HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ryan McDonagh & Dan Girardi

Old
05-31-2012, 11:13 AM
RyanCallahan24*

vCash: 500
Ryan McDonagh & Dan Girardi

Just gauging value. I'm interested to see how other people view these players. So come up with offers for them seperately or as a package together.

Note: I do not want to trade them, just gauging value. I absolutely love them on my team and I wouldn't trade McDonagh for anything less than an overpayment of historical proportions.

I myself rate McDonagh just as high as blues fans rate their own 22 year old #27, Alex Pietrangelo.

McDonagh is a great skater, he is extremely good in his own zone, he can handle the puck and he was ranked top 6 in ES (even strength points) by defensemen this season.

He had a great +/- and this was his first full season in NHL. The kid is a stud. Give him PP time and he'll turn into a 50 point player IMO (I've also heard the same argument by alot of sportcommentators and hockeyanalysts).

Anyway... shoot! What's their value individually or together.

RyanCallahan24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 11:15 AM
Jack de la Hoya

You might check out this thread: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1196741

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 11:18 AM
RyanCallahan24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeh82 View Post
Thanks but I'm more curious on people's views on these two. In that thread there is mostly talk about who are expendable, MDZ or Staal. I wanna focus on McD and Girardi so I made this .

Old
05-31-2012, 11:20 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
i just want to be first to say: gomez.

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 11:21 AM
Pierre Dagenais
RIP Mr. Hockey

A 2nd round pick?

edit: for the package

Pierre Dagenais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 11:21 AM
RyanCallahan24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
i just want to be first to say: gomez.

Old
05-31-2012, 11:22 AM
RyanCallahan24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Dagenais View Post
A 2nd round pick?

edit: for the package
You mean a pick from the 2nd round for both of them?

Nice troll attempt.

Old
05-31-2012, 11:24 AM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanCallahan24 View Post
Thanks but I'm more curious on people's views on these two. In that thread there is mostly talk about who are expendable, MDZ or Staal. I wanna focus on McD and Girardi so I made this .
...you said you rate McDonagh as highly as the Blues rate Pietrangelo--earlier this year, in a flurry of rhetorical excess, perhaps, a Blues fan posting on the Flyers board suggested that he wouldn't even trade Pietrangelo for Giroux--and I have a feeling that sentiment is held fairly widely among their fans. He's untouchable.

By your logic, McDonagh is also untouchable, so why make a thread about his value?

Old
05-31-2012, 11:30 AM
RyanCallahan24*

Quote:
...you said you rate McDonagh as highly as the Blues rate Pietrangelo--earlier this year, in a flurry of rhetorical excess, perhaps, a Blues fan posting on the Flyers board suggested that he wouldn't even trade Pietrangelo for Giroux--and I have a feeling that sentiment is held fairly widely among their fans. He's untouchable.

By your logic, McDonagh is also untouchable, so why make a thread about his value?
Well no one is 100% untouchable and you can still gauge value, no? So Malkin could never get traded? I guess Gretzky couldn't either...

edit: everyone has a price. If Tampa (they wouldn't, but if they did) offered Stamkos for Pietrangelo I think alot of fans and the GM would say yes.

Old
05-31-2012, 11:43 AM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Well no one is 100% untouchable and you can still gauge value, no? So Malkin could never get traded? I guess Gretzky couldn't either...

edit: everyone has a price. If Tampa (they wouldn't, but if they did) offered Stamkos for Pietrangelo I think alot of fans and the GM would say yes.
Seriously. It took you five posts to get to Gretzky? Do I need to explain why that is completely irrelevant on five different levels?

Anyway, to answer your question, from the Flyers, I would gladly offer JVR and the 2012 1st for McDonagh.

Girardi's value is harder to gauge. He plays far better than his skill set suggests he should (which is more a testament to his play than a denigration of skills). He's the kind of guy you would love to build a defensive corp around, and I just don't see any team offering up a package that would make the Rangers move him.

Staal and MDZ both have questions--about their health, consistency, etc. They are also at least somewhat redundant, assuming the Rangers keep Girardi and McDonagh. That's the reason the original thread moved toward them and away from McD and Girardi.

Old
05-31-2012, 12:26 PM
iamitter
Thornton's Hen

vCash: 50
Quote:
Seriously. It took you five posts to get to Gretzky? Do I need to explain why that is completely irrelevant on five different levels?

Anyway, to answer your question, from the Flyers, I would gladly offer JVR and the 2012 1st for McDonagh.

Girardi's value is harder to gauge. He plays far better than his skill set suggests he should (which is more a testament to his play than a denigration of skills). He's the kind of guy you would love to build a defensive corp around, and I just don't see any team offering up a package that would make the Rangers move him.

Staal and MDZ both have questions--about their health, consistency, etc. They are also at least somewhat redundant, assuming the Rangers keep Girardi and McDonagh. That's the reason the original thread moved toward them and away from McD and Girardi.
Well, it's really more so because Girardi as our only top 4 RH D now, we can't really move him and McDonagh's ceiling is sky high and we would never get full value for him. I'd move him for Stamkos. On Giroux I'd think long and hard and eventually say no.

Staal and DZ odd men out.

iamitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 12:57 PM
JWells16

Pens offer:
Eric Tangradi, Tom Kuhnhackl, Brian Strait, and a 2nd round draft pick

But more realistically,
Eric Tangradi, Zbynek Michalek, and Brian Strait

JWells16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 01:07 PM
bernmeister

McD -- not traded, except as part of package for uber-elite sniper Malkin/Stamkos.

Girardi, must get 1 top good young sniper minimal baggage. That's his value. Prefer to move instead of Staal in most cases, like Staal slightly more, IMO Erixon already here next year and ALL the D we have in our system who have any chance are righty. So Girardi is expendable he is more replaceable immediately with McIlrath/J. Schultz (if we can get him).

bernmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 01:13 PM
Double Dion
Jets fan 30/06/2013

Quote:
Just gauging value. I'm interested to see how other people view these players. So come up with offers for them seperately or as a package together.

Note: I do not want to trade them, just gauging value. I absolutely love them on my team and I wouldn't trade McDonagh for anything less than an overpayment of historical proportions.

I myself rate McDonagh just as high as blues fans rate their own 22 year old #27, Alex Pietrangelo.
McDonagh is a great skater, he is extremely good in his own zone, he can handle the puck and he was ranked top 6 in ES (even strength points) by defensemen this season.

He had a great +/- and this was his first full season in NHL. The kid is a stud. Give him PP time and he'll turn into a 50 point player IMO (I've also heard the same argument by alot of sportcommentators and hockeyanalysts).

Anyway... shoot! What's their value individually or together.
The bolded statement makes this conversation moot. McD is a great young defenseman. But he's not in the same class at Pietrangelo. He's a future perhaps current #2, Pietrangelo is a future perhaps current Norris type guy.

Double Dion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 01:24 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamitter View Post
Well, it's really more so because Girardi as our only top 4 RH D now, we can't really move him and McDonagh's ceiling is sky high and we would never get full value for him. I'd move him for Stamkos. On Giroux I'd think long and hard and eventually say no.

You wouldn't move McDonagh for Claude ****ing Giroux...

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 01:28 PM
Double Dion
Jets fan 30/06/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
You wouldn't move McDonagh for Claude ****ing Giroux...
I know, definitely ridiculous. McDonagh is barely a top pairing defenseman at this stage. Giroux is one of the top 5 forwards in the league and is still a kid.

Old
05-31-2012, 01:31 PM
ChrisKreider20
Oh Hai Guise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Dion View Post
I know, definitely ridiculous. McDonagh is barely a top pairing defenseman at this stage. Giroux is one of the top 5 forwards in the league and is still a kid.

Tell that to the player playing 27 minutes in the playoffs.

I'd go it for Giroux in a heartbeat but to call McDonagh barely top pairing means you haven't seen him play this year.

ChrisKreider20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 01:32 PM
SoulReaper
Cake is a LIE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamitter View Post

Yikes...wouldnt trade McD straight up for Giroux?

You sir are mad.

SoulReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 01:38 PM
rockinghockey

EDM is in the need for some dmen so what would it take to get two of
McDo, MDZ, or Girardi.

2013 1st
Hemsky
Marincin
prospect

Would that work

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 01:40 PM
Double Dion
Jets fan 30/06/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaBorat View Post

Tell that to the player playing 27 minutes in the playoffs.

I'd go it for Giroux in a heartbeat but to call McDonagh barely top pairing means you haven't seen him play this year.
Right, no one saw him play in Canada where every game is televised and everyone watches every playoff game. Girardi and Staal saw similar ice time. Girardi is the top defenseman in general for your club. MDZ sees more offensive time and Staal sees more defensive time. McDonagh is the #2 defenseman for the Rangers and would be on most clubs. I'm not trying to disparage him, but saying you wouldn't move him for Giroux or he's as good as Pietrangelo (one of the top 3 defensemen in the game right now) is just ridiculous.

Old
05-31-2012, 01:42 PM
SoulReaper
Cake is a LIE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
McDo, MDZ, or Girardi.

2013 1st
Hemsky
Marincin
prospect

Would that work
laughable offer imo.

SoulReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
McDo, MDZ, or Girardi.

2013 1st
Hemsky
Marincin
prospect

Would that work
No.

To get two of those, it would absolutely cost one of Hall, RNH, Eberle, or Yakupov, and I'm pretty certain that the Rangers would pass even then.

Old
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 567
Quote:
Right, no one saw him play in Canada where every game is televised and everyone watches every playoff game. Girardi and Staal saw similar ice time. Girardi is the top defenseman in general for your club. MDZ sees more offensive time and Staal sees more defensive time. McDonagh is the #2 defenseman for the Rangers and would be on most clubs. I'm not trying to disparage him, but saying you wouldn't move him for Giroux or he's as good as Pietrangelo (one of the top 3 defensemen in the game right now) is just ridiculous.
No, McDonagh is the better of the two. I absolutely love the kid. He's the absolute PERFECT #2 defenseman, and a middle of the pack #1. But to compare him to Pietrangelo is insane.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 02:04 PM
The Note
Expectations: Low

Quote:
McDo, MDZ, or Girardi.

2013 1st
Hemsky
Marincin
prospect

Would that work
You forgot one of Hall, Eberle, RNH, or this in your post. That might get you one of those D-men certainly not McD.

The Note is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 02:18 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

Quote:
Pietrangelo is one of the top-3 defensemen in the game right now?!?

No wonder why you're saying what you're saying. Sorry, but Pietrangelo is not better than Weber, Keith, Chara, Suter, Doughty, or even Lidstrom. Not happening, and I LOVE Pietrangelo and avidly follow the blues, as they're my #3 team behind the Rangers and Kings, and are a huge reason as to why I have center ice.

CM Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote