HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Does Rolston have 1 more season in him?

Old
05-30-2012, 05:15 PM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

vCash: 500
Emphatically....NO!

Though that won't keep him from making a comeback in 2013/14 and signing with the Isles.

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 06:46 PM
startainfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipernsx View Post
Emphatically....NO!

Though that won't keep him from making a comeback in 2013/14 and signing with the Isles.
isles fans would riot if we brought him back

startainfection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2012, 07:37 PM
88th Precinct
'Charro Unchained'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabid Ranger View Post
Rolston's stint on the Island doesn't mar his career-mate. He's always had a rep as a solid professional. Like I said-his effectiveness is situational. He looked very good on a very good Boston team. Like I said-why wouldn't they bring him back in that role?
Because Boston has better depth than that.

I'm not saying now, nor did I ever imply that his 60+ days as an Islander made his career; just that at his age the propensity to drift through the regular season should be a concern. If I were playing architect of a team and I had a choice between a player entering his prime who just shows nothing but the hunger to win and hasn't shown a tendency to lose his compete level early or mid-season and a guy like Rolston, my choice is already made. Sure, he's got experience, but if a player isn't going to show up to play for an entire season, a good team with either say either ride the bus in the AHL until you get your manhood back or GTFO.

For sake of both endurance and effort, it's too likely that the B's would get longer, sustained offense from a kid that wants to be there for 82 games rather than Rolston who I'd doubt could keep the intensity up for even 41. The Isles and the Bruins both started the season at 0 points, and he was even playing with Tavares occasionally at the very beginning.

If John Tavares can make Pierre-Alexandre Parenteau and Matt Moulson - both NINTH round picks - into 65+ point players and he can't do a thing with Brian Rolston, it doesn't take long to play the "one of these things is not like the other" game and see where the fault lies, does it?

88th Precinct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-31-2012, 04:24 PM
isles31
Poster Excellont

well, id say yes if he follows the format he had this year...coast for 49 games then decide to make an effort.

isles31 is offline   Reply With Quote