HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

SCF Gm#1: KINGS Defeat DEVILS in OT 2-1, lead series 1-0 ...

Old
05-31-2012, 11:13 AM
Nex06

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoof View Post
They showed it on CBC and it was obvious he didn't have full control over the puck. It wasn't a massive fan but when I saw the replay I was surprised.
I saw the same replay many many times. I agree that the initial loss of puck control is not even visible on NBC coverage, the LAK feed on Gamecenter shows it all, especially the "View slow" mode of the slo-mo. That's... slow.

To me it looked like Kopitar changed his mind when he saw MB raising his leg. The final shot was 100% intentional and I can't agree with Devils fans saying it just slipped off his stick.

Nex06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 11:13 AM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWoof View Post
They showed it on CBC and it was obvious he didn't have full control over the puck. It wasn't a massive fan but when I saw the replay I was surprised.
I think Kopitar was going to roof it, but then saw brodeur's pad up and changed his shot. Don't think it was a "fanned" shot. Maybe someone will ask him at some point.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 11:16 AM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Quick's reaction to the "backhand move" question to Kopitar was priceless. I think he let his personality out in front of the cameras for the first time. Loved that moment.

Old
05-31-2012, 11:18 AM
Butch 19
King me

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
Do you have a DVR? Maybe you were watching video that was buffered a few minutes from real-time? Not sure what else that could be.
That's probably it. My wife was recording it (DVR) so I could watch the opening later.

And I must say, I really like the singer (Arlette?) that did the national anthem. Saw her do gm 6 vs NYR for the first time. She just belts it out, with nothing fancy at the end.

Quote:
I sync the video to Nick and Daryl on the radio and it wasn't more than a few seconds delayed (maybe 10 seconds or so).
How do you do this? Are you watching on PC/laptop? or dish/DVR?

Let's just say that Emrick's call of Kopitar's GWG, was... lacking. I'd much rather listen to Nick and Daryl.

Butch 19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 11:24 AM
Nefarious
Brad Doty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch 19 View Post
Let's just say that Emrick's call of Kopitar's GWG, was... lacking. I'd much rather listen to Nick and Daryl.
I've found pretty much every national broadcaster covering the Kings games lacking. They all seem sad when the Kings when or score a big goal. I don't expect special treatment or homers, but it's pretty obvious in the reactions in their voices when the Kings score versus the other teams.

Maybe it's just me. I don't know. I'll tell you this, I'd give just about anything to listen to Bob and Jim covering the games.

Nefarious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 11:25 AM
KingKopitar11
Drew Doughty Eh?

I love this Kopitar. Kopitar is the man. Cool as a cucumber on OT game 1 on a break away in the stanley cup playoffs. True swagger.

KingKopitar11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 11:25 AM
Thunderhead

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Ron View Post
I love how even after the loss the Devils fans are talking trash.
they are just 'swarm it up' for the 'swamp team' .

Thunderhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 11:27 AM
Nex06

I also watched couple of times Lombardi and Hextall being super intense before the goal. The Hextall seems to be the vocal leader of the duo:

"Come on Kopi"
Then some nervous jaw moving stuff and jumping after the goal : "**** yeah!"

Lombardi on the other hand... he was completely frozen and you could see that he was not breathing at all. Then he sort of snaps from his frozen state, realizing that's it. Almost spilling the drink while he awkwardly makes something that was supposed to be a clap. One clap. The guy is very nervous, that's for sure.

From the players' reactions I found Greene and Richards to be the funniest. Richards was laughing long time before the goal was scored, he was totally expecting it. Then he receives a shove and gives one.

The coolest looking dude was of course Sutter. I think I haven't seen him showing an obviously positive reaction to a Kings goal during last month. Ok, maybe just after one goal.

Old
05-31-2012, 11:31 AM
TonySCV
One More Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch 19 View Post
How do you do this? Are you watching on PC/laptop? or dish/DVR?

It's an art more than a science. The pocket tunes or iheartradio feed (iphone apps) of Nick and Daryl's call is delayed more than the TV feed, so I just use the DVR to sync it up as best I can.

It's not ideal... every 15-30 minutes or so it starts becoming more delayed and I have to re-sync it, but it's nice once in a while when I just want to hear a familiar voice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefarious View Post
I've found pretty much every national broadcaster covering the Kings games lacking.
I disagree. Strader's goal calls were plenty enthusiastic, and I thought his series-clinching goal call for Penner in OT vs. the Yotes was terrific. Short, enthusiastic and to the point.

In fact, Strader called the game for NHL international - if I can find a video clip of his goal call for Kopitar, I'll post it. It was excellent. NHL network had it as the intro highlight for their NHL Tonight broadcasts overnight.

Emrick's was just OK last night, but aside form the ending, that game wasn't entertaining, so I can understand the broadcasters apathy somewhat. The play was slowed down significantly because the puck was bouncing and the ice was a mess. Very low shot totals. Icings and offsides dominated the first period, and the 2nd period was basically the Kings playing keep away. Quick went something like 15 minutes without seeing a shot. Great if you're a Kings fan... dull as hell for everyone else.

The Los Angeles Kings - 2012 Stanley Cup Champions

Last edited by TonySCV: 05-31-2012 at 11:38 AM.
TonySCV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 11:32 AM
Thunderhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greater Malison View Post

the scorpion wale is down

Old
05-31-2012, 11:34 AM
KingKopitar11
Drew Doughty Eh?

Lol it would of been funny to have one of those mexican soccer announcers that continually scream goal after a goal, it goes to commercial saying "goooooal", comes back to the broadcast he still isnt done lol

KingKopitar11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 11:35 AM
Sydor25
LA Kings

If the Kings win the cup, will fans stop complaining about starting in Europe? The Kings winning this season would make it four years in a row that a team starting in Europe won the cup.

Old
05-31-2012, 11:35 AM
Nefarious
Brad Doty

Quote:
It's an art more than a science. The pocket tunes or iheartradio feed (iphone apps) of Nick and Daryl's call is delayed more than the TV feed, so I just use the DVR to sync it up as best I can.

It's not ideal... every 15-30 minutes or so it starts becoming more delayed and I have to re-sync it, but it's nice once in a while when I just want to hear a familiar voice.
I have a hard time watching a game that I know is delayed. I have a quirk where I have to watch a feed that's the most current. However, I will watch a delayed feed if I hate the people calling the game, which has been a lot in these playoffs.

Old
05-31-2012, 11:36 AM
Nex06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
Quick's reaction to the "backhand move" question to Kopitar was priceless. I think he let his personality out in front of the cameras for the first time. Loved that moment.
The team obviously clicks, but as anywhere else, there are of course few groups of players that seem to like each other even more than the rest. I think that Kopitar, Brown, Quick and Penner seem to be one of these groups, with Greene, Doughty and Mitchell not being far behind. Maybe I'm wrong but it just looks to me as if Kopitar is one of Quick's favorite Kings players, same goes for Penner. Penner said that his teammates helped him out when he was down, maybe that has something to do with it as well.

I'm just talking non-sense at this point, excuse me. Still energized from the win.

Old
05-31-2012, 11:39 AM
Thunderhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYDevil View Post
Could be the humidity? Strange bounces on the boards too. Be happy your not playing the Rangers. Really crazy bounces along the boards and glass.
agree , it's easier to beat the 'dominators' .

Old
05-31-2012, 11:39 AM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Quote:
I have a hard time watching a game that I know is delayed. I have a quirk where I have to watch a feed that's the most current. However, I will watch a delayed feed if I hate the people calling the game, which has been a lot in these playoffs.
My television's volume has been at 0 for most of the kings games, but I thought last night was okay. Doc just gets too damn excited for simple plays. Reminds me of the monarchs radio announcer.

Old
05-31-2012, 11:41 AM
Nex06

Quote:
Maybe it will help you put your mind at ease, but unless you are watching the game live, EVERYTHING is delayed. The raw feed needs to get to the TV station and then it is sent from there as a production feed. In best case scenario we are talking about 20 seconds, but most of the time it's much more.

Old
05-31-2012, 11:42 AM
DaAnimal

Not the best game of our playoff run, but I'll take the win.

Got to keep our composure. Devils are not an easy team to beat.

Any watch parties Pasadena on Saturday? I don't want to go to LA Live because im assuming it will be JAMMED pack. Did anyone go last night? How was the crowd?

DaAnimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 11:43 AM
Wooty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greater Malison View Post
What do you think about my idea to get this photo tattoo'd on my lower back?

Wooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 11:44 AM
ninjastache

When i saw the Kopitar goal, All i could do is find myself repeating his sacred words "EFFIN RIGHT!"

ninjastache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 11:47 AM
Nefarious
Brad Doty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nex06 View Post
Maybe it will help you put your mind at ease, but unless you are watching the game live, EVERYTHING is delayed. The raw feed needs to get to the TV station and then it is sent from there as a production feed. In best case scenario we are talking about 20 seconds, but most of the time it's much more.
Yes, yes, I know that. What I mean is, purposely delaying a feed you're watching to sync up announcers on a radio or internet feed. There have been times I have watched an internet feed so I can hear Bob and Jim instead of the Sharks announcers when they play eachother. I often find that I keep checking the Sharks feed for score updates (because of less delay, it's more current).

It's just tough for me to watch a severely delayed feed, knowing there's another one that's not as delayed - if that makes sense.

Old
05-31-2012, 11:50 AM
chimrichalds18
the key

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nex06 View Post
I also watched couple of times Lombardi and Hextall being super intense before the goal. The Hextall seems to be the vocal leader of the duo:

"Come on Kopi"
Then some nervous jaw moving stuff and jumping after the goal : "**** yeah!"

Lombardi on the other hand... he was completely frozen and you could see that he was not breathing at all. Then he sort of snaps from his frozen state, realizing that's it. Almost spilling the drink while he awkwardly makes something that was supposed to be a clap. One clap. The guy is very nervous, that's for sure.

From the players' reactions I found Greene and Richards to be the funniest. Richards was laughing long time before the goal was scored, he was totally expecting it. Then he receives a shove and gives one.

The coolest looking dude was of course Sutter. I think I haven't seen him showing an obviously positive reaction to a Kings goal during last month. Ok, maybe just after one goal.
Where can you watch all these views of the goal?

chimrichalds18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 11:53 AM
Thunderhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
Take it easy guys, Jesus...Bob and Jim are coming. Relax.

Some of you guys just crack me up.
do you guys have any links ? i would like to see the post game show from an la prospective .

Old
05-31-2012, 11:53 AM
Nefarious
Brad Doty

Here's the KV link for the Kopi and Quick postgame interview.

http://kings.nhl.tv/team/console.jsp...id=kings-kv-hf

Fast forward to 5:20 for the "backhand" question.

Old
05-31-2012, 11:54 AM
TonySCV
One More Time

More happy humans! Video from inside ESPN Zone as the game winner was scored...

TonySCV is online now   Reply With Quote