HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Parise’s dad says son would “fit right in” with Rangers

Old
05-30-2012, 07:29 AM
abev
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbackatu View Post
I love Parise but there's no way in hell that he would push us over the top if in fact he did sign here.

Personally, I believe a much better choice than signing Parise this year would be to go after and try to sign Jordan Staal next year. He's much younger, bigger, versatile, great on faceoffs, and he would automatically be our #1 center and make us much tougher to play against!
So agreed. Would love Jordan Staal. A legit center who's not afraid to get dirty. If the Rangers are one player away, a guy like Staal makes an enormous difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Punisher View Post
Do we really want another Devil retread here? I'm tired of that.
Agreed again. Parise signing with the Rangers says a lot more about Parise's character than anything else.

abev is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 07:56 AM
bubba5

I always said I believed Paraise would be a Ranger (for the last 2 years), but if the Devils win the Cup I have a hard time believing he will leave a Stanley Cup Champion for the Rangers.

bubba5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 08:47 AM
mxv51

Quote:
Oh really now?

First of all, JT Miller is not even close to making the NHL yet; think more like 2013 at best or 2014 more realistically.

Secondly, even with Parise(and I'll betcha he never signs here), you still have Playoff "No Shows" in the lineup with Gaborik, Stepan, Hagelin and to a lesser extent Anisimov.

Let's assume the stars align perfectly and Parise signs here, we still would not have addressed the issue that our top 9 with the exception of Kreider would remain ridiculously small, not physical and way too easy to play against.

If I were you I would temper my enthusiasm!
In all fairness, Stepan and Hagelin are still young. To call them playoff "no shows" is a bit premature.

Damn, some of you are so hard on this team.

About Parise, I think he will absolutely NOT sign with the Rangers. I've said so since day one and I'm sticking with it. I'll be incredibly shocked if he signs with a team not named the Devils. He seems like the type of guy who will even take a hometown discount.

mxv51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 09:00 AM
MartyOwns
NYRB!!!2013********33333

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
I believe in his draft year, Parise stated he was a Ranger fan. I believe it was known he wanted to be chosen by the Rangers. They took Jessiman instead.
im sorry but…I just had to comment on this. I mean, I get the point of the thread. I cant think of a single reason why parise, who wants to play uptempo and win, would sign with the defensively-strong rival he just eliminated. but that’s fine, I get why you’d want him. I even remember someone photoshopping Kovalchuk into a rangers jersey when his signing was imminent, so I get why that’s here too. but this comment? absolutely ridiculous. I would very much like to see a quote from parise on that one. this is how HF-chinese telephone starts.

MartyOwns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 09:19 AM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyOwns View Post
im sorry but…I just had to comment on this. I mean, I get the point of the thread. I cant think of a single reason why parise, who wants to play uptempo and win, would sign with the defensively-strong rival he just eliminated. but that’s fine, I get why you’d want him. I even remember someone photoshopping Kovalchuk into a rangers jersey when his signing was imminent, so I get why that’s here too. but this comment? absolutely ridiculous. I would very much like to see a quote from parise on that one. this is how HF-chinese telephone starts.
So just because he just eliminated the Rangers in the ECF they can't ever win from here on out?

SnowblindNYR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 09:21 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Rangers won't sign the son of J.P. Parise, sorry to shatter everyone's hopes and dreams.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 09:23 AM
OverTheCap

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyOwns View Post
I agree with you. I have a hard time believing that the son of JP Parise grew up a Rangers fan. That's a big parenting fail by JP if true.

OverTheCap is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 03:20 PM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxv51 View Post
In all fairness, Stepan and Hagelin are still young. To call them playoff "no shows" is a bit premature.

Damn, some of you are so hard on this team.

About Parise, I think he will absolutely NOT sign with the Rangers. I've said so since day one and I'm sticking with it. I'll be incredibly shocked if he signs with a team not named the Devils. He seems like the type of guy who will even take a hometown discount.
You're right and I agree, I'm very hard, impatient, frustrated, angry, bla, bla, etcetera. My son said the same thing about me after the series ended and so point well taken and duly noted; I'll leave the young guys on ELC's alone for now and give them some time to grow!

Drewbackatu* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 04:43 PM
KingWantsCup
Super Saiyan Hank

vCash: 350
Is Zach Parise really a consistent go-to scorer? He's got excellent skills and I know that everyone's going to tell me to go look at his goal vs Canada again, but is Parise really a regular game breaker? I feel like this is where Nash is more valuable. Nash is Kovalchuk caliber, I'd easily prefer him if Howson's demands aren't so ridiculous this summer.

KingWantsCup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 04:57 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingWantsCup View Post
Is Zach Parise really a consistent go-to scorer? He's got excellent skills and I know that everyone's going to tell me to go look at his goal vs Canada again, but is Parise really a regular game breaker? I feel like this is where Nash is more valuable. Nash is Kovalchuk caliber, I'd easily prefer him if Howson's demands aren't so ridiculous this summer.

Nash would cost assets. Parise doesn't, thats the thing. It's like the Yankees when they didn't trade for Santana because Sabathia only costed them money.

Lundsanity30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 05:25 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
Nash would cost assets. Parise doesn't, thats the thing. It's like the Yankees when they didn't trade for Santana because Sabathia only costed them money.
Cap space is an asset. There's no cap in baseball.

In a trade for Nash, you can send salary back the other way. Signing Parise would require you to dump a lot of money while taking very little of it back in the deal. Is it impossible? No, but it's certainly not a cakewalk.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 05:29 PM
azrok22

Quote:
A comparison of their goals per season:
Nash/Parise
2011-2012: 30/31
2010-2011: 32/3 (Parise played 13 games)
2009-2010: 33/38
2008-2009: 40/45
2007-2008: 38/32
2006-2007: 27/31
2005-2006: 31/14 (Parise's rookie year)

Nash is flashier. Parise brings a whole lot more to the game than just goal scoring. Outside of his injured and rookie seasons, Parise has outscored him in 4/5 seasons.

Cap hit and asset cost aside, I would still take Parise over Nash. When you factor in those two things, it's a no brainer, imo.

azrok22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 05:35 PM
we want the cup 94

Just throwing this out there ....

what if say we trade Gabby ... Trade for Nash
then Sign Zach ... not saying its going to happen or i want it to happen
knowing Slats and his trade history anything is possible .
If it did happen how would every one feel ??

we want the cup 94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 05:48 PM
GarretJoseph*

Prove it.

GarretJoseph* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 05:52 PM
charliemurphy

I don't often post but I guess I would chime in saying that Ranger fans shouldn't believe it will be a given that there is no chance of signing Parise to a long term contract this off-season. Its hard to think that Sather won't go hard after Parise.
I think once the draft is over there will be a lot of emphasis on the new CBA. Lockout? Raised/Lowered Cap? which will gauge how and when teams will go after players.
Back to Parise, if the Rangers were to sign him would the top 2 lines look like... Kreider-Richards-Gaborik and Parise-Stepan-Callahan?

charliemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 05:52 PM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

I'm definately NOT ruling out Parise to NY via free agency. If cap is in the way, Sather has proved that cap space can be made available via trade.

This is America's team! Why not add arguably the best all around American Born kid on the market?

Lion Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 06:06 PM
Vitto79

We all know come July 1st Parise will be rumored to several teams and the Rangers will be one of them. If he signs here I do back flips but I am not expecting it.

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 12:20 PM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Originally Posted by we want the cup 94 View Post
Just throwing this out there ....

what if say we trade Gabby ... Trade for Nash
then Sign Zach ... not saying its going to happen or i want it to happen
knowing Slats and his trade history anything is possible .
If it did happen how would every one feel ??
Personally, I'd love to lose Gaborik but he is practically untradeable for many reasons. Nice to dream but I bet he finishes his contract as a Ranger.

Drewbackatu* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 12:25 PM
TKG
Registered Excuser

My dad said I would fit in with the Rangers.

Too bad no article was written about it.

TKG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 01:20 PM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Personally, I'd love to lose Gaborik but he is practically untradeable for many reasons. Nice to dream but I bet he finishes his contract as a Ranger.
No he isn't.

The only road block to trading Gabs is Gabs. But if he were willing to move his NTC, there are at least 10 teams who would actively pursue him. Probably about 5 of those would be the one's he would be willing to go to.

Wouldn't be hard to move Gaborik at all, especially the season he just had.

Blueshirt Believer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 01:31 PM
NyRangers88
Section 208 Row 15

Send a message via AIM to NyRangers88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion Hound View Post
This is America's team!
NBC would argue that Pittsburgh is America's team

05-31-2012, 01:35 PM
Lundsanity30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Believer View Post
No he isn't.

The only road block to trading Gabs is Gabs. But if he were willing to move his NTC, there are at least 10 teams who would actively pursue him. Probably about 5 of those would be the one's he would be willing to go to.

Wouldn't be hard to move Gaborik at all, especially the season he just had.
This is not true at all, people do not want 40 goal scorers. (well Ranger fans apparently at least)

Lundsanity30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 01:42 PM
Sticky Fingers
NYR

Quote:
If you by untradeable mean because we can't afford loosing what he provide, then yes. If you mean Redden-untradeable, fail. He is worth as much as Nash isch. And you know what Colombus wanted for him. I know they didn't get it, but it's an indication of his value.

Sticky Fingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 02:01 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Cap space is an asset. There's no cap in baseball.

In a trade for Nash, you can send salary back the other way. Signing Parise would require you to dump a lot of money while taking very little of it back in the deal. Is it impossible? No, but it's certainly not a cakewalk.
But you could simply move a guy like Dubinsky (or whoever) to free up space, if necessary. IF both Nash and Parise cost the same (in cap space) and were considered equal players you sign the guy who only costs money in a heartbeat. In this case it's even easier to choose Parise as he will cost far less in both assets and cap space.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 02:29 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
But you could simply move a guy like Dubinsky (or whoever) to free up space, if necessary. IF both Nash and Parise cost the same (in cap space) and were considered equal players you sign the guy who only costs money in a heartbeat. In this case it's even easier to choose Parise as he will cost far less in both assets and cap space.
How much cap space are you really going to gain if you trade Dubinsky? I can't imagine we're simply going to dump $4M off the books.

Not to mention we have no idea what kind of contract Parise will be looking for. He could easily ask for $7.5M.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote