HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers sign Jesper Fasth (Now officially Jesper Fast)

Old
05-30-2012, 09:28 PM
Kane One
HFB Partner

vCash: 550
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Fast is being loaned to HV71 for next season. The Rangers gave Fast the max signing bonus. $270,000. Looks like his salary will be the $900,000 max in 13-14 and 14-15. Fast will be at Rangers prospects camp June 24-29.

http://www.jnytt.se/nyhet/47882/jesp...h-klar-for-nhl

The Swedish paper still refers to him as "Fasth".
According to CapGeek, the maximum salary is $925,000, so shouldn't he be making that and with a $277,500 signing bonus?

Last edited by Kane One: 05-30-2012 at 09:39 PM.
Kane One is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 10:34 PM
Drewbackatu*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerfan4life90 View Post
Knowing your track record, I bet he becomes a hall of famer
My track record? I was trashing maryanne all last summer saying he'd be useless once his time and space was taken away and that he'd never get his pristine hands dirty.
Guess I hit that one out of the park!

I'll go on record saying the Del Zotto will never reach his high potential because he lacks a brain! Tune in for the results of that one.

When we signed Richards and posters around here were saying,"pencil him in for 90 points" last July I went on record stating that "who the hell is he going to pass to? And that he is anything but an elite player. Touchee!

I've also stated many times that Staal has maxed out his ability and would be passed by Mcdonagh as our best d-man! Gotta admit I nailed that one!

Now, what gems do you have to add here or are you a monday morning armchair quarterback?

Drewbackatu* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 10:42 PM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerfan4life90 View Post
Knowing your track record, I bet he becomes a hall of famer
A hall of famer in the Juniors; he'll never see the NHL.

Old
05-30-2012, 10:54 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post
Pleased with the signing which was to be expected.

Your projection in this case is the voice of reason, but competition will be determined by who is actually here at that time. Bottom line: he could compete for 4th, maybe even 3rd line (probably 4th) after next year. He is a likely candidate to replace Fedotenko.
I don't think you have a grasp on what kind of player Fast is.

He will NOT be competing for 4th line duties.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 11:13 PM
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod

vCash: 476
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbackatu View Post
My track record? I was trashing maryanne all last summer saying he'd be useless once his time and space was taken away and that he'd never get his pristine hands dirty.
Guess I hit that one out of the park!

I'll go on record saying the Del Zotto will never reach his high potential because he lacks a brain! Tune in for the results of that one.

When we signed Richards and posters around here were saying,"pencil him in for 90 points" last July I went on record stating that "who the hell is he going to pass to? And that he is anything but an elite player. Touchee!

I've also stated many times that Staal has maxed out his ability and would be passed by Mcdonagh as our best d-man! Gotta admit I nailed that one!

Now, what gems do you have to add here or are you a monday morning armchair quarterback?
There's one thing being realistic. You're being a huge downer. Dz is volatile. Doesn't mean he lacks a brain. He made good plays all year. Staal had a concussion. You think a player comes back 100 pct in the same season...? No. Staal is gonna be just fine. Maybe Mactruck will be better. Who knows.

Silence Of The Plams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 02:17 AM
Edge

I'm not going to lie, I love the speed but I'm not sure his scoring quite matches the speed.

I see him in the same boat as Hagelin - a safe projection as a role player to secondary scoring option.

Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 02:18 AM
Ola

On his name.

As I understand it his name was entered into the states books without an H. His family has always used the name with an H.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 02:25 AM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miamipuck View Post
Fasth is much more advanced offensively than Hagelin @ comparable ages. He is/was playing well in an upper echelon professional league. He just needs to fill out/mature.

He had a hot start and everyone jumped all over him. I remember he started with 12 points in the first 11 games, then only 4 points in the next 10 games. He was particularly cold in the last half a dozen games. But before anyone could notice, he got injured, and we were still left with the impression that he is some dominant SEL player. He would've probably been an average SEL player last year.

That doesn't mean that he's not a good prospect, but he's not as good as people here claim.

I wish we saw him last January in the WJC, but he was injured.

I'm not at all convinced based on what I saw and heard that he's superior to Hagelin at the same age. That said, even if it's true, it means nothing. Hagelin excelled above and beyond expectations. Just because he took huge steps forward every year, doesn't mean others will as well.

I would be happy if we wound up with a third line of Hagelin - St. Croix - Fast, where each person scores 15 goals / 40 points a year.

Beacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 10:34 AM
Miamipuck
Al Swearengen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beacon View Post
He had a hot start and everyone jumped all over him. I remember he started with 12 points in the first 11 games, then only 4 points in the next 10 games. He was particularly cold in the last half a dozen games. But before anyone could notice, he got injured, and we were still left with the impression that he is some dominant SEL player. He would've probably been an average SEL player last year.

That doesn't mean that he's not a good prospect, but he's not as good as people here claim.

I'm not at all convinced based on what I saw and heard that he's superior to Hagelin at the same age. That said, even if it's true, it means nothing. Hagelin excelled above and beyond expectations. Just because he took huge steps forward every year, doesn't mean others will as well.

I would be happy if we wound up with a third line of Hagelin - St. Croix - Fast, where each person scores 15 goals / 40 points a year.

He was one of Sweden's better players at the WJC @ 19 and was a good player in the SEL prior to his injury as a 20 y/o. Actually, an argument can be made he was one of the better forwards period in that tourny, not just for Sweden.

Yeah, Hagelin made up a lot of ground prospect wise the last few years as he filled out. However, they aren't close offensively as comparable 20 y/o's. But as you said it means nothing and I am not trying to convince you one way or the other and don't really care to.

BTW Fasth wasn't eligible for the WJC last year, injured or not.

Double BTW- I said playing well in the SEL, not dominating, that is a significant difference.

TLDR: We agree to disagree.

Miamipuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 01:35 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneone View Post
According to CapGeek, the maximum salary is $925,000, so shouldn't he be making that and with a $277,500 signing bonus?
http://www.capgeek.com/players/display.php?id=2278

The MAX for 2010 picks is $900,000

Fast got the MAX signing bonus and MAX salaries

Quote:
Fasth also has games-played bonuses (likely totalling $285,000, to be confirmed later) and a European assignment clause.
https://twitter.com/capgeek/status/208211317742505984

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 01:37 PM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Just saw a tteet that Lindberg has signed with the Rangers but Will be loaned out to Skellefteć in The SEL this year. Will try to provide link bu copy/paste not working on my iPad

BBKers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 01:50 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beacon View Post

There is always a question with European prospects (and indeed prospects in general) as to whether he will be able to succeed at the NHL level. For that reason it is never a bad idea to maintain some skepticism until such time as they prove their worth - especially for any player not drafted in the top 5-10.

Having said that, there's more to the story than just Fast's hot start and then minor "slump" before he got hurt. Don't forget that he came back from his injuries in time to play in the playoffs and went 2-1-3 in 5 games, despite having missed the whole season (and no doubt having an atrophied leg). More importantly, according to those who watched the games and then posted here, he was the best player on HV71, in particular during the last 2-3 games of the series.

Again, there are no guarantees - but there's a reason that he was given the largest contract ever signed by a player his age in the history of the SEL last year and the Rangers then offered him a max contract this year (as a 6th rounder, don't forget).

There is definite top 6, perhaps 1st line, offensive upside there. Now, let's hope he realizes it!

BrooklynRangersFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 02:59 PM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatCrazyRangerFan View Post
There's one thing being realistic. You're being a huge downer. Dz is volatile. Doesn't mean he lacks a brain. He made good plays all year. Staal had a concussion. You think a player comes back 100 pct in the same season...? No. Staal is gonna be just fine. Maybe Mactruck will be better. Who knows.

Contrary to public opinion around here, I have no issues whatsoever with Staal and believe he is a big part of the solution going forward. Even if he wasn't, I would keep him as an enticement to possibly signing his brother Jordan in 2013.

Del Zotto? The obvious flaws in his game defensively(lousy positioning, poor reads, turnovers when pressured, too soft) are a red flag going forward even though he is still very young. His own ice awareness is a real issue and I honestly believe it will hold him back from reaching his potential which is very high.

Old
05-31-2012, 03:03 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBKers View Post
Just saw a tteet that Lindberg has signed with the Rangers but Will be loaned out to Skellefteć in The SEL this year. Will try to provide link bu copy/paste not working on my iPad
I would be fine with that as long as he signed and in the AHL when Fast is.

sign JAM as well and they did a good job in getting Fast, Lindberg, Hrvik , JAM in the fold for the future

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 05:58 PM
Maineice11

Send a message via AIM to Maineice11
Quote:
cwede‏@cwede

@stevezipay @novaron1 Fast back to Sweden. Sign now due to NHL<>SW transfer deadline that had CAL send NYR Erixon. also applies to Lindberg

Retweeted by Steve Zipay
i'm confused...so is Fast going back to sweden? lol i don't quite get this tweet

Maineice11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 06:30 PM
Kreider Typical
flex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineice11 View Post
i'm confused...so is Fast going back to sweden? lol i don't quite get this tweet
basically it means we had to sign a contract with him to hold the rights before the deadline, but he's still staying in sweden. the entry level contract was just to extend the rights to him in the nhl. it's sort of what's happening with schultz this summer. they have a deadline to sign guys. if they don't sign them by then they lose the rights to that player and anybody can make an offer. (from my understanding at least) fairly sure fasth had to be signed by july or june 1st

Kreider Typical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 06:35 PM
Maineice11

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooskating View Post
basically it means we had to sign a contract with him to hold the rights before the deadline, but he's still staying in sweden. the entry level contract was just to extend the rights to him in the nhl. it's sort of what's happening with schultz this summer. they have a deadline to sign guys. if they don't sign them by then they lose the rights to that player and anybody can make an offer. (from my understanding at least) fairly sure fasth had to be signed by july or june 1st
so Fast is staying in sweden and is not elgible to join nyr camp?

Old
05-31-2012, 06:42 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineice11 View Post
so Fast is staying in sweden and is not elgible to join nyr camp?
He'll be in prospect camp in the summer, but most likely, he'll be loaned back to HV71. The NYR are just preparing for it. First year of the ELC goes off though, I think. (ie: contract doesn't slide) although I'm not sure about that part.

Rangers Fail is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 07:07 PM
kovazub94
Enigmatic

Quote:
This is what I came here to check. Will be waiting for an official confirmation.

kovazub94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 07:18 PM
kovazub94
Enigmatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewbackatu View Post
Contrary to public opinion around here, I have no issues whatsoever with Staal and believe he is a big part of the solution going forward. Even if he wasn't, I would keep him as an enticement to possibly signing his brother Jordan in 2013.

Del Zotto? The obvious flaws in his game defensively(lousy positioning, poor reads, turnovers when pressured, too soft) are a red flag going forward even though he is still very young. His own ice awareness is a real issue and I honestly believe it will hold him back from reaching his potential which is very high.
What a bunch of stink - Del Zotto showed some of these flaws in the play-offs (everyone acknowledged that he was off his game, do you understand what this means?), but he definitely exceeded what was expected from him defensively during the regular season. He's only 21 - 22(!!!) with the botched development because he started to play at the NHL level too soon. Too soft??? Really???

Also, it is at least debatable whether McD is better than healthy Staal (quite even for me and very happy about it)... Don't know when you "nailed" this prediction but I'm sure it wasn't when Staal was healthy.

kovazub94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 07:32 PM
Maineice11

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovazub94 View Post
What a bunch of stink - Del Zotto showed some of these flaws in the play-offs (everyone acknowledged that he was off his game, do you understand what this means?), but he definitely exceeded what was expected from him defensively during the regular season. He's only 21 - 22(!!!) with the botched development because he started to play at the NHL level too soon. Too soft??? Really???

Also, it is at least debatable whether McD is better than healthy Staal (quite even for me and very happy about it)... Don't know when you "nailed" this prediction but I'm sure it wasn't when Staal was healthy.
del zotto's play really was not noticeably bad until the last 2 games, which i try to cut him some slack since he lost his grandmother he was very close to...he is human and it appeared he couldnt get it out of his head for those couple games :-/

Old
05-31-2012, 07:35 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

Easily as important to Sweden as Kreider was to the US in 2010-11 WJC.

Hagelin, Lindberg, Fasth may end up being a very solid 3rd pairing. Quick speed up and down the ice on the wing, solid on the draw, smart defensively, and chips in with some decent offense.

Quote:
Good, good, good...

Last edited by vipernsx: 05-31-2012 at 07:41 PM.
vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 07:51 PM
Jacques Strap

Quote:

Great news. Thanks BBKers. Now if you could provide the link...

Jacques Strap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 08:35 PM
Fanned On It

So these Swedes are going to make their way onto the Rangers' roster eventually... right? These aren't going to be like career AHLers or something?

Fanned On It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2012, 12:08 AM
Oak
Hockey fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
10th pick overall in the 2010 draft.
Think we're talking about two different people.

Oak is offline   Reply With Quote