because he gets pissed off when he shouldn't have, after the whistles etc. You know, the heart thing.

I didn't notice much of the third line, but the fourth line was very good.

I thought our defense was good, Doughty was the best of them. Quick was ok, that goal was scored by Voynov, wasn't it? I am quite satisfied with the game, but I know that both teams will raise their level. The only question is, which team will be able to raise it higher.

Nex06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 08:17 AM
Capn Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nex06 View Post

Mike Richards. What happened to the 1B center?

He was busy losing 10 of 15 faceoffs!

Capn Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 08:41 AM
Butch 19
King me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Brown View Post

Also....

Harrold's been playing 20ish minutes per games. Meanwhile, Martinez has been playing 14ish minutes per game. Does this bother anybody? I mean, did we go with the wrong #6 defenseman by (over the summer) choosing Martinez over Harrold?
forgot the smilie?

Butch 19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 08:41 AM
DeadPuck

Well done guys. Please crush the Debbies!

DeadPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 08:48 AM
lumbergh

Quote:
A couple of things....

Also....

Harrold's been playing 20ish minutes per games. Meanwhile, Martinez has been playing 14ish minutes per game. Does this bother anybody? I mean, did we go with the wrong #6 defenseman by (over the summer) choosing Martinez over Harrold?
Not one bit. I don't miss Peter Harrold one iota.

lumbergh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 08:54 AM
BigBrown
They did it again!

Quote:
It's probably more of a reflection of the other d-men. NJ doesn't have very many big names on their defense, it's more of a defense by committee where everyone does their share. When the Kings are playing Martinez they aren't playing Mitchell or Doughty, probably the two best d-men in the finals, so naturally his minutes are gonna be less in favor of those two.

BigBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 09:00 AM
TonySCV
Push to the 8th Tee

I'm reading all the news articles this morning (trying to - there are hundreds!) and it keeps getting mentioned how humid it was in the building last night, which obviously made for terrible ice and bouncing pucks but had to be absolutely miserable to play in.

I can't imagine how tough that must have been on the players. Drenched in sweat after 8 days off. I'm surprised no one passed out. Brown said when Kopi scored the team was relieved, not overjoyed, because they were all so dead tired.

TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 09:33 AM
thunderchief1994

Great win guys. Now go do what my team could not, win game 2. You put em down 2-zip and head back to LA and you're good to go. You waited your whole life for this and I hope you have your day in the sun.

Signed 200K screaming Ranger fans.

thunderchief1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 09:41 AM
PuckinA
Rookie User

nice win Kings!! three more!! WOOT!

PuckinA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 10:22 AM
MsWoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooty View Post
What are they talking about fanning on the breakaway? He clearly shot it after putting Broduer down
He fanned on it. It was very clear on the CBC broadcast that he didn't have the entire stick on the puck.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 10:30 AM
Nex06

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoof View Post
He fanned on it. It was very clear on the CBC broadcast that he didn't have the entire stick on the puck.
Wrong. He lost the puck for a moment but he regained full control of the puck after that. No "fanning" there. Watch a good HD replay from behind, it's quite obvious.

Old
05-31-2012, 10:43 AM
Butch 19
King me

TV broadcast delay of 5 minutes??

Did anyone else notice that the TV broadcast was maybe 5 - 8 minutes behind the "live" game (i.e. radio broadcast)?

I listened to the start of the game on the radio on the train and then on my drive home from the station. Fraser scored his goal maybe 2 minutes before I got home (I thought about honking my horn when he scored, but I didn't. Who knows who that would have ****** off)

I got home and turned on the TV, and the TV showed a score of 0 - 0...?? I thought WTH, how can NBC not give the Kings their 1 goal on the scoreboard?

Then as I watched the game, I realized I was watching parts of the game I had already heard on the radio 5 - 8 minutes before.

I know broadcasters will delay live events for various reasons, but why would there be a delay of over 5 minutes?? It just seemed odd.

Butch 19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 10:47 AM
Nex06

Are you sure about that? I know it's delayed, but are you sure about the actual minutes?

Old
05-31-2012, 10:50 AM
TonySCV
Push to the 8th Tee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch 19 View Post
Did anyone else notice that the TV broadcast was maybe 5 - 8 minutes behind the "live" game (i.e. radio broadcast)?

I listened to the start of the game on the radio on the train and then on my drive home from the station. Fraser scored his goal maybe 2 minutes before I got home (I thought about honking my horn when he scored, but I didn't. Who knows who that would have ****** off)

I got home and turned on the TV, and the TV showed a score of 0 - 0...?? I thought WTH, how can NBC not give the Kings their 1 goal on the scoreboard?

Then as I watched the game, I realized I was watching parts of the game I had already heard on the radio 5 - 8 minutes before.

I know broadcasters will delay live events for various reasons, but why would there be a delay of over 5 minutes?? It just seemed odd.
Do you have a DVR? Maybe you were watching video that was buffered a few minutes from real-time? Not sure what else that could be.

I sync the video to Nick and Daryl on the radio and it wasn't more than a few seconds delayed (maybe 10 seconds or so). Could also be your provider delaying it for whatever reason.

Old
05-31-2012, 10:51 AM
Nex06

Tony has a good idea/explanation there.

Old
05-31-2012, 10:55 AM
Nefarious
Classless Doty

I've been watching a lot of replays of Kopi's goal to look at fan expressions. One thing I noticed was how many Kings fans were there. There weren't as many as in the Phoenix series, which is to be expected. But there were certainly more than I thought there was going to be.

Nefarious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 10:56 AM
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !

vCash: 100
Congrats !!!

05-31-2012, 10:59 AM
Nex06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefarious View Post
I've been watching a lot of replays of Kopi's goal to look at fan expressions. One thing I noticed was how many Kings fans were there. There weren't as many as in the Phoenix series, which is to be expected. But there were certainly more than I thought there was going to be.
I did the same and it looked to me that many of them came as friends of Devils fans as well.

BTW, how many times have you guys watched that replay? I am almost ashamed to admit.

Old
05-31-2012, 11:01 AM
TonySCV
Push to the 8th Tee

Pete DeBoer: "We have to bring more to win this time of year."

You'll recall that same quote from Tippett. Same from Hitchcock. Same from Vigneault. Hell you could take the quotes from Phoenix, Vancouver and St. Louis fans and interchange them in their PGT's. Same story. "Didn't play their best hockey", "need to bring more"... blah blah blah.

Players give all they have this time of year. People are delusional if they think the players have more to give in that moment. Sure they had heavy legs and drenched clothes due to the layoff and humidity respectively, but to say the effort wasn't all there? Sorry. Everyone is giving 100%. There is no "other gear" in the finals.

Old
05-31-2012, 11:02 AM
Thunderhead

vCash: 613
outstanding game . kopi is such a stud for making bordeur look like a ......, never mind .

kill jeff kill !

Thunderhead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 11:03 AM
MsWoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nex06 View Post
Wrong. He lost the puck for a moment but he regained full control of the puck after that. No "fanning" there. Watch a good HD replay from behind, it's quite obvious.
They showed it on CBC and it was obvious he didn't have full control over the puck. It wasn't a massive fan but when I saw the replay I was surprised.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 11:07 AM
DryIslandBartender
KCCO

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
Pete DeBoer: "We have to bring more to win this time of year."

You'll recall that same quote from Tippett. Same from Hitchcock. Same from Vigneault. Hell you could take the quotes from Phoenix, Vancouver and St. Louis fans and interchange them in their PGT's. Same story. "Didn't play their best hockey", "need to bring more"... blah blah blah.

Players give all they have this time of year. People are delusional if they think the players have more to give in that moment. Sure they had heavy legs and drenched clothes due to the layoff and humidity respectively, but to say the effort wasn't all there? Sorry. Everyone is giving 100%. There is no "other gear" in the finals.
Yeah, my sentiments exactly. "We didn't reach another gear" is just coach speak BS, especially at this point.

Personally I think the Kings have a lot to improve on and hopefully the conditions on the ice will be better on Saturday.

DryIslandBartender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 11:09 AM
johnjm22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck U View Post
Dwight King has the BEST Troll FACE EVER !

johnjm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 11:11 AM
Nefarious
Classless Doty

My wife made a pretty good comment before overtime. She said, "I feel pretty good going into over time knowing the Devil's didn't score on Quick." I was like, "What do you mean?" She replies, "Well, the Devil's haven't scored on Quick, Voynov did."

I laughed, but it made some sense.

When I saw Williams chip the puck out to center ice and saw a flash of white and black, my first reaction was "Who is it?" The I saw the 11, I kind of knew it was Kopi by his stance and the way he skates. But then I said, "No way!!!" I was standing in my living room when he made the two fakes and went back to his forehand, everything seemed like in slow motion. When I saw the puck go in under Marty, I was screaming my head off. I guess it was the first realization that it was the SCF, and hand just won the first game.

Did anyone else watch the postgame interviews where the last question, the reporter asked, "Why'd you go to the backhand?" And Kopi kind of smirked and said, "Uh, I went forehand." I was busting up because both Kopitar and Quick were laughing.

Nefarious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 11:12 AM
Thunderhead

vCash: 613
Quote:
Originally Posted by KopitarFAN View Post
Kopi undressed Marty. What a win.
marty is the scorpin king move . he looked useless .

Thunderhead is online now   Reply With Quote